need help setting up sql on a mac

hello,
I am taking a web development class and I need some help.

long story short we are making an online store. We are using javascript, php, apache, ajax, and sql. the javascript I have under control at the moment. I have php and pacha turned on. I have installed mysql on my mac. I need to know where I would need to save the database on my mac so I can use it with my website. I would also love some kind of sql editor for mac if you have any suggestions. I have tried phpmyadmin but it won't let me login for some reason.

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer.

Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:15:27 AM Total Views:  251
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Log Shipping Over WAN

Anybody know of a good articles discussing setting up log shipping over a wan through VPN I have read it is possible but cannot find a good resource for research.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Delete all records from all tables

Hi , I was testing on my project. Asp.net and MSSQL. Now i need to clean up all tables, means delete all rows from all tables. and also want my primary keys to start up from one again.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Please Help! CryptoAPI Error

Earlier today, we were getting time out errors when trying to run a query. We could access some files, but when we tried to access a particular file, we got a time out error. We rebooted the server, and now we're running into the following error when we simply try to open a connection to the database from our web server: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]CryptoAPI function 'CryptAcquireContext' failed. Error 0x57: The parameter is incorrect. I've seached around, and I can't find out what this error is, or how to fix it. Any insite is appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Bulk Update

Hiya, We have a table which contains attachments for related cases. These attachments are stored like this: Y:\Inprotech_Casedocuments\Patent\E30692GB\2008-1-29-E30692GB-EPT Client Report Filing National Phase.doc Y:\Inprotech_Casedocuments\Patent\G30692GB\2008-1-29-G30692GB-EPT Client Report Filing National Phase.doc I need to update all of them (nearly 84000 records!) to remove the first folder and create a folder out of the main folder names first letter. So the above would become: Y:\Patent\E\E30692GB\2008-1-29-E30692GB-EPT Client Report Filing National Phase.doc Y:\Patent\G\G30692GB\2008-1-29-G30692GB-EPT Client Report Filing National Phase.doc
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Copy server database to my pc

I backed up the server database and put it on my pc. Now, I have no idea how to restore it to my pc. I would like to work on the database on my pc if possible. When I try to restore it, it wants to restore it to the server it came from. How in the heck do I do this I didnt detach it first - maybe that's why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Length of Data types??

Hi frends i wanted to know what exactly does the length of a data type in DB means! For example: length of data type "int" is 4. Does that mean that it can have a int of length 4 digits(example: 9999) or does it mean 2^4(2 raise to power 4) = 16\t thanx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL searching help

I want to have an sql query that can search within a column, for a specific word, within a few lines of text. ie: fruit: banana apple pear orange search for apple, and that list is output Using MS Access database Forgive the fruit analogy. lol
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dynamic Database Name

Hi , I have a question, how can I put an SQL statement with a dynamic database name I really don't know, is it like Declare $dbname varchar(30) select * from $dbname.dbo.Customer => $dbname is the variable but this is wrong, does anyone know the good sql statement
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Query Data Option - DTS

Im connecting 2 sql servers one has source data the other is for publishing the data. When i use the query option on DTS i can put in a sql string, says its okay and also will complete successfully but i can't see any data being added to my table. Why is this happening
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with dropdownlist and stored procecedure

