Photoshop CS4 crashing on school network

please help me

i am at my wits end with CS4. I am a photography teacher at a secondary school in England. Over the summer holidays the school network has been updated to RMCC 4 and I was asssured this would make photoshop run much smoother. Unfortunately we now have an intermittent fault where Photoshop decides to crash when students are working causing them to lose all their work. I spend most lessons running around trying to solve ICT issues rather than teach them.

The problem occurs largely when they are using laptops but also whenever they go to print. A message pops up in windows 7 that says photoshop has found a problem with two options to search the internet and shut the program or to just shut the program. Either option obviously results in the program shutting down and all work being lost.

The machine specs meet all the requirements I am now expert and the schools ICT technician is out of his depth in regards to this problem.

Please help

Ben
Posted On: Friday 28th of December 2012 10:34:24 PM Total Views:  349
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

This is why i started using photoshop

Well, you may find it weird but this really is the reason i started learning photoshop a picture is the reason, it's very cool when i first saw this picture i wanted to have more of it, but i couldn't find much so i thought the only way of getting much of it is to do it myself so my priblem is that i'm only depending on videos from youtube to learn how to use photoshop is that enough to learn how to make a picture like this one
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

can I install photoshop CS2 nd CS3 on the same pc

hi I run windows, and I wan't to have photoshop cs2 and cs3 installed on the same pc and same session, 'cause cs2 opens images a lot faster than cs3 and cs3 has some really good features also. can anyone help please bye it's my first post by the way
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

how to edit a multi page pdf in photoshop

i want to edit a pdf which has many pages in it i want to erase a part of the pdf in all the pages if i open them i cannot open them all at once i need to open them manually one by one is ther any way out to open them all at once or edit one page and move to next and on and on any help would be appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Photoshop CS3 crashing...HELP

Photoshop CS3 shuts down every time I choose "Save for Web & Devices". This has been happening since I applied a registry fix when the "Edit In Photoshop" command was missing in Adobe Lightroom (see link below). http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.doexternalId=kb401629&sliceId=1 Is there any way to fix this WITHOUT having to reinstall CS3
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Create a folder using photoshop

I am new to photoshop (But I DO know computers so I'm not a complete beginner). I was looking to get folders designed and printed by a graphic designer. He was way too expensive so I am going to design the folders myself. I am going to use www.folderprinting.co.uk. They provide a pdf template and say to use it to design the folder. Can this be opened in photoshop and designed on directly Is there a 'folder' template in photoshop (I want one with a pocket on the inside right cover) I also want inside and outside covers designed.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Hi,Everyone! I am new to the whole photoshop thing.....

Does anyone know about vector images I downloaded a few free ones from freevectors.net and now i have no idea where to put the eps. or the svg. formats can someone help me im going nuts!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

INstalling photoshop on my laptop

I have a business requiring photoshop. I have it installed on my big mac at home, but just bought a MacBook Pro to be able to take it on the road. How do I install the photoshop from my big computer onto this one I don't have to buy a new one do I\t\t I could do the firewire thing, I guess.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Hi very new to photoshop

Hi , I only got photoshop this morning as a present, anyway i'm still getting use to things, I have a banner that a friend sent me, but it has text on it e.g. www.example.com , I was just wondering what tool can you use ot remove text from a image. Is this possible.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Is this done with photoshop? if yes, then how so...?

picture that my friend refuses to tell me how it was done, its of himself....can someone enlighten me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

photoshop,brochures and afiche

hi how can i design brochureswhat is standardswhere can i find tutorials for this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

could not initialize photoshop because there is not enough..

could not initialize photoshop because there is not enough memory (RAM) I have just started getting this error when I open Photoshop 7.0.1... Funny thing - this machine has 2GB of RAM, and both drives have over 100Gb of free drive space... I was litterally using PS, then shut it down, then opened it again - and got this error.... I have reinstalled PS a couple of times, and it makes no difference.. I cannot find a solution for this at all! I have cleaned out temp folders... everything. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Path Importing in from Illustrator to photoshop CS

Is it possible to import a path from illustrator CS to Photoshop CS and maintain its editability, and if so, how.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Why so many way to change the color of a photo in photoshop?

