Brightening up a photo

I tried few things but as this photo has too many colors and I am complete beginner in photoshop, I would much appreciate some help.

This photo is going on a website 600x400 and I would need it to look like it was taken in nice and sunny day. I am able to make the sky blue, brighten the grass and the whole pic. Unfortunately, I dont know what to do with the trees. Whatever I tried, they stayed blunt (and if i finally managed to brighten them up, other things were glowing and the picture looked very unnatural). Can someone help me with this please or point me to a nice tutorial

Cheers
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:47:56 AM Total Views:  323
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Couple sigs

hey, don't have much experience with photoshop atm, been reading a few sigs, so heres a couple attempts just going out on my own =) Any critique or input is helpful, I just want to start improving and need to know where =) lol
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Layers Palette Group Sorting Question

If you create a Group in the layers palette and then drag existing layers into the Group, they are placed at the bottom of that Group's stacking order by default. Is there a keyboard combo that will force the layer to be inserted at the TOP of the Group's stacking order instead I tried all the typical key combos to no avail...Thank You!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Add another 'transparent tab' when performing a gradient setup

How do I go about doing this Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Magic Wand tool comes up Rectangular Marquee tool

I'm using Photoshop 5.0, and today I'm running into a problem. When I click on the Magic Wand, it sometimes brings up the Rectangular Marquee tool. Or at least the symbol for it. I can't draw a rectangle. I have to close everything down and restart. Sometimes that helps, sometimes not. Needless to say, I'm not getting a lot done.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Create background like crazy stupid love.....

I want to create background like the posters from crazy stupid love how to use background from photoshop is it depth of field.I love the colors as they are very bold and sparkle see the link below. I would love to hear your help! I fell in love with this and I want to make the background and add my friends on it google crazy stupid love posters and look at the background, so beautiful.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How do I punch up Neon colors?

I seem to get just so far .. 'no farther! Levels, brightness/contrast, vibrance, etc. Any further thoughts would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

how do i get it lightened up in the pic?

I've been trying for so long playing with photoshop and what trying to figure out how to get the people in the picture like lightened up and i guess make the colors look like its i guess more stand out, i cant explain it. Same goes for the background on the first picture. I would appreciate whoever can help me on how to figure this out. I put the effect picture im trying to do on the left and the non edited picture on the right. http://i40.tinypic.com/mjbx29.jpg Sorry I dot have the original picture of the person that im trying to get the effect on at the moment. http://i42.tinypic.com/ff1gft.jpg here is the other with the original too. Thanx.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How Do I Combine .pat files into a single group

So I found some FANTASTIC free patterns on line, but had to download each one individually. Is there a way to take several .pat files and combine them into a single grouping, or a single .pat file I searched for every key word I could think of before posting - apologies if this is something knows.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

photoshop cs4 to cs4 extended upgrade.

ive got photoshop cs4 and what i would like to know if i can install photoshop cs4 extended upgrade rather than pay for the full edition of cs4 extended which is a lot of of money. the cs4 extended upgrade is half the price but will it be compatible with my photoshop cs4. regards phil
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

learn more

in pse 7 when 'learn more' comes up to click on for more information about a particular function in editing etc, a note says it can't display the info and I need to reinstall pse7. I have reinstalled it but the same problem persists. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

CS4 Extended - Panels Problem

This happens from time to time. When opening a document in Photoshop the "layers" and "adjustment" panels are automatically collapsed. I've been through every option I can think of to have them expanded when I open a document. I've also tried various workspaces but they all collapse the panels when Photoshop is opened again. Is it possible to corrupt panels in some way
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

how have I broken my toolbar?!

This is hopefully something simple that I am just missing, but am panicking! I can toggle the tools bar on and off, but all that appears is the little slice of blue with the feather on - no tools, and no obvious way to get them back! I'm slightly freaking out as have a mammoth design project on, and whilst I have re-downloaded a trial version its only got a few days left on it and i'll never finish in that time! Help MASSIVELY appreciated! C x
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Error message "required resources not found" Argh!