I managed to pass values to the stored procedure by entering the values into the parameters collection successfully using a webform generated code below:Me.OleDbCommand1.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("PARAM_SCHOOL_COD E", System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarChar, 4000, System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte), "", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Current, "testing"))May I know how to pass the value selected from a databound dropdownlist to the stored procedureI tried to change the web form generated code "testing" to str(a selected value from the dropdownlist but it doesn't work)changed webform generated code:Me.OleDbCommand1.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("PARAM_SCHOOL_COD E", System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarChar, 4000, System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte), "", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Current, str))VB code:Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load OleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet11) DropDownList1.DataBind() End Sub Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim objReturnValue As Object OleDbConnection1.Open() Dim str As String str = DropDownList1.SelectedItem.Text objReturnValue = OleDbCommand1.ExecuteScalar() TextBox1.Text = OleDbCommand1.Parameters(0).Value.ToString()// TextBox2.Text = OleDbCommand1.Parameters(1).Value.ToString()//This is my PARAM_SCHOOL_CODE TextBox3.Text = OleDbCommand1.Parameters(2).Value.ToString() '.Value.ToString() OleDbCommand1 = Nothing OleDbConnection1.Close() OleDbConnection1 = Nothing End Sub Private Sub DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles DropDownList1.SelectedIndexChanged End SubEnd ClassI appreciate any help or assistance. Thank you!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using IF and ELSE in SQL statement

I'm trying to use an IF condition within a SQL statement, but it's not working. It's trying to merge two columns ('KnownAsName' and 'surname') into one column called Name, but if there is no entry in the KnownAsName column, then it merges 'forename' and 'surname' as Name. I tried this: Code: IF [Staff.dbo.STAFF.KnownAsName] IS NOT NULL BEGIN SELECT DISTINCT dbo.STAFF.FORENAME + ' ' + dbo.STAFF.SURNAME AS Name, Employment_1.EmpEnd, Employment_1.EmpStart, dbo.STAFF.Sex, dbo.STAFF.Manager, dbo.STAFF.EmployeeNo, dbo.STAFF.Profile, dbo.STAFF.Qual1, dbo.STAFF.Qual2, dbo.STAFF.Qual3, dbo.STAFF.Qual4, dbo.STAFF.Qual5, dbo.STAFF.Qual6, dbo.STAFF.Qual7, dbo.STAFF.Qual8, dbo.STAFF.Qual9, dbo.STAFF.Qual10, dbo.STAFF.SupressScores, dbo.STAFF.LastScoreSheetPrinted, dbo.STAFF.UID, Employment_1.ID, Employment_1.Centre, Employment_1.Position, dbo.STAFF.Photograph, (SELECT MIN(EmpStart) AS Expr1 FROM dbo.Employment WHERE (dbo.STAFF.AppNo = AppNo) GROUP BY AppNo) AS EarliestStartDate FROM dbo.Employment AS Employment_1 LEFT OUTER JOIN dbo.STAFF ON Employment_1.AppNo = dbo.STAFF.AppNo WHERE (Employment_1.EmpEnd IS NULL) AND (Employment_1.EmpStart < GETDATE()) OR (Employment_1.EmpEnd > GETDATE()) END ELSE BEGIN SELECT DISTINCT dbo.STAFF.FORENAME + ' ' + dbo.STAFF.SURNAME AS Name, Employment_1.EmpEnd, Employment_1.EmpStart, dbo.STAFF.Sex, dbo.STAFF.Manager, dbo.STAFF.EmployeeNo, dbo.STAFF.Profile, dbo.STAFF.Qual1, dbo.STAFF.Qual2, dbo.STAFF.Qual3, dbo.STAFF.Qual4, dbo.STAFF.Qual5, dbo.STAFF.Qual6, dbo.STAFF.Qual7, dbo.STAFF.Qual8, dbo.STAFF.Qual9, dbo.STAFF.Qual10, dbo.STAFF.SupressScores, dbo.STAFF.LastScoreSheetPrinted, dbo.STAFF.UID, Employment_1.ID, Employment_1.Centre, Employment_1.Position, dbo.STAFF.Photograph, (SELECT MIN(EmpStart) AS Expr1 FROM dbo.Employment WHERE (dbo.STAFF.AppNo = AppNo) GROUP BY AppNo) AS EarliestStartDate FROM dbo.Employment AS Employment_1 LEFT OUTER JOIN dbo.STAFF ON Employment_1.AppNo = dbo.STAFF.AppNo WHERE (Employment_1.EmpEnd IS NULL) AND (Employment_1.EmpStart < GETDATE()) OR (Employment_1.EmpEnd > GETDATE()) END but it came back saying multi-part identifier staff.dbo.staff.KnownAsName could not be bound (line 1) Please can anyone help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Excel/CSV to MSSQL

is it possible that i can select specific cells from an excel file and import it in a mssql database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to use .NET to make a backup of MS-SQL database?

