removing text - JavaScript Help

So basically im trying to create a function that checks lines entered into a text box that removes duplicates completely.

For example in the text box this is wrote.

The
And
To
What
Where
The
One
And
Where

I dont want duplicates changing to one. I want them out. So it reads

To
What
One

Just a starting point would help please.

Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 12:39:00 AM Total Views:  269
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF JavaScript PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

add text onclick to textarea where carot is

This is because you are appending the new value always. You have to get the position of the carrot and do some string operation. here is a function to insert in between:- ( http://alexking.org/blog/2003/06/02/inserting-at-the-cursor-using-javascript ) function insertAtCursor(myField, myValue) { //IE support if (document.selection) { myField.focus(); sel = document.selection.createRange(); sel.text = myValue; } //MOZILLA/NETSCAPE support else if (myField.selectionStart || myField.selectionStart == '0') { var startPos = myField.selectionStart; var endPos = myField.selectionEnd; myField.value = myField.value.substring(0, startPos) + myValue + myField.value.substring(endPos, myField.value.length); } else { myField.value += myValue; } } // calling the function insertAtCursor(document.formName.fieldName, 'this value');
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

Ajax help => Scriptculous

, I'm a noob with PHP and unversed in Javascript, but I need to implement some Ajax in a page I'm building. I'm using the Scriptaculous libraries. Here's the problem I'm having: I have four different links in the menubar. When I click on the first link, it makes a div block appear using the effect "Appear". If I click the same link again, the div fades Effect.toggle . This works great. Now, I click on a new link and it does the same thing. Great. The problem arises if I have already clicked on link "A" and the div is showing and I then click on link "B". The div associated with link "B" appears over the div associated with link "A". The help I'm asking: When I click a link, it should first try to fade any visible div and then make its associated div appear. This is what I've been trying (it doesn't quite work though): my combo.js script: Effect.OpenUp = function(element) { element = $(element); new Effect.Appear(element, arguments[1] || {}); } Effect.CloseDown = function(element) { element = $(element); new Effect.Fade(element, arguments[1] || {}); } Effect.Combo = function(element) { element = $(element); if(element.style.display != 'none') { new Effect.CloseDown(element, arguments[1] || {}); setTimeout('Effect.OpenUp(element, arguments[1] || {})', 250) } else { new Effect.OpenUp(element, arguments[1] || {}); } } My menubar: about tracks My dispaying page: Content Stuff. Thank you for any help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

help me plzzzzz

plz correct the following code plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

navigation on button click

hi, i have a form with 3 radio buttons and one submit button.on clicking submit i want to navigate to page corresponding to the radio button selected.How can i achieve this..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Filling 2nd dropdown by choice in first

SPORT Choose Sport Tennis Cricket PLAYERS
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Skipping OnBeforeUnload event

! I'm facing several problems with OnBeforeUnload event (only in IE). I need to do some actions with a user when he reloads(F5, "Reload" button, Ctrl+R) or closes the page. The Unload event is a good approach here. However, it ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

JS Error: "... Is Not a Function" Help! - JavaScript Help

I am trying to take 2 input fields, multiply them, and return the result in another input field.Here is my javascript function which is located in the section of my code. function hrzones() { var a = document.getElementById('fthr'); var b = document.getElementById('mhr'); var c = document.getElementById('hr1_min'); c.value = parseInt(a.value) + parseInt(b.value); } So basically I am wanting to take fthr * mhr and return to the page hr1_min.Here is what my html looks like where I call the function. When I click on the button nothing happens; and Firebug give me the error message, "hrzones is not a function"What is going on!Sorry if this is simple, I am really new to Javascript as you can tell by the amazing complexity of this function! haha
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

JQuery slideDown() after Ajax not working - JavaScript Help

Strangely it works if the div is set to display:none. What you could do as a bit of a work around is wrap the response data in a hidden div and apply the .slideDown() to that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

jQuery to refresh PHP variable - JavaScript Help

I have a PHP random number generator, however this requires page loads to generate another number.If I put the PHP code in a script file, how can I get a button to refresh/update it with an jQuery/Ajax http requestPHP code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

