New to this need some help.

, Im new to the site and need alittle help. I have been working with Photoshop for about 5 years but never created a large image. I have need to create my first large file which is an 8ft x 8ft banner, how do I go about setting up the file Any ideas or help would be great.
Posted On: Sunday 30th of December 2012 11:21:24 PM Total Views:  54
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

A new Filter problem

, Im using photoshop cs4 and I wanted to create a stamp effect on some text. I typed the text and rasterized it then went to apply the spatter filter. It shows up and Im able to click on it but it doesn't do any thing. Most of the filters work but some do not. So I reinstalled it and Im getting the same problem. the filters work on the background layer but not on any shapes or text on top of the background layer. Please any help would be greatly appreciated I have been struggling now for hours trying to get this. Thank you. Forgot to mention my setting are already on RGB and 8bit.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Hi,Everyone! I am new to the whole photoshop thing.....

Does anyone know about vector images I downloaded a few free ones from freevectors.net and now i have no idea where to put the eps. or the svg. formats can someone help me im going nuts!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Im new here but not to Photoshop

Hi I am looking forward to reading the topics and answers in here. I just seem to NEED to learn more and more. What I am looking for now is a person who REALLY knows how to build or can tell me what componants I need for a perfect PC for photoshop and graphics. My days are filled with photography, Photoshop and my regular job of training horses and giving riding lessons to all ages of people. Can anyone help with my quest D
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Can anyone help a newbie??

Here is what I need to accomplish. I have little training... I have one picture, as my background layer. I want to take a second image which has a clipping mask, and bring it into the other photo, on the top layer. Then I wish to put an outer glow in white around the masked area.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Hi very new to photoshop

Hi , I only got photoshop this morning as a present, anyway i'm still getting use to things, I have a banner that a friend sent me, but it has text on it e.g. www.example.com , I was just wondering what tool can you use ot remove text from a image. Is this possible.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

can't open raw file / new to FSCS

I'm very new to PhotoshopCS, have just started taking raw files on a Canon 20D. My error message is " could not complete your request because it is not right kind of document" I can't seem to find the info in the manual to correct this, plug in seems to be installed. Any direction would be a help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

how do I create an old newspaper affect

title says it all,just looking for this affect and didn't see anything.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need help creating a new pattern???

i'm not sure where to post this, so if anyone could help, that would be great. in photoshop 7, how do you make a new pattern. i want to have a gradient of 12px by 50 px and i want to make that into a pattern so that i can have it for later use. what do i do to make a new pattern. any help would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Could not create a new document because of program error.

Whenever I try to create a new document from which to work, I get the topic header error: "Could not create a new document because of program error." Has anyone else ever encountered this problem If so, what did you do to fix I have re'installed, trashed preferences, ran disk doctor, etc...nothing has helped. Of course, I may have missed some preferences that need to be trashed, but I checked all libraries. I am using P'shop 7.0, in Mac OSX Panther, and only encountered this problem upon installing a scanner driver (which I have removed/trashed). This is extremely weird, and frustrating.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

real newbie

Hi I have just bought a web site template and want to change a couple of colours on the template and also replace one of the template images with my own. I have no idea where to start and was wondering if someone would be prepared to spend 10-15 minutes with me over instant messenger\t\t aol: nburrett msn: nick@burrett.net yahoo: nicholasburrett icq: 2719588
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

new in forum need help

I am searching to design a watch in photoshop i have few knoledge of photoshop and i need help how to start.i found something in coreldraw but i am looking something in photoshop.can anyone help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

made new background pic

hows it look
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

2 new sigs

1. 2.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

new portfolio webpage

http://trempel.rbsstech.com/ one simple question. if you increase the text size in your brawser at will eventually cause my tables to go wonky. I'm hoping the text size is big enough that people won't have to increase it enough to notice this problem. Secondarily, the horizontal gaps between tables are quite large in IE (compared to firefox) and I don't know why. In this thread http://photoshopforums.com/viewtopic.phpt=5026 oybro gave me some advice regarding my old design. I've already takent hat into concideration o this new site.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

please review my new sig

eh here is my newest sig let me know what you think,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

im new

yeah im new. i took one year of graphic design in high school. i had the worst teacher ever, but I have some friends that got a good teacher that tought me some things. I just started using other brushes. So heres some things I made. this other one was done before I started using other brushes, but I still like it. Theres 2 different glow versions. the top one is my latest and favorite one. i hope you like them. also, yes, while typing this i got too lazy to use good grammar. >_
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Creating a new shape from two.

