PC freezing when trying to use "Filters" "Liquefy" "Bloat tool"

, please help!!! I'm trying to use Filters, Liquefy bloat tool for changing a photo. As soon as I try to use it, the PC freezes completely. I have tried Alt Cont. Sup. to close the software and it is the only possible way to make my PC return to normal but, naturally my work is lost. I have tried everything, shutting it down and turn on again, close all other software working such as Gmail etc. The problem persists. I have Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, 4G ram. other Photoshop features and all other programs are working fine.
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:43:53 AM Total Views:  268
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

can I install photoshop CS2 nd CS3 on the same pc

hi I run windows, and I wan't to have photoshop cs2 and cs3 installed on the same pc and same session, 'cause cs2 opens images a lot faster than cs3 and cs3 has some really good features also. can anyone help please bye it's my first post by the way
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

What is the name of the font used here

I'm having trouble identifying the font name used in the following images: http://www.eller.arizona.edu/images/nav/academic.gif "50% Better Performance than Dell" http://www.sun.com/images/l0/l0_x64tradeup.jpg Responses appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

which version do you guys use?

i use 7, its much faster then 8 and its just the same
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

could not initialize photoshop because there is not enough..

could not initialize photoshop because there is not enough memory (RAM) I have just started getting this error when I open Photoshop 7.0.1... Funny thing - this machine has 2GB of RAM, and both drives have over 100Gb of free drive space... I was litterally using PS, then shut it down, then opened it again - and got this error.... I have reinstalled PS a couple of times, and it makes no difference.. I cannot find a solution for this at all! I have cleaned out temp folders... everything. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Could not create a new document because of program error.

Whenever I try to create a new document from which to work, I get the topic header error: "Could not create a new document because of program error." Has anyone else ever encountered this problem If so, what did you do to fix I have re'installed, trashed preferences, ran disk doctor, etc...nothing has helped. Of course, I may have missed some preferences that need to be trashed, but I checked all libraries. I am using P'shop 7.0, in Mac OSX Panther, and only encountered this problem upon installing a scanner driver (which I have removed/trashed). This is extremely weird, and frustrating.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help trying to remove background - a repetitve task for a single image

Below is a picture of a rally car part for protecting an area of its suspension. The picture was taken with the part sitting on a cardboard box, and I am trying to remove the cardboard from all the inner elements. (please no comments about the part being on a cardboard box, this has already been mentioned to the photographer....) The remove background tools are not working well for me, so I was creating paths, making a selection and then clearing the background. There are many identical areas within the image where the background is to be removed, but I have no idea how to go about this repetitive task. As you can see in the image attached I have cut the image out, and also cut out one of the sections. Now I am stuck... Should I be making a clipping mask and copying my selections somehow
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

trying to make buttons

Hi. I am trying to make buttons on PS. I am very new to this. I am taking a class in DW and didn't know that PS was going to be used so I didn't learn it (so now I am trying to learn 2 software programs at same time). This is my dilemma: I am trying to make buttons for a site redesign project for class. I figured out how to make the layer, put the name (eg. Home, About Us, etc) and do drop shadows, bevel etc. The problem is when I do that it only makes these changes over the text. I cannot figure out how to make a box around the text, and make that box a button. It is frustrating. I have tried so many different things. I would appreciate any and all help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

house interior photos - how can i see outside windows??

Please Delete
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Error message "required resources not found" Argh!

, I'm at my wits end with a sudden Photoshop CS2 error I'm getting on my Mac running OS X Tiger. An error message pops up when I try to do virtually anything in Photoshop, particularly when I mouse over an value-entry field in a pallette, for example the Character pallette which has fields for font size, width, ledding, etc. Could not complete your request because the required resources were not found. Here's the error message I always get: "Could not complete your request because the required resources were not found." Usually when I have an error, I can find someone else on the net who has experienced it, and use their fix. But I have yet to find anyone with this error in any forum. Anyone have a guess as to what I could do to fix it Adobe's site is a mess, so I'm not posting there. But I've already tried trashing prefs, re-installing Photoshop, running Disk Utility, etc. None of the usual tricks are working with this one.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Feather Frustration!