Any know of a .NET code that would successfully do the backup I get the error saying "Cannot open backup device 'C:\Debug_Directory\test.bak'. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.)." Code: Private Function DatabaseDpdb_BackupDatabase(ByVal sBackupDatabaseFilePath As String) As Boolean Dim oSqlConnection As System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection = Nothing Try oSqlConnection = New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection(Me.m_sDealPackNet_Conn) 'Configure the sql client's connection... Catch ex As Exception 'Do not display the sDbConn's string value due to security reasons... WindowsEventLog("DatabaseDpdb_BackupDatabase Error: Unable To Connect To Database", "ERROR") oSqlConnection = Nothing Return False Exit Function End Try Try sBackupDatabaseFilePath = sBackupDatabaseFilePath.ToString.Trim oSqlConnection.Open() 'Dim sAsk = "BACKUP DATABASE DPDB TO DISK = '" & sBackupDatabaseFilePath & "'" 'Dim sAsk = "USE DPDB BACKUP DATABASE DPDB TO DISK = 'C:\Debug_Directory\test.BAK'" 'Dim sAsk = "USE DPDB BACKUP DATABASE DPDB TO DISK = 'C:\Debug_Directory'" 'Dim sAsk = "USE DPDB BACKUP DATABASE DPDB TO DISK = 'C:\Debug_Directory\'" 'Dim sAsk = "USE DPDB BACKUP DATABASE DPDB TO DISK = 'C:\Debug_Directory\test.dat'" Dim sAsk = "USE DPDB BACKUP DATABASE DPDB TO DISK = 'C:\Debug_Directory\test.bak'" Dim oSqlCommand As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand(sAsk, oSqlConnection) Dim iRowAffected As Integer = 0 oSqlCommand.CommandType = CommandType.Text oSqlCommand.CommandText = sAsk iRowAffected = oSqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() 'iRowAffected = oSqlCommand.ExecuteScalar WindowsEventLog("DEBUG " & iRowAffected, "WARNING") oSqlCommand.Dispose() sAsk = Nothing oSqlCommand = Nothing iRowAffected = Nothing Catch ex As Exception WindowsEventLog("DatabaseDpdb_BackupDatabase General Error: Source - '" & ex.Source & "', Exception - '" & ex.Message.ToString & "'", "ERROR") Return False Finally 'Unset the variables/objects... 'We have to close & unset the Database Connection (whether it's a success or fail) so we won't drain the system resource on the Windows server and with-in the MS-SQL Server... oSqlConnection.Close() oSqlConnection.Dispose() End Try oSqlConnection = Nothing End Function
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ASP/ SQL Programming Neophyte

Greetz, I'm REALLY fresh to dealing with ASP and dynamic webprogramming in general. I have an issue right now that I was hoping one or some of you on this forum would be able to assist me on. I am looking to connect to generate two webpages. The first webpage is to display all entries that exist in a SQL Database (but not all the rows that exist for that entry). Assigned to each entry will be a unique number (primary key). The user will be given a chance to enter a number into one section of the page and this in turn would bring up a new page that displays ALL the rows of information that pertain to the number the user inputed. There is only one Database housed on the SQL server being used. Here is the code that I have been using thus far:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Order by Current date and below

Im trying to list 10 of my new releases. I have a list of products with release dates. Between 6-20-1998 TO 6-20-2006. So theres dates of products that havent even been released yet. Is there any way I can select the top 10 New releases without getting anything over the current date. I cant figure that part out. Heres where ive gotten to. Code: Set RowCount 10 Select * from tb_main order by tb_main.releasedate desc
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to write trigger based on certain condition

