Recent issue with discolored images when moving image within PS

Hi ! I am a photographer and this is my first time in this forum. I'm a MAC user with CS5.

of a sudden I am having an issue with my files. I shoot RAW, save the files as PSD, then save the final edits as jpegs. Recently I noticed that the jpeg thumbnails in the folders for my last 4 sessions look discolored, kinda greenish. But when I click on the image and open in preview it looks fine. However, when I open the file in PS and try to move the image into another window to work on a design there, it looks discolored like the thumbnail! I did "save for web & devices" and it transferred fine, but I don't want to do that.

Can anyone tell me what has happened Could it be my camera settings I have only noticed this since I upgraded my body. (I have a Nikon D7000)

I have attached a screen shot.

Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:05:09 AM Total Views:  77
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Odd issue - I accidently made a target and can't delete it

I have no idea how I did this. I was doing some selections and gradients and somehow 'tagged' my document. It's really annoying. ctrl+z wouldn't undo it either. I can't find any tool that can select or move it. I have a screen shot below. It's the crosshair with the dot and number 1. Any one know what this is and how to delete it I tried googling, but I'm not sure what to call this thing. I've been using PS since version 4.0, but I'm assuming this is one of the newer features
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Banding issues when sent to printer

I have a large scanned image (tif). I am creating several layers some with a lot of Gaussian blur and then changing the blend mode. Some selected areas are erased from some of the layers where I do not want the image blurred. When i send the print to the printer (Epson 7880), the image prints fine except where it is very dark. There appears to be banding in the dark areas. This is the same area where i did most of the erasing. I read banding is caused during conversion. When I change the mode temporarily to CMYK in Photoshop I see the problem areas. I did add a noise layer as i heard this helps but it did not clear this up. I am moving from the traditional darkroom to Photoshop and I need to use Gaussian blur or something similar to get the same effects I did in the darkroom.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help with font/text issue needed

I have Photoshop 7.0 downloaded on my laptop and my desktop. A while back, I was trying to mess with text qualities for an image and apparently did something wrong that I cannot find how to undo. If I crop an image, suddenly the text size will not go above 18 px. Even if I try to change the font size via the dropdown box at the top, any size I click that is bigger than 18 px will do nothing. If I type in the font size I want (ex. 36) a window comes up saying "A value between 0.00 pixels and 18.0 pixels value is required. Closest Value inserted" The weird thing is, if I don't
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

jpg issue

I have this question in my previous post, but I thought I'd better give it a heading of it's own if I"m going to figure it out. I have saved a couple of images, nothing fancy, in jpg format after editing them with photoshop. I placed one into frontpage 2003 through the insert picture menu and then tried to preview the webpage. The page comes up correctly but the picture doesn't. It gives me an X in the spot the picture would be. I uploaded the page and the picture and am getting the same thing. To make matters worse, I've emailed the picture to someone else and they get a red X as well when they try and open the picture. So that tells me that something in Photoshop is not correct. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing jpg images to not save correctly or be corrupted I'm considering uninstalilng photoshop 7 and reinstalling it to try and correct the problem. But I'd like to know what it is so I don't do it again. I've not chagned any settings. The only thing that happend before all of this occures, was that I was editing a graphic image for my website. It would not allow me to get a foreground color that wasn't a form of black and white. I copied that picture and opened a new item and pasted it into that new canvas or created a canvas the size of the picutre and created my own picture based on that canvas size. So I'm not really sure how anything could have become changed or corrupted.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

I'm having a text issue, please help :)

Hi , I'm new to this forum. I need to learn how to make text be anchored straight on the top, but have the bottom of the letters curve downward as in the photo of this shirt I found: http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/58/58073/astropage1.jpg Can anyone give me a quick pointer
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Image File size issue

I am creating a flash series and I'm doing all of my characters and backgrounds in photoshop. I love the way it looks but when I import the characters and backgrounds into flash the file size is WAY too big. Is there something that I don't know about to lower the file size without losing any quality of the drawings I've tried exporting the images for web devices and that greatly lowers the quality, and I've tried saving the images in different file types and they're all way too big. One background with a car driving down the road on it is over 1 mb. Help\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help with font sizing issue please....

Ugh... So here's the thing, I'm trying to get some comics into a local newspaper. The problem is, no matter which font I choose, the printing seems to get choppy and hard to read when it's shrunk down to fit the 'newspaper sized' strips. I've tried putting the lettering in while the strip is bigger, and then shrinking it all down. I've also tried shrinking the image down first, and then adding the text. Both had the same unsatisfactory result. I'm currently stuck with Photoshop 5, so I'm a little more limited than people with newer versions. I appreciate any help I can get on this. Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

I have a werid Photoshop issue

, This my first post so bare with me, ha. I am trying "save for web" in Photoshop CS3. I use this function all the time and have not changed any settings, but something strange is going on. When I save a jpeg for web, the file type is saved as a Photoshop Jpeg file, not just a Jpeg file. This is causing some issues at work with flash when I am trying to import jpegs into it, due to the what we use it for. I keep getting an error and then flash closes. My IT and Flash guy at work says it is because of the way these files are saving, but I can not figure out why they are saving as Photoshop Jepg. I have asked both of them and they are stumped as well. I would appreciate any help anyone may have.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Smart object copies Vs. clones

Just wondered if anyone knows how to make independent copies of a smart object when duplicating a large group of individual layers and smart objects. When you do this it makes copies of the smart-objects which are linked to the originals, so editing the new copy also changes the original. Up to now i've had to change each smart obj manually after a group duplication. Maybe Adobe PS devs should include this option in future versions. It limits what otherwise is a really good new PS feature
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

I am not color blind just color stupid!!