, I'm at my wits end with a sudden Photoshop CS2 error I'm getting on my Mac running OS X Tiger. An error message pops up when I try to do virtually anything in Photoshop, particularly when I mouse over an value-entry field in a pallette, for example the Character pallette which has fields for font size, width, ledding, etc. Could not complete your request because the required resources were not found. Here's the error message I always get: "Could not complete your request because the required resources were not found." Usually when I have an error, I can find someone else on the net who has experienced it, and use their fix. But I have yet to find anyone with this error in any forum. Anyone have a guess as to what I could do to fix it Adobe's site is a mess, so I'm not posting there. But I've already tried trashing prefs, re-installing Photoshop, running Disk Utility, etc. None of the usual tricks are working with this one.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Who else had GoDaddy site shut down today?

So it seems the Anonymous group decided to attack GoDaddy today... I guess we the photoshop artists and web designers are considered "Collateral Damage" I spent had a lot of template designs to upload for clients (sadly, all goDaddy hostings) and of course, I could do nothing but sit there, and follow GoDaddy reports on Twitter and they desperately tried to repair the damage! This was a uselessly frustrating event!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Need help to extract the background

I'm new to photoshop. I want to extract the background of whatsapp icon and re-use the background (i.e. removing the telephone image from the whatsapp icon). Anybody can suggest me what to do step by step millions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Photoshop "Pen Tool"

Hi I am a web designer. I know Photoshop little better. But I did not know how to use Pen Tool in Photoshop. Please anybody help me how can I use Pen Tool, so I am really help for this and it help for my career.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Broken text?

I was just wondering on everybodys personal preference to get an effect such as this; Ok, apparently Im not allowed to post an image just google-image "katatonia logo"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

How to alter a part of an image

. I would first off like to thank you for a wonderful forum and for a chance to ask for assistance directly. It always amazes me to see a group of professionals and enthusiasts willing to offer their immense knowledge and their precious time for nothing in return. That is why I am particularly grateful for this forum. Anyway, I am an absolute newbie to Photoshop and pretty much to graphics processing as well, so my question I guess will be an easy one to answer. I have an image whose part I would like to alter. To be more specific, I need to change the Batman sign in the sky to a letter "B". I'm guessing it is done with a selection tool, but that's where my idea ends. What is the easiest way to go about this I have always wondered how this thing is done because it is used to often is today's image processing, but never had to find out the answer myself. Thank you very much in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Need help in creating special fonts

I need to know if there is any software to convert normal font to some special fonts just as the attached file.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Selection Brush and Turning the Image

I recently just got Photoshop CS2 and there are some of the simpliest things that I cannot figure out. I use to have Photoshop Elements 4.0 and these things were easy as pie, oh well, hope you can help. On CS2, I cannot find the selection brush tool anywhere! could someone tell me where it is located. Or if there is a better tool that has "replaced it" and does the same thing Also, when I move images into another "box" it isn't giving me the outline of the image where I can easily resize it and turn the image at an angle. Is there something I need to do to make it give me the outline [sorry, I dont know the actual word for what it is called]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Problem Transforming/Feathering

Zero, Do you mean you want to make the whole fireball bigger by x pixels Also, is the fireball the only layer in the document I ask because most images open with the background locked and certain functions won't work on a locked layer. To unlock it, you need to convert the background to a layer. You can do this by double-clicking on the background layer in the layers palette, or by going to Layer-> New-> Layer from Background. Then to enlarge the fireball, Ctrl+Click the layer icon and drag the resultant bounding box to the new size. , No problem Zero, Keep Crunching!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Curves

How do I make the curve on the top left and top right of the banner like this URL How do I get the top left and top right a different colour than from the rest of the banner
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Using LCD screens for Photoshop and other Graphic, Web or Print related work.

Are LCD screens good for Graphic Designing. Will they translate the colors well for Grpahics, Web, Print, etc. any opinions cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Suggestions please?

I have just a simple picture of my man and I was wondering what are good tutorials and tips to fix it up all heart-y and love-y for a myspace background Please help because I want him to know how much I love him right now but he and I have limited contact thanks to his parents so I can't express it and I want him to have something to see and leave him speechless when he sees it. I'll either use this one: http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/o...05_51812-1.jpg or this one: http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/o.../105_51112.jpg or this one: http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/o.../105_51312.jpg [those are the small versions]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

luminosity selection shortcut dosent work..

