PS CS4 trouble random block artifacts appear after filling vector or path...

I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong here or if there is a known bug at play.
When attempting to right click on the vector path in PS CS4 and selecting Fill Path, the path is filled as chosen but random block artifacts are created...
I tried to trick it by creating a vector mask and fill tool selected color and it works fine like in the third photo. As soon as you rasterize the layer, it goes back to the exact previous problem. The artifacts even show up in the layers mask icon.
Has anyone ever seen this before It happens intermittently but frequently with filling vectors.

Thank you in advance for your time.
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:44:06 AM Total Views:  281
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Epson custom paper sizes saved to Epson driver

OS 10.4.11; Dual 2.0Ghz G5 PPC; Stylus Pro 10600 Not exactly for this forum, but I can't get an answer to this anywhere else: I'd like to transfer the custom paper sizes I entered into the Epson driver from one HD into another. I can't find the document that contains these custom paper sizes in any of my libraries. Does anyone know which doc this is or how I would do this TIA
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Photoshop CS3 .psd File Association Problem

Recently I uninstalled Photoshop 7.0 and installed CS3 on my Vista Home system. Suddenly my .PSD files are no long associated with photoshop, and what's more, I can't seem to add the association. When attempting to open a .PSD file Windows tells me that there is no program associated with the filetype and that I need to select one. Photoshop does not appear in the list of available programs as it should, so I click the browse button and select Photoshop.exe manually. Unfortunetely Vista utterly ignores this. Photoshop still does not appear in my list of programs to select from even though I just manually pointed it to the program. So I tried to use Vista's Default Program utility from the control panel. PSD is not in the list of extensions and there is no option in Vista (like there was in XP) to add an extension/association manually... you can only change the existing ones. Does anyone have any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Hello MAC user needs helps

- I recently purchased an IMac after being a PC user forever. I have Photoshop 8 and for some reason when I create stuff in there no one using a PC can view it I uploaded 2 of the images to my server and get the red Xs- then emailed it to a friend and she cant see. But then I get on my Mac and everything looks perfect. Is this because I have the images locally stored too Or is there some new setting. I love my Mac and dont wanna go back to Windows even if it involves using Boot Camp and getting it on here Can someone offer any advice
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help with an .eps file

I have a .eps file and wish to seperate it into layers. Is this possible, because everytime I open it, Photoshop rasterizes the image.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Editing Maps in Photoshop

Alright all, My manager has asked me to edit a Pdf Map to show the new Buildings in red, the new road in Green and the old roads in Grey and all additional land in Cream. I have tired and failed miserably. Has anyone any Help or Course Information they could provide me with [/img]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Multiple crops

Hi all How do you crop multiple images at the same time using CS2 Thankyou josel
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need help creating a vector file / eps. Please!

I've created a flyer for someone and they have asked for the file to be sent to them as an eps. I see that I can select this option in photshop, but Ive heard bad things about ps's capability to produce a good vector file. Is that true Also, I see a bunch of options to select prior to saving. Things like ASCII85, halftone screen, PostScript Color Mgmt... Can someone help me know what I should be doing I have a deadline of today, so any help would save me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Post Apocalypse

[img][/img]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Changing a.psd to a .jpg image

I have been trying to make an invitation card for a birthday. I used the measurements from an old one I had, W 8.213 inches - H 3.827 inches. When I create a .jpg from the .psd the dimensions change to W10.267 inches - H 4.783 inches. I have flattened the layers then saved the original .psd file, so could anyone please help me out with this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Rookie here...Need some quick tips

, A total rookie here. I just purchase PS, AI, etc... I have a small business and I am working on making brochures, catalogs, etc. for my products. One of our main products is a safety flag. That is, it has a steel base at one end of a fiberglass rod, long a fiberglass rod, and flag at the other end of the long fiberglass rod. It is very difficult to take pictures of a product that is this "long" and "skinny" and expect good resolution. Therefore, I instead took closeups on each end of the safety whip i.e. the steel mounting base, and the flag at the top of the rod. I used PS on these 2 images to remove the background and clean around the edges. So, now I have 2 images. One of the steel mounting base that is clean and one of the flag that is clean. I need help to "re-construct" a fiberglass rod which I can place the clean picture of the steel mounting base at one end and clean flag at the other. How do I "re-make" a fiberglass rod that is white and looks somewhat realistic That is, the rod should lay horizontal, but look like it has a "roundness" to it (not just a long white rectangle). I assume that I need to do this with shadowing to simulate that the rod is round and not just a white rectangle that I created\t To complicate it slightly more is that the base end of the fiberglass rod is slightly larger than the top end of the fiberglass rod. What I mean is that the rod is "tapered" from the base end to the top end. Is this a PS challenge Or, should I be using AI I know that this is probably very simple, but I am not sure how to do this. So, any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance! Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

What steps to take? Need help.

