Open table in Query Analyzer

In query Analyzer you can right click on a table and select open. When you do it opens the table as if you were in Enterprise Manager(you can edit the data).

Does anyone know the syntax of how to write that in a query so you do not have to right click and select open
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 12:08:05 AM Total Views:  334
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Classic ASP AddNew record to MsSQL table

Having trouble with a classic asp page, that gives a HTTP 500 - Internal server error when I try to add a new record to a table. I'm guessing the formatting needs to be changed. It was working fine when I was using in a .mdb database Code: rsTicketReviewUpdate.Open "SNA_Ticket_Reviews", adoCon rsTicketReviewUpdate.AddNew rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("MAIN_TICKET_ID") = Request.Form("MainTicketID") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("MTTR_Drivers") = Request.Form("MTTR_Drivers") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("MTTR_Actions") = Request.Form("MTTR_Actions") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("OTR_Drivers") = Request.Form("OTR_Drivers") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("OTR_Actions") = Request.Form("OTR_Actions") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("Misc_Notes") = Request.Form("Misc_Notes") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("AdjRpt") = Request.Form("AdjRpt") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("RptCauseInfo") = Request.Form("RptCauseInfo") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("AdjZ_Location") = Request.Form("AdjZLocation") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("AdjXO_CIRCUIT_ID") = Request.Form("AdjXO_CIRCUIT_ID") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("AdjMTTR") = FormatNumber((Request.Form("AdjMTTR")), 2) rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("AdjMTTR_Reason") = Request.Form("AdjMTTR_Reason") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("AdjOTR") = FormatNumber((Request.Form("AdjOTR")), 2) rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("AdjOTR_Reason") = Request.Form("AdjOTR_Reason") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("AdjPRIORITY") = Request.Form("AdjPRIORITY") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Fields("AdjPRIORITY_Reason") = Request.Form("AdjPRIORITY_Reason") rsTicketReviewUpdate.Update rsTicketReviewUpdate.Close
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Transfer data between two tables in a database

Hi all, I am using MsSQL 5.0 server database. I need to transfer the data from one table to another within a SQL database based on the particular time interval. Is it possible to transfer data among the tables a database automatically. Please help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

A little help with a stored procedure- how to update from one table to another

I want to update an existing table from another table. I would like to take the id# from table1 and insert it into table#2 and also update other columns in table #2 with getdate(). I am doing the following. I tried putting the 'studid' inside the parentheses, but it didn't like this... Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you. Code: ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.updCourseRoster AS INSERT INTO [COURSE ROSTER] (DATEADDED,TIMEADDED) VALUES(GETDATE(),GETDATE()), STUDID = STUDENTSMG.STUDENTID SELECT STUDENTID FROM STUDENTSMG WHERE STUDENTSMG.NOTES LIKE '"XLS SOURCE"'
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Displaying SQL table headers & data

Hi , I created a small website about 2 years ago now, and haven't looked at it since. However, I created it with a couple of SQL tables, and now can't remember all the header names to the tables. I remember seeing a nifty bit of code back in the day which when pointed at a table, automatically output the headers (field names) and all the data into a field. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Stored Procedure - Delete some rows (table)

How to I return the row count as result of deleting some rows from a table This this script correct below\t Here's my stored procedure script.. Code: CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.sp_CleanUp_Table_tblSoldRaw /*************************************************************** ** CREATED: 12/04/2006 **************************************************************** ** DESCRIPTION: Clean the tblSoldRaw by deleting any data that ** is over 90 days old. We need keep the database ** as small as possible so the performance won't ** suffer on the server's and the client's machine. ** **************************************************************** ** NOTES: Hooked up to BookItOut Data Importer Windows Service **************************************************************** ** MODIFICATIONS: ** ** DATE WHO MODIFICATION DESCRIPTION ** ------------------------------------------------------------- ** ***************************************************************/ /*************************************************************** ** Uses: tblSoldRaw ***************************************************************/ AS DELETE FROM tblSoldRaw WHERE TIMESTAMP > (GETDATE() - 90) RETURN ROWCOUNT ERROR_HANDLER: RETURN -1 SET NOCOUNT OFF
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL 2000 TO MS ACCESS DTS error message "opened exclusively by another user"

I would like to password protect my MS Access Database which is being exported to from SQL 2000 using DTS, but when I password protect it, I get an error message stating "The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user". The ACCESS file has to be opened exclusively to add password protection. Any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Insert Records from select query into table

I am using a linked server to extract records from a third party system and need to be able to insert these records into a existing table. I have set up the jobs to delete all records at scheduled times and need to reload the table with current data by utilizing the jobs also. Any assistance would be appreciated. cheers Frank
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do I design secure databases/tables?