One of my table called as 'customertable' contains following fields customername, emailid, subscriptionendperiod Example records are: david, david@john.com, 12/20/2005(mm/dd/yyyy format). My question is that: Just one month before subscriptionendperiod that is on 11/20/2005(mm/dd/yyyy) an automatic email should go to david@john.com with the message 'Your subscription period ends on 12/20/2005' How to write trigger for this. Please Note : No ASP code is invloved in this. Only MSSQL coding to be done.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

undo the last UPDATE

, I've just updated 200 rows of a table when I meant to update 1 - aaarrrgh! I want to know if there is a way to "undo" the last change to the database It's a development database, so there will be no further changes since the last one. I have a file backup (not a SQL backup) of both the data and log files from earlier today, but a lot of work has been done since then, so if therre is a way to rollback the last update please let me know. I've tried reading lots of info on how to do this but I'm getting bogged down in all the stuff they're saying and it'd be helpful for someone to cut to chase for me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Insert Error

I am getting the following error File Name:next2.gifFile Size:979File Type:image/gif Provider error '80040e21' Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done. /career/test1.asp, line 45 This is my code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL to XML via Web

Hi Gods, I came with an ideia to put in the environment here... I am trying to put online chart data, so when someone would like to see the data, will just click and the data will be the same as in the database. So i have dig around the net and found a tool to grab .XML and pass the values to a chart, kinda interesting: http://www.maani.us/xml_charts/index.php So, my doubt is... is this possible to have a link to query the MS SQL database, filter the necessary data, output as XML and let the XML Charts do all the rest I found this information so: http://mdid.org/mdidwiki/index.phpt...er_2000_to_XML I think this will help me a lot...but as I dunno too much about the environment I am getting in, I am lookin for some 'yes' or 'no' or some code adaptation to find a good solution : ) Any help will be very welcome.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

LAST is not recognized as a function

I am receiving this error, 'LAST' is not a recognized function name. This is the SQL code that I have, sSQL="SELECT LAST (BBUse) as BBUse, LAST(SurveyNum) as SurveyNum FROM Results". Can anyone help me out
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can't alter table

I am using the following code to (try to) insert a new column into an existing database but the response back from the response.writes are the two existing columns, no new one. Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Reducing Database File Size

, I have an SQL Server 2000 db which has grown over my storage permit, and buying more is too expensive... I have used the shrinking option in the manager but it only took care of about 10mb (out of 100)... Is there any way to shrink the db further, or am I just going to have to buy more storage space Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!

Case sensitive select

i have a table in which a column has data in both lower and uper case like col1 AAA bbb ccc DDD eee i want to select the row with only lower case like result shud be bbb ccc eee Please help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Search by multiple result in asp

hello i have a form that search by areacode for example: i search for area 818 the result will be : woodland hills calabasas canoga park etc... now i need to build a quary that search for all the city result in other table and pull out the user that listted in that city for exmple : i have 5 users in my table user 1 located in woodland hills user 2 located in canoga park user 3 located in calabasas user 4 located in las vegas user 5 located in los angeles now i search for area code 818 the quary go to a city table and pull out all the city in the area code : woodland hills calabasas canoga park etc... and base on the result the quary go to user table and the result should be like that user 1 located in woodland hills user 2 located in canoga park user 3 located in calabasas how can i do that please help me !!!!! Best
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Back Again