On Click and unclick? - JavaScript Help

I'm working on a WYSIWYG editor. I'm not that great with JS at the moment.I'm trying to make the buttons on the toolbar turn a color if they are enabled and then shut off when disabled.For example. If you click bold to enable bold font weight, it will turn the background of the button darker while enabled. Then I want it to return to normal when clicked again to disable the bold font weight.Using "this.style.background" in the function that handles the things onclick works, but I cannot get it to disable when u click again.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

TableSorter Plugin in an Ajax UpdatePanel

I have implemented 2 JQuery plugins: TableSorter Plugin and TableSorterPager Plugin into a child Page of a MasterPage. In this page I have also implemented JQuery UI for tabs and accordions inside each tabs. I am also using Ajax Update Panel to stop the page from postback in most cases. My problem comes when I wanted jQuery functions inside an update panel, which I then solved with the following code, which I found on google: function pageLoad() { $(function () { $("#myTableAdmin") .tablesorter() .tablesorterPager({ container: $("#pager") }); $("#btnAccountFilter").click(function (event) { $("#accountFilter").toggle("slow"); }); }); } This is implemented inside the The table sorter worked fine before I added the pager to my table: .tablesorterPager({ container: $("#pager") }); When I am adding the pager, Ajax UpdatePanels work only the first time, but then they all stop from working. I'm totally lost and I don't know why the heck this is happening. When I remove the pager again, everything works ok. some one can help me on this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

JavaScript error

Hi all im having issues with my Javascript code. I have to do this: 1;Check that all fields have input as they are all required. If any field is missing data, display alert box saying fields are required, review your screen before continuing. 2;Zip Codes must be only the numbers from 0 to 9. If not all numbers, Display alert box saying Invalid Zip Code. Must be numbers only. 3;If Next Day button is clicked, display alert box saying Next Day Shipping will be an extra charge2 4;If the Bill To Same as Ship To is checked, copy all values from the Ship To section to the Bill To section HTML code i did: Shopping Cart Shopping Cart Ship To Information Name: Address City: State: Choose a state South Carolina Georgia North Carolina Zip Code: Shipping Option: Normal Next Day Bill To Same As Ship To: Bill To Information Address City: State: Choose a state South Carolina Georgia North Carolina Zip Code:   my Javascript code: window.onload = initForms; function initForms() { for (var i=0; i< document.forms.length; i++) { document.forms[i].onsubmit = validForm; } } function validForm() { // Place validation code here return false; } my css code: body { color: #000; background-color: #FFF; } label { width: 10em; float: left; text-align: right; margin-right: 0.5em; display: block; I cant seem to understand what they need me to do, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to integrate third-party JavaScript libraries in userscripts

For this userscript I'm writing, I need to use a couple of third-party Javascript libraries which have multiple JS files. Since @require doesn't work on Chrome, how can I add multiple external JS libraries to a userscript I'm considering all the possibilities before choosing one. I know you can add jQuery using this method. I have personally used that. But all my other code would have to run inside the main function of this code! I think that would be a problem when there are many libraries to work with. Can you please suggest any other alternatives your help is much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[2-in-1 question, Math related] Compressing a function, and more

