Help with extracting an image

Mod Edit: OP restarted statement in post #2

Sorry for the confusion Sam. Although ... there is no attachment ... You'll need to re-upload greenie.
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:47:23 AM Total Views:  309
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

urgent help needed!

im trying to open documents in PS7, it opens but when i try to use any tool after selecting it..n when try to click on my document the courser turns in to "hand" kind of thing....n nothing works.... i just wonder why \t till last night it was working good, can someone tell me what 'ld be wrong \t why any of my tools stopped working\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Banner help

I am using CS3 and a complete beginner to Photoshop. Two things I need guidence with: 1) How do I remove the word LUSTER GREEN while leaving the background intact. 2) I need to make this image wider while keeping the same height so I can write IT Support Helpdesk on it. Please see attached file.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Pen pressure help!

my photoshop just doesn't want to pick up my pen pressure for my graphic tablet! ive set the brush dynamics and other dynamics to pen pressure but still i get nothing.. i really need help fast :( oh and i use an aiptek hyper pen 12000u
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Option bar immovable and inoperative

, ladies and gentlemen, and greetings from Kathmandu. Have a little problem here with Photoshop and was hoping someone here could help me figure it out. The problem is with the Option bar, which is totally unresponsive to mouse clicks. The little instruction box pops up when you put the mouse over one of the Option bar items (click this to blah, blah, blah), but clicking results in nothing. I can't move the bar either. I can do is uncheck it from Window menu. the other palettes are functioning normally and can be moved around the workspace. Similarly, I can't move the document window by clicking and dragging. Can't close it by clicking on the red X. The window scroll box, though, works. I'm running Version 7 on Vista. Thank you for your kind attention to this inquiry. Namaste.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

my settings?

With some posts they insert a image, the only thing I see is a box with yellow around it and a red x in the middle of box. How do I get to see images that others have posted
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

How to Install these fonts?

I only know one way to install fonts: c:/windows/fonts But recently I dl some free fonts from autofx.com. I couldn't install, so autofix was kind enough to send me the fonts by email and I still can't figure out how to install. [doh] Fonts are gif and came in .exe format. Looks like they are supposed to "self" install for PC but for me, they won't . [doh] Anyone have experience with this Incidentally they are beautiful, unique, free fonts (nice variety too) if anyone is interested --worth the trouble, IMHO. Joy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Ugly outline in animations in Internet Explorer

Hi! When I create simple animated gifs in Photoshop, they look great in Firefox, but in Internet Explorer the moving part of the picture leaves behind it an ugly black outline of itself after it moves. This is not something that exists on the actual graphic in Photoshop - just in IE. Any tips to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

QT

Created still images in photoshop and them made them into a QT for the web. I am using GoLive. Anybody know how to get rid of the QT symbol before the footage starts
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Copying a transparent image over the original.

I'm trying to learn how to use Photoshop CS3 for separating graphics, and so far I've taken a scanned t-shirt image and with the magic wand tool deleted the pixels in the background, but I've lost pixels in the image I wanted to save.Can I make my copy transparent and then overlay it on the original to see where I have to replace the pixels And then once I do, how do I replace the pixels in the image
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Tools don't work/act weird....help please?

, I was wondering if you could help me. My tools don't work. I tried "reset all tools" a few times, and they're still acting weird. They all either do nothing or draw in a weird red hue/overlay. I'm pretty sure I have my brush mode on 'normal' and the color is black. The eraser also drew in a red hue/overlay a few times which kinda weirds me out. Right now it's not working at all. The strangest thing is, that it only happens on this file. When I open another file it works out perfectly. I am really desperate I tried restarting photoshop, resetting tools, even restarting my laptop, but nothing helps! EDIT: The tools WORK but they either have no effect on the picture or give it a red hue/overlay. The zooming tool and other things work.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Using white on top of a picture

how can i use white on top of a picture and still get the features of the original picture to show through, like they to if you use any other color on a multiplied channel
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

New user and need help please....

