Can someone point out what is wrong with this cast statement?

Need to convert some columns to different data type, but this statement will not work. Any idea what I am missing (mgmt Studio has the first 'CAST' and 'AS' underlined.

SELECT CAST [ETL_ID as int] as ETL_ID,
NAMEX,
DU_DEGREE_STATUS,
DU_ESTS_DESC,
Cast [BANNER_ID as (varchar(36),Null)]as BANNER_ID,
DU_COLLEGE_DESC,
cAST [DU_DEL_TERM_CODE_ADMIT as (VARCHAR(255),NULL)] AS DU_DEL_TERM_CODE_ADMIT,
AGE,
ETHNICITY_DESCRIPTION,
GENDER,
cAST [T1 as (VARCHAR(255),NULL)] AS T1,
T1Status,
cAST [T2 as (VARCHAR(255),NULL)] as T2,
T2Status,
cAST [T3 as (VARCHAR(255),NULL)] as T3,
T3Status,
cAST [T4 as (VARCHAR(255),NULL)] as T4,
T4Status
FROM dbo.['Tracking 3$']
Posted On: Sunday 30th of December 2012 11:17:42 PM Total Views:  243
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft SQL Server PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Integration Service - One question...

I wrote/built the whatever objects on the Integration Service (DTS or Data Transformation Service). There is one thing I couldn't figured out.. If I use the "Execute SQL Task" to get the two values in minimum year and maximum year. Then how can I use them to go with the 'Where' clause within the SQL Command (Query) to the "DataSource Reader" object It doesn't look like it is possible so instead, what object should I use that will make this possible
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Insert Error: SQL Server error '80040e14'

Hi!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Import files into sql server 2000

I hope I posted this in the correct spot. I am going to have a text file that I am going to load into a sql server 2000 table. What's the best way to do it Can I import it into a temporary table, then use an update query to load into the table I have only imported files into Access, and I am not sure if this is different. I would appreciate any tips and suggestions.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

In over my head!!

I am installing a retail management system at my current job. It uses sql server 2005, to build it's data base. Unfortunetly I can't get past the log in page. I know is that I think my server name is your-4dacd0ea75. I don't know the default username and password. I might add that this computer is not running any type of network to any other computer. This will be it's own server. Oh and I know nothing of SQL servers so if you answer please do it as if you were talking to a 12 year old...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SUM Hours For One Day

I am currently writing a module for the Time Clock we use. Right now I am using the following SQL: Code: SELECT EmployeeID, DATEDIFF(Minute,TimeIn,TimeOut) AS TotalHoursDay, TimeIn, TimeOut, JobCode FROM EmployeeHours WHERE EmployeeID = '" & LoginID & "' AND TimeIn BETWEEN '" & GetStartWeek & "' AND '" & GetEndWeek & "' ORDER BY TimeIn ASC I later take TotalHoursDay and divide it by 60 to give me the hours. What this shows me is the total time for each time that an employee clocks and and clocks out. This can be multiple times in a day as an employee will clock out for lunch. For instance: 10/19/2006 8:00 to 12:00 4 hours 10/19/2006 1:00 to 5:00 4 hours I want to add up both of these entries to give me the total of 8 hours for the day.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why does this happen...SQL Server error '80004005'

I would like to know what causes this error, b/c its happening in different spots throughout the scripts i have ran. The first script will run fine and then the second one will run about a fourth, halfway, or 3/4 the way thru and then it give me this error. This error never happens at the beginning but somewhere in the script at times. Its just spotty and I don't know why. I've ran these scripts several times before and in the past week this has been beating me up. I've been praying that I wouldn't get errors and was successful twice. What's going on Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).] SQL Server does not exist or access denied. (response to my question) If other connections in the same script are running OK and later ones aint, using the same connection details. If it is different database accesses that give the message at different times, then I would want proof that the network was OK, cos it could be losing the connection between the web and SQL servers. If it is at the same points all the time, make sure you are using the (Me) OK, about a couple of weeks ago, i was running the the script off a web server that was across town about 10 miles away on a 10 mb pipe (a freakin coffee stir if you ask me) and our server resides in our office and received that error. So I switched to running the script off of my localhost and the same thing has happened stopping at the same point sometimes. the scripts are running from the same connection details and i never had a problem before until the last couple of weeks. I know this isn't the forum to ask, but i have to. How do i check the network to see if its ok
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to open and see data in Tables of MSSQLServer Database

Hallo Now I have to analyse so many Software systems that my company is using and I have to extract the Datamodels behind these systems. One of these systems is developed with a MSSQLserver backend. Now I have to open this server tables and see the table structures and data directly how we see in Access. Please help me by telling the way to open this database. any help is very much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need help on database

