Windows 2008 SQL Server

My website is hosted with Webhost4life.Org (Recommend),
I'd like to know how to transfer SQL 2005 to SQL 2008
Posted On: Tuesday 20th of November 2012 02:50:07 AM Total Views:  288
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Restoring full-database on server

. Im stuck on something very essential. How do I transfer my entire SQL Database with tables,procedures and users from my personal workstation to another server I used the Backup function to save a backup as a file. Restoring the file on the server returned only my stored procedures, without the tables.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Hosting SQL 7 databse on SQL 2000 server

I had a working sql 7database, which I eventually hosted on a sql 2000 server. I now find that some of my tables have gone missing. Please let me know if I have to do anything specific to my sql 7 database before hosting on the sql 2000 server
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Cannot Connect to Analysis server

Server instalation: MSFT Sql Server 2K (SP3) Analysis Server (SP1) Client instalation: Analysis Manager (MDAC 8.0) Client user is a member of group OLAP Administrator When i try to connect from client (Analysis Manager) to Analysis Server over LAN i get this message: Cannot connect to Analysis Server Network error. Can anyone help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

probelm with asp and sql 2000 server

hi, help needed!!!! i want to connect SQL with ASP using connection string .how to install sql 2000 server on windows xp professional edition .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sql server 2000 on win2k VS 2k3 problem

Hi all, I'm running into a problem that has me absolutely stumped. In my environment, we have 3 locations, and thus 3 file servers and 3 sql servers. 2 of these locations are on 2k advanced, and the third is on 2003 server. The problem i'm having is involving an ASP script. To make a lot of code short, -asp page passes in vars to a store procedure -stored procedure populates a temp table and uses a sysobjects temp table as well -temp table is then joined to a View In the view lies the problem. in alter mode, it looks like this: Code: ALTER view dbo.vw_DSHistory_1 as select top 100 percent datepart(hour,calltime) as HourOfCall, cast(left(callTime,11) as datetime) as DayOfCall, agent, reason, finishcode, resultcode, status, c.job_name from SJ4005_CallHistory as h join SJ4005 as c on h.i3_rowID = c.i3_rowID where calltime between '08/03/2004 8:00:00' and '08/03/2004 23:59:59' order by cast(left(callTime,11) as datetime), datepart(hour,calltime) The dates and 'SJ4005' is a dynmaically written view passed in vars to the store procedure. Code: insert into @tempResults (fields) --values in a select: select . . . . from vw_DSHistory_1 h group by h.Job_Name, h.DayOfCall, h.HourOfCall order by h.DayOfCall, h.HourOfCall, h.Job_Name This all works 100% on two of our servers. word for word copy paste onto our 3rd, on 2k3, and the view is not updating the variable fields. Is there a setting im missing does 2k3 have some kind of permission issue with passing a var from more than one thing (asp -> sp -> vw)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Differenec between access & sql server

I know and have worked with MS Access for over 3 years now. Just would like to know if there is very much difference between MS Access and SQL Server. Are they similiar or are they completely different. In terms of designing forms, reports, sql. Appreciate some feed back and also where I could view or look at sql server.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

two servers 1 being remote

There is a remote server being set up that is a database (sql2K) This server will store paths to its folders containing scanned images (images around 250k each) I have a website that has a calendar of events, the user of the calendar can have the ability to select supporting documents for the event they create on the calendar (so the calendar event needs a link to the documents on the other server. The website is fully under a ssl key and the remote db server is not. I don't was to inconvience users / give up security by having them click a link to load files from an unsecure location. How would it be best to keep the security of the ssl and create a link from the secure web calendar of events to unsecure supporting documents on another server. When the user uses the calendar of events, since it is dynamic, the users login information is passed along so the user views their information. This is what i was thinking, would it be possible to pass the users Login information to a store procedure in remote server (which would only be listening for the web servers ip address) THis procedure would then pass back to the website (at a different ip) the urls to the images. My main issue is avoiding the security prompts created from importing unsecure info and clicking a link to unsecure info FROM a secured. Any suggestions on how i can do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Text data type in sql server

hi , can any one tell me how "text" data type is used in sql server especially in writing stored procedures.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MS sql server to MS access

my web system ( asp code ) is build in sql server database. After i change or convert to access database. my web system got an error ( Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E07) Data type mismatch in criteria expression. ) pls help me and tell me why this happen and how to solve it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Creating Table With Programming in server

hi I restored my database in my server but as I heard I should create My tables with programming and put them in db folder to make them known for server But I dont know how to do that Becouse in my own PC with IIS I just create them in SQLSERVER and there was no problem please help and guide me tanx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

help....can't even install SQL server in XP!

