My brushes turned slow...sorta blotchy HELP!

!
I was using some big custom brushes, as a stamping style, and then when i loaded back the pre-set brushes,, it wont draw lines smoothly, unless i move the mouse really slow (it used to be able to draw em fast) It's not a ram issue, i tried re-installing and then after uisng some other custom brushes it did the same thing. To me it looks like it may be in a "stamp mode" or something. The pencil does the samer thing too now.
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 12:21:40 AM Total Views:  102
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

different brushes on different layers?

, just wondering, is it possible to assign different brushes and colours onto different layers so you dont have to keep swapping back and forth Cheers!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

I downloaded new brushes but I cant find them

Hi I downloaded a few new brushes but I can't see them. I downloaded the ABR file onto my desktop and then I clicked and dragged the ABR file into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (64 Bit)\Presets\Brushes folder. But when I open up the brush tool and click on "Toggle the brush panel" button and under the Brush tab.....I don't see my new brushes. The new brushes are silhouettes of people.... which I imagine would be fairly easy to spot in the brushes tab... any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Can custom graphics tablet brushes be made for Photoshop?

I would like to make a tree branch brush. I know how to capture a new brush from a selection. I do not know how to make the new brush respond to the tilt and pressure from my wacom tablet pen. It almost seems that there is a certain limited set of pre-defined tablet brushes. I hope that is not true. Is there a way to make a custom brush that is also responsive to the pen position
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Photoshop brushes

I loaded lots of brushes and messed up my settings for my airbrush. Can someoone give me an idea of where the settings should start.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

adding brushes

how do i add certain brush packs that I download into that drop down menu the arrow is pointing to i used to know how but i forgot. Also, does anyone know where photoshop stores the abr files I'm on a mac if that helps.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Jagged edges on brushes

Everything was fine a week ago and now when i went on photoshop, all the edges on brushes are jagged for some reason. Anyone know how to fix this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Need help with brushes and getting an effect

First post but hopefully you can help me out. I'm trying to find a brush pack as similar to the brushes used here as possible: URL I'm also trying to create a similar effect to the one on the cover. So far I know of 3 plug-ins that help bring out detail and fix lighting and stuff (Topaz Adjust, ReDynaMix, Portrature). I need something that will dull down the noise by a lot and create a grainyness, similar to this guy's: URL I know he uses some sort of plug-in that is available commercially and I'm hoping for that exact one or something similar.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Help with brushes

I just got Photoshop 7 and I'm having some trouble getting the brushes to appear. When I click on 'brushes' on the tool bar, the options appear [brush presets, brush tip shape] along with the different brush choices. The problem is I can't click on any of the options. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong...if anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

photoshop help with brushes

I reinstalled my photoshop cs and I dont know why I cant find some of my brushes...are they hidden because I rememebred from the very beginning I found these by clicking a button but now I can't. here a picture of what I am looking for in my photoshop cs. http://img208.exs.cx/img208/1074/untitled37rv.jpg i clik windows then brushes inp hotoshop and I cant seem to find it. Does anybody know where it went or how I unlock something to open it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

keyboard shortcuts and brushes don't work in PS CS

I'm having trouble with 2 problems in Photoshop CS. My first problem is that my keyboard shortcuts don't work, at all. They are turned on, but still do not work. Ive even tried setting my own, and those wont work either. Can anyone tell me how to fix that Secondly, my brushes don't work. I have to set the brush to be over 100 just to see like a 5 pt line show up on the canvas. Ive tried everything!!! Can anyone please help me!! , Shortcut keys do not work in illegal versions of CS.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

brushes help

is there a place where i can download different brushes and after that how do i save and use them...im a newbie and need the help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

How to install image brushes?