Sorry, I'm a newbie out there when it comes to creating database. I currently have an ASP.Net project which requires a database. I spent the past few days thinking about how to create a proper database for the application but to no avail. I think tis thread might be out of point for tis forum, but i am really in need of help. Here goes the storyline of my database: The project is an online project management system, meant for students to submit their deliverables (reports, eg. Minutes, agenda, project monitor chart) Lecturers will access the web application to grade the students submission. The application must allow administrators to add in new subjects. When a new subject is added, the subject leader will set a dateline for a particular module to be submitted. Eg, minutes dateline. Once the dateline is due, the system will inform the lecturers in charge of who/which group did not submit the module. Lecturers and subject leaders can then generate warning letters to be sent via email to the students involved. Lecturers and subject leaders will be able to make announcements through the system as well. A student can either submit his/her work as an individual or as a group. A student will be studying more than 1 subject. A subject will consist of more than 1 module. Every module will have a dateline for its submission. Students can make more than 1 submission for each module. Students belong to different groups/classes for different subjects. For different modules, there will be different fields to be inserted into the database. Example, in the Minutes module, the student will have to be able to key in the objectives, the date of the meeting, the venue, its members, absent members, actual minutes, action by and meeting end time. In the Project monitor chart module, the student will have to key in the week/date, the name of the member, task involved, as well as the status. When a new subject is created, the subject leader will have to specify the percentage of each different module. (Eg, Exams 40%, Term test 15%, and so on.) A subject will also be taught by more than 1 lecturer. So subject leader will specify the lecturers teaching that particular subject. I hope someone out there can help me out on the construction of a database for the above storyline.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

My MDF File is Corrupted - Page 2

Originally Posted by jetchan Hi Backslas, I also agree with GK Information it's gathering so much useful information but dear i don't find out my solution and which type of 3rd party software you are talking about ,can you please explain if you have any Application which provide my problem's solution with support service. Jetchan, Stellar Phoenix provides 24 Hrs free technical support from Monday to Friday.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Connect ASP page to SQL Table

I am completely new to ASP and I am trying to make an SQL connection from a html page to a SQL 2008 database database name is Exchange table name is Report Here is what I have so far but I don't get anyting when I click on the the query.html file MS Exchange Report Testing Phase [Code]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Database connection

I'm hosting my website on streamline and I was told that there are only 255 connections allowed per database server(MySQL). Could anyone explain me what does it meas Is that good Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Syncronizing online and offline database

Hi , I have made a web application for office automation system. The system includes complete office activities including accounts.the company has branch offices in diferent cities.And all the office will be controlled by head office. The system is perfect if whole system is online. Now what i have to do is that the head office will work offline and all other office will be online.On every eve the databasewill be taken offline and that should be merged in offline database automatically. In short the concept is like wt is done in banks. But i am stuck how can i do this Any Help is appreciated..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Upsizing to sql server from access

hi, I first installed msde on my pc. Then later I installed sql server 2000. I had things working great for a while, until I decided to review how to go about creating an adp. I created a little mdb database then tried to use the upsize wizard to create an adp. Well, I am getting all kinds of sql server errors that I dont understand. This worked about 3 months ago and I haven't changed a thing. So I don't know what's wrong now. I have a mdb that I want to upsize to sql server 2000. My sql server is running it seems. But, when I try to upsize, I get a message that "sql server does not exist". Then it says "Upsize wizard only works for version 6.5 or sp5 or higher ( huh).... Can somebody shed some light for me on this I have to start working with a database pretty soon and I am a little desperate.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

server not found/access denied error

i Can not use Microsoft SQL Server Management studio express , i have to get new login i guess , how could i do it . please help me. it always gives error give me answer soon please SIZE=4]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.[/SIZE] Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

String Manipulation in Query Result

I have the following rows in a table, i have to write a query which returns results as shown Table Values Result -------------- ---------------- 100 --> 100 100N --> 100N 100NCA ---> 100N(CA) 200J ---> 2000J 2000CA ---> 2000(CA) Logic: Check last two characters of string, if both are alphabets, then add ( ) before and after and return...for anything else just return original How can i write such a query
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Querying on first few characters in a field

I have a query that pulls records based on data matching an ID field. Normally, the ID's are 3 digits and are all that exists in the ID field. However, the ID field sometimes contains two ID's (comma separated). So usually you have "735" or "421" in the ID field, but sometimes you have "736,737" or "429,430". Can I use the length() function or truncate inn order to just query on the first 3, before the comma Or some sort of TRIM type function that will do that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

not able to run Microsoft Quickstart examples

, I've installed the.NET Framework SDK Now I want to view one of the quickstart examples but I get the following error-page. Server Error in '/QuickStart/ASPPlus' Application. SQL Server does not exist or access denied Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied Source Error Code: The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL: 1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example: or: 2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application: Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode. Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario. Stack Trace Code: [SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.] System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) +472 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +383 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState) +44 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +304 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +36 _ASP.datalist1_aspx.Page_Load(Object Sender, EventArgs E) +95 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573 I saved the samplecode to my local server, did the two steps mentioned in the 'source code area' but still I get the same error. Does anybody know what my problem is I have Microsoft SQL Server Service Manager version 8.00.194 installed! Please help me out! Thx for your time deef
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Bad Directory - DTS - Global Variables

