Trouble with batch processing in CS6

I am trying to batch process a set of 100 jpeg photos in CS6 and I am having issues. Here is what I did so far...

1. disable opening of ACR when the jpeg opens, so it opens right in PS
2. Open up the first picture in the picture folder, in Adobe Bridge, double click to open in PS
3. Record action that has the following (auto-contrast, smart sharpen (set parameters) and image resize). Finished the recording.
4. Closed out of PS, re-opened and choose File- Automate- Batch
5 Chose my action, designated a second folder for the edited files to go into, assign a 3 digit serial number etc etc..

When I run it, I get the following errors:

-"The command levels is currently not available"
-"The command smart sharpen is currently not available"
-"The command image size is currently not available"

Am I missing some piece to this Any clues

Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:05:12 AM Total Views:  42
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Filter trouble

, I have just downloaded CS4 and am having a bit of trouble with the Filters. Some of the different blends such as Ripple are unselectable, yet there are still some that are I have no clue what is going on. I have tried manually opening the Plug-ins and they seem to be there. I would appreciate an help or explanations for my dilema, please.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

A little trouble on web creation

Right i have created my template etc. And what i want the site to do is where the content box is for text instead of having to use photoshop to edit what text is in here i want to be able to edit it through notepad or frontpage. Even when i view the site you can not highlight the text as it appears as an image. Help would be greatly appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help with type in illustrator

I know this is the photoshop forum, but i need quick help if possible. please see image below: Does anyone how to get the text to format like that with the large first letter in either illustrator or in-design.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Font direction/shape

I'm wanting to make the type for a logo i'm designing follow a curve. I want a circle of text around the main part of the logo, can someone please explain how to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

rounded rectangle tool

I'm a bit of a beginner in Photoshop and I can't figure out how to change the border width when I am doing things like rounded rectangles (I want to make the border thicker than how it is set by default). Can anybody tell me how to do this I'm using PS7 by the way. Cheers, Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

CS2 Problems

I just got Photoshop CS2, and it works fine except, after i start a new project, the file, edit, layers buttons (top menu bars) wont come down. they will before i load something, but after i do that a small bar comes down, with an up and down arrow, and i can't get anything. It's driving me crazy, i cant use photoshop when it's like this. help how do i fix this!!!!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Save For Web Default Format?

I have a situation where I need to rather quickly open a jpeg file, make color corrections, and then "save for web" to a new location as a jpeg file. Everythihg's working fine except that when I go to save the file, Photoshop always defaults to HTML format. So I need to go to the file type and change it to HTML, and then go to the filename and rename the extension from html to jpg -- all this before I can save each file. And when I'm doing 15-20 files at a time, it becomes annoying quickly. Is there any way I can tell Photoshop I always want to save web photos as jpegs
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Resolution and file sizes

Hi , I'm new to this forum as well as photoshop so please bare with me. This question may seem obvious to some of you but I'd like to understand this issue. I've been taking digital photos in Raw format for use in photoshop, I'd eventually like to send them in to a stock photography site and the one I'm thinking of applying to, Alamy, demands file sizes of 48MB+ per photo in TIFF. I've been uploading them from my camera onto my hard drive and they end up just short of this required file size, around 46MB. Unfortunately a 1GB flash card full of Raw images, when converted to this size, eats up a lot of memory. I don't think I can use all the images for stock photography anyway so I started looking at how I can affect file sizes under "Image"-"Image size" so I can clear up some memory and I've noticed I can play around with the image size if I change the resolution. Currently the 46MB photos are at a resolution of 2000, if I change them to 300, the resulting file size is just over 1MB, which is great because the ones I can't use, I can still store at a reduced size and clear some space on the old hard drive. But I've noticed I can take the same converted 1MB image, change the resolution to 3000 and end up with a 105MB image. OK "So what's your problem" you might ask. Well, where's all this extra resolution coming from I can make it go up and down as I please and I have no idea how this is even possible. Shouldn't reducing resolution from 46MB to 1MB forever reduce the quality of the image How is it possible to go back to the original size or even increase it Can anyone help me to understand this relationship between resolution and file size , So this image, UNCOMPRESSED uses 3 MB (vs 1GB) of data. As you can see, resolution will play a vital key in the resulting file size. Sound confusing It is...and I did nothing to clear the smoke...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Cutting Text?

hey, im new here and i got a question. When i select text for my signature im trying to cut it out. but when i got to cut all i can do is copy it. any ideas on what i can do to be able to cut
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

cutting out my image and placing it on a black background?