Hi all, i need help for the installation.. SQL server 2000 gave me the error "The logon account cannot be validated for the SQL service . Verify that the user name and password entered are correct. The logon attempt failed." I used my windows XP administrator account username and password .. why it won't allowed me to install using a Domain user account instead of the local system account\t The funny thing is that i did installed SQL server before but the SQL server service cannot be logon when i tried to use it..so i reformatted my HD. Please help.....i do not wish to reformat my HD again or use the local system account during the installation. Local System account vs Domain User account.. which is better\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL server Reporting services

I have generated reports using SQL server reporting services 2000. I need to put a print button in the report tool bar which will prints the content displayed in the report(only the report content). Can any body tell me how to enable the print option in the tool bar.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL server DSN

hello, how to setup SQL server DSN in windows XP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL server remote connection error

I am getting this error when I execute a query on a remote server. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionCheckForData (CheckforData()). [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]General network error. Check your network documentation. Connection Broken This only happens when my query is run between these dates '5/1/2003' '5/30/2003' The query returs an extended cost- I have checked the totals for that quarter is over 1900000.00 If I run for the first quarter of this year the total is just under 1800000.00 and it executes fine. here is my query SELECT TOP 15 t.description, Amount = CASE WHEN t.Extcost_priceUSD IS NULL THEN 0 ELSE t.Extcost_priceUSD END FROM ( SELECT DISTINCT a.description, (SELECT sum(d.Extcost_priceUSD) FROM POS_DataTable d WHERE d.description = a.description AND d.ship_date >= '5/1/2003' AND d.ship_date = '5/1/2003' AND ship_date
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

relocating datafile in sql server

hi could any one please tell me how to relocate datafile in sql server TIA Anand
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

SQLServer 2008R2 reporting service

Applogies but this quesiton is related to sql2008 but there not option for that in the above category. Anyway here is my quesiton: While executing the reports for sql server 2008R2 (from VS2010 code). The reporting service's FindItems "rs.FindItems" include one more parameter searchOptions and when I create this object and set it's values, it is always complaining about the value which is being set i.e. Property searchoptions = new Property(); searchoptions.Name = "Report_1"; searchoptions.Value = item.Trim(); it just doesn't like this name and doesn't parse and throws an error "The value for name is not valid" but if I set the name like this: searchoptions.Name = "Name"; it then parse but throws an "Object reference not set to an instance..." error. So the quesiton is what is the valid value for this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

I cant view my triggers in SQL 2008

, I have a problem in viewing the triggers, I cant display the triggers like the sp in SQL Server 2008, I can create them in the script but I have to select them in the script to view them, is there any way to view them like the sp.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Intellisense in SQL server 2008

Hi when I use my adventureworks database tables for running my test queries my IntelliSense works fine but when I connect to our network database servers and try to run any queries there is no IntelliSense which makes it little uneasy to type the full table names Is there a way i can get the inteliisense working on my network database servers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem in runnin asp under sql server (2005)windows authentication.plz help!!

i want to run asp under sqlserver 2005 windows authentication .for this i have written the connection string as:- set connadmin = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") strpath = Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH") connstr = "Driver={SQL Server}; Server=PERSONAL-AF5588\SQLEXPRESS;Database=cwcom;Trusted_Connectio n=Yes;" 'connstr="Provider=SQLOLEDB;Trusted_Connection=Yes ;Initial Catalog=cwcom;Data Source=PERSONAL-AF5588\SQLEXPRESS;" connadmin.open(connstr) connadmin.cursorlocation = 3 But the erre is coming as Cannot open database "cwcom" requested by the login. The login failed. plz help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do I update the SQL Server 2008 to include the studio?

How do I update the SQL Server 2008 to include the studio Here is what I currently have on my machine: I assume I am supposed to clidk on "SQL Server Installation Center" From there I get this window: and I assume I am supposed to click on the first item on the right side, "New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation". Is this right When I do this, I am asked to "Browse For Folder" but every folder I have picked so far has been denied. What do I do I have even reinstalled everything from scratch off a network, and I still have this problem.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!