HTML5 Databases -- SQL vs Indexed

I read about the HTML5 database feature and thought it was pretty nifty -- then I read that it had been essentially abandoned.

http://www.w3.org/TR/webdatabase/

Now I read about the "Indexed database" and wonder how it is different. Has anyone here used it

http://www.w3.org/TR/IndexedDB/

Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:09:24 AM Total Views:  268
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Thanks in advance for taking the time to check this out... I've recently became the administrator of a powerful SPC and data collection tool (infinityqs) at work. The application uses a Data Management Service that essentially allows us to communicate with other applications. My task was to create a DMS Config. (provider) that would read the last saved database test value (TOP 1) for use with calculations. I successfully created two DMS Configurations doing so and performed the necessary calculations. My delima is I now need to do this for ten other test values. I do not want to create DMS Config for each test value as it slows down the system and is inefficient. Here is my SQL for one test value (working): NOTE: The application I'm using gives me a "Startup" field and a "Processing" field Startup: SELECT TOP 1 F_SGRP FROM SGRP_TST WHERE F_TEST=1342169992 ORDER BY F_SGRP ASC Processing: SELECT TOP 1 F_SGRP, F_TEST, F_VAL FROM SGRP_TST WHERE F_TEST=1342169992 AND F_SGRP>%F_SGRP% ORDER BY F_SGRP DESC I'm hoping there is a way to select multiple "F_VAL" variables from multiple "F_TEST" ID's ... possibly assign each of them to a variable name I've done a lot of researching to no avail.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

How to merge two SQLite databases

, I have two SQLite3 databases with same table names and structure, and I need a tool to add all tables from second database into first on condition only those records will be inserted that are bot already present in respective table of first database. The query should be like this: INSERT INTO Db1.Table1 SELECT Db2.Table1.* FROM Db2.Table1 WHERE ; I seek for easy to use and powerful util. Tried to import both dbs into Access via ODBC but can't figure out how to merge the tables a efficient way and how to eliminate duplicities. Also have tried SQLiteSpy and Database Browser. Can open the databases into them but no success also. I will prefere a tool that manipulates the databases directly, ie. without conversion to other format. The format is SQLite3 but not sure
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Query a list of databases

anyone know how to query a list of databases current the sp_helpdb seems cant help me, because it query all the details, i want to do it like select * from database where database id=2
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Any benefit from filtering in join vs. the where clause?

Just curious. The exec plan is the same for both qry's, and they both show the same estimated row counts @ the point of question in the exec plan. The exec times are roughly the same, any variances I'm attributing to db load from other things going on, since any benefits of one over the other are not consistent from execution to execution. So is there any benefit to filtering in the join conditions vs. the where clause My thinking was that by filtering earlier in the qry (when joining) as opposed to "waiting" to do it in the where clause, the rest of the qry after the join would inherently be dealing w/a smaller result set for the rest of it's execution, thus improving performance. After the exec plan checking I did, I guess I was wrong. Seems that Sql Server is intelligent about such filtering when analyzing the entire qry, and building its execution accordingly. The execution plan for both qry's showed the same where clause argument for the tables being joined. Filtering in where clause.... Code: select ... From tProject p with (noLock) join tProjectCall pc with (noLock) on P.ID = pc.project_id join tStore S with (noLock) on pc.store_id = s.id join tZip Z with (noLock) on Z.zip5 = s.zip5 join tManager M on M.ID = case ... end left join ( select projectCall_RecNum as RecNum, sum(answer) as HoursUsed from tCall C where Answer > 0 and question_id in (1, 2) group by projectCall_Recnum ) as C on pc.recnum = c.recnum where pc.removed = 0 and p.cancelled = 0 and p.deleted = 0 and s.closed = 0 and s.deleted = 0 and year(getDate()) between year(P.startDate) and year(P.expDate) Filtering in joins... Code: select ... From tProject p with (noLock) join tProjectCall pc with (noLock) on P.ID = pc.project_id and pc.removed = 0 and p.cancelled = 0 and p.deleted = 0 and year(getDate()) between year(P.startDate) and year(P.expDate) join tStore S with (noLock) on pc.store_id = s.id join tZip Z with (noLock) on Z.zip5 = s.zip5 and s.closed = 0 and s.deleted = 0 join tManager M on M.ID = case ... end left join ( select projectCall_RecNum as RecNum, sum(answer) as HoursUsed from tCall C where Answer > 0 and question_id in (1, 2) group by projectCall_Recnum ) as C on pc.recnum = c.recnum
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Updating data across databases