I have created a logo for my new website, but when i go to load it onto my website, there is a annoying white outline around the image, i have been searching for ages trying to find out how to get rid of it but no luck... is there anyone out there that can help me\t i can send u the image, sorry im a newbie to photoshop.... cheers, Brenton
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Help please..

I've only used photoshop once and I'm a complete newbie, if anyone would be kind enough as to add me to msn I'd be able to show them what I'm talking about because It's hard to explain. I'd appreciate any help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Custom shape with multiple layers?

, I have drawn a shape using several layers. Is there anyway I can save this as a custom shape If I go to 'define custom shape', it only saves one layer. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Adobe CS3

I was just downloading Adobe Acrobate Reader yesterday and noticed there advertising CS3! Any one got any forts on CS3 and there products compaired to older CS2 and Macromedia products becuase this is the first time there all under Adobe. Still waiting for a trail version to test it Is the likes of Dreamwaver be rebuilt or just added onto like it was done with marcromedia which gave it bad CSS support.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Logo image white outline frustration!

There is probably quite an easy solution to this problem but I have no idea what it is, so help would really be appreciated as I am getting frustrated. I have created a logo in Photoshop. I want to have it as a logo on a web page. I need it to have a transparent background. However, when I upload the logo to the web page it has a pixelated edge around parts of it in white so it is quite noticeable. Any ideas - anyone I have tried saving as a png file, and setting the transparency, I have tried a gif image, I have tried increasing the resolution. Please help me!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Very basic text problems

I don't get on with GUIs very well and I get problems with adding text in Photoshop (CS). The latest problem (which I don't think I've managed to hit before) is that my characters are sometimes (but not always)appearing one character after I type, so if I type in "alphabet" it shows up as "alphabe" until I click the tick, when the last "t" appears. Similarly by the time I've typed "alpha", only "alph" is visible. If I commit the type and start in a new position, this may or may not happen. An underline still appears at the text position even if the character doesn't. The other problem, which I manage to hit regularly, is that I sometimes can't start in a new position, even though I've done a commit. When I choose the text tool and click in a new position the cursor returns to the last text I typed. I've tried putting in a new layer first, but it just reselects the old layer first when I click with the type tool. What am I doing that puts into these states I haven't found anything useful in Photoshop help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Photoshop tables nightmare

Hi all, This is probably an easy question but its got me really frustrated. I have used a photoshop template for the design of a website and I have a good idea of using layers to create a nice looking page. However when I "save to web" the template the page is broken up into slices of images which I am totally confused about. I then try to open up the html page that was generated by photoshop in dreamweaver and it has these nasty tables all over the place. My main problems are these 1. when I try and enter text in Dreamweaver the layout goes crazy due to the images being in slices. AGGHHH 2. because the page is broken up into images I cannot continue down the page with extra text as I am stuck with a fixed page length. AGGGHHHHHHH
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Text size problem.

For some reason i am haveing a text size problem in photoshop 7, whatever size i set the text tool to, when i type somthing it's about 30 sizes bigger. I even try'd setting it to 1 or 0.1 but it still showed up as about size 20. I have no idea why its doing this, and it's quite frusterating so any help as to how to fix this problem would be much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Stroke a path

I am trying to automate my work load and I am trying to stroke a path with different brushes. Sometimes it works fine, but most of the time my the brush goes up and down the stroke path duplicating it. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong. I only want a single line.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

This is out ....... ?

