change the color/hue of an image help

I need a little bit of help. I have a picture that I am trying to change the colors of. I tried searching, but I can't figure out the correct term so its hot helping me.
I have an image, its full color, just a regular jpg. I want the whole picture to be variations of a color. Basically like the sepia effect does under the adjustments menu.
I have the hex and the rgb color codes, but I can't figure out how to do it. A key factor in this is that I am colorblind. (Yes I see colors, but not as well as everyday people).
I tried to play with the hue/saturation under the adjustments menu, but I can't actually type the rgb code there. I can adjust the sliders, but when I can't tell the shades, its a little tough. That was getting me nowhere, so I converted it to greyscale and then back to rgb and tried again, but no luck. I can only adjust up to +100 and -100 in that menu.
I just thought about it again, and I can convert it to greyscale, create a new layer, fill with my color and change the opacity, but I don't know if there is a correct way to do what I want, or if what I just described is the best way.

Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:50:16 AM Total Views:  233
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

how to select a certain part of picture and change its color

I'm new to photoshop cs2 but i have played with alot of video editor programs so i can catch on quick. anyway im really into photgraphing cars. i just started photoshop and i found i can really do alot to the cars with this program. my question is i have a car that is in the sun at an angle and the windows are tinted but the angle you can see in a little.. how can i outline the window and darken it so it looks more tinted
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ImageReady: How do I change FPS?

For the life of me I can't figure out how to change the frames per second of an animation. It currently defaults at 12 frames per second, but I want to adjust it higher so I can make higher quality animations. Please help =[
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

What happened to Adobe Studio Exchange?

It's not the same..And I get a few big clicks on my computer when I go there..It's changed..Wonder where it went
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

OMG-->need to change from inches to cm to mm....

Confused I am I have a raw image of a person. Being raw, it's in inches, 13.6 in by 13.587 in @ 300 ppi. I need to crop it down to her head and shoulders, and make it so that the image is 45 mm tall, and 35 mm wide, and her face has to be (from her hair line to her chin) 32 mm. I can do this no problem when it's in inches, because CS defaults to inches. Now, going from inches to cm to mm......ARGHHHHH!!!!!! Not my cup of tea. I need to crop the photo, and drag it onto another canvas when I have guide lines set exactly 32mm apart (top to bottom) and keep recroping the photo until her face is 32mm (hence the guide lines). My problem is that when I crop at 35 x 45 mm, then drag it onto the new canvas (also in mm) it is WAY to large, as if in to say after I crop it, the dimensions default back to inches, even though I cropped it by mm, and the new canvas it cm. I'll post some screen shots. No picking on my stick figure drawings, as I'm sure this lady wouldn't like her mugshot posted all over the net
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Is it possible to change a photo to spot color?

I am working on a photo for a newsletter which will be printed in black and red. I would like to preserve the reds in the photo and convert the rest to gray scale. Am I asking the impossible If not, can you suggest how to go about it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Why so many way to change the color of a photo in photoshop?

I got a good book telling how to use photoshop. Anyways I've noticed they use soooooooooooo many way to change the overall color in a photo. Like Image -> Adjust Levels -> Choosing a channel. Image -> Adjust -> Color Balance. Image -> Adjust -> Hue/Saturation. Image -> Adjust -> Selective Color. Image -> Adjust -> Channel Mixer. I've alos noticed when you make a new layer, you can choose a color. Is this just a marker for you Cause it doens't seem to affect the photo. Image Why does photosohp have so many way to change the hue Are certain ones better than others Thanx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Photoshop request (colour change)

, I've tried messing with this picture for a while now, but I guess Photoshop just isn't my thing. Could you please photoshop this for me: Can you please change the colour of the car to white, and the rims to green
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Can I change a color globally by changing a swatch?

I'm working on a web site and I have to change either the color of the nav bar or the color of about a third of the graphics (they're not photos; they're AIs colored with Pshop, and they're almost all two-color images). I really like the nav bar color, but it'd be a lot quicker to change that than to redo all the psds. Okies, so like this is really a newb q. Is there a way I can change the color in a whole mess of psds at once Just askin'.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Cant change font opacity back..help

Hi im working on my CD. I actually had someone one else put it in the templates and design it. Where i have the songs on the inside sleeve i can not change the opacity back to normal of the font. Behind the songs and info i have an image... it stays the same Ive tried everything i think. any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

how to undo changes after saving

Hi I am new at Photoshop. I made some changes with brush and saved the photo and closed the program. But now I want undo them. I do not know how to do it Cold you help please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to I change everything that's black to red in an image??

I have tried the replace colour function but this doesn't appear to work for black, only for colours. Help\t Thank you!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

CS4/Windows 7 - Images appear too red (and I'm seeing red)

This probably isn't specifically a Photoshop issue, but some other Windows users may know more than I do as I have no idea how to resolve it. When I open an image in Photoshop it has a very reddish/pinkish hue to it. Say, for instance, if I save an image from the internet and open it in PS, the file looks a lot more red in PS than it did on my web browser. I noticed that when I go to Save for Web & Devices the original file looks like it should do (without the reddish hue), whereas the preview of the new save file differs depending on the Preview mode selected - 'Monitor Color' looks fine, 'Windows (No Color Management)' has the reddish hue. Also, I've noticed that thumbnails of images in Windows Explorer look fine, but when I open them in Windows Photo Viewer the cursed reddish hue appears again! Does anyone know what I should do to fix this Photoshop is pretty much useless to me at the moment unless I can see accurate colours...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

photoshop action

i do series of steps and record the action....then i open a new image...play the action...a error message "the command make is currently not available"..or other steps of the action...not available.... what am i doing wrong...cannot run the action help please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Line into a spiral

How can i turn the line of rasterised text shown in this image into a perfect spiral ht tp://im g360.images hack.us/im g360/1 207/tttg .jpg (w/o spaces, im not allowed to post images or URLS apparently as i'm a new user)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Image color different in Photoshop vs on the web

I have a problem of having all of my images in photoshop being darker and more saturated than they are anywhere else (i.e., in the save for the web window, when I include one in an email, in Dreamweaver, when viewing on the web, etc). They look the same in all places other than photoshop. (lighter, more washed out). This is a problem when building web sites particularly, I have to view it in Dreamweaver then go back to Photoshop and guess on how much too dark and saturated to make it in there so it will look like I want on the web. This adds a lot of unneccessary time to my work day but I have no idea how to fix it. I print (art and photos) from photoshop and they seem to match the prints fine so I don't want to change an over all Photoshop setting or anything and mess that up. But sure would love to know how to fix it so everything looks the same. I tried using "convert to profile" although I had no idea what to convert it to, but when I did, the same problem still happened. Hoping someone might have some ideas to help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Activate golive

I just brought Golive through the internet (education prices rule). They sent me the activtion code through email and are posting the software. I have the trial version but the activation area is greyed out. Is there anyway of activation it or do I need to wait until the box arrives and reinstall the software
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Action

I am newish to photoshop so be gentle with me, i cannot seem to work out how to stop a action when a option needs changing, let me explain I record an action, i say want an image to resize, the box comes up and i enter the size to put in, i do loads more then stop the action from recording. Now when i play the action it always resizes to the settings i put in before. How can i actually get it to stop when the action is replayed and wait till i put a size in and then when i press ok it carries on with the rest of the action. I know this can be done but i just cannot figure out how. I have had actions i have downloaded that stop at these box's wait for an imput from me then carries on. any help appreciated, all tut's online just seem to do the basic action record.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!