Validate mail DNS lookup - JavaScript Help

Wow, if you're going to be that precise, you may as well include certain special chars like \x01. :P
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 12:40:03 AM Total Views:  331
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF JavaScript PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

A Javascript Project - Building a library

Hi ! This is Parth. I have been learning Javascript for a few months now and wanted to get in some action. I mean like I want to write a javascript library (of course, can't event think about likes of jQuery, Dojo, Prototype etc.), but i've realised it's no quite easy. So i need help of some experienced (and others too) to make it at least an average library. Please contact me soon, so we can share some ideas.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

Javascript Math

. I seem to be having trouble with the doMath() section of my code. I was wondering if you can help me out... Package Plans function doMath() { var one = eval(document.theForm.elements[0].value); var two = eval(document.theForm.elements[1].value); var outp = ""; var outps = ""; { ans = one*two; ansq = (one*two)*12; outp = " " + "$" + ans.toFixed(2) + "/Month"; outps = " " + "$" + ansq.toFixed(2) + "/Year"; } document.getElementById('outtab').innerHTML = outp; document.getElementById('outtab1').innerHTML = outps; } function calcPackage(){ var text = document.getElementById('price'); var rad=document.one.gb; for(var i=0;i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Send Json object through ajax

Im having difficulty getting my form contents to send to my php page using ajax, jquery and json. The results just doesnt want to show. My javascript, where I create the JSON object and try to send it through to the php page: var JSONobj; var JSONstr; function createJSON(){ JSONobj = { firstname : $('#firstname').val(), surname : $('#surname').val(), age : $('#age').val(), email : $('#email').val() }; JSONstr = JSON.stringify(JSONobj); } $(document).ready(function() { $('#submit').click(function(e){ e.preventDefault(); createJSON(); $.post("save.php", {data:JSONstr}, function(result){ alert(result);}, "json"); }); }); The php page: What should happen is the firstname should be alerted. But the alert box doesnt even show and I find no errors using firebug...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

jQuery - unbind hyperlink click

Hi im messing around with some jQuery and want to disable a link whilst it performs a ajax post (its adding/fetching somthing from a database) and i want to disable the link so it cant be multiclickd. See Page ive tried using $("#seepages").unbind('click'); but that dosnt work! =( how ever when i tried this $("#seepages").unbind('click'); $("#seepages").attr("id", "disabled"); that works! but using either one of them by them self doesn't - work but why any advice/tips would be useful! thanks in advance =) edit: i should also have said that i have to use: $("#disabled").attr("id", "seepages"); $("#disabled").bind('click'); to enable it again
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

anchor tag to submit a form to server not working

RESOLVED i have a form with information in it, but to make it cleaner, i want to use an anchor tag to submit. the way i have it now is as follows: function submitter(formNum){ document.getElementById('form'+formNum).submit(); } send it There will be X number of these forms, so i was going to iterate through, and make em all form1, form2, form3, etc... and then pass in the number in the function which will submit. It doesnt seem to work. Alternate plans were do change the send it which also didnt seem to work. It needs to run on IE7, but that shouldnt be a problem. This post has been edited by fallenreaper: 20 October 2011 - 04:56 AM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

JSON value "undefined" in jQuery (AJAX request?

I'm having an issue accessing values of an AJAX response from a PHP script. I'm using an alert() for debugging purposes to show the data and it shows "undefined" as things are done below. Here's what I have so far. jQuery AJAX request: $(".edit").click(function(event) { var id = $(this).parents("tr").attr("id"); alert(id); //Shows the correct id that matches the DB entry $.ajax({ type: 'POST', url: 'editevent.php', data: "eventID=" + id, success: function(data) { alert(data); //currently shows [object Object] }, dataType: 'json' }); }); editevent.php:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Javascript Chrome vs Firefox! - JavaScript Help