I am trying to make a icon like this one (listed below) but I do not know where to start start. If someone can tell me the step or give me a link to a tut for it that will help.(want to do the work myself)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Time lapse image (non-animated)

I'm a total noob in PS, so you might want to explain each step if possible... I would like to make a single time-lapse image like this one: The images contain moving characters and mostly stable background. I have the images in an .MOV, and I can import them into PS distributed in layers (400 layers/1680x1050 for the win). I tried some stuff with 5 frames, and I was able to make them all 20% transparent... Is there a way to reduce the impact of the background Because it stand out too much... Is there a way to make them all a certain amount transparent at once I've been selecting them individually, because the menu turns grey when I select them all. If this isn't possible I'll write a macro for it... I hope one of you is online now... Thank you in advance ;)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Steps that could be taken to do this?

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1904/conansmall.jpg So I would like take that image, remove all the Conan title and create background to fill in the white space it will leave, get rid of the bar code, and then add text behind and above his head as a mask so that i could use the texture of the background masked by text to create letters of a different hue with the same texture...so it would look like part of the painting... advice steps
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

PS Crashing with Wacom

I havn't posted in the forum yet because reading other posts has given me enough to learn , but now I can't find the post that contained information about PS crashing when using a Wacom. I have reset the preferences and also removed the 'pen tools', at least I think I have, but I'm still sometimes getting a crash when I use my new tablet :( , so it's just an expensive desk ornament at the moment. I'm running 98SE with 512Mb, of which 470Mb is set for PS(5.02) and a whole HD partition for the scratch disc - rightly or not I don't know. Previously I've had 50+ layers in a .psd so I don't think I'm pushing the limit of my PC. Any help or avenues for research would be greatly apreciated. Thank you for your time. , Hi ToXin what model is your tablet...ie Intuos,Graphire etc When you place your pen on your tablet does the little led indicator change from red to green Also under HELP there is also diagnostics.Check that all switches are open and that when you press your pen or mouse button that it updates in the list Pentools hangs out in the PS plugins folder,but you have to place it there yourself.Pentools has caused issues for people which is a pain because they are great plugins. Try raising the memory alloted for the Wacom control panel also If none of this has helped go to Wacom and use the support link and mail them your concerns.They usually mail back within 2 - 3 days are very friendly and helpful Good luck Stu.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Preset Cropping Tools

I'm befuddled, please help me to understand. I am cropping images to a specified size for a web site. Why would a cropping tool set to 662 pix x 407 pix include the entire width of a photo whose size is 4227 pixels or something like that How can I crop an image to a specified size and not include everything in the original image Thank you so much for your help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Brightness, Exposure, etc. in Photoshop

, Sorry if this has been asked before or if it is obvious. My searches did not come up with any matches. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the numerous ways in which one can brighten an image in Photoshop. While many sites describe the pros and cons of multiple sharpening techniques etc., I have not found anything that describes the pros and cons of multiple brightening techniques. Here are some that I've been puzzling over: 1. Use the "Exposure" setting in the Raw window to adjust brightness 2. Use the levels or curves to adjust brightness 3. Use the brightness to adjust brightness (well, okay, I do know how this is much inferior to (2)). 4. Use layers with the "Screen" blending mode to adjust brightness. What really confuses me is that the Raw window when it first comes up often uses non-zero values for the Exposure, Constrast, Brightness etc. In some cases it uses a negative Exposure but increases the brightness and contrast. I was under the impression that the brightness and contrast sliders should never be used (since they can cause clipping). If anyone can explain the relative strengths and weakesses of 1, 2, and 4 or point me to a url I would really appreciate it. Amer
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!