Be gentle, I'm a pathetic Newbie

I'm a 'non traditional' college student in a graphic arts class, and already I'm driving myself and my professor nuts with a problem I am having with a PS project I've already spent days trying to figure out. I have a photo of a landscape that I took in 'portrait' mode. I've stretched it out so that
I can print it in 'landscape' mode. I have it stretched, using the pixel aspect under "Image" to 1.75 (custom), and it displays on the PS screen just the way I want it. I've changed all the settings in the Image size to 8"H x 11"W, and went to 'PrintPreview' and changed settings there, as suggested by my Prof. I've deselected Constraints. However, when it comes out of the printer its back to the original format! yikes!!
Posted On: Monday 29th of October 2012 09:38:43 PM Total Views:  373
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Photoshop PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Be gentle!

StarCraft forum siggy I made for myself... Don't be too harsh on me, I'm a noob.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

how to make this kinda image?

i saw a of image some time ago which is about several hundred smaller pictures combine together to make a bigger but totally different picture. im wondering is that kind of picture produced by photoshop
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Trimming object edges..

I'm wondering how I would remove that distinct "cutout" feel from object edges that you cut A good example would be this scenario: You have a (we'll say) face in the center of an image. Surrounding the face is just a black background. So you cut out the face, the result is the face with a black outline, and this is what I want to figure out how to fix. What is the technique used to remove this I dont actually have Photoshop but a descriptive solution with proper terms would help me alot. (For future reference)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

simple question about replacing color

I have a picture that is all black and white. I want to do is replace the black parts with a different color. I have tried using the replace color comand and I can't get it to work. I know this should be the easiest thing in the world to do. Please tell me how to do this!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Convert color image to B&W, possible?

Hi all, I just found this forum a few days ago and have been reading it a bit and found some very useful information and some great resources for Photoshop, I am hoping you can help me with this. I am using Photoshop CS2 and I know how to convert a color image to B&W, but is it possible to convert a B&W image to color
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Video/Graphics cards for animation/NLE

again, gang. I will soon be purchasing a new computer and I'm leaning towards a Power Mac G5 as this machine's primary function will be NLE and motion graphics and animation. I'm wondering: does the base G5 have what I'll need in terms of video/graphics cards, or will I need to upgrade/buy a more expensive model Just curious.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

After selecting file>new it automatically opens image size

Hi , When i try to create a new document by file->new after i click ok , it automatically opens the "image size" dialog box. What is wrong. How can i chnage it back
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

HELP with layers toolbar..... Animated glittering text

Okidoki....... I'm fairly new with photoshop.. i have photoshop 6.0 and I was trying to follow a tutorial on how to make glittering animated text (or images) and *I know this sounds dumb* but I accidentally got out of the layers toolbar i guess it was, and i can't get it back. Or rather i don't know how. You know... how there's toolbars for color and stuff on the right, i got out of the layers toolbar and need it back. It's a little confusing to make the animated text with layers etc. Basically i was adding *noise* in one layer and adding noise in another layer but with a different number. I was supposed to click on the image ready button and have it be animated but it wasn't working. Anyway... i'd really like my layers toolbar back. can anyone help\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

removing an item from an image

I'm very green when it comes to imaging. To tell you the truth i'm horrible at it. I have this image that i want to use for my website, The website is built on a predesigned template, so all the images have been made for me. However, it's a humor site, and i don't think the logo is very fitting. There's this water in the image that i want to get rid of, but i've tried to no avail. Here's the img: http://www.humor.fo/templates/allm_c...mages/logo.gif And the address is www.humor.fo Any one here that can guide me how to do it Or better yet, have a try at it yourself I'm completely lost when it comes to design. Does anyone have a good idea how the image would look best, so that it fits a humor site. Not a child site though. I'm thinking about some sort of element instead of the water. And does anyone know what the name of the font is, that is used there
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

downsizing images for web

folks. My problem is that I can only download images to my (externally built) web-site through a CMS which only allows images to be uploaded at a max 150 X 150 pixels (jpg format). When I downsize my images (around 5meg at 300 dpi) prior to upload they appear 'grainy' and pixellated on the web-site. I use Photoshop CS and resample images using the image size dialogue box with the Bicubic setting. I'm saving with Save to web feature in ImageReady. Hope someone can offer helpful advice.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Minimizing Noise in photos

This situation that I'm about to describe has happened many times before. I wonder how I consider myself 'professional', as it's quite a silly mistake and one would think a lesson would have been learned by now, however, I need some help with this now. Can someone give me some tips on how to minimize the noise in my photos in Photoshop when shots were taken at ISO 1600 accidentally I usually shoot at 200, and get great results. My husband was shooting volleyball the other day and I forgot to reset the ISO back to 200. I shot an ENTIRE day with our Nikon D70 at 1600! Engagement photos! Yikes! Silly, I know, but now I am trying to salvage what I can. Any tips I appreciate any and all advice on this (AND if anyone has any tips on how to remind myself to ALWAYS check ISO, those would be appreciated as well!) lol
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Crisp clear images for the web

How do I take crisp-clear images of my products for the website. As an example, look at http://www.maxtecinc.com/am_maxo2series.html I believe, the images are small and yet very clear. The text on the product is also very clear to read. Another example: http://www.maxtecinc.com/am_accessories.html There is no colour in the background for these images. How did they extract the product so perfectly from the background regards
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Simple Checkerboard pattern?

http://www.kissmypixels.com/brushes_ps7_1.html for instance on that site, is there a pattern i can use to get an even looking checkerboard Or how can this be done. Also i know how the pink was done with gradients etc, just looking for the plain checkerboard look
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Remove background from an image

Hi I work in the digital retouching industry and would like some help from other experts. I Sometimes get an image of a women with very wavy hair on a difficult background and have trouble removing her and putting her on another background. I have tried and tested fluid mask and ultimate knockout which are good if the background is very simple but very poor if its alot of dark colors that are like the hair. What techniques or programs do you get the best results from.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

cutting out my image and placing it on a black background?

hi, i have this image: how do i place it on a totally black background will it be easy to just cut out cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

I messed up my web template in imageready - how can I fix it??

Here is what I did: Created a web template in photoshop. Went to imageready to create slices and rollovers. Then went back to photoshop to make some changes to the design. I changed the whole left navigation menu. When I went back to photoshop the editions I have made only appear as one of the rollover states. It looks fine on a rollover state for one little button at the top. But the normal view looks completely wrong with the old left navigation menu appearing. Any idea how to fix this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

convert to 8bit rgb to edit in imageready?

How do you convert the photoshop cs file that is cmyk (I think thats the abbreviation) to 8 bit RGB so you can edit it in imageready
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

adjusting size of image for printer

If I have an image that's too big to fit on the printer page, how do I set my printer settings to adjust the image to the right size (i.e. without scaling the image manually)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Enormous resolution images (4.5m x 10m)

Hiya. My boss has requested I do some images for a stand at a tradeshow.. and this stand is 30'10" high and 13'3" wide. In other words; Ginormous! My machine isn't really capable of handling this kind of superhighres images in terms of ram (i have 1gb). So. Any suggestions Should I use Illustrator, or will that not help in any way the best /plaf
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

logo image color change

Sorry Im pretty new to photoshop and was wondering if someone could help me out. I have a logo that I need to change the color on. Its currently black can someone please help me out Im a real beginner
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!