Alrighty.... Trying to create a query that lists... Tickets Opened / Tickets Reviewed / Week Of Created Query which I thought should work Code: SelectCommand="SELECT Count(*) AS [Ticket_Total], (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM SNA_Ticket_Detail WHERE Reviewed = '1') AS Review_Count , DateAdd(day, -1 * datepart(dw, DtRFC), DtRFC ) AS Week FROM SNA_Ticket_Detail GROUP BY DateAdd(day, -1 * datepart(dw, DtRFC), DtRFC ) ORDER BY DateAdd(day, -1 * datepart(dw, DtRFC), DtRFC )" Results of query Ticket Total Review Count Week 1 454 2008-08-16 6:34 1 454 2008-08-23 6:43 1 454 2008-09-06 10:36 1 454 2008-09-13 9:37 1 454 2008-09-13 2:52 1 454 2008-09-13 3:46 1 454 2008-09-13 4:21 1 454 2008-09-20 12:17 1 454 2008-09-20 1:34 1 454 2008-09-20 2:34 1 454 2008-09-20 3:26 1 454 2008-09-20 4:31 1 454 2008-09-20 5:15 1 454 2008-09-20 5:40 1 454 2008-09-20 5:40 1 454 2008-09-20 6:21 1 454 2008-09-20 6:23 1 454 2008-09-20 8:08 Should have resulted in something like Ticket Total Review Count Week 12 2 2008-08-07 14 5 2008-08-14 8 1 2008-09-21 22 11 2008-09-28 15 3 2008-10-05
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Foreign key Referencing a column in another linked server

We're having a few linked servers in our company. some tables in one of the linked servers include columns (better saying, foreign keys) of tables in another server. I wonder if there's a way to create a foreign key referencing one columns in another server. That is, suppose there's Column A in table A in Server A which references Column B in table B in server B, is there a way to create column A as foreign key referencing column B Any idea is appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

OK connecting to sql express, but not sql server 2005

hi, I have sql server express and developer edition of sql server 2005 on my laptop. Why can I connect, using windows authentication, to my express sql server, but not to my other one ( developer)... It gives me the "can't connect to remote servers " error all the time. I don't understand that. Can somebody explain I havent touched any of the security settings. I checked to see if I allow 'remote connections' and I do. I think I still want to use windows authentication, so what should I do to make this work
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Delete Query Using Join

I need to delete records from one table base on criteria from another table. The example below from the Northwind database shows exactly what I want to do. I want to delete the records from the employee table who a terrorityID of 30346 in the EmployeeTerritories table. Can someone tell me how to write a delete statement that will delete the rows returned from the following SQL Statement The sql statement will return one employee name. I would lke to delete that one employee from the employee table and I havent been able to figure out how to do it. ////////// Sql Statment SELECT dbo.EmployeeTerritories.EmployeeID, dbo.EmployeeTerritories.TerritoryID FROM dbo.EmployeeTerritories INNER JOIN dbo.Employees ON dbo.EmployeeTerritories.EmployeeID = dbo.Employees.EmployeeID WHERE (dbo.EmployeeTerritories.TerritoryID = N'30346') ////////// end of sql statement
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

DTS Error

I created a DTS package and scheduled it. The job always fail but I can manually run it. Error Msg: DTSRun: Loading... DTSRun: Executing... DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1 DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1, Error = -2147217887 (80040E21) Error string: Errors occurred Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Help file: Help context: 0 Error Detail Records: Error: -2147217887 (80040E21); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: Errors occurred Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Help file: Help context: 0 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1 DTSRun: Package execution complete. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed. Can someone help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Reporting Services Eval Verison - Report Manager problem

Hi every, I'm testing evaluation version of MS incoming product - Reporting Services. After successfull instalation I've problem with running ReportManager. ----- Here is exception log ---- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: The check of the signature failed for assembly 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Processing'. Source Error: Line 196: Line 197: Line 198: Line 199: Line 200: Source File: c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\ machine.config Line: 198 Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Processing' could not be loaded. === Pre-bind state information === LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.ReportingServices.Processing (Partial) LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/MSSQL/Reporting Services/ReportManager LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin Calling assembly : (Unknown). === LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind). LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Processing LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/reports/5fc3e315/219a7509/Microsoft.ReportingServices.Processing.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/reports/5fc3e315/219a7509/Microsoft.ReportingServices.Processing/Microsoft.ReportingServices.Processing.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/MSSQL/Reporting Services/ReportManager/bin/Microsoft.ReportingServices.Processing.DLL. LOG: Publisher policy file is not found. LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file (C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet .config). LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\ machine.config. LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Processing, Version=8.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573 ---- END --- Can anybody tell mi where a problem is (other libraries seems to be signed OK) MaD
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