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but will give it a try. I am using MS Server 2000 I need to run and update query that will pull information from a table in a database on server A and then update a different table in a database on server B. I am running into some problems though. The Query looks something like this Code: UPDATE Member SET Member_Number = Member_Number WHERE RTRIM(Member.FirstName) = RTRIM(Member.First_Name) AND RTRIM(Member.LastName) = RTRIM(Member.Last_Name) AND Member.Member_Number NOT IN (SELECT RTRIM(Member.First_Name), RTRIM(Member.Last_Name), Member.member_Number FROM Member GROUP BY RTRIM(Member.First_Name), RTRIM(Member.Last_Name) Having Count(*) > 1) But when I try doing the import/Export data it gets mad by saying that FirstName and LastName are not columns
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Upload Image

I'm in like a smal confusion over uploading images: If Not (Upload.PostedFile Is Nothing) Then 'Check to make sure we actually have a file to upload Dim strLongFilePath As String = Upload.PostedFile.FileName Dim intFileNameLength As Integer = InStr(1, StrReverse(strLongFilePath), "\") Dim strFileName As String = "D:\(FYP)\Images\Banner" 'Mid(strLongFilePath, (Len(strLongFilePath) - intFileNameLength) + 2) Select Case Upload.PostedFile.ContentType Case "image/pjpeg", "image/jpeg" 'Make sure we are getting a valid JPG image Upload.PostedFile.SaveAs(strFileName) lblStatus.Text = strFileName & " was uploaded successfully to: " & strFileName Case Else 'Not a valid jpeg im age lblStatus.Text = "Not a valid jpeg image" End Select end if end sub But the error i encounter was access denied to the filename i declared. So is it possible cause due to the web service..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Insert problems

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0409' Unterminated string constant /CreateProfile.asp, line 26 Code: strSQL = "INSERT INTO ProfileManagement(demo_date,epn,store_id,tline,bio,pointer,salesleader,cosconfirmed,[20pounds],language,merchandisingexp,merchandisingjobs,shortnotice,fulltimejob,otheragency,cnum,staffingline)" strSQL = strSQL & "VALUES ('" & ("request.QueryString OBJrs (""demo_date"")" & "','" & ("epn") & "','" & ("store_id") & "','" & ("tline") & "','" & ("bio") & "','" & ("request.QueryString OBJrs (""pointer"")" & "','" & ("salesleader") & "','" & ("cosconfirmed") & "','" & ("20pounds") & "','" & ("language") & "','" & ("merchandisingexp") & "','" & ("merchandisingjobs") & "','" & ("shortnotice") & "','" & ("fulltimejob") & "','" & ("otheragency") & "','" & ("cnum") & "','" & ("staffingline")"')"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Length of Data types??

Hi frends i wanted to know what exactly does the length of a data type in DB means! For example: length of data type "int" is 4. Does that mean that it can have a int of length 4 digits(example: 9999) or does it mean 2^4(2 raise to power 4) = 16\t thanx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Triggers

! Is it possible to send input parrameters to a trigger. I whant to get the ID from the row previousy updated in a table in my datbase, Then use that ID when executing a trigger on the table. Thank you in advance. Best regards /mats
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Error querying against linked FoxPro db

I have an issue querying against a FoxPro database. If I do: Code: select * from foxpro...train I get: Error converting data type DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP to datetime. This caused by one column, duedate. Code: select cast(duedate as varchar(30)) from foxpro...train it gives the same error. So it seems some implicit casting is being done even before I get any data. Unfortunately of all the data in that table, that is the one column I can't drop. This data is from a legacy application (we don't have foxpro as far as I know) and I am trying to import it into a SQL database. Works fine except for a handfull of tables with these date issues.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Web Software to enter records into SQL Server

I am looking for some software that allows for quick data entry into SQL server via the Web. Enterprise manager is not a good option. I am currently using an open source program called Table Editor but it has some security flaws as I have found out. Is there any other software someone knows about to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MS Sql 2005 Master DB sysprocess with ASP

I am having issue trying to obtain data from a query to MS SQL 2005 master database using a ASP to view the information. in sql 2000 the asp page works fine, I get the results. IN SQL 2005, all I get is 1 field with the host server accessing the database. The query: Code: select hostname, count(*) from master.sys.sysprocesses group by hostname
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ASP sessions and oracle sequences...

