ODBC connection to two databases

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect to multiple databases in one connection.

I have an application where i can only select one connectionstring or ODBC.
Posted On: Monday 26th of November 2012 01:20:08 AM Total Views:  236
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server

Hi Friends, I developed a small application for practicing asp.net 2.0 and sql server 2005 - Northwind Database (Using tool VS2005). Everything going fine but suddenly one day my application stop accessing sql server 2005, start giving following error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) I removed and reinstall sql 2005, but problem is still there. I tried every solution, got on google by typing error message but...... My web confing connection string is as follows: (I don't think there is any problem in connection string, because it works fine previously) I can access database by using Sql Server Management Studio Express. May be, by mistake I did some changes in sql server settings, but don't know now whats that Please help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Comparing two colums in different tables using a join to find non match?

and gals, I have two tables and need to delete some strays in two related tables. The column names are idProduct and Product_id. I wrote an asp script to import and reverse an import except I had forgotten to reverse one of the two tables. So consiquently there are 151 stray records that I need to find. How would I write a join, or not to find these strays and delete them Thank you so much in advance. cbadchris
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Concatenate two columns into one?

How to concatenate two columns into a new column in SQL Server 2000 For example: Column1: Hong Column2: Kong then I would like Column3 to have 'Hong Kong' auto populated. Note: I want the syntax in the 'Formula' field in Enterprise Manager, not stored procedures. Does anyone know
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

two databases

I have two databases inside sql server 2000 both have access 2000 as the GUI user interface. How can I make an interface between the two of them. Like a command button that take you to a table in a different database how do I go about doing that\t can anyone help\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

View over multiple databases

i have 2 databases (on 1 instance of sql server) i would like a view in database A bases on data in database B 1) is this possible 2) if yes, how do i do this 3) how are permissions and user involved
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!