The brushes I downloaded are not compatiable to my current photoshop version so I'm trying install image brushes instead. Below is the tutorial I've tried and it worked. But somehow the brushes turned out to be fuzzy and unclear. Is there any other methods Please help and thanks! Converting imgpacks to brushes - tutorial Here's a tutorial on how to make creating brushes from image packs in Photoshop easier and faster. Open the images you want to convert to brushes in Photoshop. Empty your brushes palette - delete all the brushes you have there (right-click on each thumbnail and select "delete brush"). In the long run, it's nice to have a set of only 1 brush (named, say, _empty - with the underscore so that it'll be the first set on your list, thus esily accessible. Make it two underscores to be sure ) - that way, each time you want to make brushes, you can load it and there'll be only this one brush you'll have to delete =) Now that you have all your images opened, go to your Actions palette. If it's not here go to Window > Actions, or hit Alt+F9. You will see this: Hit this button at the bottom: You will get this prompt; type "define brush preset" (or whatever you want, really) instead of "Action 1". Once you hit Record, Photoshop will begin to record you action. Now, go to Edit > Define brush preset, hit OK, close the image you just defined as a brush. Stop recording your action by hitting this button: Click on the little arrow next to your action's name, it should like so: You're done! Now, Photoshop 7 sadly has no keyboard shortcut defined for playing a selected action, but it's still way easier and faster. Just click on the play button repeatedly, until you're left with no images open, and all brushes defined. Now you can save them You CAN do that in PS 7; define your shortcut here, under Function key: ...and hit this key merrily until you're done! (thanks luridmuse, I'm apparently blind ) Hope this was helpful/useful
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Why Photoshop Crashes whenever i use my brushes

I just wanted to know we've got 5 computers at home and the four of them works pretty well with the brushes... but then the other one seems to hang up everytime i use one of them (ex. eraser,healing brush). they all have the same specs... i don't know what's wrong please help!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 13th October 2012
View Replies!

Is it possible to sort brushes in the brushes palette?

I am interested in grouping and sorting brushes according to size, shape, whatever. Right now when I add a brush library, they just stack on top of one another. For example let's say I have a round brush with a 10 diameter, then next to it a round brush with a 20 diameter. If I make a 15, it goes to the bottom of the list, and I have to scroll all around. How can I group them I suspect I would have to make my own brush library with my brushes how I want them, then save that and load it Is there an easier way
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Lot of brushes..how to keep track of them?

ive been downloading a lot of bushes through these years. Im wondering if there is a software to organize them,preview them and all that stuff.its so tedious to load them in Ps over over and over.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Some sketching brushes

Here's a link to some brushes I commonly use for sketching or roughing in ideas: http://lightningsymphony.com/downloads/brushes/ The .abr file is for CS and up. The PSD was done in CS, but should open backwards, and shows the actual settings used as layers. Note that the PSD, while it can be opened, uses layer sets, and the settings you see may not be available in versions before CS. Also, these brushes are meant to be used with a tablet, so I have no idea how they'll work without one. Enjoy!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Where can i find some brushes?

Where can i find some just plain out awesome brushes Maybe like some blood brushes or something like that Also i am kinda dumb and this was my frist time ever downloading fonts. How do i get them into photoshop and my other word processing programs
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problems with brushes... and clone stamp

! I wish to know if someone can help me. I'm working on photoshop 7, and I scanned a pic in grayscale. I try to clean up some scratches with the clone stamp, but it doesn't work. Then I try to use some brushes to draw or try the eraser with many diferent sizes and it doesn't work either. I tried later with photoshop cs, but the same happens... Any suggestions\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

For theGuest & others : rotating brushes

Look what says your great friend Chris Cox in his post #47 Looks like you've got what you asked for in your post dated 01-21-2002 at 05:38
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to fade brushes/lines question?

I was wondering if some could tell me how fade lines at the tips using just the brush settings, I was able to do it before and now I cant figure how to do it again. I am using CS3. Thank you for your help. This is an example of what I'm talking about. (The line in the sky) I just need to know how to fade the line not add any of the color.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!