hi, i have this image: how do i place it on a totally black background will it be easy to just cut out cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Getting alpha channel transparency to work

sorry in advance for being a complete noob and asking a question that probably has a very simple answer, but: I'm just getting to grips with photoshop and I'm trying to do something that I could previously do with other image software. I want to 'paint' the transparency of a layer using the alpha channel. So when I paint black on the alpha channel it makes that part of the layer completely transparent, and white makes it completely opaque (and grey shades are in between). From what I understood of the help, this should be possible by just creating an alpha channel and painting in it. But when I try and then click back to display the RGB channel to look at the changes I've made, nothing actually changes. Whatever I seem to do to the alpha channel it doesn't actually affect the layer's transpancy at all. Hope you can help, and like I say it's probably something really simple that I'm missing, but I'm used to just editing the alpha channel and having that instantly update the image with other software. Cheers.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

She Hates Photoshop!!

link
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Photoshop Actions

Is it possible for someone to give me the short run down on how to do the following with an action It doesn't have to be batch-applied to a bunch of files. I'd just manually apply it to the files I wanted. 1. Converts from INDEXED to RGB Mode 2. Creates a new HUE/SATURATION adjustment layer with a setting that would turn the file from say, red to blue 3. Save the file in the same format the original was (preserving transparency) and naming the file in the following manner: original file : top_left_red.gif new file name : top_left_blue.gif I could then either modify this action or create a new one that could do the same but apply an orange/green/purple/teal HUE/SAT adjustment and naming convention instead. This would save me a great deal of work and time.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Trouble moving a selection in CS6

I just got a new PC with Photoshop CS6, however is not working in the same way as I am used to. When I select a region within a layer and try to move it the whole layer is being moved and not just the highlighted region, i.e. I have multiple layers and I want to move an object in one layer closer to another object in a different layer. I used to be able to do this with no problems in the old version I had. Any thoughts Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

Change Ctrl+z History Setting

Hi all, Was Just wondering if it is possible to make PS act like every other program when it comes to undoing history. At the moment it changes back and forth between a single most recent event but I want it to just go back through history til I stop Ctrl+Zing. Is this a feature that I might like later when I get more experienced Because right now I would prefer the other way.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Improve my graphic design skills

Hi all my name is Marina and I am a web designer lately want to improve my graphic skills so I have started studing Photoshop. I am sending an image and I would like to ask you ahich method shall I use in order to blend the image nicely with solid background. I have tried Adjustment Layers and Blend mode but the result was not so nice. Can you help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Low Memory Error

I have a machine with 8 GB RAM, about 40GB of free space on my system/program drive (a SSD unit), and have Photoshop CS 6 set up to page on drive C (although I have 4 rotating drives available with lots of free space). I tried to load a small Photoshop file and got an error message that I was low on memory -- it would not let me process that file. So I rebooted. That didn't help. Next I went to Preferences menu and changed the memory from 50% to 75%. BIG MISTAKE: now I can't even load Photoshop. Short of reinstalling, is there any way I can recover from this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Did some practice on selection tools

what do you think does this blend halfway decent It'd be great if you'd point out what looks unnatural to you so i can work on it ps: I know, the motive does not make much sense, but i just used it as practice and did not want to look for better stock ;)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tiffs are blurred/colour changed in photoshop and clear/perfect in windows paint?

I have been learning photography and editing my images in photoshop. Yesterday by chance I discovered that photoshop is not showing my tiff files correctly, I created a Tiff file with a program called photomatix and saved it. When I open a tiff file in "windows paint" it is perfect and clear When I open a tiff file in photoshop it is slughtly blurred and the colour is different compared to the windows paint version. For the purposes of testing I also downloaded a random tiff image file from the internet, ran the same test and indeed photoshop opens up a slightly blurred version. Windows paint opens up a perfect version which is identical to the random image I found on the web. I am hoping that I have some kind of quality setting incorrectly set, can't though for the life of me solve this and would be eternally greateful for any help. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!

How do I open an unsupported Tiff?

, I have a folder of tiffs that were recovered from an sd card out of a Canon T3i. The only recovery software that worked saved them as Tiff files. I can view the thumbnail, I can even view the full res version in Windows Picture Viewer, but the files cannot be opened by Lightroom, Photoshop, Infranview or Gimp. The all spit out a message to the tune of "unsupported tiff format". I'd be happy to just get these things into jpeg format so that I can edit them, this mess is turning into a nightmare. Please, please give me some wisdom. I'm at a loss.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Trying to find the easiest way to do this

I have two images, one that I want to superimpose onto the other. Image 1: Image 2: I want image two to fit perfectly onto the mouse pad area without going over the edges at all. Just erasing image two is not accurate enough. What would be the best way to go about doing this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Memory leak in CS6 ?