I got a good book telling how to use photoshop. Anyways I've noticed they use soooooooooooo many way to change the overall color in a photo. Like Image -> Adjust Levels -> Choosing a channel. Image -> Adjust -> Color Balance. Image -> Adjust -> Hue/Saturation. Image -> Adjust -> Selective Color. Image -> Adjust -> Channel Mixer. I've alos noticed when you make a new layer, you can choose a color. Is this just a marker for you Cause it doens't seem to affect the photo. Image Why does photosohp have so many way to change the hue Are certain ones better than others Thanx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

to alter a reflection in photoshop

I found a tutorial that i am a little lost on. it says to alter the reflection of the image, i am suppose to use the selection tool to cut and paste another area onto the orginal reflection and use a hard round brush to create a new one. I am trying to make an eyeball reflect and shine. if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

photoshop cs, layer grouping

, been using photoshop 7, for about 18 months, just upgraded to cs, was doing some work with the program, when i went to use the layer/group with previous option, in the layer drop down menu, but it doesnt seem to be there in cs, can anybody help me, or is there another way around this cheers all
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Does photoshop 7.0 have an undo tool?

Does photoshop 7.0 have an undo tool for the toolbar. I hate using Edit/Undo, or using a keystroke shortcut, I'm used to programs having that little arrow on the toolbar that lets me go back repeatedly. Surely others complain about this as well. Sorry, , I'm a newbie, but learning fast.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Quick photoshop request

, I really suck at Photoshop, and I was wondering if you would be nice enough to do it for me. Can you please change the colour of this car to black
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Is it possible to export a single and specific pattern in photoshop??

Is it possible to export a single and specific pattern in photoshop\t The question may sound simple .But i don think there is an option.If it so please explain how to do it . regards zoe
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

photoshop curve?

hello , I am a total noob here. I'm going to apologize first if this post offends anyone. I have been following a fashion blog and noticed that a lot of the photos have this look that is almost film-like (again, sorry to film shooters if this offends you). I can't quite put my finger on it, but I have a feeling it's curve adjustment. There is a soft/smooth light effect. I'm trying really hard to achieve this look but to no avail. If anyone has any idea, please inch me towards the right direction. I also have trouble figuring out the effects used in these set of pictures, they look quite a bit vintage no
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need proper advise and guidence about photoshop.

Guys am currently use Adobe fireworks cs5 and very good with it. but according to the local designing job requirement Photoshop is necessary. So i decided to learn photoshop. i obtain a copy of photoshop cs4 middle east. and have no idea how to use it. Now am here to ask you please suggest me the topics i need to learn about web designing and template designing. am ready to spend 14 hours on learning photoshop. and have less time probably 1 weak or less to apply new job. so what i need to learn first. tell me basic and intermediate topics. i google it for learning. please help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Creating a font in photoshop

, I was wondering if it is possible to create a font in photoshop. I would like to take an existing font and apply effects to it (gradient, dropshadow etc) and export it as some type of font. Either .fnt (bitmap) or ttf would be preferable. If this is not possible in PS does anyone know of a good program to use
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Photosfop cs4

hi there. Is there any way to change photoshop CS4 workspace layout to CS3 Now it's really confusing.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Adding fonts in photoshop CS

How can i add fonts in Photoshop CS, something like from this site High Fonts .com - Download Free Fonts - Buy Commercial Fonts
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

photoshop cs4 to cs4 extended upgrade.

ive got photoshop cs4 and what i would like to know if i can install photoshop cs4 extended upgrade rather than pay for the full edition of cs4 extended which is a lot of of money. the cs4 extended upgrade is half the price but will it be compatible with my photoshop cs4. regards phil
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

get abs using photoshop...plzzzzzz urgent

I wanna create abs using photoshop.......can sum1 provide a detailed tutorial on how to create abs using photoshop \t\t\t\t thanxxxx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

can some one do me a photoshop favour? plz

here is my mk1 golf can someone photoshop it and put a tyre on it and change the background so its on the ground or road or something so i can see how it will look please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Logo -> Eye Critique

Okay, hey (and girls), I was wondering what you thought about this idea. The idea is this: The idea of having "See the difference" in a fax of comparisons in prices of SuperImaging's products to other leading companies, sent to customers. The idea to have the logo created into an eye came to be this way. Being so, I'd really like it if you could give me some feedback on the design idea because I already know my own opinion. Critique and commentary is always, of course, welcome. (If you would like to see the whole fax page then just please say so.)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!