show image of the link on mouse over

:
This specific to the messages posted by members for various sections on this forum.
when I read through the message text, and if the member has typed in some link of other site, on mouse over of this link i see small image of the link contents.
I wanted to know how to do that
Are the images stored in the database and shown on mouse over or its something else.
Posted On: Monday 26th of November 2012 10:09:35 PM Total Views:  433
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF JavaScript PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Slideshow Messed-up

[IMG]http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff429/rakwel10/pix.jpg[/IMG] The picture above may not be that clear but this is my website created in Wordpress. As you can see, the slideshow is messed up. When the first slide will show up, the next slide is showing too under the first slide. When I try to zoom out the website and refresh it, its getting arranged. What do you think is the problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Dynamic show/hide toggle system

, So I was working with php, jquery, javascript and html to make a show/hide toggle system. I use php to fetch some data from my database and display them using html. I use jquery to make the show/hide toggle functionality. However, as I rely on php's while loop I can't actually point to one specific element so when I click a button to toggle visibility, every element is affected but I want only 1 element which is inside the same div as the toggle button which that was clicked. How can I accompanish this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

onmouseover stop slideshow

i tried this code but onmouseover it doesn't stop the the slideshow function nextslide() { // Hide current slide object = document.getElementById('slide' + current); //e.g. slide1 object.style.display = 'none'; // Show next slide, if last, loop back to front if (current == last) { current = 1; } else { current++ } object = document.getElementById('slide' + current); object.style.display = 'block'; var timeout = setTimeout(nextslide, 2500); object.onmouseover = clearTimeout(timeout); object.onmouseout = timeout; }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to show a field based on another fields value

Hi all, I am trying to show a field based on another field's value and hide it it initially... like when you want students to select their schools if they have gone for education ortherwise the school field remains inactive... I have the folowing scipt but it is not being fired on page load... I don't know where am going wrong.... function OnPageLoadAdd(pageid) { var tName = 'dbo.Register'; var ctrleducation = Runner.controls.ControlManager.getAt(tName, pageid, 'education'); var ctrlCollage = Runner.controls.ControlManager.getAt(tName, pageid, 'Collage'); ctrleducation.on('change', function(e){ if (this.getValue() == 'yes'){ ctrlCollage.setEnabled(); ctrlCollage.addValidation("IsRequired"); }else{ ctrlCollage.setDisabled(); ctrlCollage.setValue(""); ctrlCollage.removeValidation("IsRequired"); } }); }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Flash movies slideshow with Javascript

Ok if you visit http://www.miniclip.com you'll notice that there is some kind of flash rotator on the home page. This is my code attempt to move between preloaded swf animations using javascript. I've tried giving id of the object or embed but this won't help. Of course this is not that simple and the code isn't working. My intent is to have animation change when clicking the next button. Any help will be greatly appreciated. var flashNumber = 0; var items = 3; films = new Array(items) films[0] = "movies/animals1.swf"; films[1] = "movies/mammyblue2.swf"; films[2] = "movies/whitebird1.swf"; function nextmovie(){ holder = document.getElementById('content'); flashNumber++; if(flashNumber == items) flashNumber = 0; holder.src = films[flashNumber]; }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Form validation--makes errors show in hidden div

I have a user name, password, phone number etc., that all need to be validated before being submitted. The functions filter out the unwanted characters and null and zero length strings. I did have a pop up that listed the errors but I would prefer them to be listed below the log in screen that is a hidden div. I cannot get it to work. The validation works fine, though.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

jQuery datepicker show how many selected

, I have a jQuery datpicker setup like this: $(function() { $('input').filter('#startPicker').datepick({ minDate: new Date(2010, 11, 20), maxDate: new Date(2010, 11, 27), multiSelect: 999, altField: '#date' }); }); is it possible to show the number of dates the user clicks on in the altfield, or somewhere else
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

cells Hide/show in each of the rows of a table using?

I have a query regarding the hide/show of the cells in a table. The first column is 'Yes and No' options using combo box, 2nd option is 'input field', 3rd column is also 'Yes and No' option using combo box, and 4th option is also 'input field'. What I want is to make a table using JAVASCRIPT, in which if i select 'No' from the first row first column, i want to hide the remaining 3 cells of the first row. Otherwise if i select 'yes' from the first row first column i want to show all the 3 other options of the first row. Also in between if I select 'No' from the first row third column i want to hide the first row fourth column cell. Selecting 'yes' from the first row third column will show the first row fourth column. I want apply the same setting of hide and show cells into the remaining columns also. By selecting 'no' from first column -> hide other corresponding cells of the row by selecting 'yes' from the first column -> show other corresponding cells of the row AND ALSO By selecting 'no' from third column -> hide fourth cell of the corresponding/same row by selecting 'yes' from the third column -> show fourth cell of the corresponding/same row I have posted this question in the tablular form, but it is now showing in the proper format. Anyone in the forum please help me to make this table using JAVASCRIPT. I need this table within a day or two. Waiting for someone's reply. Amarjit
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to show & and & in div using javascript

I'm having some requirement where i need to show some value in div tags and latter parse it to save in database. the value which is html escape char are getting translated when in div thus making the input wrong. like some where i'm using & and < they got displayed as" &" html escape code. what i want is that what ever be inputed is show as it is like if < is a input only < is shows not < and vice-versa presently when user enter < and < both displayed as < but value remain as < when accessed to any variable. what i want is that < and < both displayed and value assigned to variable remain as it is means < and
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

creating inline calender as shown below.

