How to change the color of the background used for buttons on the web.

I am in the dark ages with photoshop 7 but it should do basic stuff like this..
I am trying to change the color of the background used for the buttons, however it is set on a partial invisible background.. it is fully rectangular but shaped so that the visible part is not exactly rectangular. when I tried to change the color, the entire bar including the invisible part chaged color. Can someone help me with this to get on the right path.. I have included the psd and the actual image.. I want to go from black to dark blue #000086

any help in changing the color or giving me tips on how to do it with the psd would be greatly appreciated.
Posted On: Monday 29th of October 2012 06:20:26 AM Total Views:  284
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

How to change colour of the path/shape lines?

Is there a way to change the colour of the path/shape lines the grey is confusing, i want a bright colour!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

How do you change the undo key for magnetic tool

hello ... when i hit the del key the magnetic tool wont undo. can anyone help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

How to change size of image?

Hi- I'm a complete newbie at PS as of today, so forgive me if this a completlely dumb question. I did a search, but couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. I'm trying to adjust the size of a specific image after the initial placement. I have tried "image size" and adjusted either by pixel size or percentage- but each time I do this it just adjusts the size of my entire canvas- not the individual photo I'm trying to adjust. I've tried everything and just can't figure it out. Please let me know how to do this! I'm getting a book soon- but in the meantime I'm trying to figure it out myself or via google. I have PS CS2, version 9.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 13th October 2012
View Replies!

Line drawing - change background to a color

I have a black and white line drawing (jpeg or bmp) that I need to modify. A section of it needs to have the white background changed to a color background. Can anyone tell me how to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

When I try to change the color of something, it goes to gray!?

evryone, My photoshop is soooo messed up, when I try to change a color on anything, it goes to gray! Can someone please help me Thanx Chris
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Imageready - How do you change the rollovers?

Hi all Iv created a nav bar for my web site, but I want to change the rollover apperance, but cant figure out how to change the rollover (i can only change the normal state). Im not very familer with Imageready cos i used to use Fireworks.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can i change a uniform colour?

, I have a picture of a soccer player in a white uniform. I would like to change the colour of his uniform and add some different detail. How can i change the colours and still keep the shadows intact I have tried playing around but my efforts have been weak.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to select a certain part of picture and change its color

I'm new to photoshop cs2 but i have played with alot of video editor programs so i can catch on quick. anyway im really into photgraphing cars. i just started photoshop and i found i can really do alot to the cars with this program. my question is i have a car that is in the sun at an angle and the windows are tinted but the angle you can see in a little.. how can i outline the window and darken it so it looks more tinted
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ImageReady: How do I change FPS?

For the life of me I can't figure out how to change the frames per second of an animation. It currently defaults at 12 frames per second, but I want to adjust it higher so I can make higher quality animations. Please help =[
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

What happened to Adobe Studio Exchange?

It's not the same..And I get a few big clicks on my computer when I go there..It's changed..Wonder where it went
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

OMG-->need to change from inches to cm to mm....

Confused I am I have a raw image of a person. Being raw, it's in inches, 13.6 in by 13.587 in @ 300 ppi. I need to crop it down to her head and shoulders, and make it so that the image is 45 mm tall, and 35 mm wide, and her face has to be (from her hair line to her chin) 32 mm. I can do this no problem when it's in inches, because CS defaults to inches. Now, going from inches to cm to mm......ARGHHHHH!!!!!! Not my cup of tea. I need to crop the photo, and drag it onto another canvas when I have guide lines set exactly 32mm apart (top to bottom) and keep recroping the photo until her face is 32mm (hence the guide lines). My problem is that when I crop at 35 x 45 mm, then drag it onto the new canvas (also in mm) it is WAY to large, as if in to say after I crop it, the dimensions default back to inches, even though I cropped it by mm, and the new canvas it cm. I'll post some screen shots. No picking on my stick figure drawings, as I'm sure this lady wouldn't like her mugshot posted all over the net
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Is it possible to change a photo to spot color?

I am working on a photo for a newsletter which will be printed in black and red. I would like to preserve the reds in the photo and convert the rest to gray scale. Am I asking the impossible If not, can you suggest how to go about it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Why so many way to change the color of a photo in photoshop?

I got a good book telling how to use photoshop. Anyways I've noticed they use soooooooooooo many way to change the overall color in a photo. Like Image -> Adjust Levels -> Choosing a channel. Image -> Adjust -> Color Balance. Image -> Adjust -> Hue/Saturation. Image -> Adjust -> Selective Color. Image -> Adjust -> Channel Mixer. I've alos noticed when you make a new layer, you can choose a color. Is this just a marker for you Cause it doens't seem to affect the photo. Image Why does photosohp have so many way to change the hue Are certain ones better than others Thanx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Photoshop request (colour change)

, I've tried messing with this picture for a while now, but I guess Photoshop just isn't my thing. Could you please photoshop this for me: Can you please change the colour of the car to white, and the rims to green
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Can I change a color globally by changing a swatch?

I'm working on a web site and I have to change either the color of the nav bar or the color of about a third of the graphics (they're not photos; they're AIs colored with Pshop, and they're almost all two-color images). I really like the nav bar color, but it'd be a lot quicker to change that than to redo all the psds. Okies, so like this is really a newb q. Is there a way I can change the color in a whole mess of psds at once Just askin'.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Cant change font opacity back..help

Hi im working on my CD. I actually had someone one else put it in the templates and design it. Where i have the songs on the inside sleeve i can not change the opacity back to normal of the font. Behind the songs and info i have an image... it stays the same Ive tried everything i think. any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

how to undo changes after saving

Hi I am new at Photoshop. I made some changes with brush and saved the photo and closed the program. But now I want undo them. I do not know how to do it Cold you help please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to I change everything that's black to red in an image??

I have tried the replace colour function but this doesn't appear to work for black, only for colours. Help\t Thank you!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

CS5 'save as' changes my file names - Just normal tiff / jpgs... not save for web!

Does anyone know why photoshop deletes part of my file name if i try to save it in a different location to the one it opens from I guess it's something to do with the fullstop / point in the filename, but i have no idea how to stop it doing this! Basically, I have objects numbered 'A24.1 front', 'A24.1 back', A24.2 front' etc etc, and it's changing them all to 'A24'. I've been tearing my hair out trying to find any setting that might stop this happening (the file names cannot be changed) but i'm having no luck.... and as normal the adobe forums and help sites are useless! I'm using CS5 with windows vista 64bit. Screen shots attached to illustrate problem.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

CS2 installed but drive name changed

! My C Drive boot sector recently failed due to motherboard problems, causing me to have to install another hard drive to have an operating system to run. I am still using my old hard drive for data, only now it is renamed as my F drive. When I try to run PSCS2 off my F drive I get the message "Your Adobe Photoshop user name, organization, or serial number is missing or invalid. The application cannot continue and must now exit." Adobe's website says I need to reinstall PS, BUT I cannot find my install disks! I have a legal copy of CS2 and I cannot find it after scouring the house and it's nooks and crannies. Does anyone know if there is a data or text file that I could go into behind the scenes to tell PS to point to the F drive instead of the C Drive I did this for my Quickbooks software, but can't figure out if PS has such a capability.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!