Database connection

I'm hosting my website on streamline and I was told that there are only 255 connections allowed per database server(MySQL).
Could anyone explain me what does it meas Is that good

Thank you
Posted On: Saturday 10th of November 2012 04:34:30 AM Total Views:  201
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Copy all tables, stored procedures and functions from one database to another one

Hi , I would like to copy all tables, stored procedures and functions from one database to another (both databases are located in the same server) in MS SQL server 2008. I would like to copy is only the schema including primary key and index but not data. Could anyone suggest how to do it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Identity column not retaing during database export

Im using SQL server 2008 to import a database from a different server. both the servers are sql server 2008 Some of my source tables have identity column. During import the identity columns are not getting created as identity in my destination database. The column looses the identity property. i'm also loosing the primary key properties during import. I created a fresh database and try to import by giving the option create tables in the sql server import wizard. it did'nt work. How can I retain the identity columns and primary keys during import
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Upload file to SQL database using classic ASP

, I am trying to upload files (.doc/.pdf) to a SQL database (2005) but I am really struggling to find any step by step guides. This is what happens on my ASP form: User selects a document Document is currently upload to a temp file and sent to a email address However it also needs to be stored within a database field. I have set the field type within the database to Image. But I am unsure about how I save the binary data information when all I really have is a link to the document (for example C://) from the user. I also want to be able to download this document at a later date, this is also possible Thank you in advance for any help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using SQL Server 2005 database with ASP

I have managed to use SQL Express to connect to my website via Visual Studio. However, when I attempt to "Publish" my website using ftp, I receive an error, stating that the web server doesn't exist. I know my user name and password, and ports work because I have managed to successfully use dreamweaver to connect to the website via ftp. So there must be something wrong with visual studio right Also if I manage to upload my website, will the database upload with it Plus, can anyone help with code to search a SQL Database, with ASP.net controls I have managed to establish the connection offline, and it works as I have connected made tables using the SQL Express database. Thank you, Callum
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help setting up database

its peebman2000, i'm currently building a .Net questionnaire application. I've coded some of the other functionality of the app, now I need to build core part of the app. I'm having trouble decideing on how to build the database for the questions and answers for the questionnaire part. I thought of building it this way: Table: Question(ques_id, question_text) Answer(ans_id, answer)''''this hold all possible 250 answers user can choose from'''''' User(user_id, username) Questiontoanswer(quesans_id, ques_id, ans_id)'''this holds the questionid along with the possible answer id Questionuseranswer(ques_user_ans_id, user_id, quesans_id)''''this table is used to look up the question and the posssible answer the user selected This could seem to work, but coding wise i don't feel this is the best set up for the questionnaire application, because each question has either a partA and Part B. My question is does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to build a question and answer database in SQL Let me know and I appreciate any help,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do I access my database in SQL server 2005?

, I have created a database in Viusal Studio Web Developer 2005 and I have now downloaded the SQL server 2005 express edition and I'm trying to connect to my database which is stored on my local hard drive. Any one knows how I can connect to my database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Copy server database to my pc

I backed up the server database and put it on my pc. Now, I have no idea how to restore it to my pc. I would like to work on the database on my pc if possible. When I try to restore it, it wants to restore it to the server it came from. How in the heck do I do this I didnt detach it first - maybe that's why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Discover relationships between existing tables of a database

Friends, I am right now working on a project that has a database with over 100 tables in a database. Because of extreme time constraints the developers didn't build in any relationships or constraints between or in the tables. Now I need to remodel the database such that the database is more structured and normalized. I don't have much knowledge about the database design since it is a 2 year old application and the person who developed the database is now gone. I know remodelling the database would require knowledge of the existing database and business rules. I was wondering if there are any tools that could suggest or discover relationships between tables. For eg. Lets say there are two tables named 'Customer' and 'Order'. I notice that there is a column named 'id' in Customer and a column named 'customer_id' in Order. So I ask the tool to discover a relationship between id and customer_id and it tells me that there is a one-one or one-many or no relationship by comparing values. I heard ERWin would be able to do that but thats expensive. Please do let me know asap.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Syncronizing online and offline database

