not able to run Microsoft Quickstart examples

, I've installed the.NET Framework SDK
Now I want to view one of the quickstart examples
but I get the following error-page.

Server Error in '/QuickStart/ASPPlus' Application.

SQL Server does not exist or access denied

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution
of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does
not exist or access denied

Source Error
Code: The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL: 1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example: or: 2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application: Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode. Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario. Stack Trace

Code: [SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.] System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) +472 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +383 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState) +44 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +304 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +36 _ASP.datalist1_aspx.Page_Load(Object Sender, EventArgs E) +95 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

I saved the samplecode to my local server, did the two steps mentioned in the 'source code area' but still I get the same error.
Does anybody know what my problem is
I have Microsoft SQL Server Service Manager version 8.00.194 installed!

Please help me out!
Thx for your time

deef
Posted On: Saturday 10th of November 2012 05:08:53 AM Total Views:  97
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Insert into table problem!

I'm trying to add data to 14 tables, and I can insert data to some tables, but not others because of foreign key constraints....and the error message (for example): Server: Msg 547, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'fk_Gift_Notes'. The conflict occurred in database 'master', table 'Customer', column 'Customer_No'. The statement has been terminated. How do I get around this/what am I doing wrong I can only insert data into 5/14 tables Thanx for your help!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Join tables help

Could somebody please explain to me how do we join a table onto itself as that is what I was advised to do but I can't quite get where I want to go. What I want to do is list values from a table,but those values can be just a quote (what would cost if they decided to go for that option) or those values can represent what was spent and invoiced, what is confusing me is that all of that gets saved in the same table and in same columns, so what was quoted for example for AirFares and what was spent gets saved in the same record but when it is "quoted amount" then ID = 1 but when it is invoiced ID = -1 and that is how we know what was quoted and what was invoiced. But I need to split that one field into two columns one showing AirFareQuoted and one AirFareInvoiced and i have no idea how to achieve this. I hope this makes sense and somebody can help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Bad Directory - DTS - Global Variables

I am trying to set Global Variable that will open a txt file and import the data into a sql table. I am currently using the sample I found at sqldts.com (Looping, Importing and Archiving). When I set the variable for filename = dbo.cadfilepath.filename, I get a Bad Directory error. My filename data is stored in another table - I am looking for the best approach to calling the filename from the table = cadfilepath and opening the actual text file and importing the data into my project table. ie. Table = CADFilepath(pathname, projectnum) Pathname ProjectNum \\Seasc-Shared\Spln\Shared\Forecast\00000-000.txt 00000-000 \\Seasc-Shared\Spln\Shared\Forecast\00000-001.txt 00000-001 \\Seasc-Shared\Spln\Shared\Forecast\00000-002.txt 00000-002 I want to access the info in CADFIlePath and then open the first record's text file and import this data into my Project Table, then repeat the process until .EOF. I know this sounds confusing and I can email you my documentation - since this website does not allow for attachments. Any assistances is greatly appreciated. Karen
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Moving data from one SQL table to another

I am new to using SQL and I wonder if someone could give me a bit of assistance. I need to be able to move records from one SQL table to another, but I also need to read the previous entry in one of the columns and increment the number by one each time I move a record over. Can anyone help because I am completely lost.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Displaying a multiple tables recordset

Does ANYONE know how to display a record from a recordset which consists of multiple tablesI've already tried rs.fields("tablename.fieldna me").value and about a zillion other methods but nothing seems to work.please help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

unable to insert into the database

,i created a table. example : testfieldnames are : col1 , col2 , col3when i am going to insert into the col3 i am getting error. is beacause of the in fieldname.if there is a in field name , what is method Dim objDBDim objRSDim sDBNamesDBName = "driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};dbq=e:example.mdb"Set objDB = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")objDB.O pen sDBNameSet objRS = objDB.Execute("insert into test(col1,col2,col3) values('" & a & "','" & b & "','" & c & "')")it is working with first two field names. i am getting error with 3rd field name because of in the field name (i think) what is the solution
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Merging two records from the same table in SELECT

I have a function that returns author name to a given title. It is based on the table [title_has_author]: title author 1 1 1 2 2 3 The function only returns and cleans the name of the first author. I'd like it to do the same with the second (or n authors), but I'm nonplussed.. Can anybody help Here's the function: ALTER FUNCTION [dbo].[fn_getAuthors](@idTitle int) RETURNS VARCHAR(MAX) AS BEGIN declare @p VARCHAR(max) declare @r VARCHAR(max) set @p='' select @p = @p + a.first_name + ' ' + a.last_name + ', ' from author a, title_has_author tha where a.idauthor = tha.author and tha.title = @idTitle select @r = case when right(rtrim(@p),1) = ',' then substring(rtrim(@p),1,len(rtrim(@p))-1) else @p END -- check if we have managed to get authors. If not - try to get it from the title table IF @r IS NULL BEGIN SELECT @r = a.descAuthor FROM Author a, Title_has_author tha WHERE a.idAuthor = tha.author AND tha.title = @idTitle END return @r END
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Nested SELECT statement to count table

