Urgent! Please help. Can't insert!

I am running SQL2000 on W2k server. Everything was working fine untill sometime yesterday. in a sudden, I was not able to insert into my database table. I can do select, and I can even run sp_columns on the table, but when I try to INSERT, I get the following error ...

Server: Msg 208, Level 16, State 3, Line 4
Invalid object name [tablename].

The insert statment should be working fine as they were run before the problem occurs! Has anyone ran into this before Any input is appreciated!

Posted On: Wednesday 21st of November 2012 01:36:38 AM Total Views:  190
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

I cant view my triggers in SQL 2008

, I have a problem in viewing the triggers, I cant display the triggers like the sp in SQL Server 2008, I can create them in the script but I have to select them in the script to view them, is there any way to view them like the sp.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Joins and Query...please help

I am trying to figure out how to Create a join on two tables and then query that join... Join SELECT * FROM DatabaseA INNER JOIN DatabaseB ON DatabaseA.Field3 = DatabaseB.Field7 THen once I have the join do I need to run another query pointing to the join SELECT * from DatabaseA.Field3 WHERE Field9 = "435" I am just a bit confused on the the process and what to do in SQL server. I am trying to access tha data on the fly in a 3rd party app....but running SQL statements... I guess qwhat I am asking is do I write two queries Connected to the DB, Join, Query the Join Or is there antoher way. Any thoughts woudl be very appreciated. THanks
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help on stored procedure that inserts & selects

hello, I'm working on a page that has a grid and a calendar. I want to have the grid display data based on what the user clicks in the grid. It could be one day or many days. I had a store proc that selected records and it worked alright, if the data was already there. The problem is when I don't have the data there. ( This is a timesheet app and I know my design might not be great - hence my problems). Anyway, I was trying to combine an insert and select into one store proc, thinking this could help me, but it seems like it only helps me when I have one row of data - unless you know how to do this. How do I make my SP insert work when there is a range of dates Maybe not possible...... Here's my code Code: ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.TESTING ( @PRESENT int, @TSKey int , @Tdate datetime, @TotHours int, @Amend datetime , @beginTime as datetime, @endTime as Datetime ) AS IF ( @PRESENT =1 ) BEGIN --TEST INSERT INTO TIMEDATA (tkey,TDate) values (@TSKey,@Tdate) where ( tdate = @beginTime) --this does not work where tdate > @begindate and tdate < @enddate END ELSE BEGIN UPDATE TimeData SET TotHours = @TotHours , AuthAMend = @AMend where tkey = @tskey and TDate=@Tdate END
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Finding Auto ID during "insert into"

Not sure if this is the right place, but I figure if you know SQL you'll know this. I'm inserting data into a DB from a form. The DB is auto-incrementing the ID #. Thing is, I need to know what that ID is on the same page as the insert comand. As I'm writing I'm thinking that I need to run a query that tells me how many records are in the table after the insert query and that should tell me what the last id was, yes Is there a better way to do it T.I.A.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How insert string into dtb

I use this statement to insert string value in my test dtb is it correct Code: strSql = "UPDATE guestbook SET" _ & " isapproved = '1'" _ & " WHERE gid =" & arr_idcount(c)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

can't insert data into mssql through my asp code.. :(

hi here's my asp code: Code: i can successfully connect to my database, but it seems i can't insert the data i want into it. Every time i execute the script, the following message appeared: Code: Error Type: (0x80040E07) /mcrs/store_registration.asp, line 24 line 24 here refers to Code: set R = conn.execute(strSQL) could anyone tell me where i went wrong any help is greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

dsn problem?????urgent

hi... at one server my asp files & at other server my sql database. i had created dsn for connection.....and now i m using this dsn to my asp files which is at other server......it gives me invalid connection or connection is closed........ can any one tell me proper way to uset it......... its urgent..........thanx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to insert a banner between news?

I get a news-list with 4 items back from a SQL-query. That already works fine. Now I want to insert a banner after the 2nd news. Let's keep it simple, if blnBanner = true then how can I do it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!