How cool is this This is my first post and I have to be humble and call myself STUPID!! I have done a search here to bring closure to my quest of color management. My problem is I do not understand some of the lingo. It is obvious to me that I wanna see my photos on photoshop to look identical to what my pro lab prints. That was not the case at all so I tried to adjust using Adobe gamma but I never got the results that I wanted. Since I never got the results that I wanted I decided that I will splurge and buy a spyder. After I calibrated my monitor all the colors were perfect. The photos on my website looked like the photos I have had printed and so did all the programs on my computer except for the opened files in photoshop. They seemed to be extremely saturated and the colors are all messed up. Before I open a file in photoshop the thumbnails even look perfect. If I click on the proof colors and change it to monitor colors or custom colorplus (the calibration hardware I used) then everything is fine. I do not want to have to do that every time I open a photo. SOMEONE PLEASE explain this in stupid mans terms.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Club Flyers Tutorial - Newbie

I am new to photoshop and ever since my fraternity made me design a flyer for one of our parties I have been sorta hooked on doing cooler stuff. Problem is that photoshop is pretty complicated and very intimidating.. I was just wondering if anyone knew of some good (and free or cheap) tutorials that cater specifically to making club flyers.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

outlining color text in black

, how do you outline color text in black
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

CS File Browser

I have a question concerning the file browser in CS. I have been using two monitors for some time, having all my tool palettes on one monitor and using the other monitor for photo editing. I would like to have the File Browser on the second monitor with my tool palettes, so I could leave it open all the time. I haven't found a way to move the file browser to the second monitor. I can click and drag the tool palettes from one monitor to the other with the mouse, but when I click in the title bar of the file browser and try to drag it to monitor no. 2, it will only move off the edge of one monitor, and not move over to the next. Anyone have a suggestion of how to move the file browser from monitor one to monitor two Also, CS will not let me drag a photo from monitor one to monitor two. It would be nice to be able to display multiple photos currently open in CS - on either - or on both monitors. Can this be done, if so, how
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Cutting Text?

hey, im new here and i got a question. When i select text for my signature im trying to cut it out. but when i got to cut all i can do is copy it. any ideas on what i can do to be able to cut
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

DL FONTS

. Where do you unzip a dl font to. What program file
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

PS "Not Responding" ... NEED TO SAVE!!

I've been working on this piece for at least 4 hours. I go to do a Mosaic Tile (which has caused similar problems in the past), and PS locks up. I look at Task Manager ... doesn't say it's not responding ... just using 400,000 Kb of CPU or so. So, I've been waiting it out for at least 15 to 20 minutes. I can do stuff like surf and open other progs ... but PS is still thinking. Anybody know how I can save my work that so desperately needs it\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Memory leak in CS6 ?

, while checking one problem posted here I loaded six raw photos into HDR in CS6, it consumed over 3GB of memory from 1.5GB to 5GB ( I understand that since I saw memory going up during computing operations ) but did not give it back after I closed the picture and stood with empty Photoshop. I tried to open another photo, without HDR this time, and memory consumption went slightly up, then returned to previous value of 5GB. Memory consumption dropped back only after I closed the whole Photoshop. Does anybody know about some way to release memory without restarting Photoshop Oh it runs on Win 7 64bit. Thank you, Peter
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

Very laggy brush/other tools in Photoshop CS2. Have tried everything! Help!

I use Photoshop CS2 for drawing with a wacom graphire4. Recently an intermittent problem has become near-permanent and insufferable. I have tried absolutely everything I can think of, and nothing seems to help. Basically, using the brush (or any other drawing/painting) tool results in kinked lines. See the picture attached. As you can see, where I've tried to draw a quick (if dirty) circle, the line, which should be smooth, is kinked. It's as if the pen isn't being sampled quickly enough. There are lots of possible reasons for this. To eliminate possible suggestions let me run through a(n incomplete) list of the things I've tried so far: - turned on smoothing in brush options (that's an easy one!) - altered memory available to photoshop (increasing and decreasing) - increased windows virtual memory / turned off virtual memory - tried every possible combination of scratch drives, including not including the photoshop host drive at all - reinstalled photoshop - tried tons of image resolutions (from 320x200x72dpi to 3000x3000x300dpi and beyond) - used a different version of photoshop (2 actually) - tried every single wacom driver that is still available (about 8) - tried 10+ different legacy graphics drivers - reinstalled windows (XP pro SP3) - reinstalled windows on a new hard drive - removed my cpu, blasted out the heatsink, replaced the thermal paste and replaced the cooler - turned off all gpu acceleration both in photoshop and in windows - run memtest overnight (tons of passes, not one error) - tried 2 different tablets - tried every USB port, tried the tablet(s) directly in the usb ports and in a powered USB hub - tried turning off pen flicks and all the tablet PC stuff - monitored task manager for any processes that might be hogging CPU time (nothing there) - increased Photoshop's CPU priority -- no difference. - tried the tablet in gimp (ugh) -- works absolutely fine, no lag. :I The other weird thing here -- perhaps the weirdest thing -- is that it's not an inadequacy in my current system: photoshop's worked just fine in the past on exactly the same system. I've also attached an image I drew on the computer when it was working fine. It's completely insane basically. I'm no expert with computers but I can usually solve a problem, and this one is completely beyond me. I need help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!