Hi all, I've currently been working on a for-fun project making a pretty looking website using the new CSS3 elements and making it without images, and while I was making it, I figured I would also use this as my playground to make a calculator for a game my friends and I play. (For those of you who are curious, it's for Tibia. Yeah, that really old 2D game still exists.) On one page in particular, I have a form that lets a viewer insert 2 values and when they submit it, it calls a Javascript function that, based on several different formulas, tells the viewer how much healing/damage a particular spell would deal. Below is the current code I use with an explanation: //Grabs the two values, level and magic level, the user inputs var lvl = document.getElementById("lvl").value; var ml = document.getElementById("ml").value; //This is the first calculation. The real formula you can do on paper is this: //Max healing: (lvl*0.2)+(mlvl*12.79)+79 //Min healing: (lvl*0.2)+(mlvl*7.22)+44 var minheal = Math.round((lvl * 0.2) + (ml * 7.22) + 44); var maxheal = Math.round((lvl * 0.2) + (ml * 12.79) + 79); //This is the second calculation. Pretty much the same idea as the first, but different enough to need two more //variables. Real formula: //Max damage: (lvl*0.2)+(mlvl*1.59)+10 //Min damage: (lvl*0.2)+(mlvl*0.81)+4 var mindamage = Math.round((lvl * 0.2) + (ml * 0.81) + 4); var maxdamage = Math.round((lvl * 0.2) + (ml * 1.59) + 10); //And this is how the information is displayed. It just grabs the variables corresponding to the spell / max or min and //puts them inside the p tag I have on the page. document.getElementById("result").innerHTML = 'Your UH runes and spells will heal from ' + minheal + ' to ' + maxheal + ' hp.'; document.getElementById("otherresult").innerHTML = 'Your stalagmite runes will deal from ' + mindamage + ' to ' + maxdamage + ' damage.'; What I don't like about this is this is just two particular spells in the game. I want to eventually get to cover all of the useful ones, which is around 30. I spoke to my professor about this(keep in mind this is NOT for a grade)and he mentioned something about a function inside of the function(my memory is a little blurry, it was 2 days ago), which will do one calculation, display it, and immediately go on to the next so there aren't many variables the user would have to store for no real reason after the function is finished. Could someone point me in the right direction as to how I'd do something like that I'm completely stumped
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

IE 9 Mootools Accordion Error

I inherited an old site which I was asked to move to Wordpress, but DO NOTHING MORE. Unfortunately, the JS, as it is, fails in IE 9. If you navigate to these pages: www.supportliberia.com/home/our-network/philanthropic-partners www.supportliberia.com/home/resources/projects www.supportliberia.com/home/resources/ngos You'll see dynamically loaded Mootools Accordion elements. It works in every browser I've tried except IE 9, including older versions of IE. From what I gather, the effect runs an older version of Mootools 1.2 with an older version of a plugin called Accordion (pre Mootools More). I'm going to keep messing with this, and I may rip it all out and start over with a newer version of Mootools, which is compatible, but I'm pretty much at a dead end. Also a JS noob.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

noob needs help

please could you help me i am using highcharts and cant get the dates to show at the bottom from mysql over 5 days please could some one help me with this thank you here is the chart database layout code Daily Temperature 8 Conv var chart = new Highcharts.Chart({ chart: { renderTo: 'container' }, title: { text: 'Weekly Temperature', x: -20 //center }, subtitle: { text: 'Source: 8 conveyor', x: -20 }, tooltip: { formatter: function() { return ''+ this.series.name +''+ this.x +': '+ this.y +' oC '; } }, xAxis: { type: 'datetime', tickPixelInterval: 150, maxZoom: 20 * 1000 }, yAxis: { title: { text: 'Temperature ( oC )' }, plotLines: [{ value: 0, width: 1, color: '#808080' }] }, series: [{ name: 'Temp 1', data:, }, { name: 'Temp 2', data:, }] }); thanks
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sum from 1 to n problem

Howiyas, I am trying to make a javascript for a html file that will ask the user to enter a number and then find the sum from 1 to n. This is what I have done, but it doesn't return any value. Any help Javascript var input; function addInts(total,input) { int sum = 0; for (int i = 1; i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