Originally Posted by annacarina Hej jan. and thanks. no i have to click ctrl+alt on the lab composite channel. Some one on retouch told me that. Men tak for svaret. annac Hmmm ... works in RGB Mode as well, on the RGB composite channel - I never knew you could do it that way. That's good to know - tak.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

The dredgeful end-of-file...

This has happened to me not once, but three times now. First on a sketch, and back then I didn't know what was wrong. And then it happened to an image I had been working on for more than 9 hours. That's what I call a wasted day. And just now, I found my graphical manuscript for my comic wasted, I mean, what the f*ck! What kind of software is this I thought that for it to be so tremendously popular and widespread, surely, it should protect the work you do at all costs. Some software I know of has functions to protect and recover a file if the system crashes or fails, not f*cking break it down! I can't possibly have a large amount of backup copies of all my work lying about; it will just make me feel irritated because of the lack of structure, not to mention the amount of space it will eat up. It ain't my job ensuring that my work is kept safe despite unexpected events, that's the softwares responsibility. And if it cant handle a simple crash (or, as it may be in this recent one, a power failure of the block in my town) then I dont know how I possibly will be able to work with this software in a real workspace in the future, if the danger of loosing even greater pieces of work than what I have done recently, and by then, I will have much more to worry about than the loss of the file itself. Do I need to say deadline\t Any response from Adobe regarding this I tried to check their site, hell, even make this topic over there, but they seem to run some elitism model where only a selected few are granted to voice what they have to say, bastards.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Do you Write TUTORIALS?

I'm a photoshop guy, and I'm looking for a few people who are looking to make some extra money (preferably kids) but it doesnt really matter, anyone can contact me. If you can make tutorials like the ones on good-tutorials.com, and you can make LOTS of them, then please email me! sitedesigner@pyropixel.com I'll be back to check up on this thread but i'd love to chat
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Changing the Proof Setup default.

, I was wondering how I could go about changing the default Proof Setup from Working CMYK too Monitor RGB. cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

brushes

i am new to photoshop and i have a problem with brushes. when i use any brush, it can only be used in white. is there anyway i can use it in black
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Custom filter?

Does anybody know how to use the "Custom" filter under other I've tried to understand it...Is there a rhyme or reason to using it Lasa
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Bridge colour tags

I'm wondering if theres any way to change the colour of the tags in bridge or add more colours, I know you can change the name of the colour (which seems pointless) but can you customise it with your own colours or add more Wayne
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

How do you make parts of a graphic transparent?

, I have a graphic which I want to overlay onto a video. I want to erase small bits of the graphic but not with any colour - but make it transparent so you can still see what's behind it when I overlay it. How do I do this please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

CS File Browser

I have a question concerning the file browser in CS. I have been using two monitors for some time, having all my tool palettes on one monitor and using the other monitor for photo editing. I would like to have the File Browser on the second monitor with my tool palettes, so I could leave it open all the time. I haven't found a way to move the file browser to the second monitor. I can click and drag the tool palettes from one monitor to the other with the mouse, but when I click in the title bar of the file browser and try to drag it to monitor no. 2, it will only move off the edge of one monitor, and not move over to the next. Anyone have a suggestion of how to move the file browser from monitor one to monitor two Also, CS will not let me drag a photo from monitor one to monitor two. It would be nice to be able to display multiple photos currently open in CS - on either - or on both monitors. Can this be done, if so, how
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Getting alpha channel transparency to work

sorry in advance for being a complete noob and asking a question that probably has a very simple answer, but: I'm just getting to grips with photoshop and I'm trying to do something that I could previously do with other image software. I want to 'paint' the transparency of a layer using the alpha channel. So when I paint black on the alpha channel it makes that part of the layer completely transparent, and white makes it completely opaque (and grey shades are in between). From what I understood of the help, this should be possible by just creating an alpha channel and painting in it. But when I try and then click back to display the RGB channel to look at the changes I've made, nothing actually changes. Whatever I seem to do to the alpha channel it doesn't actually affect the layer's transpancy at all. Hope you can help, and like I say it's probably something really simple that I'm missing, but I'm used to just editing the alpha channel and having that instantly update the image with other software. Cheers.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

textures help

I would like to add extra textures to PS is there anywhere to get free ones or how can I make my own and how do I add them I want to make textures like net muslin, and lace for background effects.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Idiot with Photoshop; Please Help

