Getting databases available on Server

I have the SERVER name as a variable and I need to get the databases list on that server into a drop down.
How can it be done\t
Posted On: Tuesday 20th of November 2012 02:53:20 AM Total Views:  419
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Hosting SQL 7 databse on SQL 2000 server

I had a working sql 7database, which I eventually hosted on a sql 2000 server. I now find that some of my tables have gone missing. Please let me know if I have to do anything specific to my sql 7 database before hosting on the sql 2000 server
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Cannot Connect to Analysis server

Server instalation: MSFT Sql Server 2K (SP3) Analysis Server (SP1) Client instalation: Analysis Manager (MDAC 8.0) Client user is a member of group OLAP Administrator When i try to connect from client (Analysis Manager) to Analysis Server over LAN i get this message: Cannot connect to Analysis Server Network error. Can anyone help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

probelm with asp and sql 2000 server

hi, help needed!!!! i want to connect SQL with ASP using connection string .how to install sql 2000 server on windows xp professional edition .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sql server 2000 on win2k VS 2k3 problem

Hi all, I'm running into a problem that has me absolutely stumped. In my environment, we have 3 locations, and thus 3 file servers and 3 sql servers. 2 of these locations are on 2k advanced, and the third is on 2003 server. The problem i'm having is involving an ASP script. To make a lot of code short, -asp page passes in vars to a store procedure -stored procedure populates a temp table and uses a sysobjects temp table as well -temp table is then joined to a View In the view lies the problem. in alter mode, it looks like this: Code: ALTER view dbo.vw_DSHistory_1 as select top 100 percent datepart(hour,calltime) as HourOfCall, cast(left(callTime,11) as datetime) as DayOfCall, agent, reason, finishcode, resultcode, status, c.job_name from SJ4005_CallHistory as h join SJ4005 as c on h.i3_rowID = c.i3_rowID where calltime between '08/03/2004 8:00:00' and '08/03/2004 23:59:59' order by cast(left(callTime,11) as datetime), datepart(hour,calltime) The dates and 'SJ4005' is a dynmaically written view passed in vars to the store procedure. Code: insert into @tempResults (fields) --values in a select: select . . . . from vw_DSHistory_1 h group by h.Job_Name, h.DayOfCall, h.HourOfCall order by h.DayOfCall, h.HourOfCall, h.Job_Name This all works 100% on two of our servers. word for word copy paste onto our 3rd, on 2k3, and the view is not updating the variable fields. Is there a setting im missing does 2k3 have some kind of permission issue with passing a var from more than one thing (asp -> sp -> vw)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Synchronizing 2 databases

I have a MS SQL server database.I want to synchronize this database with the Microsoft Outlook database (The synchronizing program should access the Outlook database using the Outlook API provided by Microsoft).ie, any changes made in the SQL server database should be reflected in the Outlook database and vice versa. The schemas of the 2 databases are quite similar.This need not be done in real time i.e I could do this once a week.When I run the synchronize program, it should compare the 2 databases and synchronize them so that they are consistent.Any tips/pointers as to how I should go about this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Differenec between access & sql server

I know and have worked with MS Access for over 3 years now. Just would like to know if there is very much difference between MS Access and SQL Server. Are they similiar or are they completely different. In terms of designing forms, reports, sql. Appreciate some feed back and also where I could view or look at sql server.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

two servers 1 being remote

There is a remote server being set up that is a database (sql2K) This server will store paths to its folders containing scanned images (images around 250k each) I have a website that has a calendar of events, the user of the calendar can have the ability to select supporting documents for the event they create on the calendar (so the calendar event needs a link to the documents on the other server. The website is fully under a ssl key and the remote db server is not. I don't was to inconvience users / give up security by having them click a link to load files from an unsecure location. How would it be best to keep the security of the ssl and create a link from the secure web calendar of events to unsecure supporting documents on another server. When the user uses the calendar of events, since it is dynamic, the users login information is passed along so the user views their information. This is what i was thinking, would it be possible to pass the users Login information to a store procedure in remote server (which would only be listening for the web servers ip address) THis procedure would then pass back to the website (at a different ip) the urls to the images. My main issue is avoiding the security prompts created from importing unsecure info and clicking a link to unsecure info FROM a secured. Any suggestions on how i can do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Text data type in sql server

hi , can any one tell me how "text" data type is used in sql server especially in writing stored procedures.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MS sql server to MS access

my web system ( asp code ) is build in sql server database. After i change or convert to access database. my web system got an error ( Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E07) Data type mismatch in criteria expression. ) pls help me and tell me why this happen and how to solve it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Creating Table With Programming in server

hi I restored my database in my server but as I heard I should create My tables with programming and put them in db folder to make them known for server But I dont know how to do that Becouse in my own PC with IIS I just create them in SQLSERVER and there was no problem please help and guide me tanx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

probs getting data in datagrid to load

hi. i am new to sql databases and am currently trying to get the table to populate with data from the database cnCMS. I have been following the ADO.NET step by step text but, when i compile, i keep getting a blank page. below is the method I am using for when the page loads. any ideas what i might be doing wrong\t any suggestion much appreciated. thanks in advance. Code: privatevoid BindDataGrid() { string sqlQuery = "SELECT AccountID, UserName, Password, " + "Email, ModifiedDate, CreationDate FROM Account"; cnCMSNET.Open(); SqlDataAdapter daAccount = new SqlDataAdapter(sqlQuery, cnCMS); daAccount.Fill(dsMaster2, "Account"); DataGrid1.DataSource = dsMaster2.Tables["Account"].DefaultView; DataGrid1.DataBind(); cnCMSNET.Close(); }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

help....can't even install SQL server in XP!

