PHP get_file_contents equivalent for Javascript

I have been trying to figure out how to access files on different servers through javascript, as i am converting an onsite myspace app to an iframe app, i need to get the contents of a file from the last.fm api and store it in a variable. Or maybe i could get it with php and store it in a javascript variable if that is possible, any help would be great
Posted On: Wednesday 21st of November 2012 01:58:22 AM Total Views:  336
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF JavaScript PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Is there an equivalent Alert but to a file?

I am testing some jQuery that inserts HTML and I want to get get the text in a format that can be put into a text editor. Currently the Alert() displays the text but it cannot be copied/selected. Suggestions are welcomed... Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

I am testing some jQuery that inserts HTML and I want to get get the text in a format that can be put into a text editor. Currently the Alert() displays the text but it cannot be copied/selected. Suggestions are welcomed... Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

How to do the MSL 'isin' equivalent in JavaScript?

, My before starting to learn JavaScript I fluently learnt MSL. In this language there was a syntax If-then-else statements called 'isin' which means; if string v1 is in string v2. Recently I learnt how to do the following: Code: if ($('#first_step #Category').val() == "Properties") { Which you should know means if the value of #Category is 'Properties'. I need to know how to do the equivalent of isin in JavaScrpt to see if a word is in $('#second_step #WhereFond').val(). #WhereFound is an predictive text input field where you can enter multiple locations separating with a comma. Best
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 20th October 2012
View Replies!

How to do the MSL 'isin' equivalent in JavaScript?

, My before starting to learn JavaScript I fluently learnt MSL. In this language there was a syntax If-then-else statements called 'isin' which means; if string v1 is in string v2. Recently I learnt how to do the following: Code: if ($('#first_step #Category').val() == "Properties") { Which you should know means if the value of #Category is 'Properties'. I need to know how to do the equivalent of isin in JavaScrpt to see if a word is in $('#second_step #WhereFond').val(). #WhereFound is an predictive text input field where you can enter multiple locations separating with a comma. Best
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

JavaScript equivalent of PHP print_r()

If there a JavaScript equivalent of PHP's print_r() or vardump() This would be very handy for debugging.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Java Sleep Function equivalent for Javascript

Soo, the way that java's sleep function works is it waits for a specified amount of time and then continues execution, i know how to use the setTimeout function for javascript but this isn't what i am looking for, i need to know if there is a function like java's sleep function, or if there is a way to rig up a function using setTimeout to work like java's sleep function,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!