Alright I am doing a project and I have ran into a particular issue with Firefox not wanting to properly work this particular bit of the script!I am populating a second select menu depending on the selected value of the first select menu. var yearselect = document.getElementById("schoolyear"); var year = yearselect.options[yearselect.selectedIndex].value; var newselect = document.getElementById("coursecode"); var a; for ( a = newselect.length - 1; a >= 0; a-- ) { newselect.remove(a); } if ( year == 100 ) { var course = new Array(); course [0] = "Literature" ; course [1] = "Foreign Literature" ; var code; for (var i = 0; i < course.length; ++i ) { code = "10" + i ; newselect.add(code, course[i]); newselect.options[newselect.options.length] = new Option(course[i], code, false, false); } } I have it set to do the function onblur, which works perfectly changing through the first menu for all of them in Chrome. Unfortunately Firefox doesn't want to put the data in when I go back to the first option in the first menu from any other option. It will render it correctly for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th options, but the second select menu is blank when I click off of the first menu using the first option.Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

IE strikes again... JQuery, runs as expected in FF, Opera, Chrome. - JavaScript Help

But in IE it does absolutely NOTHING, I get an ActiveX warning, accept the content yet it still does nothing. $(document).ready( function() { $("a.menu").hover( function() { $(this).animate( { padding: "8px 175px 0 0", backgroundPosition: "0px center" }, 1000, function() { //done! } ); } , function() { $(this).animate( { padding: "8px 0 0 175px", backgroundPosition: "175px center" }, 1000, function() { //done! } ); } ); } ); Can anyone spot where I'm going wrong and point it out to me First time I've tried JQuery (I know, way behind the times but I'm lazy...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Clicking the top link

Hi so I have a div container which has an onclick so it will run some javascript code when it is clicked. However this has posed a problem for my links inside that div container. If i click the link inside the div it will open that link and also run the javascript code associated with on click for the div. Im thinking is it possible to do something with z-index or is there a way to do this So when the person clicks the link inside the div only that link pops up.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd December 2012
View Replies!

Java movement script for Unity ?

hello. ive got problem with movement script for simple object in Unity engine. ive written this : var moveSpeed : float; var turnSpeed : float; function Update () { if(Input.GetButton("Forward")) { transform.Translate(transform.forward * moveSpeed * Time.deltaTime); } if(Input.GetButton("Backward")) { transform.Translate(-transform.forward * moveSpeed * Time.deltaTime); } if(Input.GetButton("Right")) { transform.Rotate(transform.up * turnSpeed * Time.deltaTime); } if(Input.GetButton("Left")) { transform.Rotate(-transform.up * turnSpeed * Time.deltaTime); } } but i need object to instantly go left or right(as PacMan) not as car like here... can anyone help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Number guesser program & functions - is my code efficient?

Hi all, My question The program below works, but I would like to know if my code is sufficiently clean and efficient. I just started programming and I don't want to pick up bad habits. Also, I tested the program and for some reason, it will not go lower than 2. So if the guess is equel to '1', the algorithm is unable to calculate this value. WHY do I ask this I want to learn programming, and decided to start with Javascript in order to learn the concepts of programming, and because you can write Javascript anywhere, and don't need a compiler. I'm following a book (it's already old) and right now I am doing some exercises (in the book, and my own). The code Chapter 4 (madlib): exercises /* Three main buttons: Too high, Too low and Correct One button "instructions" One text field for outputting the guess function instructions: show the instructions function firstGuess: creates a random number for the first guess function narrowDown: find the number by calculating averages ==> parameter to capture which button was clicked function correctGuess: display a "I win!" message+number of turns */ var lowestPossibleGuess = 1; // lowest possible value. Will be used to narrow down var highestPossibleGuess = 100; // highest possible value. Will be used to narrow down var numberOfTurns = 0; // keep count of how many tries it took var computerGuess = 0; // The last number 'guessed' by the computer function giveInstructions() { var instructMessage="Pick a number in your head between " + lowestPossibleGuess + "and " + highestPossibleGuess + ". \n\n"; instructMessage+="I, the computer, will try to guess it. \n\n"; instructMessage+="If my guess is too low, click the button 'too low'. \n"; instructMessage+="If my guess is too high, click the button 'too high'. \n"; instructMessage+="If my guess is correct, click the button 'correct'."; alert(instructMessage); }; function firstGuess() { var firstGuess = (Math.floor(Math.random()*100)); // create random number firstGuess++; // between 1 and 100; computerGuess = firstGuess; document.myForm.txtGuess.value=firstGuess; numberOfTurns++; return firstGuess; } function narrowDown(tooHightooLow) { if(tooHightooLow=='tooHigh') { numberOfTurns++; highestPossibleGuess = computerGuess; computerGuess = Math.round((highestPossibleGuess+lowestPossibleGuess)/2); alert("My guess was too high. My next guess is: " + computerGuess ); document.myForm.txtGuess.value=computerGuess; } if(tooHightooLow=='tooLow') { numberOfTurns++; alert("My guess was too low."); lowestPossibleGuess = computerGuess; computerGuess = Math.round((highestPossibleGuess+lowestPossibleGuess)/2); alert("My guess was too low. My next guess is: " + computerGuess ); document.myForm.txtGuess.value=computerGuess; } } function correctGuess() { alert("I win! It took me only " + numberOfTurns + " turns."); } My most recent guess: Is my guess: document.write("My first guess was: " + firstGuess());
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