, while checking one problem posted here I loaded six raw photos into HDR in CS6, it consumed over 3GB of memory from 1.5GB to 5GB ( I understand that since I saw memory going up during computing operations ) but did not give it back after I closed the picture and stood with empty Photoshop. I tried to open another photo, without HDR this time, and memory consumption went slightly up, then returned to previous value of 5GB. Memory consumption dropped back only after I closed the whole Photoshop. Does anybody know about some way to release memory without restarting Photoshop Oh it runs on Win 7 64bit. Thank you, Peter
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

key words list in bridge cs6

Hi people! I have a problem. I have recently installed cs 6 and opened bridge an discovered that hardly any of my keywords were present in the keywords list, although all of my photos were tagged in cs4. What is the easiest way to bring back all the keywords to the keywords list in cs6 Would be very grateful for an answer. Nille
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Question : collection of image

It has been a while since I used Photoshop, but here is what I'm trying to do : I have a collection of images (20-30 images), I would like to put all the images together and create some sort of art with it or combine all the images together with a cool effects.... I tried to google to get some idea on this, but end up with nothing, i guess i didn't use the correct term. So I was wondering if there is an option to do something like this on Photoshop or if I have to go after another program Thank You
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Where is the "polygon slice" tool???

, I have been reading about the "polygon slice" tool in Photoshop online help, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone no how to access it I'm using Photoshop CS6. Ultimately, what I want to do is create a map of the US with the states sliced out. They'll roll over and turn into different colored states, and be linked. Pretty simple stuff, and it's been done before, but I just need to locate the polygon slice tool in order to be able to do this. Any clues on where to find it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help blacking out logo

So I have an image that I am going to get printed. I want to use spot uv printing on it and I need to create a blacked out version of the logo on a separate file to show them where the uv print is supposed to go. How do i do this efficiently
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

achieving this image-distortion effect

all! I'd really like to do something similar to pictures of mine, and wondering if anyone knows what tools / filters I could use to achieve it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Inked Page - getting rid of the background / grey areas

, I'm making a comic book, and we've got a huge problem that I think could be fixed with something simple. After our inker inks a page, we scan it, and I've got to get rid of the background so that we can put the colors behind it. But we're getting so much data loss here that we've got to stop drawing in real life and start fixing things on the computer. I usually set the document to black and white mode, use the brightness / contrast to get it a little darker, and then use the "curves" tool. This gets rid of the grey, but crushes our line quality. Little details like hair are lost completely. I was searching through the forums for a solution, and I found this post... Eliminating grey from backround in a scanned image but I'm not sure what was done - or if it's even the same kind of problem, because the final version still had a background in that PSD file. http://unlikelyheroesstudios.com/grey_sample.jpg original... http://unlikelyheroesstudios.com/get..._after_pic.jpg after the curves (and placing a solid red layer behind the black inked layer) I put links because this is my first post (google searches for the answer took me to that link I mentioned) and I can't just directly upload the file until I've been here for a while. Anyone have any ideas - Justin
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!

Can't open CR2 files in CS3 after recovery from a memory card deletion, help please!

I accidentally deleted some photos from a memory card. I recovered them using software called "Recover My Files". This software recovered the files but now I can't open them in CS3. I took these with an old Canon Rebel DSLR and they should not need converting, they opened fine before I deleted them. Any advice much appreciated. I really need these photos.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Recent issue with discolored images when moving image within PS

Hi ! I am a photographer and this is my first time in this forum. I'm a MAC user with CS5. of a sudden I am having an issue with my files. I shoot RAW, save the files as PSD, then save the final edits as jpegs. Recently I noticed that the jpeg thumbnails in the folders for my last 4 sessions look discolored, kinda greenish. But when I click on the image and open in preview it looks fine. However, when I open the file in PS and try to move the image into another window to work on a design there, it looks discolored like the thumbnail! I did "save for web & devices" and it transferred fine, but I don't want to do that. Can anyone tell me what has happened Could it be my camera settings I have only noticed this since I upgraded my body. (I have a Nikon D7000) I have attached a screen shot.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!