Importing Excel spreadsheet into SQL

Can anyone give me a quickie overview of the job of repeatedly importing an excel spreadsheet into a sql table through enterprise manager

I've tried to figure it out with a test xls doc, but I can only seem to import one row, opposed to multiple rows.

Not quite sure i get the query builder in the import or the other option to import without the query builder and the SQL help file is a nightmare.
Can anyone share some tips

**further, I was reading some documents, such as this http://forums.devshed.com/archive/t-35757 and it leads me to believe there HAS to be a way to setup the import outside of Enterprise manager and that it could lead to a more effecient way of importing over and over with an updated spreadsheet. Would an asp page do this on the fly like upload xls file, run page\t
Posted On: Sunday 11th of November 2012 09:12:20 PM Total Views:  93
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Importing excel file into SQL Server

Im trying to import data in my excel file using enterprise manager Import/Export Data. But when i imported in, I found out that under the phone column, there are some rows with null values where in the excel sheet there are values. Why is it so Pls help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Import excel data into sql server

I have a file postalcode.xls and in SQL database I have a table postalCodesUK. I want to import postalcode.xls data into SQL SERVER database "postalCodesUK" table. I have no idea how to do this. Can you please help me I tried to execute following query in Query Analyzer but it didn't work. SELECT * INTO postalCodesUK FROM OPENDATASOURCE('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0', 'Data Source=C:\Shailaja\TASK\19490GNC\postalcode.xls;Ex tended Properties=Excel 8.0')
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Importing an excel 2007 spreadsheet into SQL Server

First of all, it is great to be back on here.. been away too long. I have popped on from time to time but with my new job and its security, haven't been allowed to get on here as much. I am trying to import an excel spreadsheet into a database/table. How would I go about doing that. My goal is into get this data into some table and use ASP to source the output in a format for one of my CEOs. The vendor that provides this data has been unsuccessful in doing such thus far. Before converting to them, I had it in excel perfectly but now we are not using my db from then any longer. Help with suggestions or solutions.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Insert/update/select data from excel!

hi , how can we select/insert/update data from a specific cell in the excel sheet through sql query. the query could be in stored procedure. is this task be possible in DTS.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!