Hi can a get the inline calender with the controls as shown in figure. I already developed calender only using java script. But not able to select date using the same inline calender.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

show image on certain position

I have this var x = window.event.clientX; var y = window.event.clientY; i get the x and y coordinates on button click i do this x = x+10; y = y +10; how can I now on this position X AND Y, pop up an imageon that position\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to disabled window focus when div tag is shown

Hi , I need help on this. I am a new bie in javascript When javascript alert is popped up, it doesnot allow us to focus on the window till we click on the alert ok button. Can we do the same when I popup div alert. I have put in the code in a function to call when div is loaded. But its not working The code I am using is: function blur() { // alert("blur"); //window.blur(); window.focus=false; } But it seems like its not working, Even the alert is also not popping up,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

help with scrolling, clickable slide show

. First let me say I'm completely novice in Java. Someone else wrote this and emailed it to me, I have just tried to used it. I know my way round html pretty well but this one's got me foxxed. I'm trying to write a image slide show website that can scroll. I'v managed it and it appear to work well. But then when I try it in firefox the images are selectable but the scrollbar locks solid. Here's the website http://freespace.virgin.net/jp.mountford/test/foliohome.htm and here's the java http://freespace.virgin.net/jp.mountford/test/ or a direct dowload http://freespace.virgin.net/jp.mountford/test/scroll.js I'd really appreciate any help in fixing this. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Frame forwarding, show different content based on?

Hi , I will be creating a white label website for car hire dealers. My main website will be called something like: carhire.com, the content on carhire.com will be pulled in from a database. Now once that carhire.com is complete i want to be able to frame forward other domains e.g. phillscars.com, so what will happen is someone will go to phillscars.com and the content wil be loaded from carhire.com (the content loaded will be relevant to phillscars.com). There are going to be several domain names frame forwarding to carhire.com, each domain name needs to be read by carhire.com and serve the correct content based on the domain name. Also when someone goes to phillscars.com each link on the website needs to point to http://www.phillscars.com/thelink.php I am not sure how to achieve the above, if someone could point me in the correct direction or post sample code that would be most helpful.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need to Preload many Images (and show a wait screen)

:( I have a website at: http://www.outingsunlimited.com This site has quite a few "mouseover" images (37 actually) and I need to preload them before I start. When someone goes to the site, while the images are loading.....the screen is just blank and they think there is a problem.....:( HELP !!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to make RSS reader show mediagroup content

I've build a simple rss reader, using jquery mobile. It uses google feed API to return the feed as JSON. Now I want it to also show the content in the media tags, but I don't know how. I've tried this: for(i=1; i maxLength) maxLength : articleLength; for (var i = 1; i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

slideshow won't start

hi there, have these slide show code but when open a webpage the slides dont start automatically will appreciate if you find the cause... thanks java code: var interval = 1500; var random_display = 0; var image_dir = "images/" var ImageNum = 1; imageArray = new Array(); imageArray.push(new imageItem(image_dir + "3pizza.jpg")); imageArray[imageArray.length-1].sLink = image_dir + "1pizza.jpg"; imageArray.push(new imageItem(image_dir + "2pizza")); imageArray[imageArray.length-1].sLink = image_dir + "1pizza.jpg"; imageArray.push(new imageItem(image_dir + "3pizza.jpg")); imageArray[imageArray.length-1].sLink = image_dir + "3pizza.jpg"; var number_of_image = imageArray.length; function imageItem(image_location) { this.image_item = new Image(); this.image_item.src = image_location; } function get_ImageItemLocation(imageObj) { return(imageObj.image_item.src) } function randNum(x, y) { var range = y - x + 1; return Math.floor(Math.random() * range) + x; } function getNextImage() { if (random_display) { ImageNum = randNum(0, number_of_image-1); } else { ImageNum = (ImageNum+1) % number_of_image; } var new_image = get_ImageItemLocation(imageArray[ImageNum]); return(new_image); } function getPrevImage() { ImageNum = (ImageNum-1+number_of_image) % number_of_image; var new_image = get_ImageItemLocation(imageArray[ImageNum]); return(new_image); } function prevImage(place) { var new_image = getPrevImage(); document[place].src = new_image; } function rotateImage(place) { var new_image = getNextImage(); document[place].src = new_image; var recur_call = "rotateImage('"+place+"')"; timerID = setTimeout(recur_call, interval); } function seeImage() { window.location = imageArray[ImageNum].sLink; } window.onload = function () { prevImage("rImage"); } and html code: > play slideshow  || pause slideshow >
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Getting the Time, Date etc. to show correctly?

My only problem is getting the Time, Date, etc. to show up, my position is all good and I'm ready to have this start working per this code here /* timeStr is a text string containing the current date and time mapNum */ { var timeStr = showDateTime(); } -------- I created a time.div class to place this into my site, like this, document.write(timeStr); But I get a "undefined" FYI, have the dates.js JavaScrit file generating per the text of current date in the right folder. thanks in advance Will This post has been edited by Dormilich: 01 May 2012 - 03:13 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

my jquery didnt shown

why does my jquery didnt shown this is my header code, i'm using CI to code it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

onmouseover display a box that show text + URL

i want to be able to display text + URL when i move to a link. When i select close window then the screen go away. No pop up window. i just want a box next to the link to be able to do this. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!