grouping on time in a datetime column

I need to do a GROUP BY on only the time portion of a datetime column. Such as: GROUP BY FormatDateTime(clickdatetime,3) Is this possible The field value is automatically put in the database by the getdate() function.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

inserting problem

, I am having a problem with inserting a value into a table. Here is my code: sql = "INSERT INTO AnthonyInbox (MessageID, Sender, Subject, Message, Date)"+ "VALUES('" + msgNum + "','" + from + "','" + subject + "','" + mainMsg + "','" + date + " ')"; cmd = new SqlCommand(sql, con); cmd.ExecuteNonQuery(); msgNum, from, subject, and date are succesfully entered in the table, but mainMsg is blank in the table. I have check that mainMsg contains some string, but for some reasons won't enter the value in the table. Below is the definition of the table: MessageID varchar 50 Sender varchar 50 Subject varchar 200 Message varchar 8000 Date varchar 50 PLEASE help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[Help!!]error converting data type nvarchar to datetime

hello , iam not familiar with sql or .net, so iam looking for someones expertise! Iam using Microsoft dynamics POS 2009 on windows 7. along with the point of sale package comes SQL Server 2008 & Visual Studio 2005. when trying to generate a sales report i get this error; "Unable to retrieve report data for the report. Error Details: Error converting data type nvarchar to datetime." It was working before i reinstalled windows 7 (up from win 7 Prem to Ultimate) i also done windows updates which included updates for the SQL server package. i had a search around to see if i could find answers but its all a bit over my head, walk through instructions would be a help. if anyone would like to give a helping hand, that would be amazing!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

Where can we get Service Pack release info ????

Hi Everyone, Am new to SQL Server Administration. My question, is there is any standard official web-site where we can know all the service pack related information and what is the latest hot fix inofrmation , what is the latest SQL Server database version that Microsoft released.\t Basically am searching for the service packs in Google and that to if someone tells that SP1 has released for SQL 2008. As a DBA, just want to know where can we get this information so that we will be aware of Service Pack releases and so on ....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

A good book on admin?

Can anyone reccomend a good book out there that gives the basics of administering a SQL server
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Date formats

I need to to change the system default format to yyyymmdd format.. How do I do that.. I tried all the styles like convert (varchar(12),getdate(),101) but of no use.... please help me..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Log files

, We are having sql server 2005 running of ibm x226 (xeon 3ghz x 2 Nos + 2 gb ram) with 150 users connected. When connected to the server using sql studio expresss, databases -> properties -> filenames, the databases file name is displayed as primary, but the log file is displayed as "Not available". But the log files are growing. Type of logging - "full recovery". Our apps are working no issues. In our sql 7.0 both the database and log files were in primary. Please advise on how to bring the log files back to primary in sql 2005. you can also email me ksratltrambolldotcom.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL Text query

I am in need of some help please. I am using SQL server 2005, and am familiar with Table-valued, Scalar-valued functions. I have two tables A and B respectively. In table A ======== UserID BudgetID DefaultBudget In table B ======== BudgetID BudgetCode BudgetDescription AccountID How do you join the tables with WHERE userid=0 etc. I have tried OUTER JOINS etc, but to no avail. The reason I wanted to join is to show BudgetDescription,DefaultBudget(true/false) in the datalist/datagrid in C#(asp.net). I.E show all list of table B by AccountID and then Table A will show which checkboxes are ticked for each costcentre. Any examples will most helpful please.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Catching MSSQL errors gracefully