I am trying to set Global Variable that will open a txt file and import the data into a sql table. I am currently using the sample I found at sqldts.com (Looping, Importing and Archiving). When I set the variable for filename = dbo.cadfilepath.filename, I get a Bad Directory error. My filename data is stored in another table - I am looking for the best approach to calling the filename from the table = cadfilepath and opening the actual text file and importing the data into my project table. ie. Table = CADFilepath(pathname, projectnum) Pathname ProjectNum \\Seasc-Shared\Spln\Shared\Forecast\00000-000.txt 00000-000 \\Seasc-Shared\Spln\Shared\Forecast\00000-001.txt 00000-001 \\Seasc-Shared\Spln\Shared\Forecast\00000-002.txt 00000-002 I want to access the info in CADFIlePath and then open the first record's text file and import this data into my Project Table, then repeat the process until .EOF. I know this sounds confusing and I can email you my documentation - since this website does not allow for attachments. Any assistances is greatly appreciated. Karen
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Send Data from SQL server to another SQL server

I want to send data (actived by a trigger when the record is updated) to another SQL server (different database) which is located on another pc. Both pc's can communicate trough TCP/IP. Is this possible and what are the basics to establising that. Can anyone help me... Thx in advance.... Kurt
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

German characters

I would like to know if SQL supports German characters stored as varchar
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

conditional formatting

i have an simple invoice sheet and in "total" coloumn i need to put a formula like IF < 8.50 THEN VALUE =8.50 it is something like we dont do delivery less then 8.50 so if the TOTAL is less than 8.50 then it should turn in to 8.50 automatically. can someone help pleaseee\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Data type for better performance

Hi all For better database performance and search, What data type is good for storing phone number number or text And also for currency, should I use currency data type or number.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Insert date problem

good people! I need help with something that looks like a FAQ question, but one I have not found an answer to by googleing through the net yet. I have a fairly simple ASP page that has a user registration form on it. This, as does several of the scripts in the application, is supposed to register a date/time value for the registration of the user, a Now() value in the script that does the actual updating of the database. I am currently running the web on one ISP, and have the SQL server located on another ISP (where I also have webspace for testing etc) Our business is expanding, and we need to upgrade the database solution from MSAccess. The 5! approaches I have now tried are: 1. A rs.AddNew -> rs.Update approach as I used with MSAccess 2. A rs.Execute(INSERT INTO approach 3. A Stored Procedure which is the exact operations done in 2. 4. A Stored Procedure with an additional return of the IDENTITY value for the new record 5. A Stored Procedure with an additional return of the IDENTITY value for the new record, and with the problem field passed as a nvarchar 5 work flawlessly when run on the same ISP as the SQL server is on, only 1. work on my main web ISP! The errors I get thrown at me are for 2. are an "out of range date during the conversion" or "syntax error" if I try to omit the single quotes for the date. The sproc in 3. returns an error message "when converting from varchar to datetime" etc (You have probably seen the full message...) The sproc in 4. gives the same error message as 3. The sproc in 5. does actually write the record, but also throws an "arithmetic overflow" message and consequently does not insert value in the date field! I just cannot believe that there are no EASY answer to this problem, and that a backbone technology like the MS SQL Server cannot handle data getting inserted from webpages with date settings other than the one the server itself is using...... And please, a newbie like me would need a bit more than 'try using CAST and CONVERT' as an answer to this. The code for the two latter sprocs that I would like to use to minimize net traffic for this rather simple operation are given below. Hope someone will be able to give me a decent answer, and save the rest of my weekend!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Log Shrink

Hi I have a transactional log that size is 7286.12mb and space used is 548.42mb. When i shrink log to 1000mb i get something like this: Current size: 7286.12mb and space used: 623.53mb. I think that current size should be 1000mb. Why current size still 7286.12mb.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Procedure or function user_verify has too many arguments specified