jQuery - Hover on a Parent div to FadeIn/Out Child div select problem

Webdesigners, I really have no idea why this isn't working, I've tried everything, by using .next(), .sibling(), .parent(), .children(). Non of them seemed to worked. .child { display:none; } Parent 1 - Child 1 Parent 2 - Child 2 Parent 3 - Child 3 $( function() { // NON OF THESE WORK $('.parent').hover( function() { $(this).next('child').fadeIn('slow'); }, function() { $(this).next('child').fadeOut('slow'); } ); $('.parent').hover( function() { $(this).parent().next('child').fadeIn('slow'); }, function() { $(this).parent().next('child').fadeOut('slow'); } ); $('.parent').hover( function() { $(this).sibling('child').fadeIn('slow'); }, function() { $(this).sibling('child').fadeOut('slow'); } ); $('.parent').hover( function() { $(this).parent().sibling('child').fadeIn('slow'); }, function() { $(this).parent().sibling('child').fadeOut('slow'); } ); $('.parent').hover( function() { $(this).children('child').fadeIn('slow'); }, function() { $(this).children('child').fadeOut('slow'); } ); $('.parent').hover( function() { $(this).parent().children('child').fadeIn('slow'); }, function() { $(this).parent().children('child').fadeOut('slow'); } ); } ); I know fadeIn automatically displays a display:none class, so probably that is not the problem. Can anyone help me find what is missing here Thank you for your help EDIT: What does work is by just using the .css() or pure CSS parent:hover, but there is no animation which defeats the purpose of using jQuery This post has been edited by ernestlwl: 21 April 2012 - 11:10 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tablesorter jQuery Plugin - a fix

Tablesorter (currently v2.0.5) includes an "update" method. This method keeps a Tablesorter object up to date with dynamic changes made to its table(s). Like other Tablesorter methods "update" is implemented in the form of a custom event. A typical method call would be $table.trigger("update"); , where $table is a jQuery object. For some reason unknown to me, the "update" event code is written inside a setTimeout(function(){...}, 1) structure. Presumably this overcomes a problem in some browser or other. This works fine within itself but means that statement(s) immediately following a .trigger("update") call will be executedbefore the "update". This is no good when the following statement(s) depend on the update being complete, notably .trigger("sorton", ...) , which (re)implements a sort. The following patch overcomes the shortcoming by implementing within the "update" method: a way to re-execute the last user-selected sort a generalised way to execute any code of your choice. For usage instructions, see comment block in code. Airshow
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need a dropdown list that holds the value

Everyone, I was hoping someone could help me here. I need a way to have a drop down that when selected it can keep a value and display it below here is an example. A drop down list of ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 30th November 2012
View Replies!

tree menu from current folder

i tried to find tutorials to build a working tree menu from contents of current folder but was unable to find any, neither did i find any working scrit to build on can anyone suggest something i am a newbie ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dynamic content, I need idea

Hi I have small site which will track users talking on mobile phone (site will refresh every x minutes and retreive new data from the server). Users can change their location (walking), or they can talk standing at same place. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Automatically clear users data if left unattended (AJAX)

New security method where users data automatically 'disappears' if left unattended with mouseout function using AJAX. The principal behind the function is to set an arbitratory timer where the DIV Element is updated to show a blank field(s). This can ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Enable an asp control runat server via javascript, until this control is not enable from server

I have seen that if I put a radiolistbutton on a page with 3 radiobutton and the first (as example) is not enable at design time (so server side), i can't enable it from javascript with something like this var ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Simple, I assume, Javascript question.... The code looks fine, andthe problem eludes me.

Hi. I have this html

Filter list by... ...

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Set focus to a div

Hi My users would like to be able to see the menu and the footer navigation in a website I'm building without first having to scroll to the top or bottom the screen in order to get to them, which ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

form serialization (Code Worth Recommending Project)

If all goes well, this is part one of what will hopefully result in a body of code the group can recommend as a resource for JavaScript programmers and library writers. At the very least it's something constructive we can ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ Topic - How do I disable the right mouse button?

----------------------------------------------------------------------- FAQ Topic - How do I disable the right mouse button ----------------------------------------------------------------------- The oncontextmenu intrinsic event is the only safe and reliable method. Of the other approaches often presented, most depend on an alert box interrupting the process and ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Cross-Browser Element Bottom Position

I have no perfect cross-browser solution to position html element on the bottom of the page. I know that with Firefox I do it as: position:fixed; bottom:0px; However, IE does not understand that. Did anyone come across this issue to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ Topic - How do I close a window and why does it not work on the first one?