I have a code which serves up SQL records as XML. Problem is, sometimes this code catches. Obviously, there should be no SQL syntax errors, but in the event that there is, howto halt the error reporting directly to screen Code: [ODBC SQL Server Driver] [SQL Server] "I hate you, human" An ASP Classic solutiono please.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sqlserver2000

hi what are advanced features in sqlserver2000 which are not in sqlserver7. i mean to say what differences they have thanx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Like '###' not working

Code: sqlfind = "SELECT TOP 1 tblitem.fld_location "&_ "FROM tblitem "&_ "GROUP BY tblitem.fld_location "&_ "HAVING tblitem.fld_location Like '###' "&_ "ORDER BY tblitem.fld_location DESC" i know the wildcard is giving me a problem , what am i doing wrong here thx in advance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL database editing Program

Hi There! Can anyone reccommend a good SQL database editing Program for me please Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Cannot Connect to Analysis server

Server instalation: MSFT Sql Server 2K (SP3) Analysis Server (SP1) Client instalation: Analysis Manager (MDAC 8.0) Client user is a member of group OLAP Administrator When i try to connect from client (Analysis Manager) to Analysis Server over LAN i get this message: Cannot connect to Analysis Server Network error. Can anyone help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Compiling a view

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already - but my question is: at what point is a view on sql server2k compiled I'm pretty sure that a view is recompiled each time it is used (actually an execution plan is recompiled), but is it compiled at any other time Like when using alter/create view, or hitting ok/apply in Enterprise Manager when creating/changing the view.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with creating procedures

I have to create 5 procedures and the study material I have dont explaine procedures enough. My 5 procedures are as follows: *sp_ProductInsert - ows the user to add a record to the PRODUCT and PRICE tables. *sp_PriceUpdate - ows the user to change the price of a specified product. The start and end dates (columns) of the price must also be updated. Arguments: ProductID, new price, start date, end date. *sp_DeleteProduct - ows the user to delete a specified product. Records related to the product must be removed from the PRICE table but if the product appears on an invoice that is not more than 60days old, it may not be deleted. Argument: Product ID. *sp_DeleteClient - ows the user to delete a specified client. Argument: ClientID. *sp_displayInvoice - Displays the details and the total cost of a specific invoice. **************************************** Please id appreciate any help!! my tables that I have: CLIENT with id, name, address, tel INVOICE with id, date, clientID PRODUCT with code, description PRICE with productCode, startDate, endDate, price ********* I will also be greatful for extra reading regarding procedures.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Character lenght of Ntext column

I am trying to count the characters contained in each record of my MS SQL server table. The below example works ifr the StateName column is of varchar datatypem, but it is ntext unfortunetly. Anyone has ideas how to get the amount of characters in each row The below example works for varchar columns: [highlight="SQL"]SELECT Len(StateName) FROM State WHERE StateName is not null[/highlight]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Select query

does any one no how to using sql select * from table where id=x and then wanna select the next 5 rows from the record x
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

I received an error message that I can't seem to resolve. The following: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] Query must have at least one destination field. /process1.asp, line 16 Any assistance with the above will be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Concatenate two columns into one?

How to concatenate two columns into a new column in SQL Server 2000 For example: Column1: Hong Column2: Kong then I would like Column3 to have 'Hong Kong' auto populated. Note: I want the syntax in the 'Formula' field in Enterprise Manager, not stored procedures. Does anyone know
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

How to get data from multiple tables

i want to fetch data from multiple tables. they all are similar that is they have same colum names (catalog_product_flat_1,catalog_product_flat_ 2,catalog_product_flat_ 3,catalog_product_flat_ 4.......), but they are not related.Is there any way to do this through stored prcedures or any other way. One more thing these tables will increse in future as the stores of my ecomerce site increases.. please help me i am new to this...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!