Please help me with this one: DB:42000, NativeError:8144, [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Procedure or function user_verify has too many arguments specified. USE [RanUser] GO /****** Object: StoredProcedure [dbo].[user_verify] Script Date: 03/01/2008 05:49:17 ******/ SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[user_verify] @userId char(25), @userPass char(25), @userIp char(25), @SvrGrpNum int, @SvrNum int, @nReturn int OUTPUT AS DECLARE @nAvailable int, @nUserNum int, @nState int, -- Declare variables used in error checking. @error_var int, @rowcount_var int, @nBlock int, @BlockDate datetime SET NOCOUNT ON SET @nReturn = 0 SET @nUserNum = 0 SELECT @nUserNum=UserInfo.UserNum, @nState=UserInfo.UserLoginState, @nBlock=UserInfo.UserBlock, @BlockDate=UserInfo.UserBlockDate FROM UserInfo WHERE UserID = @userId AND UserPass = @userPass AND UserAvailable = 1 ----------------------------------------------------------------- -- ID / PWD 眉农... IF @nUserNum = 0 BEGIN -- ID / PWD 阂老摹 肚绰 荤侩阂啊瓷惑怕 SET @nReturn = 0 RETURN @nReturn END ELSE BEGIN -- ID / PWD 老摹 SET @nReturn = 1 -- 5 吝汗立加, 捞固 立加登绢 乐澜 IF @nState = 1 BEGIN SET @nReturn = 5 RETURN @nReturn END END ----------------------------------------------------------------- -- IP Address 眉农 IF (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM IPInfo WITH (NOLOCK) WHERE ipAddress = @userIp) > 0 -- IP 沥焊 乐澜 BEGIN SELECT @nAvailable = useAvailable FROM IPInfo WHERE ipAddress = @userIp IF @nAvailable = 1 BEGIN SET @nReturn = 2 -- ID/PWD 啊 老摹窍绊, IP 啊 荤侩啊瓷 END ELSE BEGIN SET @nReturn = 4 -- ID/PWD 啊 老摹窍绊, IP 啊 荤侩阂啊瓷 惑怕 END END ELSE -- IP 沥焊 绝澜 BEGIN SET @nReturn = 3 -- ID/PWD 啊 老摹窍绊, IP 沥焊绰 绝澜 END ----------------------------------------------------------------- -- Block 咯何 魄窜 IF (@nBlock = 1) BEGIN IF (@BlockDate > GetDate()) BEGIN SET @nReturn = 6 END ELSE BEGIN UPDATE UserInfo SET UserBlock=0 WHERE UserNum = @nUserNum SET @nReturn = 2 END END ----------------------------------------------------------------- -- 荤侩磊 荤侩矫埃 眉农 IF (@nReturn = 1) OR (@nReturn = 2) OR (@nReturn = 3) BEGIN -- 荤侩吝, 付瘤阜 肺弊牢矫埃 技泼 UPDATE UserInfo SET UserLoginState=1, LastLoginDate=getdate(), SGNum=@SvrGrpNum, SvrNum=@SvrNum WHERE UserNum = @nUserNum -- 立加肺弊 巢扁扁 INSERT INTO LogLogin (UserNum, UserID, LogInOut, LogIpAddress) VALUES (@nUserNum, @userId, 1, @userIp) -- 烹拌 诀单捞飘 UPDATE StatLogin SET LCount = LCount+1 WHERE LYear=Year(GetDate()) AND LMonth=Month(GetDate()) AND LDay=Day(GetDate()) AND LHour=DatePart(hour, GetDate()) SELECT @error_var = @@ERROR, @rowcount_var = @@ROWCOUNT IF @error_var 0 OR @rowcount_var = 0 BEGIN INSERT INTO StatLogin (LYEAR) VALUES (YEAR(GetDate())) END END SET NOCOUNT OFF RETURN @nReturn
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Importing Excel spreadsheet into SQL

Can anyone give me a quickie overview of the job of repeatedly importing an excel spreadsheet into a sql table through enterprise manager I've tried to figure it out with a test xls doc, but I can only seem to import one row, opposed to multiple rows. Not quite sure i get the query builder in the import or the other option to import without the query builder and the SQL help file is a nightmare. Can anyone share some tips **further, I was reading some documents, such as this http://forums.devshed.com/archive/t-35757 and it leads me to believe there HAS to be a way to setup the import outside of Enterprise manager and that it could lead to a more effecient way of importing over and over with an updated spreadsheet. Would an asp page do this on the fly like upload xls file, run page\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

My site got hacked - how to restore backups

Yesterday one of the sites I'm responsible for was hacked. The hacker replaced all news headlines in the database with some "Hacked by blablabla" text. That's all the damage he did (that I'm aware of). My last backup of the database with the correct headlines is a month old (we do manual backups... sad but true). Since then we've had about 50 more news story which I don't have a backup of the headlines. I'll have to correct them manually. So now I have have two backup files: 1. backup-2007-07-07.bak - containing all news stories up until then with the correct headlines. 2. backup-2007-08-19.bak - I made this after the site was hacked so it contains the 50 additional news stories since july 7... but all headlines are messed up. On to my problem... There is only one table that needs to be restored. Is this possible to do with the .bak-fileHow do I restore the backup in the best way Any kind of help would be absolutely lovely... Please tell me if I'm not explaining this matter well enough. If so I'll try to clarify more. (I have almost no experience with SQL Server... my level of knowledge is pretty low. I've been working with LAMP-projects the last 5-6 years so most of my old knowledge of ASP/IIS/SQL Server are forgotten )
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Query two tables with related data

i have this query select distinct drawer, packagetype, doctype from document where drawer = 'abul' returns drawer-packtype-doctype ABUL 1000 0 ABUL 1015 0 ABUL 1017 0 ABUL 9999 NOTE ABUL 1000 RECO ABUL 1000 MISC ABUL 1000 EMAI ABUL 1000 TEST ABUL 1000 FX i have another table named packtype. it has columns packagetype & description. Instead of showing the packtype in the original query, i want to show the description from the packtype table.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Primary Key

How do I set my Primary Key column auto-increment using Enterprise Manager
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with Microsoft SQL Server Database Publishing Wizard

hi, i m trying to retrive scripts using Microsoft SQL Server Database Publishing Wizard but its get fail can any noe suggest me why it so. i ave sql 2005 / 08 both install any problem then
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!

