Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF Microsoft SQL Server

Pivot Needed  

I have the following 3 example tables and data:declare @Employee table (ID int,Name varchar(20))insert into @Employee (ID,Name)values (1, 'Bob'),(2, 'Doug'),(3, 'Bill')declare @CustomFields table (ID int,Descrip varchar(50))insert... Continue Reading
Views : 88
Thursday 27th of September 2012

insert new column that from other table  

example i have 3 tablestable1A B Ca1 b1 c1a2 b2 c2a3 b3 c3table2C D Ec1 d1 e1c2 d2 e2c3 d3 e3table3E F Ge1 f1 g1e2 f2 g2e3 f3 g3the output i want istable1A B C G Continue Reading
Views : 76

SQL Server Frequently Asked Questions FAQ  

when writing an optimized query asuming the results are the same, is it prefereable to use a WHERE or HAVING filter.Explain fully Continue Reading
Views : 54

great wrok Kristenthanks thank you very muchThanks & RegardsSoftware Developerhttp://www.smilemd.com Continue Reading
Views : 51

Maybe add a few bits on recursion? Continue Reading
Views : 55

Excellent Sticky!If only the Newbies used it!!!RegardsNThe revolution won't be televised! Continue Reading
Views : 80

If you have followed a link to this page (i.e. the URL contains "SearchTerms=xxx") please scroll down to see items of interested highlightedThis list of SQL Server Frequently Asked... Continue Reading
Views : 74

If you have followed a link to this page (i.e. the URL contains "SearchTerms=xxx") please scroll down to see items of interested highlightedThis list of SQL Server Frequently Asked... Continue Reading
Views : 85

Dynamically set connection string for ObjectDataSource  

I am trying to dynamically set the connection string of an ObjectDataSource in a VS 3.5 Web project.  I have found some code in other posts that explains how to do it, but it is not working for me.  The code is below:protected Continue Reading
Views : 142
Tuesday 11th of September 2012

sqlDataSource Class in C# and Connection String  

Hi everybody            i want to add a connection to my database in my code C# , but the visual studio did'nt detect my data source                              ... Continue Reading
Views : 9

LinqToEntity query over EntityDataSource  

I am trying to use LinqToEntity query over EntityDataSource.The Datasource is : Continue Reading
Views : 78

Access users in membership provider created mssql database  

I have an MSSQL database created through the membershipprovider thing to use with logins on an ASP.NET website I built.I would like to also create a windows application to access this same database. I am able to open the database but I would still like to be able... Continue Reading

Connection property has not been initilized error message.  

I keep getting an error: ExecuteNonQuery: Connection Continue Reading
Views : 131

C# LINQ don't save format datetime to sqlserver  

I don't save datetime to sqlServerResult Current in sqlServer 2012-08-24 00:00:00:000But I want result Time Current in Sqlserver 2012-08-24 14:25:50:789 private void Invoice_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { ... Continue Reading
Views : 36

SQL if parametr is null set default  

HelloI have a problem with my app, i created a app which manage MySql data base i put DataGrid to edit my records, i want now make smth like this:if user update table and set one of fields null  - add to database field with "-" this is my statement Continue Reading
Views : 61

How to generate script with data  

How to generate script from a database with its data?I tried it, but it was not generated with data. Continue Reading
Views : 73

Scalar Variable not declared on creating new SelectCommand  

I have a SQLDataSource that displays all the Outfitters from my table when the page is first displayed. On top of the page I have two DropDownLists that will allow the user to sort by either state or specie. I am currenlty trying to get one of the dropdownlist's to pass... Continue Reading
Views : 151

ANy good reference for SQL Server Express Learning  

I am using Access for my ASP.Net app but it is too slow to get the resultI need to switch to SQL Server but the books I get from library all are with full SQL Server admin etc which I must admit I cannot handle it.Any condensed SQL Server Express material... Continue Reading
Views : 68

How to get a record from sqldatasource control directly to label1.txt  

I have a sqldatasource control that is connected to a database with one record and one field only.How to get such a record from sqldatasource control directly to label1.txt ?Pls supply with the code, thanks  Continue Reading
Views : 245

SQL Statement with DataTable in Where Clause  

I have an SQL Statement like this:SQLReport.SelectCommand = Continue Reading
Views : 67

"failed to enable constraints" after publishing to server  

Hi All: I'm perplexed by a weird issue I'm having with a strongly typed dataset. I have a tableadapter with a simple join query:SELECT sv.*, urlName FROM variants v inner join products s on p.shoeID =v.shoeIDProducts has a one-to-many... Continue Reading
Views : 61

Distict column in JOIN table  

I have created the Datatable below which feeds a GridView on Page_LoadProtected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load ... Continue Reading
Views : 60

Performance drops significantly as input control are inserted  

I have a rather complex sqlDataSource query that returns approx. 4000 records which are displayed in a gridview. The response is immediately.Now I inserted some input controls (dropdown, checkbox) to add some filters within the WHERE clause and as a result the... Continue Reading
Views : 52

Need help in retrieving the number of records in a nested entity datasource  

I do have my nested listview working correctly, but I do not know how to return the number of records in a dataset using IQueryableHere is the c# code behind I am using to link the datasources private void bind() { ... Continue Reading
Views : 101

creating a table valued parameter  

hello,i am trying to transfer a string of data entries to a stored procedure using the sqldatasource.  however, this method does not seem to work. i see from others in the asp.net forum that i will need to use a table-valued parameter to transfer the values... Continue Reading

importing data from Excel to MssqL 2008 R2  

Basically i having try alot of solution but it's still not yet solve my problems.Currently i having this prob:OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' cannot be used for distributed queries because the provider is... Continue Reading
Views : 104