, I've got a problem that's driving me crazy and I hope someone will be able to help me. ...imgur.com/RzEsb (can't post images nor links as it is my first post, hope it's not against rules to go around that way :b) I'm trying to create a new shape that would be made from those two overlapping layers: text and circle, that would in the end create a shape which is shown in this image as the light blue. So basically what I'm trying to do is cut out the part of the circle that is not overlapping with text. I know I could do it with pen tool, but I'm sure there must be an easier and faster way, help anyone, please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Hi, I'm new here and need advise.

I'm new and I'm looking into editing photos. Can anyone suggest a software that allows me to edit existing pictures allowing me to add or delete people,buildings and things
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

HELP! im new and stuck

i just got photoshop Elements6 (dh brought it home to me) and the picture im working with has the sunshining in my kids face, how do i either remove the sun glare or can i not do that\t this is more complicated than i thought! any help is soo much apreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

When Photoshop is not responding while saving

What do you do; A: Bang monitor with keyboard B: Shoot self in head C: Jump off roof D: Other (please mention)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Menu won't pop out on Styles Palette

Using Photoshop 7. Windows When I click the triangle near the right side top of styles palette, the pop-out menu does not pop out. This feature works on the other palettes. Is there something I have set that prevents it from working Is there another way to get to the menu to load some new styles It doesn't matter whether I have selected a picture that has layers.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Text

please can anyone help me - i have used text on photoshop before and it worked fine. now, when i click the "T" onthe toolbox, i get a flashing cursor but when i type, nothing happens. if i type the word hello, i cant see anything on the page but when i click new layer, hello appears in the layers pallette as the title of that layer. also, when i put the cursor over the flashing cursor, the cursor i get a symbol that looks like a capital "I". please does anybody know why this is happening, its been a month now and i cant get around this proble.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Photoshop 7 Image scale problems

When I try to change a image size every thing gets ot of scale either to fat of slim I have tried all ways
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Photoshop Effects? - dots?

, I'm new here and was hoping someone could help me out by telling me, can the following be acheived in Photoshop, maybe there is a plugin out there to do this... You know in some designs, maybe the Sun Viser sticker on a car window screen would be the easiest way to describe this, its basically a pattern of dots were they start off big and joined and eventually fade to small spaced out dots... does anyone know how to do this... I'm hoping there is a gradient plug in effect out there\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

How to slice this design I made for my football club

Hi folks, I made a website layout in PS for my local football club, but I'm having a hard time slicing it. I've already read different tuts on this subject including the major tut on slicingguide.com. It didn't help me enough tough. I'm still having trouble developing a good slicing strategy. Especially the main content boxes are giving me a Could somebody please give me some advise on how to slice this design. I've included the design in a jpg file, that also contains a slicing plan. Please have a look at it and tell me how I can slice the right / main / left content columns best. I want to import this design into Dreamweaver 8 and use tables for positioning. The header part with the shield in it will later be imported into Flash for some special button and animation effects. If required I can provide you with the orginal psd file. Please help me! Thanx in advance. Gr. DSensation (David) Ps. I am a real noobie at slicing psd designs and I'm Dutch which explains why the main menu is in that language and there could be some mistakes in my English...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Still Trying to Colour an Image - Help!!!!!

I'm still trying to find out the steps to color my image. It's really something basic for you all, but I can't figure out what I'm not doing. What I do is select part of the image using the magic wand, then I'm lost as to how to color my selection (#006666). The image is located at http://www.ncsconline.org/D_KIS/Images/Image_Trends.bmp. If someone can give me a clue today that would be great. Next week, I'll be in PS training for 3 days, yea!!!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

[Photoshop Troubleshooting] Section Rules - READ THIS FIRST

Photoshop Troubleshooting Forum Posting Guidelines for This Section This section is for questions about specific issues in Photoshop that are not working as intended. If you need help with a specific tool or behavior in Photoshop, this is the place to ask. It can often be helpful to include a screenshot of the problem if it is something visual. If you need help posting an image, click here. If you are posting a question or asking for help, please be as specific as possible. There are a lot of knowledgeable members who can offer you help, please try to make it easy for them. Please also read this post before posting a question or asking for help. This is not the place to post questions about how to use this web site or for comments about Photoshop forum features, please post them in the Forum Help section. The above guidelines apply to this section of the forum only, general Site Rules can be found here.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

How to make picture black/red?

I wondered if anyone has an idea (or tutorial) how to make pictures dark-themes like this one I tried to contact the guy who makes these but he hasn't respondent yet and I've been playing with PS for a while now and just cant figure it out.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!