Could not find stored procedure

Hi all, I have a huge problem. I am trying to set up a clients website on a new windows 2003 server with a fresh install of sql server '05. I am getting this message: Could not find stored procedure 'VisitRegister'. The rest of the error looks like this. Code: Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'VisitRegister'. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [SqlException (0x80131904): Could not find stored procedure 'VisitRegister'.] System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +857370 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +734982 System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188 System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +149 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +886 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +132 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +415 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +135 RogueSystems.RogueSystemsHelper.RegisterVisit() +119 RogueSystems.Global.Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +220 System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.RaiseOnStart(EventArgs e) +2163150 System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.CompleteAcquireState() +154 System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +542 System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +90 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 I don't know what to do. I have never set up ASP.Net or SQL Server before and I am quite at a loss. The other problems I have had (finding the right connection string etc) I have been able to resolve myself, but there is still a lot about this I don't understand. I really need some help here. the best, Kursal
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Cursor and Procedure

: I want to find that the ntext column data string have more than 2000 characters. I need to truncate those strings to the segments with 200 character, then put those segments along with their table_name and column_name to another table. Maybe need to use cursor If so, how to use it Your help is highly appreciated. S
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Alter index owner

Need help for altering the index. We want the query to change the index owner of the particular index. Please let me know If anyone knows the solution. TIA
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

A pattern to GUIDs?

go ahead, try it. Run the newid() function 100 times. I guarantee you that you will notice that in a guid with format 'xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx', as long as you run it in the same database on the same server, you will notice that the first character of the third "word" always remains the same. In fact, I tried in on every SQL Server I could touch (about 6), in different databases, and it always came up as a "4". 'xxxxxxxx-xxxx-4xxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx' Anyone know why Anyone see any other patterns in GUIDs
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Data view - export

hi, I created a view on a server, but I don't see any reporting options available for me to format the data. Where is this done in sql server 2000 I also thought I could export the view as a .rpt file, but I am not sure how I will be able to use it later. Can somebody point me in the right direction
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Import Data Form Access To Sql Server 2005

I have a database in ACCESS and i want everytime that there is a change made in Access the cude in SQL server to be automatically updated .Is there a way that this can be doneHELP !!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL Error

When calling a stored procedure, I get the following error: "Syntax error converting the varchar value 'value' to column of datatype int" But it doesn't make sense, as none of the columns I am referencing are of type int, and I am declaring my return parameter to be of type 'varchar'. The stored procedure is as follows: ALTER PROCEDURE sp_GetUserDetails /* How it would appear in QUERY ANALYZER */ ( @UserName VARCHAR(50) = NULL, @ReturnFirstName VARCHAR(50) = NULL ) AS SET @ReturnFirstName = (SELECT FirstName FROM tblUser WHERE UserName = @UserName) RETURN @ReturnFirstName and the code used to call it is: public string FirstName(string txtUser) { SqlConnection myConn2 = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["strConn"]); SqlCommand myCmd2 = new SqlCommand("sp_GetUserDetails", myConn2); myCmd2.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; SqlParameter objParam3; SqlParameter returnParam2; objParam3 = myCmd2.Parameters.Add ("@UserName", SqlDbType.VarChar); returnParam2 = myCmd2.Parameters.Add ("@ReturnFirstName", SqlDbType.VarChar); objParam3.Direction = ParameterDirection.Input; returnParam2.Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue; objParam3.Value = txtUser; if (myConn2.State.Equals(ConnectionState.Closed)) { myConn2.Open(); myCmd2.ExecuteNonQuery(); } else { myConn2.Close(); return (string)returnParam2.Value; } return (string)returnParam2.Value;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Compare two tables

