Editing preferences launches eyedropper. Huh?

Hi. This is in Photoshop 6.0 and a recent development.

If I go to Edit > Preferences, no matter what I select, the eyedropper tool launches. The preference I am trying to edit does not open. Only the eyedropper. Any ideas This is crazy.

Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:44:33 AM Total Views:  225
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Photo editing..

Is there any way to tell for sure if an image has been altered I got some pics and when I zoom in on some areas of it it looks like the pixels arent right would one suggest that the pics have been doctored
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Resetting preferences.

a long time ago, a knowledgeable man said: "To re-create the Photoshop preferences file: 1. Quit Photoshop. 2. Rename the Adobe Photoshop CS2 Prefs.psp file (for example, to Adobe Photoshop CS2 Prefs.old) in the Documents and Settings\ [username] \Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings folder. 3. Start Photoshop. Photoshop creates a new preferences file." That's all very well and fine, but I'm pretty sure I remember something about a keyboard command that could be used during PS startup to reset preferences. I've looked through 3 or four pages of search results to find it, and no dice. if anyone else can remember, that's be great. I have to reset my preferences about every week or two so a faster method would be nice. Gallo Pinto
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Text editing fun

all, Just picked up photoshop about a week ago, so this may be a noob question, but... It seems that, once you enter text, either on a layer or in a channel, it is no longer modifyable once you perform other actions. For example, I'm creating a bunch of buttons that all contain some text. There are many steps, after I've "engraved" the text in my button, using the alpha channel, so that it has become very tedious to perform the steps all over for every, single, button. Is there a way to modify the text so that it really only requires the actual text editing or do I really need to do this individually for each step If you want an example, I create a brushed metal layer, an alpha channel with white high's and lows and the lettering, then I apply a lighting filter so it looks like a textured, 3-D, button with words etched in the surface. Pretty simple, but after taking the brightness/contrast adjustments and a few modifications afterwards, it gets repetitive.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Font size to big while editing images

Hi. I'm having a huge problem with a couple hundred images. I'm working with a HQ project, and all the images are having HUGE fonts. A 10 font size has the size of a 60(I compared, and its exactly that much). This only happens with those images, and it doesn't have anything to do with the size of the document(JPG 1124x1600) because there are lots of bigger images that doesn't change my font sizing. Why this happens I already googled it, and nothing comes up, no solution. It will be a pain to type in the dialogue balloons with that much of font's size. I'm using PHOTOSHOP CS5.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

New bie need help in CS5 with editing image in layer

Good afternoon all, I am a very new photoshop user and need your help I have downloaded a .psd file that i need to edit to customize it ....I managed to find how to edit and change text layer but there is some logo image that i need to replace and cannot figure out how. These logo are layers and what i need to do is to import my logo saved in .psd into that directory and have them replaced the current one not sure if i am clear but just in case you can download the file at 3w dot refreshf5 dot com slash avsforum slash theater_sign dot zip Thank you for your help Alain
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Animation trouble - help requested

, I am in need of some help for Photoshop CS3 animation I have only had Photoshop a few months so im not that good. And this is my first time on this forum. What I have done is made an animation with 72 layers and 73 animation frames. I have used black text and on a transparent background. While in Photoshop it plays fine but no matter if i export as movie or save as gif all i ever get is a pure black view. The only exception is when i export using Render Video is i choose render option "premultiplied with white" then when i play the exported .mov i still get a black screen but i can finally see the animation drawn in black with white just behind it. How do I make the animation or any animation so i can use it as an overlay in a video. I just want the text to show up no background or sometimes would like to add a picture as a background with colored text. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running Photoshop CS3 not full suite. I also have Photoshop Elements 7 as well as Premiere Elements 7 and multiple video editing programs. I am also running the cursed Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

lasso tool

im reading this tutorial http://www.bluesfear.com/tutorials/interface.htm and it says.. "Now cut some corners.", but... how would i go about doing this with the lasso tool when i try to cut a corner eather everything gets cut or i receive an error stating "Warning no pixels selected" created a new image.. with a new layer.. then added the square ... selected the lasso tool.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

disk space

this is about an article that i've read. I'm using photoshop7 and as usual base on the article that i've read, it says there that ps7 or any other version of photoshop uses a ram memory space and whenever it cannot find enough ram memory it'll use your hard disk. what will be the common problem who hasn't have enough ram memory or who has only a small ram memory left, will that make photoshop work slowly what if photoshop had already use your hard disk as a scratch, will i have a lesser space even i turned off photoshop
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!