----------------------------------------------------------------------- FAQ Topic - How do I close a window and why does it not work on the first one ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Use ` windowRef.close() `, where windowRef is a window object reference, such as window, top, parent, self, or a ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Best Expired domain finder

Find expired domains with the best software: http://www.antssoft.com The best domain names are already taken. But with expired domain software you can find the best domain names like: -------------------------------- http://www.beyx.com http://www.c6d.de http://www.fyq.us http://www.gv0.net http://www.j1o.de http://www.aj0.net http://www.3tt.de http://www.3ss.de http://www.aryh.com http://www.qym.us http://www.f6x.de ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb.listbox

(Type your message here) Dim x As Integer ' Loop through all items the ListBox. For x = 0 To ListBox1.Items.Count - 1 ' Determine if the item is selected. i have this code in a button how do i ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can JS use the R/L arrow keys?

I am designing an HTML gallery to display a friend's photos. The gallery generating software I use implants a "next" and "previous" link in each photo page. Is there any way I could tap the R/L arrow keys with javascript ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

showModalDialog

I have a Modal Dialog that open fine but when I close it using window.close() it open another window with same HlpEmp.Aspx and next and next. The only way I can close it is by clicking on x. I am ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Interfaces and cloning out put issues.

I need my output to display "couting alligator....1 alligator..2 alligator 3..alligator" and the same for sheep. Here is my code. Where am i going wrong with my output { interface Countable{ public void incrementCount(); public void resetCount(); public int getCount(); public String getCountString(); } class igator implements Countable{ private int count = 0; public igator(){ System.out.println("Counting alligators... \n"); } public int getCount(){ return count; } public String getCountString() { return this.getClass().getName(); } public void incrementCount() { this.count++; } public void resetCount() { this.count = 0; } } class Sheep implements Countable, Cloneable{ private int count; private String name; public Sheep(){ System.out.println("Counting sheep... \n"); } public int getCount() { return count; } public String getCountString() { return getName(); } public void incrementCount() { this.count++; } public void resetCount() { this.count = 0; } public String getName() { return name; } public void setName(String name) { this.name = name; } protected Object clone() throws CloneNotSupportedException { Sheep cloneSheep = new Sheep(); cloneSheep.count = this.count; cloneSheep.setName(getName()); return cloneSheep; } } class CountUtil{ public static void count(Countable c, int maxCount) { for(int i = 1; i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd December 2012
View Replies!

[link] Fully Understanding the this Keyword

http://net.tutsplus....e-this-keyword/ Looks like a good read for those not up to par on what exactly "this" is. QuoteTodays tutorial comes courtesy of the extremely talented Cody Lindley, from his latest book: Javascript Enlightenment. He discusses the confusing this keyword, and the various ways to determine and set its value.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Nothings appearing on screen

Untitled 1 td { width:1cm; height:1cm; } var iCol; var iRow; var color = 0; document.write(""); for(iRow = 0; iRow < 8; iRow++) { document.write(""); for(iCol = 0; iCol < 8; iCol++) { if(color == 0) { document.write(""); color = 1 } else { document.write(""); color = 0 } document.write(""); } document.wirte(""); } document.write(""); This post has been edited by macosxnerd101: 14 June 2011 - 08:14 PM Reason for edit:: Please use code tags
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Possible To Disable Browser's Auto-Fill with Javascript?

So I have a simple form that crunches some numbers written in HTML and javascript, but if you're running repeated calculations, inputing the numbers and seeing the drop down auto-fill menu can be kind of annoying. Now I know that each user can disable this feature in their browser, but I was wondering if there was any trick to doing it in javascript. Is there any way I can stop the little auto-fill drop down from coming up no matter what browser or settings the user has Maybe there's some cache I can clear, so that the menu won't be populated. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javascript

hii alll I want date in textbox and for to display date i m using javascipt. how to calll javascript in textbox. or..... I have one more option I want this date to store in database...and i m just dispalying date so how date displaying using javascript can be stored in database (MySQL).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th December 2012
View Replies!

javascript

anybody no how i can count the number of times a visitor clicks on a particular link on my site can i use javascript
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Javascript Color & Text Change Searchform

