how to open and see data in Tables of MSSQLServer Database

Hallo
Now I have to analyse so many Software systems that my company is using and I have to extract the Datamodels behind these systems.
One of these systems is developed with a MSSQLserver backend. Now I have to open this server tables and see the table structures and data directly how we see in Access.
Please help me by telling the way to open this database.
any help is very much appreciated.

Posted On: Wednesday 7th of November 2012 02:28:41 PM Total Views:  187
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Login attempt being pointed to wrong database

I have created a new login, with username and password and given it datareader and datawriter permissions to a particular database. In my asp connection code I identify the database, username, password and go on to do selects and updates etc. Now for some reason after this system has been in place for a while I am getting an error : Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Driverserror '80004005' [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Server user 'x' is not a valid user in database 'Y'. Where Y is a completely different database which also exists on the server. This is very odd. Anyone got any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Migrating database

Hi How can i migrate from MS Access database(2000) to SQL server 2000 database. Is it possible thanx in advance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dot.NET Oracle database problem

Situation:Were supposed to connect to the test Database(Oracle 9i) in a remote server from a local PC using VB.net.The 2 providers we tested are:Microsoft OLE DB provider for OracleMicrosoft OLE DB provider for ODBC driversWere not sure if they are the correct ones to be used.When we tested the connection with Microsoft OLE DB provider for Oracle. The following data link error was prompted.Error message :Test connection failed becos of an error in initializing provider. Oracle Client and Networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed.Next we tested the connection with Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC drivers.( which is also another driver for .NET and Oracle). The connection test was successful. We are able to preview the tables in the DB However, when we try to drag a table from the solution explorer into the web-form the following error was shown. Error message : You cannot use an OLE DB provider for ODBC drivers.Please recommend us any drivers you think would be appropriate to connect Microsoft visual studio .NET and Oracle DB that is currently being used.Also should we install the driver in our local PC or in the remote server side where the DB is locatedAlso were not sure about what the problem really is. Please advice us and provide us with any assistance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need help on database

Sorry, I'm a newbie out there when it comes to creating database. I currently have an ASP.Net project which requires a database. I spent the past few days thinking about how to create a proper database for the application but to no avail. I think tis thread might be out of point for tis forum, but i am really in need of help. Here goes the storyline of my database: The project is an online project management system, meant for students to submit their deliverables (reports, eg. Minutes, agenda, project monitor chart) Lecturers will access the web application to grade the students submission. The application must allow administrators to add in new subjects. When a new subject is added, the subject leader will set a dateline for a particular module to be submitted. Eg, minutes dateline. Once the dateline is due, the system will inform the lecturers in charge of who/which group did not submit the module. Lecturers and subject leaders can then generate warning letters to be sent via email to the students involved. Lecturers and subject leaders will be able to make announcements through the system as well. A student can either submit his/her work as an individual or as a group. A student will be studying more than 1 subject. A subject will consist of more than 1 module. Every module will have a dateline for its submission. Students can make more than 1 submission for each module. Students belong to different groups/classes for different subjects. For different modules, there will be different fields to be inserted into the database. Example, in the Minutes module, the student will have to be able to key in the objectives, the date of the meeting, the venue, its members, absent members, actual minutes, action by and meeting end time. In the Project monitor chart module, the student will have to key in the week/date, the name of the member, task involved, as well as the status. When a new subject is created, the subject leader will have to specify the percentage of each different module. (Eg, Exams 40%, Term test 15%, and so on.) A subject will also be taught by more than 1 lecturer. So subject leader will specify the lecturers teaching that particular subject. I hope someone out there can help me out on the construction of a database for the above storyline.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

wanna delete sql database

i wanna delete an sql database with sqldmo even if someone uses this database, how can i realize to force the delete\t greets nobby
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

random display of information from databases

can someone help me... this is my code but whenever i clicked refresh my item seem to become lesser... 'make it random Dim x, recordsCount Randomize 'first count how many records we have: recordsCount=0 Do Until rs.EOF recordsCount=recordsCount+1 : rs.MoveNext Loop rs.Close 'now execute again: set rs = cmd.Execute 'finally make it really random For x=1 To CLng(recordsCount * Rnd) rs.MoveNext Next
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

help on random from database only...

sorry !!! me just manage to change something to my code... so please help me on the randomize part... i am not good on randomize... whenever i clicked on refresh all my item seem to change place... sorry thanz... my code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

add database to server

I am writing an ASP page on my computer running win98 with pws .the connect to the database in acceess its very good (with the ODBC). but how i can put oll my site with database in this server with html and js its ok but,with the asp ,database how i can do this.in my computer after setting ODBC and driver of microsoft access evrything good .helppppppppppppppppppppppppp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Microsoft SQL Native Client error '80040e07' The conversion of a varchar data type t