Ok, I have a picture of a camera, where I want the camera to remain the block colour that it is (grey), but somehow erase the white-filled background to the image, so that it is transparent. I will explain I little more by use of pictures... -looks fine, but when I change background to red; Help would be very much appreciated; I just need to get rid of the white in the background of the camera layer!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Program error?

all of a sudden i started up my photoshop and it said.... Program error could not run adobe photoshop. and now i try to run it and it jus shuts off... wut happenend need help please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

White

Due to crashes etc and $$ I am on Photoshop 8 and Windows 8 and am doing a book cover for a client. I am having a problem getting white to look white. It looks like a cream color on my screen and I get messages that the working area is different from the file. What should I have as my working area if files are going to print Why can't I get a 0-C 0-Y 0-M 0-B to look WHITE on my screen
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

I cant believe its not easy to "CROP" single layer?

I have looked everywhere and it seems I'm either a complete idiot or Photoshop is completely biased to deal8ing with single images and makes anything multiple image extremely complicated\t I'm designing a brochure and I have a background image and some text layers and other layers containing various pictures etc. that I arrange around the brochure etc. I drag my image onto the canvas where I resize to suit my taste, so far so good! Now what if there is a bit of the picture that I want to crop I CANT seem to crop the layer that the picture sits on without removing the rest of the canvas I have seen all kinds of info talking about inverting this, copying, that and deleting the copied, resizing a layer to the pixel dimension etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah!!! WHY cant I just crop the image and have done with it Rather than jumping through hoops! eg, simplest thing in the world to do this in MS publisher or even word I must be thick\t But please help anyway!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can I make something like this?

, I want to know how can I make a logo like this(minus the text): Please let me know how I can do this with Photoshop.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Images in CS5 ext (64 bit) corrupt to show as huge blocks of colour

Sometimes as i work on an image in it suddenly changes tohuge solid blocks of one or two colours and once this has happened, any image Iopen from bridge opens with the same problem. If I grab the title bar with themouse and drag the image a little the image reappears but as soon as I let gothe mouse the blocks come back. I can fix this by closing down CS5 andreopening but this is becoming a nuisance. It happens with psds and jpegs. Ihave run this software for 2 years with no problem until recently. I have thelatest updates of CS5 and graphics card (AMD Radeon HD6450). I have also trieddeleting the preferences file in case it was corrupted but this made nodifference. Help....please.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

achieving this image-distortion effect

all! I'd really like to do something similar to pictures of mine, and wondering if anyone knows what tools / filters I could use to achieve it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

New to this need some help.

, Im new to the site and need alittle help. I have been working with Photoshop for about 5 years but never created a large image. I have need to create my first large file which is an 8ft x 8ft banner, how do I go about setting up the file Any ideas or help would be great.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Save my Soul PLEASE!

I am working on a picture using Photoshop CS6. It is a round picture and I am trying to to get the text to wrap around the top and then around the bottom. I have the text I want on the top, but I am having a heck of a time trying to get it on the bottom. I am quite new to PS, but I can usually find a tutorial and figure it out without a problem. That is how I did this whole project. There is just one thing I am stumped on. Every tutorial I have found only shows me how to do the text all the way around the circle, and that is not what I want. I want part on top and part on the bottom, but to still go with the flow of the circle. I really hope I am not confusing anybody. I have attached a picture to give you a better idea what I am talking about. See how I have the word "Oceanview" at the top, well now I want to add another word around the bottom. Any step by step help and I would be forever great full. Thank you so much in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Reproducing a beatiful slide

I want to learn photoshop by myself and i've read that the best way to learn any skill fast is by working on a project which aims at learning some specific skills so i decide to reproduce a very beatiful slide (which is definitely done by photoshop). The problem is I don't know where to start, which tool to use ... So if you can, please give me some guidelines on how to reproduce as precisely as possible slides below
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!