Hi I'm trying to run a count statement i also want a sum of that count column which i have created for count SELECT SUM(NoofClients) AS Total ( SELECT Description, COUNT(Company) AS NoofClients FROM locations, clients WHERE locations.LocationId=clients.LocationId AND Description Like '%Bedfordshire%' GROUP BY Description ) can anyone suggest how doest it will work.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Adding a new table to an existing database structure?

Hi all, how are you I Have a question regarding the above heading. I'm certain you can add tables to an existing database, but what are the complications, concerns you should bare in mind Can I add it anywhere in the database structure or should it be added to the nearest table in the structure Essentially, I was hoping to get some pointers before I add a new table in my database. Kind regards MG
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Error msg: Operation must use an updateable query

I'm trying to insert data into a database with a web form and I get the message "Operation must use an updateable query" when I try the page using my own web server. When I upload the pages to a ASP.Net hosting service the page works fine. On my own server I've enabled write permissions on the database and database directory and it still doesn't work.I'm running windows XP with IIS 5.1 using an MSAccess database.Can someone suggest a possible solution please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with deleting/updating table data

I have a very simple table for Status. No primary key. name table: tblStatus Column: Status Records: Approved Approved Mgt. On Order Delivered Well, I needed to add "Need Business Case" to this table...but instead of me just adding it I accidentally added "Delivered" again, so now I have two Delivered but if I try to change one or delete them i get the following message: "Key Column information is insufficient or incorrect. Too many rows were affected by update." Doing this through SQL Enterprise Manager. I was able to add Need Business Case but how can I get rid of the extra "Delivered". Help please!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Stored Procedures - one form into two tables

Code: CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.spAddShippingAddress (@OneA varchar(50), @TwoA varchar(50)) AS INSERT INTO (aXOne (OneA), aXTwo (TwoA)) VALUES (@OneA, @TwoA) GO I'm having problems with the stored procedure above. I have one form and I want to update two tables.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Export table structure

! Is there a way to export table structure to a sql script in Asp.Net Enterprise Manager I need a script, because the database is on a hosting server, so the only way to do this is through the query analyzer. Thank you in advance for replying!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MSSQL Encrypted Tables

I want to be able to store and encrpyt credit cards useing mssql. I cant find anything in google, if anyone knows any articles, post, tutorials or just point me in the right direction please let me know. I have no clue about where to start so anything will help. Programing in ASP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Programatically Creating A SQL Table?

Hi. I have a situation. I have a table - "sometable". my users store their personal information in "sometable". My situation is that when they access the table, how do i return unique information (this particular user's data) versus the information that is stored for everybody in a given row a workaround, i figured, was to programatically create a unique table each time a new user registers called "newuser@isp.com_sometable" but, i have a STRONG feeling that there is a MUCH easier way to do this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Query two tables with related data

i have this query select distinct drawer, packagetype, doctype from document where drawer = 'abul' returns drawer-packtype-doctype ABUL 1000 0 ABUL 1015 0 ABUL 1017 0 ABUL 9999 NOTE ABUL 1000 RECO ABUL 1000 MISC ABUL 1000 EMAI ABUL 1000 TEST ABUL 1000 FX i have another table named packtype. it has columns packagetype & description. Instead of showing the packtype in the original query, i want to show the description from the packtype table.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

INNER JOIN 2 tables

, I'm pretty sure you won't have too much trouble with this question. I'm not sure how to do this. I have 2 tables. One is called Links another one called Category. In Links table I have different links with a CategoryID which is also in the category table. Now on my coldfusion page, I am displaying the different categories from the Category table. What I want is to only display the category if there is a link in the Links table with the CategoryID of a category if not display nothing.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Table Locks

I have a table that has three related tables via foreign keys. The relation are not always used. There is an update routine and insert rotine that only touches the main table. However, it looks like it is locking the other three tables even though they are not called. Is this normal behavior for SQL, or is it a configuration issue
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Select to check id with parent id in same table

Example: org_id parent_id = the id value of another row in table I was wondering if there's a select or any other way for me to Open a table display an entry and all the entries with a parent id equal to the org_id
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Linking Tables to multiple databases

Is it possible to link one table in MSDE 2000 to another databases on the same server example. Database "A" and "B" both have a table call "tblemployee". If data is changed in on Database "A" tblemployee is updated to Database "B" tblemployee
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!