I'm working with sql servre database these are tables in my databas. Code: CREATE TABLE [dbo].[JobSeekerEducation] ( [JobSeekerEducationID] [bigint] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , [JobSeekerID] [bigint] NULL , [EducationTypeID] [tinyint] NULL , [EducationCourseID] [smallint] NULL , ) ON [PRIMARY] GO CREATE TABLE [dbo].[JobSeekerSkill] ( [JobSeekerSkillID] [bigint] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , [JobSeekerID] [bigint] NULL , [SkillCategoryID] [smallint] NULL , [SkillID] [smallint] NULL , ) ON [PRIMARY] GO CREATE TABLE [dbo].[JobSeeker] ( [JobSeekerID] [bigint] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , [FirstName] [varchar] (100) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [Surname] [varchar] (100) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [FullName] [varchar] (200) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [KnownAs] [varchar] (100) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [DateOfBirth] [smalldatetime] NULL , [HomeAddressLine1] [varchar] (100) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [HomeAddressLine2] [varchar] (100) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [HomeCity] [varchar] (100) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [HomeRegion] [varchar] (100) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [HomePostalcode] [varchar] (20) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [HomeCountryID] [smallint] NULL , [EmailAddress] [varchar] (200) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [HomeTelephone] [varchar] (50) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [WorkTelephone] [varchar] (50) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [Mobilephone] [varchar] (50) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [HomeFax] [varchar] (50) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [ContactMethod1ID] [tinyint] NULL , [ContactMethod2ID] [tinyint] NULL , [PreferredEmploymentTypeID1] [tinyint] NULL , [PreferredEmploymentTypeID2] [tinyint] NULL , [PreferredJobSectorID1] [smallint] NULL , [PreferredJobSectorID2] [smallint] NULL , [PreferredCountryLocationID1] [smallint] NULL , [PreferredCountryLocationID2] [smallint] NULL , [PreferredOrganisationTypeID1] [tinyint] NULL , [PreferredOrganisationTypeID2] [tinyint] NULL , [PreferredJobRoleID1] [smallint] NULL , [PreferredJobRoleID2] [smallint] NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] GO CREATE TABLE [dbo].[t_JobVacancy] ( [JobVacancyID] [bigint] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , [ReferenceCode] [varchar] (10) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [JobSectorID] [smallint] NULL , [JobRoleID] [smallint] NULL , [OtherJobRole] [varchar] (100) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [NumberOfVacancies] [tinyint] NULL , [JobVacancyStatusID] [tinyint] NULL , [OrganisationID] [bigint] NULL , [EmploymentTypeID] [tinyint] NULL , [CountryLocationID] [smallint] NULL , [VacancyPostedDate] [smalldatetime] NULL , [VacancyExpiryDate] [smalldatetime] NULL , [JobStartDate] [smalldatetime] NULL , [RecruitmentAgentID] [bigint] NULL , [SalaryRangeID] [tinyint] NULL , [SalaryRate] [varchar] (50) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [Benefits] [varchar] (1000) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [RequiredExperienceLevel] [varchar] (50) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [JobDescription] [varchar] (2000) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL , [EducationTypeID1] [tinyint] NULL , [EducationCourseID1] [smallint] NULL , [EducationTypeID2] [tinyint] NULL , [EducationCourseID2] [smallint] NULL , [EducationTypeID3] [tinyint] NULL , [EducationCourseID3] [smallint] NULL , [EducationTypeID4] [tinyint] NULL , [EducationCourseID4] [smallint] NULL , [EducationTypeID5] [tinyint] NULL , [EducationCourseID5] [smallint] NULL , [SkillCategoryID1] [smallint] NULL , [SkillID1] [smallint] NULL , [SkillCategoryID2] [smallint] NULL , [SkillID2] [smallint] NULL , [SkillCategoryID3] [smallint] NULL , [SkillID3] [smallint] NULL , [SkillCategoryID4] [smallint] NULL , [SkillID4] [smallint] NULL , [SkillCategoryID5] [smallint] NULL , [SkillID5] [smallint] NULL , [Comments] [varchar] (1000) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] GO view: Code: CREATE VIEW viewJobApplication AS SELECT DISTINCT JobSeeker.FullName,JobSeeker.DateOfBirth,JobSeeker.HomeAddressLine1,JobSeeker.HomeAddressLine2,JobSeeker.HomeCity,JobSeeker.HomeRegion,JobSeeker.HomePostalcode,JobSeeker.HomeTelephone,JobSeeker.WorkTelephone,JobSeeker.Mobilephone, JobSeeker.HomeFax, JobSeeker.EmailAddress,JobSeeker.ContactMethod1ID, JobSeeker.ContactMethod2ID,JobSeeker.JobSeekerID,JobSeeker.PreferredEmploymentTypeID1,JobSeeker.PreferredEmploymentTypeID2,JobSeeker.PreferredJobSectorID1,JobSeeker.PreferredJobSectorID2, JobSeeker.PreferredCountryLocationID1,JobSeeker.PreferredCountryLocationID2,JobSeeker.PreferredOrganisationTypeID1, JobSeeker.PreferredOrganisationTypeID2,JobSeeker.PreferredJobRoleID1,JobSeeker.PreferredJobRoleID2,JobSeekerEducation.EducationTypeID,JobSeekerEducation.EducationCourseID, JobSeekerEducation.OtherEducationCourse,JobSeekerSkill.SkillCategoryID,JobSeekerSkill.SkillID FROM JobSeeker INNER JOIN JobSeekerEducation ON JobSeekerEducation.JobSeekerID = JobSeeker.JobSeekerID INNER JOIN JobSeekerSkill ON JobSeekerSkill.JobSeekerID = JobSeeker.JobSeekerID GO I want to compare values in t_JobVacancy table and viewJobApplication view if values are eual I want to insert values to Score feild.according to that score I want to orderby JobSeekerID and FullName.I managed to write a query, Code: select DISTINCT JobSeekerID,FullName,DateOfBirth,HomeAddressLine1,HomeAddressLine2,HomeCity,HomeRegion,HomePostalcode,HomeTelephone,WorkTelephone,Mobilephone, HomeFax, EmailAddress,ContactMethod1ID, ContactMethod2ID, case when a.PreferredEmploymentTypeID1 = j.EmploymentTypeID then 1 else 0 end +case when a.PreferredEmploymentTypeID2 = j.EmploymentTypeID then 1 else 0 end +case when a.PreferredJobSectorID1= j.JobSectorID then 1 else 0 end +case when a.PreferredJobSectorID2= j.JobSectorID then 1 else 0 end +case when a.PreferredCountryLocationID1= j.CountryLocationID then 1 else 0 end +case when a.PreferredCountryLocationID2= j.CountryLocationID then 1 else 0 end +case when a.EducationTypeID= j.EducationTypeID1 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.EducationTypeID= j.EducationTypeID2 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.EducationTypeID= j.EducationTypeID3 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.EducationTypeID= j.EducationTypeID4 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.EducationTypeID= j.EducationTypeID5 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.EducationCourseID= j.EducationCourseID1 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.EducationCourseID= j.EducationCourseID2 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.EducationCourseID= j.EducationCourseID3 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.EducationCourseID= j.EducationCourseID4 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.EducationCourseID= j.EducationCourseID5 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.SkillCategoryID= j.SkillCategoryID1 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.SkillCategoryID= j.SkillCategoryID2 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.SkillCategoryID= j.SkillCategoryID3 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.SkillCategoryID= j.SkillCategoryID4 then 1 else 0 end +case when a.SkillCategoryID= j.SkillCategoryID5 then 1 else 0 end as score FROM viewJobApplication a INNER JOIN t_JobVacancy j ON a.PreferredJobRoleID1=j.JobRoleID OR a.PreferredJobRoleID2=j.JobRoleID where j.JobVacancyID=1 order by score desc my problem is I get more than one score for same jobseekrID how can I solove this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Access to Sql Server Question

