Changing Black and White to Colour

Hi all,
I am new to photoshop.
Its my mums birthday coming up and wanted to surprise her by changing some of her black and white photos to colour. I've googled it and worked out the basics however wanted to know how I could select all the polka dots on the above image and turn them red without have to do each one individually.

Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:51:27 AM Total Views:  314
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Fade a square from black to invisible?

Okay this is a very simple question and I'm sure has a very simple solution! I want to simply create a .png rounded-edge square 90x96 that fades from black to see through.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

CS3 prints to pdf in black and white only- and badly

Good morning, I have been merrily taking screen shots for a recent work project, pasting them into Photoshop, adding a touch of sharpening via Highpass filter, and printing them to PDF. suddenly, with the most recent print, I am greeted for the first time with the message "Some PostScript specific print settings (Interpolation, Calibration, Encoding) will be ignore since you are printing to a non-PostScript printer." I also noticed all of my other prints to pdf were 72 dpi, suddenly this one is 121 PPI. The PDF is black and white, although the original document is full color, and it has the moire pattern of a scan taken at the wrong resolution, a pattern of little squares all over. Every PDF I save from Photoshop is like this now, filters or no. What the heck happened How can I get my pdfs back
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to print white letters on a transparent background?

I'm starting off with a transparent BG, I'm saving the file as a png, and I'm writing in only #FFFFFF white with a drop shadow. I can see it on preview, but when I use color paper, the letters turn out transparent with the slight outline provided by the drop shadow. I can get any other color I want, but why isn't white showing up and how can I generate it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

colour problems

Hi I'm an old fellow (69) new to this, so forgive me if I make a mistake or two, Firstly I have CS2 on windows xp and a brand new printer, a Brother dcp150c ink jet, now to my problem my wife does greeting cards and sells them at the local markets, unfortunatly the colour on the screen is not the colour that comes out of the printer, where the colours should be vibrant, it comes out pale and wishy washy , I have to darken the image in photoshop to get any where near the colour required. I have set up the screen (probably wrong) using adobe gamma and I have tweeked the colour settings on the printer to no avail, but if I don't get this right I'm just wasting Ink & card, so it is my hope that some of you experienced people can guide me through this minefield of colour on screen versus colour at printer
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Fill with colour bucket not at the side.

Yeah, well the Fill with colour bucket is not at the side, Im wondering if you know how I'd get it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help changing to B/W

I scanned a piece of paper with a lot of writing but the ink from the pen came out to a purplish black. I would like to change everything on the page from purplish black to solid black and white colors only (no greys) in a way that does not blur or distort the picture and emphasize what would otherwise be unrecognizable spots on the paper. I've tried adjusting levels and brightness/contrast but it distorts the picture, making it look like the ink is bleeding everywhere when it is really just a simple line. I have been working in RBG, but have tried CMYK as well. I'm not sure which is best for doing this though since I'm very new at photoshop. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you and happy holidays!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Changing colours, of surfaces.

Im really new to photoshop but im keen on knowing one or two little tricks I can use. Like changing the colour of a surface, but the surface has detail and i don't want to go over the detail, hair for instance, what would i use something that covers the patch This will sound very strange probably, but it's something i want to know.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Painting wood cabinets white in CS5

, I am completely new to photoshop, we are trying to decide what color to paint our kitchen cabinets, I was able to change the color to black by just using hue/saturation and the magnetic lasso, but I cannot figure out how to make them white. Here is the photo I am trying to change. Can someone help us out
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Photoshop request (colour change)

, I've tried messing with this picture for a while now, but I guess Photoshop just isn't my thing. Could you please photoshop this for me: Can you please change the colour of the car to white, and the rims to green
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Colorizing white, I need help.

I know how to colorize some photos in photoshop, but I'm trying to colorize a white shirt with little to no gray scale in the white. I have already adjusted the levels, but I don't know how to get photoshop to change a pure white into color. Please help. I know how to crop and use the pen tool and blah blah blah, I just don't know how to get the white into color. I'm sure there is something I need to do, I just don't know what that is. I am restoring a photo for my parents anniversary. Please don't tell me how to go through the whole colorizing process, I already know how to colorize things with mid tones and shadows. I am just having trouble with white highlights.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Always get a light coloured halo around my selection.

Trying to figure out how to stick one image on top of another. Select what I want, delete everything else, copy then paste into a new layer on top of the target background. I can't get rid of the halo around the image! Have spent many unhappy hour with the refine edge tool; am I missing something
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Simple colour bars perspective

Hi all, So the link to the tutorial on how to do this seems to be broken, but I don't figure it can be that hard.. has anyone got any pointers at all on how to accomplish Would be a great help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Blending black outline of an image into a yellow background

I'm creating a logo for my local First Robotics team and I need some assistance. I created a light blast effect on a black background and due to difficulties I was unable to change the black to yellow without completely distorting the picture. I eventually used the magic wand tool to copy the main image onto a yellow background. But now there is a slight black outline that I would like to blend in. Do you and girls have any suggestions.RR light blast subfinal.psd
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Can I change a color globally by changing a swatch?

I'm working on a web site and I have to change either the color of the nav bar or the color of about a third of the graphics (they're not photos; they're AIs colored with Pshop, and they're almost all two-color images). I really like the nav bar color, but it'd be a lot quicker to change that than to redo all the psds. Okies, so like this is really a newb q. Is there a way I can change the color in a whole mess of psds at once Just askin'.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

2 colour image

I was working on this a few weeks ago when my laptop packed up, luckily I recovered a lot of data. But the life of me I forgot how I achieved this. Not that expect anyone to tell me how I did it, but could show me their and probably better way to do it, I would be grateful, It started life as a normal action shot from a game. I hope that this will be turned into an image to have printed on tee shirts.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Remove white background from my image using elements editor?

Hi team, i have this gif that i want to get rid of the white background and make it transparent, everytime i try, little arrows on my image get deleted!!! can someone help me out I want to keep all the text and arrows but just get rid of the white space! TIA Aaron
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to I change everything that's black to red in an image??

I have tried the replace colour function but this doesn't appear to work for black, only for colours. Help\t Thank you!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

selecting only white

I only want to select white..I have these clouds with a blue background but I only want white selected. I'm not a newb to photoshop but I've already tried to use extract, i've used select>color range, magicwand and every other technique I can think of; not the result I want. I think It might be possible through alphas but I don't know. Basically I want to select the white and have every other color to be gone (completely non-existent). Thnx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Changing the Proof Setup default.

, I was wondering how I could go about changing the default Proof Setup from Working CMYK too Monitor RGB. cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!