, I am Ernie, the Auctioneer from Switzerland and I usually write and enhance PERL related Stuff like Auction Scripts. I use some Java Scripting to enhance my Pages, and I found a very nice little Java Script Search Setup wich changes colors and text when clicked on the buttons. Unfortunately, I have been spending hours on it to make it work with Mozilla/Firebird Browsers, but I had no luck. If no selection (other than the standard preset KEYWORD) has been done, I click on the search button and it works. If I change the selection to either USERNAME or ITEMNUMBER, Color changes and Searchtext changes also, BUT the Searchbutton does not work anymore. Using IE, I have no problem at all. Anybody may test it under: http://www.everyauct...in/s/auction.pl Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you Ernie Attached File(s) s.txt (4.08K) Number of downloads: 101
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Javascript problem in IE when in strict mode

, I have this javascript to show a floating div wich stays always visible. Only it doesnt work in my website since the doctype is strict. When i set it to Transitional it works ok, but the rest of the website doesnt. Can anyone help me I am stuck.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Passing form values to new window

I'm trying to figure out how to pass selected values from a form to a page (both pages are ASP) in a new window via the URL. My form uses radio buttons as a means to make a selection: Option1 Option2 Option3 Option4 So that my URL would look something like this: http://www.mywebsite...t.aspu_input=A Any ideas on how to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem with document.form.submit

The following code must call MaPage.php and post to it the variable _strUserId when the user click on "click here" text. form and post works just fine with a submit button. javascript works very well (it can open a new window for example). but document.form1.submit() doesnt seem to work in the following code. when a user click on the text, nothing happens and the status bar mark: "error on page" Any ideas how to make this code to work
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

3 select boxes with a total max value - JavaScript Help

Hi all,I think this would be done using javascript, Im not really sure.Im trying to work out a way to split a value between 3 select boxes. For example if the max value was 9 I only want a total value of 9 to be selectable between the 3 select boxes e.g box 1 could have a value of 2, box 2 could have a value of 5 and box 3 could have a value of 2.Hope that makes sense,Does anyone know how I could do this please Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

String Problem - JavaScript Help

How can I make this string workdocument.getElementById("PAGE").innerHTML = 'View Comments';
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!

.js file help - JavaScript Help

In the head tags of my page is have this..and at the moment I am putting all the my Javascript in that file, but that file is now becoming seriously long, and harder to read, is there a way to split the file up into many different files, to make it easier to understand and read. I have tried putting two script tags like this, but this did not seem to work. What can I do to make it easier for myself
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Confirm delete of a record - JavaScript Help

Hi Can anyone help with the following I want to add a popup message to confirm the deleting of a record What code do I need to add to this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Integrating jQuery UI Selectable and SuperFish - JavaScript Help

I have a CMS system that uses SuperFish to build the menu on the front end. On the back end one of the most common comments we received was users found it hard to relate the back end menu to the front end menu. Our solution, make an editable copy of the front end menu in the back end. This involved combining the jQuery UI selectable feature with a SuperFish menu.The initial integration works great. I have a menu bar with 2 tiers of drop down menus on them and I can move items around on the menu fine. I can select an item in a child menu and move it to it's parent fine, however I can't move an item to a child menu because whilst the drag feature is functioning hovering over a SuperFish menu doesn't open it.What I need to do is try to find a suitable way to open all the child menus when select is active. I thought something like this would work: start: function(event, ui) { $('ul.main-menu').showSuperfishUl(); }, stop: function(event, ui) { $('ul.main-menu').hideSuperfishUl(); }However that just creates an ever increasing number of white spaces every time I move my mouse whilst dragging an item in a menu. Is there a way to open all of the child menus of the active select menu
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

Generating a dropdown style from a textbox like in facebook messages - JavaScript Help

I'm sure you've seen facebook, and myspace messages. Where when you compose, you type in the name, and it brings like.. a menu of a list of friends LIKE whats entered in the textbox. When clicking one, it inserts it into a div style into the textbox, allowing you the ability to add multiple contacts.How do I do that - Like this...http://lh3.ggpht.com....pngimgmax=800
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!