Hi all, i need help for the installation.. SQL server 2000 gave me the error "The logon account cannot be validated for the SQL service . Verify that the user name and password entered are correct. The logon attempt failed." I used my windows XP administrator account username and password .. why it won't allowed me to install using a Domain user account instead of the local system account\t The funny thing is that i did installed SQL server before but the SQL server service cannot be logon when i tried to use it..so i reformatted my HD. Please help.....i do not wish to reformat my HD again or use the local system account during the installation. Local System account vs Domain User account.. which is better\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL server Reporting services

I have generated reports using SQL server reporting services 2000. I need to put a print button in the report tool bar which will prints the content displayed in the report(only the report content). Can any body tell me how to enable the print option in the tool bar.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL server DSN

hello, how to setup SQL server DSN in windows XP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ODBC connection to two databases

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect to multiple databases in one connection. I have an application where i can only select one connectionstring or ODBC.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Scheduled job not getting completed on first run(takes more than 13 hrs to complete)

we are facing problem with Job performance it is taking hours to get completed : Requirement description: Requirement was to create a job which can run every week and can archive the old records (older then 365 days i.e. around 40000 Records) into an archive database and after Successful archival it deletes those from the live database. Implementation Description: I have created a scheduled job which calls "MASTER_SP" stored procedure; MASTER_SP Stored Procedure in turn calls two more stored procedures "ARCHIVE_SP" and "PURGE_SP" in a single transaction. ARCHIVE_SP Stored procedure archives the data from LIVE_DATABSE to ARCHIVE_DATABASE then PURGE_SP stored procedure Deletes that data from LIVE_DATABSE Problem Description: We took a database dump from the live environment and restored on testing environment, made changes to job and started the job for 40000 records(first run), job dint get Completed in 13 hours so I cancelled the job run. Then we tried with these tests and here are the statistics Second run 2500 records: job gets completed in 12 mins and 30 secs. Third run for 11000 records: job gets completed in 1 min and 30 secs. Fourth run 41000 records: Job gets completed in 1 min and 47 secs. Fifth run 113000: job gets completed in 4 mins and 30 secs. Sixth run 283000: job gets completed in 23 mins. We are facing the problem when job is run for first time on the restored database with huge number of records (i.e. around 40000 Records), CPU utilization is reaching to 100% on this machine, Here SQLSERVER process is utilizing CPU a lot. On the same restored database If we run the job with less number of records say 2500, then this job(i.e 2500 Records) gets completes in 12 minutes, and rest of the successive job runs(i.e. for 40000,113000, 283000) gets completed without any problem. statistics are shown above Can anyone say the exact reason why it creates problem on first run, please come up with some suggestions, so that i can implement them and move code into production.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Two seperate records getting mixed up?

Can somebody please help with this problem I seem to have. I have a shopping cart that connects to the DB and adds orders as records. If two customers click on submit at the same time then both orders become one order. For example the order will consist of one customer's billing address and another customer's credit card details. Really not good stuff, how can I stop that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

two databases

I have two databases inside sql server 2000 both have access 2000 as the GUI user interface. How can I make an interface between the two of them. Like a command button that take you to a table in a different database how do I go about doing that\t can anyone help\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Microsoft OLE DB provider for SQL Server not available

I have just written screeds to explain this very frustrating problem and the system didn't accept my login so here goes again. I am using codecharge studio to develop a web application and am having huge problems with making a connection to an SQL database. The problem occurs with the connection string builder. I have tried other providers e.g. to an Access database and they all work. The provider causing grief is Microsft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server. the error message is that the provider is no longer available. I ran the DEPENDS utility and it would appear to be related to a file called MSDART.DLL, which caused me a heap of grief the other night and I thought I had resolved it by reinstallind MDAC 2.8 but this is not the case. I cannot afford to do a total system reinstall as I simply do not have the time and I will end up losing a heap of work so need to resolve it some other method. I am desperate to get it solved as I have the opportunity of doing a contract which will give some much needed funds as I have been without income for over 8 weeks as well. Cheers Lesley
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

View over multiple databases

i have 2 databases (on 1 instance of sql server) i would like a view in database A bases on data in database B 1) is this possible 2) if yes, how do i do this 3) how are permissions and user involved
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!