version to donwload

I am little confused as to what MySQL version to download and install in my machine.

In the PHPMyAdmin homepage I see this entry:

Software version: 5.1.63-community - MySQL Community Server (GPL)

As I understand this must be old and the latest being MySQL Community Server 5.5.

Should I download the above you think Are there big differences
Posted On: Sunday 30th of December 2012 11:23:09 PM Total Views:  244
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Conversion question

hi im attempting to amend a stored procedure so that certain records have a money field overwritten with 'TBA' rather than the value as these are not confirmed yet so dont want to show them... i have SELECT TOP 1 CourseID, (Case when year >'2009' then 'TBA' else TuitionFee end) as TuitionFee, (Case when year >'2009' then 'TBA' else MaterialsFee end) as MaterialsFee, (Case when year >'2009' then 'TBA' else ResidFee end) as ResidFee, (Case when year >'2009' then 'TBA' else ExamFee end) as ExamFee, (Case when year >'2009' then 'TBA' else OtherFees end) as OtherFees, (Case when year >'2009' then 'TBA' else TotalFee end) as TotalFee FROM dbo.Courses However the Fees fields are all money fields so i get an error - Cannot convert a char value to money. The char value has incorrect syntax. How do i include a convert/cast to get this working in the assignment of a text string ('TBA') to a money datatype
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Default Access 97 executables and other versions of Access I have a few questions re

I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as we don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and some of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer technology! We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms) into Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of Access due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are locked down). Do we need to purchase anything to produce stand alone executables which could be used on any pc regardless of which version of Access is installed instead of using mdb/mde files Would stand alone executables have all the functionality of mdb/mde files Would this overcome the Office XXX version problem Will newer versions of Windows become an issue (we're on a mixture of 2000 and XP at the moment) Are there any issues with going down this route
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Datetime conversion

i am new to this all. surely there is an easy way to convert the time element of a datetime into seconds. for example: '2009-08-14 13:20:01' data changed to 48001 because thats how many seconds there have been today. my first guess was : time_to_sec(convert(varchar, datetime, 108)) but that time_to_sec only seems to work in mysql please help john
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to install SQL Server Management Studio over "trial version"

Greetings all: I have a server that's used for Terminal Services to run a workstation application. That application has a database backend on another server. I installed for myself and other application administrators a copy of SQL Server Management Studio. Unfortunately I didn't know that the disk I was installing from had a trial version of SQL 2005. So now I have two problems: 1) The ****ing management studio has "expired" (what genius thought that one up) 2) I don't have access to a management studio install. WTF do I do This really makes me angry at Microsoft! We have a licensed database, and all I want is a valid way to manage the database (I'm DBO, not DBA), and I can't find any tools. I can see on Microsoft's site is stuff meant for use with the express editions. Do I have any options System: Windows Server 2003 R2 Service Pack 2 Microsoft SQL Server 2005 TIA [EDIT] I should add that I would be willing to use the SQL 2008 Management tools. We no longer have any SQL 2000 instances running, and I'm relatively sure that the 2008 management studio will connect to 2005 but not 2000.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Advice on best SQL version / Product

Coming from using Access for years but want to start using MS SQL, I would like some advice on which is best to use as there are some many versions of SQL. The server is installed with SQL 2005 Work Group edition, I want to install a version of my laptop/desktop that can: - hook onto the server DB - design a DB on my local machine and test websites locally, and then upload on to the server With Access you can just upload/download the MDB file, but SQL seems a bit different, can I do this in a similar way
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Object database

can i store a .pdf file or .ppt file in object database as an object and how can i retrive them Is it possible plz the reply is very much required
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

distinct column

I have a utility that uploads to a SQL table and gives each record a unique key. The utility checks all the records for a marker to see if it has been uploaded or not. Occasionally it will not mark the record and upload two or three times or more. Since it generates a unique key on upload, how do you run a query that will find and delete all the duplicates and leave on of the original records that were duplicated I have about 25 fields in the SQL table, and the "id" is the SQL table key, and the invoice is the key from my original table that I upload from. So if I have invoice numbers 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5 you can see that I have to delete one of the records with an invoice of "2." The problem is that I have about 131,000 records and about 30,000 duplicates. How can I fix this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to truncate while doing "insert into"

I'm using insert into to take data from one table and write it to another. The only problem is some of the data contains more than 8 characters, the limit for the field in the table it is being inserted into. Anyone know how to truncate the data down to 8 characters while doing the insert into statement
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

runtime error '800a005e'

hi ! Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005e' Invalid use of Null /ResultsAdv.asp, line 460 i have a page that searches for something , when i search it returns the correct results but with the above error, but the thing is sometime the error is there and sometimes it's not so i dont know what the problem is, can please someone explain it to me. responce really appreciated!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What datatype?

What is the difference between int and numeric I want to have a datatype storing number 1 to 20. What datatype should I use (int or numeric(2)) I want to store timestamp - what should be the datatype Sanjay Masawan sanjaym@bsil.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MS SQL Limit number of records returned (n00b)

all! I am a new green web designer fresh out of college. I didn't have the luxury of being taught MS SQL in school, but I did learn mySQL. For my current project I am converting an old website to MS SQL from Access. Despite the weird changes that had to be done to the code to get things to work, it's gone smoothly otherwise. The problem is that on this one query that I create, I need to limit the range of rows that come out. I've looked the internet over high and low, even paying some sites that claimed to have the answer (lesson learned). What I'm trying to do is this QUERY: SELECT *,navigation.pageid AS nPageid FROM [pagetext] INNER JOIN [navigation] ON pagetext.[index] = navigation.pageid WHERE pagetext.[index] = navigation.pageid AND pagetext.bDelete = 0 ORDER BY document LIMIT 20,30 or more sepcifaiclly "SELECT *,navigation.pageid AS nPageid FROM [pagetext] INNER JOIN [navigation] ON pagetext.[index] = navigation.pageid WHERE pagetext.[index] = navigation.pageid AND pagetext.bDelete = 0 ORDER BY document LIMIT " & var1 & " , " & var2 & " ;" I've searched the net, and the closest thing I could find that could do this is SELECT TOP 20 That doesn't have a range you can select (20-30)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

inserting problem

, I am having a problem with inserting a value into a table. Here is my code: sql = "INSERT INTO AnthonyInbox (MessageID, Sender, Subject, Message, Date)"+ "VALUES('" + msgNum + "','" + from + "','" + subject + "','" + mainMsg + "','" + date + " ')"; cmd = new SqlCommand(sql, con); cmd.ExecuteNonQuery(); msgNum, from, subject, and date are succesfully entered in the table, but mainMsg is blank in the table. I have check that mainMsg contains some string, but for some reasons won't enter the value in the table. Below is the definition of the table: MessageID varchar 50 Sender varchar 50 Subject varchar 200 Message varchar 8000 Date varchar 50 PLEASE help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

SQL for a thesaurus

I have a DB called Words, with the single table Thesaurus. Each row has a varying number of related synonyms. The columns are numerically named from 1 to 256. One word per column. I need a MySQL query that will select 5 random synoynyms from each row, based on one of my existing keywords. Can someone please assist
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!