have several access databases that are linked to the same backend Access database.* I am in the process of converting all these databbases to SQL server 2000.* I have converted the backend database which contains all the tables to SQL Server.* In an Access database you can link only the tables you want and you can create separate queries in each front end database.* I have a lot of quereis in each database and some have the same name but do different things. When you have an Access project you get everything from the SQL database - tables, views \t.everything.* I have thought about creating a separate SQL database for each of my applications.* I would have a primary database that contained all the tables, etc and then a separate database that contained only views of the tables in my primary database.* That way I could copy a lot of my quereis directly to each respective SQL database. Example: Primary database Table Name:*Authors Human resources database View Name: Authors with the sql "Select * from pubs.dbo.authors" If I did it this way then I could copy most of my Access quereis directly to SQL server and have seperate queries and sp's for each application. I would also have my quereis seperated for each application. If I didn't use views then I would have to recreate all my queries which would be a pain because I have a lot of queries based on other queries and would to come up with another naming convention if I wanted to id queries for each application. I have though about just linking the tables and views to a regular Access database but I would prefer to use a project. Is using views in this way a good idea or a bad idea Are there any major drawbacks
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how do i know which user is entering data?

i am currently working on a cinema website which requires users to book tickets. i have managed to link the website to my database and currently have a robust password and joining page(s) workin with the database.however once the user has logged in how do i know which user is purchasing cinema tickets this is achieved through sessions but they are not working.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Error in Trigger Using TRY CATCH AND IF ELSE

Hi all, I am creating a trigger which should be triggered on insert to BOOKISSUEDETAILS table. I want to alter the table LIBRARYBOOKDETAILS table only if the Inventory column value is greater than 1. Initially I have created the trigger in the following way. But now I want to alter the Trigger to include the condition(Inventory > 1) and use the Try catch block to raise error. I used the following code snippet to alter the trigger, but it is generating the error: alter trigger trg_InsertInBookIssuedDetails on BOOKISSUEDDETAILS for insert as begin declare @UserName nvarchar(50), @BookID int, @ReturnMessage nvarchar(50) begin try begin tran select @UserName = IssuedTo,@BookID = BookID from BOOKISSUEDDETAILS update NewUserRegister set NumberOfBooksIssued = NumberOfBooksIssued+1 where UserName = @UserName if (select Inventory from LIBRARYBOOKDETAILS WHERE BookID = @BookID)>1 begin update LIBRARYBOOKDETAILS set Inventory = Inventory - 1 where BookID= @BookID commit tran end end try else begin raiserror('Books UnAvailable Or Cannot Issue More Than 3 Books',16,-1) rollback tran end end end Error Message: Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Procedure trg_InsertInBookIssuedDetails, Line 19 Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'else'. Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Procedure trg_InsertInBookIssuedDetails, Line 25 Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'end'. Can anyone let me know the error and the changes I should make to perform the deed task with condition. Please help me out in identifying the error.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