Okay, why do I crash every single time I try to use feather I am running Mac OS 9.1, PS 5.5, tried re-installing to no avail. Tried 5.0, crash crash. I am guessing there's some conflict, yeah right, but before I start combing slowly through the extensions and plug-ins and preferences all day, I thought perhaps someone has heard of this aaargh!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

HELP!!! GIFs & Transparency in PS 9

For the love of sweet Jesus and all that is holy in heaven and under the blue sky above! I have been searching what is commonly referred to as the "inter net" for about three CONSECUTIVE days now -- I mean I haven't slept or eaten. WHY in the world would I do such a thing Well... to put it simply: BECAUSE NO WHERE ON THIS GOD FORSAKEN WEB are there any tutorials for creating TRANSPARENCY for GIFs in PHOTOSHOP CS:2. After hours of searching I've all but given up hope. I keep trying every godforsaken thing I can and re-reading all the tutorials written for photoshop 5 and 6, and even the help files and online tutorials that adobe provides. NONE OF THE ABOVE have provided me with any REAL step by step information on how to successfully produce results. For the love of sweet jesus will someone help me!! I'm at my wits end right now, and the insanity of this post should attest to that. Well, considering this post probably won't get any answers, I'm going to bed. Or to jump off a cliff. Whichever I manage to find first.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

lasso tool

im reading this tutorial http://www.bluesfear.com/tutorials/interface.htm and it says.. "Now cut some corners.", but... how would i go about doing this with the lasso tool when i try to cut a corner eather everything gets cut or i receive an error stating "Warning no pixels selected" created a new image.. with a new layer.. then added the square ... selected the lasso tool.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Help Saving In .jpg Format

I'm working with the local police dept. making a pamphelt for our Identifying Child Exploitation program, and need some help. I saved my work as .psd, now i want to save as .jpg. When I click "SAVE AS", in the file type drop down menu there are only the following choices: URL I'd appreciate someone showing me why Photoshop will not allow me as a .jpg format.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

disk space

this is about an article that i've read. I'm using photoshop7 and as usual base on the article that i've read, it says there that ps7 or any other version of photoshop uses a ram memory space and whenever it cannot find enough ram memory it'll use your hard disk. what will be the common problem who hasn't have enough ram memory or who has only a small ram memory left, will that make photoshop work slowly what if photoshop had already use your hard disk as a scratch, will i have a lesser space even i turned off photoshop
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

How change the default?

In Mac 10.4.12 CS4 is default. http://img21.imageshack.us/my.phpimage=picture1hkf.jpg I want CS3 to be default, but when I change the dropdown it reverts to CS4. I don't want to uninstall CS4 because I want to keep Bridge. Anyone have any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Suggestions please?

I have just a simple picture of my man and I was wondering what are good tutorials and tips to fix it up all heart-y and love-y for a myspace background Please help because I want him to know how much I love him right now but he and I have limited contact thanks to his parents so I can't express it and I want him to have something to see and leave him speechless when he sees it. I'll either use this one: http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/o...05_51812-1.jpg or this one: http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/o.../105_51112.jpg or this one: http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/o.../105_51312.jpg [those are the small versions]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Question on editing.

I have been on here for a while but I am a bit stuck on this. Attached is an image of something I have to edit on a regular basis with different pieces. But it takes me hours to manually clear out the background on it. Using the polygon laso tool. There has GOT to be an easier way to do this. I tried doing the layer mask thing but its not coming out to well. When I get to the Alpha layer part the whole image is black. I even tried skiping the Alpha layer part and just going with the color range selection but that makes me loose some color from the image. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I put the image on the following link to preserve quality. LINK
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Action