HI I AM NEW ORGAN THIS IS MY DESIGN URL URL I wait for your viewpoint
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

photoshop layering

There are a few questions about the layering that seems to have me stumped. However, i have not experience enough in the photoshop area outside of cropping and editing pics. basic layering is logical in it's process however I can't quite figure out the basic understanding of HOW it is working. Right now I have a label that needs to be transferred to a webpage however, it has been requested that the colors be changed. (I would get a book but I am in the middle of eastern europe without a chance to get an English book for photoshop!!!) The basics are these. I duplicate the label which is very simple- only two layers... the backdrop white and the image maroon. The back drop only needs to be black. However, when I click onto the "eye" of the backdrop image it goes blank like it should. I try to make another backdrop layer and get nothing exept a selection of pastel colors... What's up with that. I try to change the colors or get the color black in there. I simply don't know how to get it to black. I know this is so basic. but really... uhhhh Any suggestions Please feel free to send a line to me. URL thx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Navagation bar in photoshop

, I have a navagation bar and I want to make a rollover menu. Can this be done in PS, or do I have to export it to ImageReady I basically just want the text to change color on rollover. Do I do the text in their different states in PS How is this done thx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

How to import actions...

How do I import my actions created with PS 7.0 into PS CS
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

How to angle text

How do I angle a line of text so that it runs up on an angle I dont want to angle each letter, I just want to slope the line of text on an angle upwards of about 10 degrees
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

drop shadow without object

Basically I have a site I'm working on in Photoshop, it's got a white background that I would like to remove so I can get the transparency. The layer the background is on has a drop shadow on it, that I would like to keep. Is there a way I can keep the drop shadow while getting rid of the white background
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Light Intensity Measurement

I joined this forum just to ask this question basically. For the research I'm doing, I need to find a way to quantitatively measure the level of light intensity in different conditions. I know there are light intensity gauges that measure lumens and fc's but I was wondering if there is a way to measure the brightness of an image using photoshop So far I have noticed that there is a way to change basically everything about an image but I haven't found anything that gives me information about the picture itself besides its size and resolution. Does anybody know how to measure light intensity or brightness of an image This would help me out so much
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

slicing then replacing image with video?

how do i do this I sliced up an image of a tv that I created in photoshop and tried replacing the central (tv screen) image with a video clip when i viewed it it had gaps in it! is there a tutorial anywhere or does anyone know how to sort this problem out!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Help with CS2 dupliacte layer issue

I have just started using CS2 and have encountered a VERY annoying problem. In a file with many layers clipped on top of a layer if one of those layers is duplicated then all layers above it become 'un clipped'. CS1 didn't behave like this. I have tried everything to combat this to no avail. Also... whilst we are on the subject of CS2 madness... I am often in the habit of copying an image from the web and pasting into a PS document. In CS2 it sometimes pastes as a smart vector object. I imagine that it thinks I am trying to place the image not paste it. Any way round this I
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

File info for multiple pictures

Is there anyway to fill out a file info (description, author, author title, etc..) once and then apply and save it to multiple pictures
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

HELP! MOV. problems

MOST of my mov. files are opening in imageready as a "BLANK WHITE" movies with sound, but some are opening normal. any ideas as to y
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Photoshop and Photobars

I am a long time user of Photoshop and Photobars by Extensis. I am very disappointed that the new CS2 does not support the ability to use Photobars or to create our own custom menus. I hate shortcut menus ( don't have enough fingers for many of the shortcuts). I would rather use a single click Icon to do a complex task. Is they any way to re-crete them at CS2 When will Adobe allow us to create our own custom menus This ability has been available in many other products but for some reason now Adobe has chosen not to allow this in CS2. Please refer to http://jazzdiver.com/photoshop/pbars_main.htm
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

colour palette problem after installing.

hello there i thought maybe all you photoshop users could help me with this problem. if this is in the wrong thread or forum, im sorry. I've installed my copy of photoshop cs many times on my computer before but i recently reformated and this time my color palette isn't the same. as in all the colors are brighter then they should be (#FF0000) almost looks orange. When i try and open up pictures in ps, or old psd's it also makes their colors brighter and not what they should be. I have not changed monitors or any other display settings. Its also not some stupid problem like RGB to CMYK or something. although im open to any suggestions because people make mistakes sometimes. Also ive also noticed that this happens after i activate it. before i activate it the colors are fine but once the grace period ends and i have to activate through internet or whatever that when all the colours get brighter. any help would be appreciated. hopefully im not the only one with this problem.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Slice Tool?