I'm making a music selling site and have 2 questions.. 1 Just been looking at the W3schools ASP sessions. They give the donald duck example... Code: Code: Welcome The line above returns: "Welcome Donald Duck". That makes sense. Will the work for the default of 20 minutes, and return donald duck After 20mins are up what would happen 2 What If I wanted to combine an oracle sequence an assign that to the session which would be used as a unique order ID this is the sequence CREATE SEQUENCE UNIQUE_ORDER_NOS START WITH 1 INCREMENT BY 1 NOCACHE; Here is my orders table Order_id (I want this to equal the session id for each order) customer_id order_placed order_shipped How would I go about assigning a fresh new order number for each visitor to the site This is how i get the next number from the sequence Code: Set rstOrderSequence = cnnDB.execute("SELECT UNIQUE_ORDER_NOS.NEXTVAL AS NEW_ORDER_NO FROM DUAL") Code: If Not rstOrderSequence.EOF Then strOrderNo = rstOrderSequence("NEW_ORDER_NO") How would i assign this "NEW_ORDER_NO" to the session This doesn't work.. Code: Hope this makes sense\t Beacuse its got me so confused. I just want a way of keeping state, tracking a single user throughout the site, so that they can browse the store at their leisure and at items to the same order at will.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with Microsoft SQL Server Database Publishing Wizard

hi, i m trying to retrive scripts using Microsoft SQL Server Database Publishing Wizard but its get fail can any noe suggest me why it so. i ave sql 2005 / 08 both install any problem then
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!

Search by multiple result in asp

hello i have a form that search by areacode for example: i search for area 818 the result will be : woodland hills calabasas canoga park etc... now i need to build a quary that search for all the city result in other table and pull out the user that listted in that city for exmple : i have 5 users in my table user 1 located in woodland hills user 2 located in canoga park user 3 located in calabasas user 4 located in las vegas user 5 located in los angeles now i search for area code 818 the quary go to a city table and pull out all the city in the area code : woodland hills calabasas canoga park etc... and base on the result the quary go to user table and the result should be like that user 1 located in woodland hills user 2 located in canoga park user 3 located in calabasas how can i do that please help me !!!!! Best
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!

Check values of a field against user ID

I have a field called assignValue, this field holds the usersID's that are assigned to a task, how do i check to see if the current users ID is in that field. eg: assignValue holds the string (7,10,15,2,24) and current users ID is (10) I know you can't use split() in tsql, so how do i accomplish this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e31'

I keep getting the following error: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e31' [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired /admin/functions_web.asp, line 277 This application has been up for 5 years and we never had any problems and all of a sudden we have started getting this error. We have the latest MDAC version. I have increased the scripting and connection time and we still get this error. Please help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Discrepancy between ASP/ADO and Query Analyser

Hi Hopefully someone can solve an issue that is causing my brain much confusion!.... I have a relatively straightforward Stored Proc that takes MonthNo and YearNo as input parameters and returns a single value :- the number of Working Days in that month. create procedure dbo.TS_WorkingDays @MonthNo tinyint=null, @YearNo int=null as declare @ReportingStart datetime, @ReportingEnd datetime, @days int set nocount on if @MonthNo is null or @YearNo is null begin set @MonthNo = month(getdate()) set @YearNo = year(getdate()) end --Establish first and last date within the supplied Month set @ReportingStart = cast ('01-' + dbo.DisplayMonthName(@MonthNo,0) + '-' + cast(@YearNo as varchar(4)) as datetime) set @ReportingEnd = dateadd(d, -1, dateadd(month, 1, @ReportingStart)) --Return value from user defined function select (dbo.WorkingDays(@ReportingStart, @ReportingEnd) + 1) as DaysInMonth GO For reference, the function is... create function dbo.WorkingDays (@FromDate DATETIME, @ToDate DATETIME) RETURNS INT AS BEGIN DECLARE @BankHolidays INT, @CalendarDays INT, @DayOfWeek int , @cnt INT, @BusinessDays INT SET @BusinessDays=0 SET @cnt=0 SET @CalendarDays = DateDiff(d, @FromDate, @ToDate) SELECT @BankHolidays = COUNT(*) FROM dbo.tbl_BankHolidays WHERE BankHolidayDate BETWEEN @FromDate AND @ToDate SET @BusinessDays = @BusinessDays - @BankHolidays - 1 --minus one to exclude current day WHILE @cnt
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL Exact Match