Building dynamic sql queries into a stored procedure

Hi i have a page whereby the user can make a search based on three things, they are a textbox(userName), dropdownlist(subcategoryID), and region (regionID). The user does not have to select all three, he or she can enter a name into the textbox alone and make the search or enter a name into the textbox and select a dropdownlist value, my question is how can i build this procedure, I tried this but it didnt work; Code: ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[stream_UserFind] ( @userName varchar(100), @subCategoryID INT, @regionID INT ) AS declare @StaticStr nvarchar(5000) set @StaticStr = 'SELECT DISTINCT SubCategories.subCategoryID, SubCategories.subCategoryName, Users.userName ,UserSubCategories.userID FROM Users INNER JOIN UserSubCategories ON Users.userID= UserSubCategories.userIDINNER JOIN SubCategories ON UserSubCategories.subCategoryID = SubCategories.subCategoryID WHERE UserName like @UserName' if(@subCategoryID 0) set @StaticStr = @StaticStr + ' and SubCategories.subCategoryID = @subCategoryID ' if(@regionID 0) set @StaticStr = @StaticStr + ' and SubCategories.RegionId = @regionID ' exec sp_executesql @StaticStr )
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Grantor does not have GRANT permission

I have created a procedure named ConvertReservationIntoDelivery1 and given execute permissions to couple of users. But when i execute the SP from my .net application Its giving the following error. Grantor does not have GRANT permission if exists (select * from sysobjects where name like 'ConvertReservationIntoDelivery1' and type = 'P') begin drop procedure dbo.ConvertReservationIntoDelivery1 end go CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.ConvertReservationIntoDelivery1 ( @ReservationID int, @OrderNo int, @Value money, @Notes text, @OperatorID varchar(255) ) as /* code deleted */ GO GRANT EXEC ON ConvertReservationIntoDelivery1 TO IntranetEnquiry GRANT EXEC ON ConvertReservationIntoDelivery1 TO IntranetUpdate GO
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Update rows on the base of sum records

Im working on small project I stacked with sql query in sql server 2005. Ive nearly 5 thousands records with one field money data type. My question is how to update only those records which are cost less then 1k and not more than 50 k. Is there any way to write a simple query to update records on given above conditions For example: Name Cost(money data type) update(Ill update here) A 500 ---- B 1200 ---- C 999 ---- D 800 ---- Etc till 5000 rows, there should be some value in the name and cost column. If 1k records are less then 50 nos.. how many are there, weve to update those records If 1k records are more then 50. then weve take first 50 and remaining not to do anything If its near 49.5k like that, that time also not a problem. Im looking forward for your help. mdateeq2003
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MS SQL Server - Scheduling Dumps

Hi all, I have a primary server running Windows Server 2003 Standard (with MS SQL Server 2000 loaded on it) and a client machine running Windows XP Professional. How can I schedule the client machine to connect to the primary server at regular intervals (say every 2 days) and download a copy of the database to store locally If the client machine is running MS Access, is there a way to regularly schedule dumps from the SQL Server to Access
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Replication problem

i have a repication problem, the error of the ditribution agent is: {Call sp_MSins_Lane(1,'1',0,3,240)} imossible to find the stored procedure 'sp_MSins_Lane' error number 2812 can you help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Performance Issue using left or substring function

Why are you using a sub-select Why not just use an inner join Code: SELECT A.* FROM Table1 As A INNER JOIN ( SELECT DrID FROM Table2 WHERE (SUBSTRING(PostalCode,1,3) IN ('B0E','B1P','B2H','B2Y','B3A','B3M','B4A','B4H',' E1A','E1C','E1N','G0A') AND SUBSTRING(Telephone,1,3) IN ('204','250','306','403','416','418','450','506',' 514','519','604','613','705','780','807','819','90 2','905')) ) As B On (A.DrID = B.DrID)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help!

Ok in my relentless search to create the perfect member login script for my site. I have started off with a base skeleton and coded it from there. Here is my issue: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 And when I open the .sql file to check line 1 its this piece of code: PHP Code: CREATETABLEusers( So I noticed that USERS is a common word so I changed that to users2 instead. REUP The sql file and is still getting the same error, i am jsut stumped, btw its my first time working with php and mysql. Please help, the version of sql i am running is: MySQL 4.0.20
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is this SQL code good?

I'm hoping that someone with some SQL experience can let me know if this value set is good I'm applying for a job that requires basic - intermediate SQL jobs and I just started teaching myself. Example: SELECT ApplicationID, Firstname, Lastname, University FROM Applications WHERE (University = UniversityofVictoria) AND (ApplicationID = SalesAssistant) Search Results: SalesAssistant, James Kazukin, UniversityofVictoria If I wanted to run this data value as a company would this be correct
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

Problem with LIKE

That's the way I've usually done it when I have to find one identifier in a list like that in a single field. That's an argument for using a separate lookup table instead of a single field. You could also use a regular expression search but I'm not sure how that would affect performance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!