Any way to get rid of the two gray boxes the slice tool leaves behind Really bugging me. KE
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

simple question about replacing color

I have a picture that is all black and white. I want to do is replace the black parts with a different color. I have tried using the replace color comand and I can't get it to work. I know this should be the easiest thing in the world to do. Please tell me how to do this!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

3D shapes

hi, what's the best way to make 3D shapes like cubes, 3D elipses, and such. The bevel/emboss layer option always makes the shapes seem flat on the otherside. danny
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

what do you think about this picture

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Brightness, Exposure, etc. in Photoshop

, Sorry if this has been asked before or if it is obvious. My searches did not come up with any matches. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the numerous ways in which one can brighten an image in Photoshop. While many sites describe the pros and cons of multiple sharpening techniques etc., I have not found anything that describes the pros and cons of multiple brightening techniques. Here are some that I've been puzzling over: 1. Use the "Exposure" setting in the Raw window to adjust brightness 2. Use the levels or curves to adjust brightness 3. Use the brightness to adjust brightness (well, okay, I do know how this is much inferior to (2)). 4. Use layers with the "Screen" blending mode to adjust brightness. What really confuses me is that the Raw window when it first comes up often uses non-zero values for the Exposure, Constrast, Brightness etc. In some cases it uses a negative Exposure but increases the brightness and contrast. I was under the impression that the brightness and contrast sliders should never be used (since they can cause clipping). If anyone can explain the relative strengths and weakesses of 1, 2, and 4 or point me to a url I would really appreciate it. Amer
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Learn about filters

Can anyone recommend a bunch of tutorials or a good book that concentrates on PS filters Also a tutorial or text on using the Blending Modes. I am using CS
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Making brushes

Those trees are back. Ok, I just received my order from Dosch and these are some great looking trees. Now I need to make brushes out of them, which has raised a question or two. Do the brushes have to be greyscale That really sucks since these are such a great color to begin with. Any advice in creating these brushes
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

How do I make the edges Fade to clear?

Ok, Im semi knew to photoshop (tought myself from scratch) and ive made several things before and have touched up some photographs. Im wondering how can I make the outside boarder of this fade out so it doesnt look like a giant block http://img207.exs.cx/img207/5300/l3m0nator4ak.jpg
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Make background color in circle VS plain BG

, I could use some help here. Been using photoshop for few years, but I dont know how to create this image attached and what it is called. Help me plz..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

Trying to create a political/regional map with colour overlays and tomfoolery.