I am newish to photoshop so be gentle with me, i cannot seem to work out how to stop a action when a option needs changing, let me explain I record an action, i say want an image to resize, the box comes up and i enter the size to put in, i do loads more then stop the action from recording. Now when i play the action it always resizes to the settings i put in before. How can i actually get it to stop when the action is replayed and wait till i put a size in and then when i press ok it carries on with the rest of the action. I know this can be done but i just cannot figure out how. I have had actions i have downloaded that stop at these box's wait for an imput from me then carries on. any help appreciated, all tut's online just seem to do the basic action record.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Remove background from an image

Hi I work in the digital retouching industry and would like some help from other experts. I Sometimes get an image of a women with very wavy hair on a difficult background and have trouble removing her and putting her on another background. I have tried and tested fluid mask and ultimate knockout which are good if the background is very simple but very poor if its alot of dark colors that are like the hair. What techniques or programs do you get the best results from.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

See Photoshop CS2 new features

For more information on Photoshop CS2 including quicktime movies showing the new features, check out this page, courtesy of NAPP: http://www.photoshopuser.com/photoshopcs2.html Check back often, we're adding more movies as we speak (type)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Program error?

all of a sudden i started up my photoshop and it said.... Program error could not run adobe photoshop. and now i try to run it and it jus shuts off... wut happenend need help please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Make background color in circle VS plain BG

, I could use some help here. Been using photoshop for few years, but I dont know how to create this image attached and what it is called. Help me plz..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

How to achieve the following effect ?

Hi Experts, I am pretty new to the photoshop and I would like to achieve the following effect for my picture.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!

Images in CS5 ext (64 bit) corrupt to show as huge blocks of colour

Sometimes as i work on an image in it suddenly changes tohuge solid blocks of one or two colours and once this has happened, any image Iopen from bridge opens with the same problem. If I grab the title bar with themouse and drag the image a little the image reappears but as soon as I let gothe mouse the blocks come back. I can fix this by closing down CS5 andreopening but this is becoming a nuisance. It happens with psds and jpegs. Ihave run this software for 2 years with no problem until recently. I have thelatest updates of CS5 and graphics card (AMD Radeon HD6450). I have also trieddeleting the preferences file in case it was corrupted but this made nodifference. Help....please.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

How to clean up a jagged drawing

I have a drawing that I want to edit in photo shop. I need to clean up the edges, make them sharp, crisp and more detailed. I'm using an older version; Adobe Photoshop CS2. You can see the attached. I'm curiuos what techniques can be used.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Save my Soul PLEASE!

I am working on a picture using Photoshop CS6. It is a round picture and I am trying to to get the text to wrap around the top and then around the bottom. I have the text I want on the top, but I am having a heck of a time trying to get it on the bottom. I am quite new to PS, but I can usually find a tutorial and figure it out without a problem. That is how I did this whole project. There is just one thing I am stumped on. Every tutorial I have found only shows me how to do the text all the way around the circle, and that is not what I want. I want part on top and part on the bottom, but to still go with the flow of the circle. I really hope I am not confusing anybody. I have attached a picture to give you a better idea what I am talking about. See how I have the word "Oceanview" at the top, well now I want to add another word around the bottom. Any step by step help and I would be forever great full. Thank you so much in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Troublesome Photoshop CS6 keyboard lockup issue on OS X

, . I've had a recurring and very annoying problem on CS6 on OS X. I'm on OS X 10.8.2. When I work with Photoshop for 10 minutes or more, it seems that something triggers a keyboard lockup, after which Photoshop, and all other apps, stop recognizing input from my keyboard. I can still get around with the mouse, and the computer is by no means frozen. I am left with no recourse other than to re-start my computer, and this may not be as huge an annoyance if I had an SSD, but it's rather time-consuming on a traditional hard drive. I've Googled the issue for hours, and others have mentioned the same issue, and they're experiencing it on Photoshop versions other than CS6, and on a plethora of versions of OS X. I've uninstalled, then re-installed Photoshop from scratch, and that seems to alleviate the issue for a day or two, but then it happens again. This only happens to be after spending a few minutes using Photoshop, so I know for a fact that no other app is causing it. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!