Hi , I have made a web application for office automation system. The system includes complete office activities including accounts.the company has branch offices in diferent cities.And all the office will be controlled by head office. The system is perfect if whole system is online. Now what i have to do is that the head office will work offline and all other office will be online.On every eve the databasewill be taken offline and that should be merged in offline database automatically. In short the concept is like wt is done in banks. But i am stuck how can i do this Any Help is appreciated..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Insert from one database to another

I am trying to copy data from database A and insert it into database B using the SQL Insert into statements. I got an error message saying, "An explicit value for the identity column in table 'CellPowerInventory.dbo.tblCreditors' can only be specified when a column list is used and IDENTITY_INSERT is ON'". Can somone tell me what I should do to solve this problem I am using a field which has an Identity value. Both the database has the same structure. Code: condb.Execute "Delete from CellPowerInventory.dbo.tblCreditors" condb.Execute "Insert into CellPowerInventory.dbo.tblCreditors Select * from tblCreditors"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with adding to database

, When I try to add a new record using the following script I get this error: ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3' Current Recordset does not support updating. This may be a limitation of the provider, or of the selected locktype. /newsigning.asp, line 81 Here is the code: Code: strSQL = "select * from user_info where userid = "& session("userid") &"" SET rs1 = adoconn.EXECUTE(strSQL) if(Request.QueryString("action") = "update_activity") then actid = request.form("actid") compid = Request.Form("company_id") order_no = Request.Form("job_code") contact = request.form("company_contact") uid = session("userid") co_area = Request.Form("company_area") co_ex = Request.Form("company_exchange") co_num = Request.Form("company_number") co_ext = Request.Form("company_ext") fname = Request.Form("first_name") lname = Request.Form("last_name") co_fname = Request.Form("co_first_name") co_lname = Request.Form("co_last_name") p_area = Request.Form("p_area") p_ex = Request.Form("p_exchange") p_num = Request.Form("p_number") w_area = Request.Form("w_area") w_ex = Request.Form("w_exchange") w_num = Request.Form("w_number") m_area = Request.Form("m_area") m_ex = Request.Form("m_exchange") m_num = Request.Form("m_number") primary_phone = Request.form("primary_phone") address1 = request.Form("address_1") address2 = request.Form("address_2") city = request.Form("city") state1 = request.Form("state") zip = request.Form("zip") country_id = request.Form("county") appmonth = request.Form("month") appday = request.Form("day") appyear = request.Form("year") apphour = request.Form("hour") appminute = request.Form("minute") appampm = request.Form("am_pm") appdatetime = appmonth & "/" & appday & "/" & appyear confirmed = request.Form("confirmed") fee = request.Form("fee") notarizations = request.Form("notarizations") od_begining = request.form("od_begining") od_end_leg = request.Form("od_end_leg") od_end_rt = request.Form("od_end_rt") inb_doc_delivery_id = request.Form("inb_doc_delivery_id") delivery_company_id1 = request.Form("delivery_company_id1") tracking_num1 = request.Form("tracking_num1") delivery_company_id2 = request.Form("delivery_company_id2") tracking_num2 = request.Form("tracking_num2") comments = request.Form("comments") notes = request.Form("notes") updsql= "update activities set compid = "& compid &", order_no = '"& order_no &"', contact = '"& contact &"', co_area = "& co_area &", co_ex = "& co_ex &", co_num = "& co_num &", co_ext = "& co_ext &", fname = '"& fname &"', lname = '"& lname &"',co_fname = '"& co_fname &"', co_lname = '"& co_lname &"', p_area = "& p_area &", p_ex = "& p_ex &", p_num = "& p_num &", w_area = "& w_area &", w_ex = "& w_ex &", w_num = "& w_num &", m_area = "& m_area &", m_ex = "& m_ex &", m_num = "& m_num &", primary_phone = '"& primary_phone &"', address1 = '"& address1 &"', address2 = '"& address2 &"', city = '"& city &"', state = '"& state1 &"', zip = "& zip &", country_id = "& country_id &", app_date = '"& appdatetime &"',app_hour = "& apphour &", app_min = "& appminute &", app_ampm = '"& appampm &"',confirmed = '"& confirmed &"',fee = "& fee &", notarizations = "& notarizations &", od_begining = "& od_begining &", od_end_leg = "& od_end_leg &", od_end_rt = "& od_end_rt &",inb_doc_delivery_id = "& inb_doc_delivery_id &", delivery_company_id1 = "& delivery_company_id1 &",tracking_num1 = "& tracking_num1 &", delivery_company_id2 = "& delivery_company_id2 &", tracking_num2 = "& tracking_num2 &", comments = '"& comments &"', notes = '"& notes &"', actdate ='"& date &"' where actid = " & actid & "" 'response.write(updsql) 'set rs = server.createobject("ADODB.Recordset") 'set rs = adoconn.Execute(updsql) 'Set RS = Nothing 'Response.Redirect("calendar.asp") set rs = server.createobject("ADODB.Recordset") strSQL = "select * from activities where actid = " & actid & "" 'set rs = adoconn.Execute(strsql) rs.open strSQL,adoconn,2,3 if not rs.eof then 'rs.AddNew 'rs("actid") = actid 'rs("userid") = uid rs("compid") = compid 'if trim(order_no) "" then rs("order_no") = order_no 'end if 'if trim(order_no) "" then rs("contact") = contact 'end if if trim(co_area) "" then rs("co_area") = co_area else rs("co_area") = NULL end if if trim(co_ex) "" then rs("co_ex") = co_ex else rs("co_ex") = NULL end if if trim(co_num) "" then rs("co_num") = co_num else rs("co_num") = NULL end if if trim(co_ext) "" then rs("co_ext") = co_ext else rs("co_ext") = NULL end if rs("fname") = fname rs("lname") = lname rs("co_fname") = co_fname rs("co_lname") = co_lname if trim(p_area) "" then rs("p_area") = p_area else rs("p_area") = NULL end if if trim(p_ex) "" then rs("p_ex") = p_ex else rs("p_ex") = NULL end if if trim(p_num) "" then rs("p_num") = p_num else rs("p_num") = NULL end if if trim(w_area) "" then rs("w_area") = w_area else rs("w_area") = NULL end if if trim(w_ex) "" then rs("w_ex") = w_ex else rs("w_ex") = NULL end if if trim(w_num) "" then rs("w_num") = w_num else rs("w_num") = NULL end if if trim(m_area) "" then rs("m_area") = m_area else rs("m_area") = NULL end if if trim(m_ex) "" then rs("m_ex") = m_ex else rs("m_ex") = NULL end if if trim(m_num) "" then rs("m_num") = m_num else rs("m_num") = NULL end if rs("primary_phone") = primary_phone rs("address1") = address1 rs("address2") = address2 rs("city") = city rs("state") = state1 rs("zip") = zip rs("country_id") = country_id rs("app_date") = appdatetime if trim(apphour) "" then rs("app_hour") = apphour else rs("app_hour") = NULL end if if trim(appminute) "" then rs("app_min") = appminute else rs("app_min") = NULL end if if trim(appampm) "" then rs("app_ampm") = appampm else rs("app_ampm") = NULL end if rs("confirmed") = confirmed rs("fee") = fee rs("notarizations") = notarizations if trim(od_begining) "" then rs("od_begining") = od_begining else rs("od_begining") = NULL end if if trim(od_end_leg) "" then rs("od_end_leg") = od_end_leg else rs("od_end_leg") = NULL end if if trim(od_end_rt) "" then rs("od_end_rt") = od_end_rt else rs("od_end_rt") = NULL end if rs("inb_doc_delivery_id") = inb_doc_delivery_id if trim(delivery_company_id1) "none" then rs("delivery_company_id1") = delivery_company_id1 else rs("delivery_company_id1") = NULL end if if trim(tracking_num1) "" then rs("tracking_num1") = tracking_num1 else rs("tracking_num1") = NULL end if if trim(delivery_company_id2) "none" then rs("delivery_company_id2") = delivery_company_id2 else rs("delivery_company_id2") = NULL end if if trim(tracking_num2) "" then rs("tracking_num2") = tracking_num2 else rs("tracking_num2") = NULL end if rs("comments") = comments rs("notes") = notes rs("actdate") = date 'rs("invoicedate") = date rs("status") = "pending" rs.update rs.close Set RS = Nothing Response.Redirect("calendar.asp")
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Object database

can i store a .pdf file or .ppt file in object database as an object and how can i retrive them Is it possible plz the reply is very much required
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_OACreate', database 'master', owner 'dbo'.

