Some issues following a website design guide (psd included)

Hi smart,

First question post here, exciting!
I'm following a guide to make a website design. This guide it is. I've skipped creating the logo and I'm working on the header now.

I've encountered following problems:

- Creating the shadow, following this part of the guide using gaussian blur.. The shadow just won't appear, as if "multiply" blend mode doesnt work
What gaussian blur value do they mean with this "Apply Gaussian Blur filter. Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur (2-3)." I've used 2,5.

- Creating the transparant stripes on this page. I don't seem to find the "Transparent pastels" they refer to. I've used "transparent stripes". Where can I find these "transparent pastels"

- I think the rest is correct. Feel free to point out more mistakes!

I've included my psd. I'm not looking for you to fix it but I'm rather looking to learn what mistakes I've made.
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:52:19 AM Total Views:  251
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

how do i add weight to someone in a picture?

i am new to photoshop and have d/l the 30 day free trial of photoshop elements 7. i am in the USMC in the reserves and during boot camp, i was really sick with pnemoniua and looked horrible. as is my luck, they took our boot camp pics were taken while i was sick. i want to change my pic and add weight to my face so it doesnt look so horrible. i literally look like i belong in a camp during nazi germany, its that bad and ive been looking at these pics for 2.5 yrs now. how do i add weight to pics i know ppl take weight away to make ppl skinny etc so im sure i can add to it instead but i do not know how. any help would be greatly appreciated. i can send the pic as well if anyone owuld like ot tackle this for me. either way i would be greatly appreciative.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need something cool!!

k im like, completely new to photoshop. the coolest thing ive done is like a light saber and it doesnt really look all that good. but im looking to know how to do something cool. i dunno what though. just something that can impress people ya know\t so if anyone can help, or tell em wehre to go, or something, that help alot!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How do I paste something into another picture?

Sorry Im a noob. How do I paste things I have cut out from a picture into another picture When I try to do it I paste the picture in but its not movable (its just part of the picture)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

HELP I need some hosting and a domain name for my clan site!

all, i really need somewhere to host my clan site, and somewhere to get a domain name as cheap as possible, does anyone know where to get one for free
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Give me some Constructive Criticism.

, I'm a Graphic Designer.. And still trying to get better at what I do. At the minute I can work with Text really well and Brushes, I use both Maxon Cinema 4d And Adobe Photoshop. I can't really work with real life photos to make them look better and I can't really manipulate them or combine Photo within photo for a really cool effect. I'm still working on this but I'm really bad on it... I have a youtube Channel Which I have uploaded a couple of videos of me on Photoshop Doing a sort of ' Speed Edit ' . I then commentate over it for a more entertaining feel. If you could check one of those out and give me some constructive criticism I believe that would help me very much in the future. The series I'm working on is called ' Pennas Perspective ' and here is the latest Epsiode: http://www.youtube.com/watchv=7LjuMZDafmE Don't expect too much from me as I'm not a professional Graphic Designer, But hopefully when I leave school and go into college and other things like that I'll progress to be pretty good at it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

New but may have something of interest to somebody...

I am very new to PS but was fooling around with a few simple tools other day and found a nice way to display text or shape maybe. My guess is that somebody has already done this but who knows. If so I apologize now. For now I will just show a final picture of what I am talking about. I first did it with 4 lines then moved on to text. I did not simply stamp text on top of a design. The design depended on the text to start with. That is why the letters always fit perfect every time. I was unsure if I should try to post all the steps and pictures of stages so I only showed these and if anybody wants the details then email me at leroy1955@gmail.com I am still experimenting and it really varies to letter spacing or size but once done a couple times you find out it is really simple. Ok, I am off to try other variations to this. BTW- Nice forum from what I have seen my first night on it. [/img]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

some sigs I made

What do you think of these sigs that I made. Any comments are welcome,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Rookie here...Need some quick tips