dojo plugin for Eclipse IDE?

Hi all, I am new to dojo and want to mess around with it this weekend. I am using Eclipse IDE and am trying to find a dojo plugin. I can't seem to find any though. I've googled and found old articles which refer to an AFT toolkit but I can't seem to locate this either. I did find VJET Javascript IDE on the Eclipse marketplace which mentions dojo but still I don't think it's quite what I am looking for The version of Eclipse I have is: Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers. Version: Indigo Release Build id: 20110615-0604
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Javascript not working in IE

Okay so, i have my this javascript, which i have used on another site, and it worked perfectly. So i needed to use it again, copy, paste, then i just changed a few variable names, and it doesn't work.. I have no idea why. Here's the code of the working site (the divs are in the right area's): and here's the code of the page i'm currently working on I normally have no problem with HTML or much that goes along with it, but the fact that there is very few sources of validation or error checking is making me go nuts. I could use a few extra eyes.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem JavaScript Resize webpage in crm 4.0

, i am working in ISV file concerning Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, while i insert this code in the ISV.xml: Something in the javascript section has to be written, anyone can help me with that code i need to resize the page that will open. Thank You.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with Year function

My function firstDayofMonth returns an NaN when i run it can anyone see what i have done wrong Javascript Calanders function firstDayofMonth(year, month) { var daynumber=1; if (year > 1900) for (i=1900; i 1) { for (i=1; i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Login User

Login User I have to come up with a user authenication page the logs the user in and also gives them access to do the right things. I have attached the code and the access file and have got started on a few things. I first need to create a login page with the fields username and password have that check the access database and then proceed it to a page to do the following depending on the user access. For The Login button to even be enabled the username and password must have a value in it. I have no idea how to do that Add A User [No duplicate Users] Modify A User Delete A User Password Length [9-20 Characters] Display The current logged in person's info Display all users Groups: Administrative - Has the ability to change everything Power - Can change/modify 's informantion EXCEPT administrative group people Regular - Can modify themselves only. Anybody should be able to add a user Only admin can delete users Again it's supposed to connect with Access database and need to use javascript. I attached the file and code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Broken picture?

When I document.write the picture it comes up broken Does anyone see anything
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Script for removing scripts from HTML code

I'm trying to write a script to remove tags and everything between. This is to simply remove all Javascript from code automatically. I originally tried to split the input from a textarea using RegEx but I'm not getting matches properly. I am just learing about RegEx so bear with me. I tried just splitting on // and // but if I were to load the HTML code with that script I end up with it being split on the lines that have the split command itself instead of just the opening and closing script tags. I changed it to /\b\b/ and /\b\/script>\b/ but it doesn't match anything and everything in the textarea is included in the array produced. Here is the code I have now. How can change this to get the result I want Script Removal Script Insert your HTML code here then click on the "Process" button to remove all scripts. function removeScript(code) { var fString = code; var first = fString.split(/\b\Wscript\W\b/); var second = fString.split(/\b\W\/script\W\b/); alert("the first array has " + first.length + " entries. The second array has " + second.length + " entries."); return form.htmlCode.value = second[0]; } //something worthless
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

.class errors

I am studying from a textbook and this is my first experience with javascript. I have tested that java runs in my browser. but I get this error message when trying to run javascript on a page Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 Using JRE version 1.6.0_21-b07 Java HotSpot Client VM User home directory = C:\Users\steve ---------------------------------------------------- c: clear console window f: finalize objects on finalization queue g: garbage collect h: display this help message l: dump classloader list m: print memory usage o: trigger logging q: hide console r: reload policy configuration s: dump system and deployment properties t: dump thread list v: dump thread stack x: clear classloader cache 0-5: set trace level to ---------------------------------------------------- load: class CreditRoll.class not found. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: CreditRoll.class at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed:http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-6-windows-i586.cab/CreditRoll/class.class at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ... 9 more Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: CreditRoll.class Attached is a copy of the CreditRoll.class
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