Good day , i tried to run a program in asp classic but its giving me this error Microsoft SQL Native Client error '80040e07' The conversion of a varchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value. /eOffice/Bulletin/ActionBulletin.asp, line 34 Below is my script sql="INSERT INTO ivo_bboard(ReplyId, Topic, Empid, body, [count],[datetime])VALUES('"& 0 &"','"& topic &"','"& session("Empid") &"','"& body &"','"& 0 &"','"& now() &"')" I know it has to do with formating the now() keyword but dont know how to..Pls help...regards
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Abmiguous reference message triggered by VS database projects compiler for an SQL XML

Please delete.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Copy all tables, stored procedures and functions from one database to another one

Hi , I would like to copy all tables, stored procedures and functions from one database to another (both databases are located in the same server) in MS SQL server 2008. I would like to copy is only the schema including primary key and index but not data. Could anyone suggest how to do it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Identity column not retaing during database export

Im using SQL server 2008 to import a database from a different server. both the servers are sql server 2008 Some of my source tables have identity column. During import the identity columns are not getting created as identity in my destination database. The column looses the identity property. i'm also loosing the primary key properties during import. I created a fresh database and try to import by giving the option create tables in the sql server import wizard. it did'nt work. How can I retain the identity columns and primary keys during import
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Edit binary type in open rows page

Hi well I know that it is a little funny but I don't know how to edit the binary type variables from right click on table and open rows most of the time I have to use query analyzer to do this to insert or update the table but I need to work in a real table
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Newbie to SQL seeks help on uploading it to web host.

, have been an ASP and MS Access person for the past 7 years and now I need to jump into SQL quick smart. At my previous company I was the Web Designer / ASP guy and we had a website that used a MS Access database with ASP front end. was fine apart from when the site got busy and it kept crashing. That's when our techincal team, based at another office upgraded it to SQL. Now I have left that company the client wants me to take over the running of the site. My previous employers have sent me a .BAK file containing the whole database which I have managed to import onto my PC into SQL Server Express. I can see all the tables etc. and all looks fine. On the current live site the ASP pages work from it no problem. Thing is I need to move it to another server so I have just signed up an MS SQL package with my webhost but how do I get the database files to send over to the web server I have the IP, username and password etc. but SQL is looking very alien to me after years of MS Access. Can anyone advise on how I go about getting my files to the web
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Cannot open database

i tried to open a database on my MS SQL Server 2000, but appears the following message; -Error 946:Cannot open database "MyDatabase" version 515. Upgrade the database to the latest version.- how can i upgrade "MyDatabase" to MS SQL Server 2000
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "TestDB" requested

i'm trying to remote access the database via a web service. My database connection is written in the web service. when i debug the web service in visual studio 2008, it works fine. But when i publish the web service and access it via localhost it gives this error System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "TestDB" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'MYUSER\ASPNET'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Com pleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Att emptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Log inNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Ope nLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ct or(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateC onnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.Creat ePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateOb ject(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCrea teRequest(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConne ction(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(Data Set dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable) at WebService1.Service1.dataconn(String sqlquery) in C:\Documents and Settings\myuser\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WebService1\WebService1\Service.asmx .cs:line 39 My code in web service is namespace WebService1 { /// /// Summary description for Service1 /// [WebService(Namespace = "")] [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)] [ToolboxItem(false)] // To allow this Web Service to be called from script, using ASP.NET AJAX, uncomment the following line. [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService] public class Service1 : System.Web.Services.WebService { [WebMethod] public DataTable dataconn(string sqlquery) { SqlConnection sqlcon = new SqlConnection("Data Source=10.179.3.91;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial Catalog=TestDB;User Id=MYUSER\\ASPNET;Password=**********#;Integrated Security=True;"); DataTable dt = new DataTable(); dt.TableName = "MyTable"; DataSet ds = new DataSet(); SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter(sqlquery, sqlcon); da.Fill(dt); return dt; } } } can anyone help me to sort out this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Cannot see the migrated packages

I am unable to see my migrated packages in 2005, they were migrated successfully and when I try to migrate them it even tells me that these pacakges already exists. Does anyone know how do I see my migrated pacakages.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

maximum open cursors exceeded

hi, i got this exception: maximum open cursors exceeded throws at Trigger Anyone know how to solve!!! Please advise me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SIMPLE open, write, close example anyone?

SIMPLE open, write, close example anyone Hi - just wondering if anyone had a SIMPLE example of html page with asp code opening, getting name, writing name, close \t\t I need a SQL (not Access example). It would be much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server

Hi Friends, I developed a small application for practicing asp.net 2.0 and sql server 2005 - Northwind Database (Using tool VS2005). Everything going fine but suddenly one day my application stop accessing sql server 2005, start giving following error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) I removed and reinstall sql 2005, but problem is still there. I tried every solution, got on google by typing error message but...... My web confing connection string is as follows: (I don't think there is any problem in connection string, because it works fine previously) I can access database by using Sql Server Management Studio Express. May be, by mistake I did some changes in sql server settings, but don't know now whats that Please help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!