, A total rookie here. I just purchase PS, AI, etc... I have a small business and I am working on making brochures, catalogs, etc. for my products. One of our main products is a safety flag. That is, it has a steel base at one end of a fiberglass rod, long a fiberglass rod, and flag at the other end of the long fiberglass rod. It is very difficult to take pictures of a product that is this "long" and "skinny" and expect good resolution. Therefore, I instead took closeups on each end of the safety whip i.e. the steel mounting base, and the flag at the top of the rod. I used PS on these 2 images to remove the background and clean around the edges. So, now I have 2 images. One of the steel mounting base that is clean and one of the flag that is clean. I need help to "re-construct" a fiberglass rod which I can place the clean picture of the steel mounting base at one end and clean flag at the other. How do I "re-make" a fiberglass rod that is white and looks somewhat realistic That is, the rod should lay horizontal, but look like it has a "roundness" to it (not just a long white rectangle). I assume that I need to do this with shadowing to simulate that the rod is round and not just a white rectangle that I created\t To complicate it slightly more is that the base end of the fiberglass rod is slightly larger than the top end of the fiberglass rod. What I mean is that the rod is "tapered" from the base end to the top end. Is this a PS challenge Or, should I be using AI I know that this is probably very simple, but I am not sure how to do this. So, any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance! Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Replacing someone in another picture

For example, how would I take the girl with the pink shirt out of PIC A (as labeled) and put the girl from PIC B there instead If that's even possible, that is... PIC A http://i41.tinypic.com/ojgw3q.jpg PIC B http://i44.tinypic.com/25oximx.jpg
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

can someone help me with my problem?

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum, but I must say the work that has done looks great! I need some help with an image I'm trying to make. Its supposed to look like someone seeing themselves in a mirror. I had trouble making a silhouette of a face, and then had trouble making it look like there was a mirror with the same face in it. If anyone can help me make it look like a mirror (I really don't know how to make one) and make the faces have the same perspective, I would greatly appreciate that! In addition, feel free to redraw the face or find a new one, because I'm really not happy how this one looks. Honestly, if you just want to start from scratch, I wouldn't mind! I attached the file.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Can someone help me determine the font of this image and replace one of the words?

, I'm trying to replace the word "Residential" with the word "University" in the following image, but I'm having a hard time determining what the font is and replacing it so that it looks the same, just a different word. Does anyone know how to do this Heres the image: http://i.imgur.com/fQwrw.gif
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Removing some save formats types from SAVE menu

In SAVE (and SAVE AS) menu of PS there are list of different supported formats such as PSD, BMP, GIF, DCM, EPS, PCX, PDF, PXR, png etc. But Mostly we use few of them. Is there a option to change this list and remove unwanted ones! ------------------------------- PS always wants to save the result by default in PSD format and as soon as you change it, (and file name already exist) it add "copy" add end of file. For me this is annoying I want to replace the file. IS there a way to either disable adding "copy" or disabling the default save format
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

can some one do me a photoshop favour? plz

here is my mk1 golf can someone photoshop it and put a tyre on it and change the background so its on the ground or road or something so i can see how it will look please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

HELP! How can you change a signature's colour?

Hi people, I've scanned in a copy of my signature, dragged & dropped it from MS Word into Photoshop CS2. BUT... I want to change its colour from black to a specific pantone colour for a sales letter I'm writing (0c1c8c)... Would someone be so kind as to advise me on how to do this please, as everything I seem to try just isn't working.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Adobel PS CS User with Epson Photo Sylus 2200

I'm a relative novice with PS but have had it since PS 4.0. However, have procured Epson's 2200 for my photo printing and note some variances of monitor view versus printer view. I wonder if there are others who are experiencing similar setup problems with the Color Settings feature of PS CS, or for that matter PS 7.0, et al. Would be interested in other folk's comments or suggestions.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Learn about filters

Can anyone recommend a bunch of tutorials or a good book that concentrates on PS filters Also a tutorial or text on using the Blending Modes. I am using CS
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

hair issue changing background

I need some help changing background Click this bar to view the original image of 800x600px. I have masked using channels, I am struggling with the hair using CS4
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!