XHR using basic authentication

Hi , I'm struggling with an issue I'm testing at the moment. I'm using XHR to make some REST requests. Right now I need to handle HTTP 401 responses. When a resource is requested such as a Javascript file or CSS file the browser will popup a prompt for username and password, which is normal behaviour. When I make an XHR request for POST,GET or PUT I get an XHR response which includes a status of 401 and no popup from the browser, this is also normal. The problem is when I make a DELETE request, I get the expected XHR response AND also the browser still pops up the username and password prompt. Not Good. Has anyone had this problem before and is there any solutions out there
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Javascript not being read by IE

all. I am working on a frontpage for a gallery site which includes a Javascript-based slider. It's quite rough at the moment but I am just figuring out the functionality of it all. Now what's wrong is that if you view it in IE the slider breaks(or the external .js is not read) leaving the content divs of the slider sprawled out everywhere. Other than that it works fine in other browsers. Site here Cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

parsing usb

I am planning to use a USB barcode scanner and use web browsers as my interface. Is it possible to parse the USB port via javascript (or any client-side languages)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th December 2012
View Replies!

Javascript and Mysql?

I am trying trying to create a site that will require a database. (much like facebook functions) I am not new to programming, as I know Java and C++, but I am very new to the web development. For security reasons (so I have heard), I would like to write this site in php. At the same time, I may need some client sided code. (Or do I) I am not at all sure. I know that facebook is written in php, and the site I am making basically has the majority of those functions. Can anyone give me any inputs as to how I should go about choosing what language As of now, my partner is learning javascript and mysql, while I am studying php and mysql. I know that some sites implement both, javascript and php, but I was wondering if it is at all necessary to use both, and how would one know which code to write in what language.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to call onclick and a href in the same time?

i have this html: the inc_down function is part of a AJAX implementation. I want that this function be be executed when i click the div and in the same time the a href to work. In the code above the onclick does not work, only a href works. I have searched the net and the code above is the best i've found but it does not work.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Questions about JavaScript

Can Javascript be used to create an MMORPG If so, how can it help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

undefined functions?

using function validateForm(thisform) {code} I get an undefined function error. I went by the book on this one and have no idea what else to do, please help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Hide Address of server in popupwindow

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Checkerboard Patterns by using Js

Hi every body, My question is : I've to create a checkerboard type pattern out of asterix. So I've a line of 8 asterix ("* ") and a space between them (" "). Then it goes to the next row which is indented to make the checkboard effect. I want the result to be like this: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * by using while structure and only three statements which are: document.write( "* "); document.write( " " ); document.writeln(); In fact I get inly one row so what can I add to get the other rows\t Here is my code: [code] Preincrementing and Postincrementing [code] Thank you alot.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using While Loops inside JavaScript

Help please. I need to create a page that prompts a user to enter a starting number and an ending number. I need to use a loop that displays all the numbers between the starting number and the ending number. For example, if the user entered 5 as the starting number and 9 as the ending number, the output would look like this: 5 6 7 8 9 This post has been edited by saa06: 29 April 2008 - 08:45 AM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Simple Form And Calculation - JavaScript Help

I want a simple form with 1x Input field; the input will be a number only, if the user inputs 5 for example: i want it to perform the following maths: 5x$value (5x850) and display the result when the user clicks submit. Also if the user submits a number bigger than 320000 can we output an error message how would i go about this using simple js i have no idea how to code js at the moment.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

jQuery help - JavaScript Help

I'm unable to focus on an input field inside a div. here is my code. $("select").change(function () { var str = ""; $("select option:selected").each(function () { str += $(this).val() ; }); $.post("option.php",{data:str}, function(data){ $("div").addClass('datepicker').html(data); //alert(data); } ); }); // .trigger('change'); // Datepicker $('.datepicker').load(function(){ alert('hello'); });
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to search from end of string in JS - JavaScript Help