I want to send email using sql stored procedure.my code is work fine in my local sqlserver account. when I use my online sql server it display this error. EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_OACreate', database 'master', owner 'dbo'. EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_OASetProperty', database 'master', owner 'dbo'. EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_OAMethod', database 'master', owner 'dbo'. EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_OADestroy', database 'master', owner 'dbo'. How canI solove this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Migrating database between webhosts - urgent help needed

I have a problem. A big problem. Two months ago we launched a web portal on the servers of UK company UKHost4U. Thier service soon proved to be a lot to be deed, shoddy service, downtime, endless database connectivity problems. The final straw came a few days ago when, due to them continually rebooting their servers, our database corrupted. We have decided to move to a new hosting company, but are now experiencing real problems getting a copy of our database. We have been sent a copy of our last backup, but it appears this will be of no use if we move to a new provider. Why Because they outsource thier server management to a US based company called Plesk, who sound like and behave like a villian from Star Trek. Basically Plesk's software had added unwanted extras to our database, and when trying to run it locally it asks for Plesk files. The implications are obvious, if we want our database we have to find a provide that also uses Plesk software. I am not even sure if this is legal. We are not happy with this situation, and want to know how to get a pristine copy of our database to take to a new company. I have heard that there is a process whereby I can make a backup of the databse via ASP, and then reinstall it back into SQL at the other end, but this sounds beyond my novice expertise. Can anyone shed light on this process However, I am enraged I have to take the time and effort to do what should be a (presumably) straightforward task of moving a database to a new host - purely because of inadequite service. What are your experiences of this scenario, is this a common problem If not do I have legal recourse This is reaching crisis level, any help and advice is much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Call stored procedure from another database

How do I call a stored procedure from a trigger inside another database (on the same server)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

importing online data in local database

i want to import online data in local database when i click on the alltask >> import >> then i have select the server but it shows me the local server only in the list . how i can add the online database server there. please help me. my local server is shalimarserver and i want the online databtase server xxxx to be add in the list when i import the data in shalimarserver.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Urgent!!! Help! --Update records in database

Haiii......I have an error like this-->Error Type:Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E14)Syntax error in UPDATE statement.I want to update records in my database.... using vbscript and microsoft access...Why this error happen Please help me!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

add database to server

I am writing an ASP page on my computer running win98 with pws .the connect to the database in acceess its very good (with the ODBC). but how i can put oll my site with database in this server with html and js its ok but,with the asp ,database how i can do this.in my computer after setting ODBC and driver of microsoft access evrything good .helppppppppppppppppppppppppp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

unable to insert into the database

,i created a table. example : testfieldnames are : col1 , col2 , col3when i am going to insert into the col3 i am getting error. is beacause of the in fieldname.if there is a in field name , what is method Dim objDBDim objRSDim sDBNamesDBName = "driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};dbq=e:example.mdb"Set objDB = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")objDB.O pen sDBNameSet objRS = objDB.Execute("insert into test(col1,col2,col3) values('" & a & "','" & b & "','" & c & "')")it is working with first two field names. i am getting error with 3rd field name because of in the field name (i think) what is the solution
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Adding a new table to an existing database structure?

Hi all, how are you I Have a question regarding the above heading. I'm certain you can add tables to an existing database, but what are the complications, concerns you should bare in mind Can I add it anywhere in the database structure or should it be added to the nearest table in the structure Essentially, I was hoping to get some pointers before I add a new table in my database. Kind regards MG
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!