Well, I've had no previous experience with Photoshop or any other image editing software, so my terminology will be pretty lacking (otherwise my google-fu might have seen them through). So be warned, I've probably got loads of misworded words in here. Basically, I'm starting a book project, and as a foundation I've cleaved together a basic continental map in paint, taken from a random generator, and now I'm trying to make some colour fills so one can easily distinguish between various states and regions, like a standard political map but with a bit less opacity, so landmarks and features can still be seen. I'm thinking that layering would be a good idea because there'll be different boundaries for different time periods, so from what I know of 'layers', being able to easily switch from one era to another seems pretty feasible, unless that's not what layers are for and I've been mislead by what English words mean in Photoshop. I've asked a couple of people but gotten only vague suggestions, which led to me messing around with layers, selection tools, and rough paint fills. This was pretty unsuccessful and very messy. What tools should I be using to create these precise boundaries, whether delineated by natural features or imaginary lines Apparently I could be using the path tool to do this but I...have no idea what that is, what it does, or how to use it, even after clicking and trying various things for several minutes. I've tried the quick selection/magic wand with various levels of tolerance, but it's still very rough in its selection and seemingly quite hard to modify without going pixel by pixel, since things like the coastal/beach lines, or spliced together continents of different internal colours tend to break up the regular shapes of landmasses, as you can see in the image. On a minor note, it'd be nice if I could pattern certain areas with different opacity, because there are only so many easily distinguishable colours, so that red with stripes would be different from red with red, or red with crosses. I recall seeing some likely tools for this, but didn't try use them since I didn't have the basic overlays in place. It doesn't need to be meticulous, I intend on later refining the entire map since it's obviously hacked together, but it's really hard to write relative locations if all you've got is 'Northern blob' and 'Southern blob', and I'm terrible at drawing so I'm pretty certain that anything I did draw would be more vague than in Photoshop. Having a state boundary end at the river boundary is fine, but when it suddenly extends hundreds of miles up through all that similarly coloured green area once that river dies inland, that is not ideal. I can't figure out how to manually do this without resorting to pixel by pixel. I'll do that if required, it's just, I've heard so many legends of Photoshop that I'm assuming this will all be very easy with the right tools and I won't have to resort to my standard tactic of doing things the most slow and basic way possible. I want the writing to take years, not the bloody map. Any kind of help would be very much appreciated, since I have literally no idea what I'm doing or what I need to be looking for,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

[Photoshop Troubleshooting] Section Rules - READ THIS FIRST

Photoshop Troubleshooting Forum Posting Guidelines for This Section This section is for questions about specific issues in Photoshop that are not working as intended. If you need help with a specific tool or behavior in Photoshop, this is the place to ask. It can often be helpful to include a screenshot of the problem if it is something visual. If you need help posting an image, click here. If you are posting a question or asking for help, please be as specific as possible. There are a lot of knowledgeable members who can offer you help, please try to make it easy for them. Please also read this post before posting a question or asking for help. This is not the place to post questions about how to use this web site or for comments about Photoshop forum features, please post them in the Forum Help section. The above guidelines apply to this section of the forum only, general Site Rules can be found here.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

hair issue changing background

I need some help changing background Click this bar to view the original image of 800x600px. I have masked using channels, I am struggling with the hair using CS4
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

Recent issue with discolored images when moving image within PS

Hi ! I am a photographer and this is my first time in this forum. I'm a MAC user with CS5. of a sudden I am having an issue with my files. I shoot RAW, save the files as PSD, then save the final edits as jpegs. Recently I noticed that the jpeg thumbnails in the folders for my last 4 sessions look discolored, kinda greenish. But when I click on the image and open in preview it looks fine. However, when I open the file in PS and try to move the image into another window to work on a design there, it looks discolored like the thumbnail! I did "save for web & devices" and it transferred fine, but I don't want to do that. Can anyone tell me what has happened Could it be my camera settings I have only noticed this since I upgraded my body. (I have a Nikon D7000) I have attached a screen shot.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!

I would like help recreating this background.

, once again. I am posting again to ask your advice and to ask for your help recreating an effect. The effect is to recreate the white, bright sheen and/or gradient contained in these pics. I already know how to crop out characters, but I need help recreating the colored background. Here's two images along with red lines around what I want to recreate. If you need more clarity, ask me and I'll try to explain it again. But I
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

PS CS4 trouble random block artifacts appear after filling vector or path...

I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong here or if there is a known bug at play. When attempting to right click on the vector path in PS CS4 and selecting Fill Path, the path is filled as chosen but random block artifacts are created... I tried to trick it by creating a vector mask and fill tool selected color and it works fine like in the third photo. As soon as you rasterize the layer, it goes back to the exact previous problem. The artifacts even show up in the layers mask icon. Has anyone ever seen this before It happens intermittently but frequently with filling vectors. Thank you in advance for your time.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Photoshop will not open

Photoshop starts the opening process, but freezes at 'starting up plug-ins...' It is CS5 on a Mac OS X. I have tried shutting down and restarting.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!