I have used many versions of code to validate an email in JS but after using it, it fails when another email format shows it face that the code thinks is wrong; but in fact is a valid email.So opted to using this method which would server the purpose I am after but do not know how to search for the seed from the end of the string instead of from the start.here is the code I am wanting to use but not sure how I search for the '.' starting from the end of the string. function checkEmailValid2(email) { s = email.indexOf(' ') + 1; // is there a space e = email.indexOf('@') + 1; // find the @ f = email.indexOf('.') + 1; // find the . if ( email != '' && s == 0 && e && f > e + 1 && f < email.length) { return true; } else { return false; } }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Jquery Basic Question - JavaScript Help

I am new to jquery. Only juz started to learn about 3 weeks ago. So i can say im a BEGINNER. Got 1 simple question.what is the different between '$.blabla' and '$().blabla'. Dollar sign ..and the other one...dollar sign+ bracket
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Script include stopping next button working - JavaScript Help

Hi i am trying to develop my registration page it is a combination of multistep (tabs) with real time validation which is sort of working ok, it validates on entry which is really good, however when i include the scriptJavascript / DHTML / AJAX Syntax (Toggle Plain Text) which is for the form validation, for some reason the next button for the tabs do not work, when i take it out the next buttons work but the form validation does not.Any ideas the code for the next button is at the bottom of the code below, the code for the validation is in a seperate file and is pretty big, so ask if you want me to include it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

combine javascript with php hyperlink - JavaScript Help

im trying to modify my php code to add a javaa script link that plays an audio file. The java script works fine with just html: var channel_max = 10; // number of channels audiochannels = new Array(); for (a=0;a
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

google map - moving a marker - JavaScript Help

I've been hacking on this for days and I just can't get the right google search to find the answer.Basically, I want to move a map marker after the map initialization function runs. The marker variable is local to the function, so I get "map.marker1 is undefined" in firebug. So, I add a global "var marker1,map;" and still the error persists.In the example below, the panTo works fine in the map, but the marker doesn't. :confused: var map; var marker1; $(document).ready(function() { initialize(30.2240897,-92.0198427); setTimeout('map.panTo(new google.maps.LatLng(30.22,-92.01));',5000); setTimeout('map.marker1.setPosition(new google.maps.LatLng(30.22,-92.01));',5000); }); function initialize(thelat,thelng) { var latlng = new google.maps.LatLng(thelat,thelng); var myOptions = { zoom: 12, center: latlng, mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP }; map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById("map_canvas"), myOptions); var myLatlng1 = new google.maps.LatLng(thelat, thelng); var contentString1 = 'test marker'; var marker1 = new google.maps.Marker({ position: myLatlng1, map: map, title: contentString1 }); var infowindow1 = new google.maps.InfoWindow({ content: contentString1 }); google.maps.event.addListener(marker1, 'click', function() { infowindow1.open(map,marker1); }); }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Combo box on click suggestion - JavaScript Help

,I am new to PHP to so please bear with me. I need suggestion to achieve a task.I have to make a form where in initially there will be a combox box. Depending onthe selection ie value1, value2, value3 etc.......a sub form should open below the combo box.This forms r different for different value...and at the end there will be a submit button to submit the form.Can anyone tell me the how many ways this is possible and which is the efficient one.\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

preloading quicktime movies. - JavaScript Help

is there any way to preload quicktime media before the user decides to view it.i know for images i can do this:var images = new Image;images.src = 'location.gif';can you do that for other media as well\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!

FxSlide MooTools - JavaScript Help

After some foundation laying on the knowledge of JS I have decided (where appropriate) to use premade effects (primarily to same sve time at the moment).I found a nice Fx.Slide by MooTools which i have managed to integrate with little trouble...http://demos.mootools.net/Fx.SlideIs anyone familiar with MooTools, and if so... How can I get the slide to load up in the closed status. Basically i want the user to click if they want to read more, not the other way around.I've tried playing around with the demo JS but with no success
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Form not validating - JavaScript Help

HiI have a form that I want to validate the List box so if it is set to the default value (blank) when "send" is clicked, I don't want the form to go to my asp page which sends the email, I want it to show the error message then stop. So far, my form does show the error message, but then carries on and calls the asp page. My php code is below: New Street Request
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why isn't this working? - JavaScript Help

