Link request

Does anyone have any website links related to SQL Server 2000 table relationships I can't get my 1-n relationship to work properly

plz help,
Posted On: Tuesday 20th of November 2012 09:13:22 PM Total Views:  85
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Delete against linked server

, I'm having a problem with SQL Server 2000 deleting against a linked server using an Access DB; I've tried the next syntax: Code: DELETE OPENQUERY(myLinkedServer, 'Select * From MyTable') but it returns the next error message Server: Msg 7320, Level 16, State 2 Could not execute query against OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0'. The provider could not support a required row lookup interface. The provider indicates that conflicts occurred with other properties or requirements. and using the four part syntax: Code: DELETE FROM MyLinkedServer...MyTable I get the next error: Msg 7345, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 The OLE Database provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" could not delete from table "MyTable". There was a recoverable, provider-specific error, such as an RPC failure. SELECTS works fine btw... How can I fix this Thank you very much in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Creating a forum from scratch, requesting a bit of assistance.

I searched around on a few forums and found this one to be the most useful for this sort of thing. (I'm sure their's some irony in this, but I'll leave that for another day) Anyways, I'm in a Data Design course, and my (individual) final project will be to create a forum. A very SIMPLE forum. The school has a database we can use, which utilizes Microsoft SQL. We've learned how to use ASP to display, call, update, and delete data from said server, and learned all the hard ways and easy ways to do this (From basic SQL statements, 3rd Normal Forms, to ADO, Advanced SQL statements and Transactions). I have experience in C++ programming, and C# as well. So I know well enough how to write a function, utilize polymorphism, and object-oriented programming. The most advanced thing we've done is create a blog from scratch, that can be updated via sign-in only. A few students have discovered salt & password hashing, but otherwise it gets as far as setting the visibility to certain panels to true or false. Although it doesn't necessarily matter if you're signed in as the original poster to edit/delete/update posts. With the preliminaries of my knowledge out of the way, I'm currently in the process of creating the tables and Database Diagrams for the forum, and hopefully have a web skeleton up by tomorrow. Did I mention it was a demanding class The forum will be flat-threaded, so that the furthest down one can go is a Reply to a Post within a sub-sub-forum of a sub-forum of the forum itself subjects/posts would have the following; *_ID(ID of the current forum as the primary key.) **_ID(ID of the forum beneath it to be linked in the Database Diagrams) CreationDate Title PersonID(who created it) AccessLevel and Text. For now I'm simply setting up the structure of the forum itself, and will focus on the user-structure next week. So if you have any suggestions or changes to shift this structure to be more manageable would be greatly appreciated. Any other help, tips, tutorials or what-have-yous on this would also be much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Hyperlinks on Intranet

I have been successful with the creation of a database and a search results page. My need is for the following:From the records returned in the results page I need to open another page (popup) with more detailed information about the chosen record.Assistance is greatly appreciated.The Dingbat
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!