Is there away or function already built in to MS SQL 2000 that will get an exact match for a word. I am using the wild card % % on a search term but this returns words that contain that value also. example:- If i look for the word "like" it will return results which contain "like" and and "likely". But I'm only looking for the word "like".
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Upsizing problems

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to SQL and am tearing my hair out. I have upsized an Access DB I have imported a load of queries but they don't work. In Access they are cross tab queries, I assume that I need to change the query in some way the current code that works in Access is: TRANSFORM Count(Qry_Orders12Months.OrderStatus) AS CountOfOrderStatus SELECT Customers.CustomerID FROM Customers INNER JOIN (Orders INNER JOIN Qry_Orders12Months ON Orders.OrderID = Qry_Orders12Months.OrderID) ON Customers.CustomerID = Orders.CustomerID GROUP BY Customers.CustomerID PIVOT Qry_Orders12Months.OrderStatus In ("Current","Dormant"); I also have a problem with another query that uses the If Function as well the current code is: SELECT Orders.OrderID, Orders.OrderDate, Date() AS StartDate, DateSerial(Year([StartDate]),Month([StartDate])-12,Day([StartDate])) AS 12Months, IIf([OrderDate]>=[12Months],"Current","Dormant") AS OrderStatus FROM Customers INNER JOIN Orders ON Customers.CustomerID = Orders.CustomerID;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Regex in mssql ?

hello people, I have a table with some field named 'f1', the filed contains string like this: 1:3-12/23.2:3-23/12.87:4-12/11 and so on with the same format... I need to write some sql query that extracts all the first one or two numbers that appears before the ':' (all the red numbers in the example above). I don't mind if I get the result as a set of rows or a string that contains all the (red) numbers. is it possible with mssql
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Are temporary tables unreliable?

I have a very simple requirement to store user selections and display in a panel. I am trying to create a temp table in sql server from my asp page. but I am getting three errors pretty much randomly. 1. despite closing the browser and trying again the new page sometimes says table already exists. how can this be I thought temp table are dropped automatically. 2. I sometimes get: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e37' Invalid object name '#wishListTable'. again, seemingly random 3. I get that msg (can't remember exactly) 'values not specified for one or more parameters..' or something. (maybe this problem can wait) lastly if I refresh it sometimes works! then I refresh again and I get error 2 arggg. I have written a bunch of flags to stop it doing stuff twice etc. please help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Looking to computerise...can sql do all this?

ok basically this practice place is using a paper based system and they wanna know how to go about computerizing it. Theres loadsa data such as patient info, records, audits, primary complaints, diary sheet, examination screen etc. they have an offsite server thats gonna store all this info that can then be drawn from the 2 computers in the clinic to be updated, amended and so on. There are two practices (both private) so if it was on computer both sites can access/ammend it. Its all on paper now. They just want it all on computer so it can be easily accessed and changed. There is ALOT of info and it aint exactly organised or anything right now and they think computerizing is the way forward. Current software packages doesnt have all the details needed like jpeg images of bodies which can be changed in some way either by touch or simply color coded and then attached to the patient. http://www.getphysicalsoftware.com/s...TOKEN=22887732 ^^ thats one package. that is ok but messy and cant add pics...it has alot of the info tho.. I was just wondering what software is available so I can start this from the ground up. I dont know much about this stuff but Im looking into it.. I dont know if something like ACCESS would be powerful enough and you cant add pics and actually edit them in access i dont think Here are the sort of details that would be going into the database...have a look at these two pics... http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5349/chir00o1cz5.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72...345/chiro2.jpg ^^see that skeleton pic would have have to be added made available to be modified. Any ideas I need like a foundation thing so I can try and start building this. Would sql or oracle be the best for this sort of thing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to store and retrive data in SQL in Binary tree structure

I have to implement MLM (Multi level marketing) database like a binary tree. Each node can invite 2 other members. The problem is that how to view the child nodes of each nodes till 12th level....also the member_id is auto generated 16-digit alphanumeric value. I had seen many web portals but dint got the exact solution... Kindly help me out......
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!