$.fn.extend({ slider : function(options) { var settings = { interval : 3000, tag : 'img' }; $.extend(settings, options); this.swap(settings); }, swap : function(options) { if ( this.find(options.tag +':visible').length > 1 ) { this.find(options.tag +':visible').not(':first').hide(); } } }); I have 3 visible images in my $('#slider') element, I am calling $('#slider').slide() from inside $(document).ready(function(){}); yet when I alert this.find(options.tag +':visible').lengthit alerts 0
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

How to do popup like this - JavaScript Help

I like to use this type of popup to show iportant message, commercial... Attached Files 17150_.png \t228K \t7 downloads
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Refresh parent page on child page close with a twist... - JavaScript Help

i have a parent window that on a php event will open a new child window. This child window is used over various pages and then navigates back to the original page in the child window and thats the problem. Ive got it working so that indeed the parent window does refresh but everytime i use the child window to navigate to another page. I need to be able to do the stuff on the pages in the child window and then go back to the same start page in the child window and close and refersh. Im probably not making much sense..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Built a simple image changing script, but it doesn't work - JavaScript Help

So, I built this code, and it doesn't work. Have I missed something function selector('glancej') { document.getElementById('glance').style.display='block'; document.getElementById('front').style.display='none'; } function selector('frontj') { document.getElementById('glance').style.display='none'; document.getElementById('front').style.display='block'; } GLANCE FRONT
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

downloadUrl("./DomXml.xml",true, function(data,responseCode) - JavaScript Help

Chrome and Firefox on Ubuntu and XPThe following code appears to be looking at the cache before downloading so it is not picking up my latest maps data.downloadUrl("./DomXml.xml",true, function(data,responseCode)How can I force it to pull the latest version in from the serverPlease help.Stephen
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Replace text html onload - beginner level - JavaScript Help

I want to change a web page by nesting extra div tags inside a div which is contained in my html - so that I can format subsections.I don't want to do this with an onclick button, but as the page loads .I'm a beginner at javascript and am struggling with the syntax, so would really appreciate any help.This is an example of what I want to do. Change this: Apple Banana Coconut Chair Lamp Table To this: FRUIT Apple Banana Coconut FURNITURE Chair Lamp Table The actual list is much longer, with about 6 different subcategories, so I expect to be using the first and last items of each subcategory (ie Apple/Coconut and Chair/Table) to identify the start and end point of each find and replace.If someone can just show me the mechanism of find and replace and adding the new html to the document automatically, I can probably fill in the details. the examples I've seen so far use buttons, or either change the tag or the text but not both. I also need to know where to place the code.Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javascript null error - JavaScript Help

why i am getting b is null error createelement var b = document.getElementById('clickme'), count = 0; b.onclick = function () { count += 1; b.innerHTML = "Click me: " + count; }; click me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Imitating the index property - JavaScript Help

I have a list of DIVs in a DIV container and I want to be able to find out what index a specific div is in its parent's children collection. The other way around is easy. If I need to reference the 5th object in the container I simply use container.children[4]. But say I want the onclick event of one of those children to return its index number. This is where I am having trouble.The OPTION tag has an attribute called index that does just that, but I don't think I can format a select box to look the way I want it.Does anyone know of a tag that allows this attribute or a way to imitate its functionality Or even how to format a select box to not look like a select box
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

using a php var in a js function - JavaScript Help

need a little help implementing a couple of php (or js) variables in this function: function toggle_acuras() { var form = document.getElementById('Acura'); var thanks = document.getElementById('Acura1'); ((form.checked) Acura1.style.display='block': Acura1.style.display='none'); } where i can use function toggle_cars($variable) // toggle_cars($div_name) \t // { var form = document.getElementById('$checkbox_name'); var thanks = document.getElementById('$div_name'); ((form.checked) $div_name.style.display='block' : $div_name.style.display='none'); } instead of writing 45 js functions... wouldn't this work somehowthe call is made in the checkbox input >> onclick="toggle_acuras();"thanks in advanceGN , this isn't working, but it looks like it should... doesn't carType have to be defined somewhere... , makes great sense. didn't even think that far ahead. that's what i'll do, thanks much, for all your help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ajax and php - change text field with a button - JavaScript Help

Hi , I'have a problem. I want to change a field with a button. my field: my button: now is my question, how can ik change my button so, that every time I push the button it adds a 1 to the text field
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!