I'm working on a project which will require storage of ssn's, credit card numbers and other various sensitive data. Currently I'm using a web host with SQL 2000, my database is in a shared hosting environment. My question and concern is, before I start storing any type of sensitive data, what do I need to know about storing data like this Should it be stored encrypted Should I use a non-shared SQL Server Also, is there a correct way to design this type of information storage I'd appreciate any info, experiences or any information that you can share.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Delete all records from all tables

Hi , I was testing on my project. Asp.net and MSSQL. Now i need to clean up all tables, means delete all rows from all tables. and also want my primary keys to start up from one again.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Stored procedures and temporary tables

Hi I am using microsoft sql server 2000 with an access 2003 data project front end. I would like to create a temporary table in a stored procedure and base a form upon this temporary tabole is this possible and if so how Dont know much about how temporary tables work i.e when they are destroyed.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Search in all tables

Within a DB in Enterprise Mgr, how can I search for a phrase within all of the tables For example, there may be text that says, "Tangopeer's Homepage". How would I find it If the answer is to use SQL Query Analyzer, I couldn't figure it out there, either.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to open and see data in Tables of MSSQLServer Database

Hallo Now I have to analyse so many Software systems that my company is using and I have to extract the Datamodels behind these systems. One of these systems is developed with a MSSQLserver backend. Now I have to open this server tables and see the table structures and data directly how we see in Access. Please help me by telling the way to open this database. any help is very much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Copy entire table on web

, I want to transfer the complete table with all the contents to the SQL Server 2000 on a Web Server. Enterprise Manager is not getting connected. Is there any query or other method to copy the entire table. Thanx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Checking a table before deleting

I am a new bie to SQL programming and in need to alter a stored procedure that will delete records in couple of tables. I have to alter the stored procedure such that it should check for a value in a requestno table and the stored procedure should delete only if it finds null in uwdecision column else it should give a validation that it cannot be deleted Below is the Stored procedure Code: ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[RequestInformatio] ( @reqno numeric(15) ) AS SET NOCOUNT ON BEGIN begin tran DELETE FROM RequestInformation WHERE requestno = @reqno DELETE FROM request_check_list_item WHERE requestno = @reqno commit tran END In the above Stored Procedure I wanted to add a validation such that the Stored procedure should delete only if approveddate column for a reqno in Reportno Table is null otherwise it should not delete. the tables used in the stored procedure are joined using the reqno column
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Edit binary type in open rows page

Hi well I know that it is a little funny but I don't know how to edit the binary type variables from right click on table and open rows most of the time I have to use query analyzer to do this to insert or update the table but I need to work in a real table
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Cannot open database

i tried to open a database on my MS SQL Server 2000, but appears the following message; -Error 946:Cannot open database "MyDatabase" version 515. Upgrade the database to the latest version.- how can i upgrade "MyDatabase" to MS SQL Server 2000
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "TestDB" requested

i'm trying to remote access the database via a web service. My database connection is written in the web service. when i debug the web service in visual studio 2008, it works fine. But when i publish the web service and access it via localhost it gives this error System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "TestDB" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'MYUSER\ASPNET'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Com pleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Att emptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Log inNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Ope nLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ct or(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateC onnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.Creat ePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateOb ject(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCrea teRequest(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConne ction(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(Data Set dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable) at WebService1.Service1.dataconn(String sqlquery) in C:\Documents and Settings\myuser\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WebService1\WebService1\Service.asmx .cs:line 39 My code in web service is namespace WebService1 { /// /// Summary description for Service1 /// [WebService(Namespace = "")] [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)] [ToolboxItem(false)] // To allow this Web Service to be called from script, using ASP.NET AJAX, uncomment the following line. [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService] public class Service1 : System.Web.Services.WebService { [WebMethod] public DataTable dataconn(string sqlquery) { SqlConnection sqlcon = new SqlConnection("Data Source=10.179.3.91;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial Catalog=TestDB;User Id=MYUSER\\ASPNET;Password=**********#;Integrated Security=True;"); DataTable dt = new DataTable(); dt.TableName = "MyTable"; DataSet ds = new DataSet(); SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter(sqlquery, sqlcon); da.Fill(dt); return dt; } } } can anyone help me to sort out this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

maximum open cursors exceeded

hi, i got this exception: maximum open cursors exceeded throws at Trigger Anyone know how to solve!!! Please advise me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SIMPLE open, write, close example anyone?

SIMPLE open, write, close example anyone Hi - just wondering if anyone had a SIMPLE example of html page with asp code opening, getting name, writing name, close \t\t I need a SQL (not Access example). It would be much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server

Hi Friends, I developed a small application for practicing asp.net 2.0 and sql server 2005 - Northwind Database (Using tool VS2005). Everything going fine but suddenly one day my application stop accessing sql server 2005, start giving following error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) I removed and reinstall sql 2005, but problem is still there. I tried every solution, got on google by typing error message but...... My web confing connection string is as follows: (I don't think there is any problem in connection string, because it works fine previously) I can access database by using Sql Server Management Studio Express. May be, by mistake I did some changes in sql server settings, but don't know now whats that Please help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!