PHP and List Box Help!!!! - JavaScript Help

hello I am a newbies in php and I need your kind help...

The syntax below will output a 12 listbox...what I want is I will add one listbox for the user option.. It means:

If user will select 1 - it will show only 1 listbox instead of 12
If user will select 2 - it will show only 2 listbox instead of 12
If user will select 3 - it will show only 3 listbox instead of 12
If user will select 4 - it will show only 4 listbox instead of 12
...........so on and so forth...

Can anyone help me

Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 12:17:49 AM Total Views:  123
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF JavaScript PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

need a suggestion for what to use for this particular?

i have an web project asssigned in my college . it is just to create a website to host events , such as quiz , puzzles , basically a website that has a functionality like topcoder.com. Im totally confused what tool to be used . i know php better. but please tell me whether that will help or i should learn javascript too. also please mention what tools will make my website a dynamic one and help me to create a cms ....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Javascript Not Working in IE7

I'm trying to pass on a URL variable using Javascript and it works fine in Fire Fox but not in IE. I've been reading that IE7 has a problem with GetElementbyID but I don't know how to work around it using the code. Any help would be greatly appreciated. function link ( ) { var urlout = "https://www.aarphealthcare.com/RequestInformation"; var urlquery = location.href.split(""); var myNewVar = urlquery[1]; if(myNewVar){ urlout = "/Marketing/UHG/Landing/50to64/RequestInformation.aspx"+myNewVar+"&products=EHI"; } else { urlout = "/Marketing/UHG/Landing/50to64/RequestInformation.aspxproducts=EHI"; } document.getElementById('linkout').href=urlout; document.getElementById('linkout2').href=urlout; } window.onload=function(){link()}
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Error creating Updating Clock Object that supports multiple instances

OK so I created an updating clock script that works (the first set of code) but it only works for one instance so I decided to change it where it will support multiple instance so I wrote the code with embedded functions (second set of code). The first code works and the second code is pretty much just the same code but written using [icode]this.example = function() {[/icode]. Can someone help me fix it This is my first attempt designing a script using the "this" feature and I'd like to know whats wrong. I have it set up where you can choose to make the code display the servers time (by embedding server-side values for the time), using the clients (by using the Javascript date() function) or by setting your own values into the parameters of the main function. Original (code that works): // v1.0 var clockElement = document.getElementById("Clock"); var clockZone = "(CST)"; var clockHours = 2; var clockMinutes = 8; var clockSeconds = 21; var clockMilleseconds = 1000 - 321; function clockDisplay() { if (clockSeconds > 59) { clockSeconds = 0; if (++clockMinutes > 59) { clockMinutes = 0; clockHours = (clockHours + 1) % 24; } } var hours = clockHours; var ampm = (hours >= 12) " PM " : " AM "; if (hours > 12) { hours -= 12; } else if (hours == 0) { hours = 12; } clockString = (hours < 10 "0" : "") + hours + ":" + (clockMinutes < 10 "0" : "") + clockMinutes + /*":" + (clockSeconds < 10 "0" : "") + clockSeconds + */ampm + clockZone; clockElement.innerHTML = clockString; ++clockSeconds; } function clockUpdate() { clockDisplay(); setInterval(clockDisplay, 1000); } clockDisplay(); setTimeout(clockUpdate, clockMilleseconds); New (code that doesn't work): function Clock(elementID, TimeZone, hour, minutes, second, millesecond) { this.clockElement = document.getElementById(elementID); this.clockZone = "(" + TimeZone + ")"; this.clockHours = hour; this.clockSeconds = second; this.clockMilleseconds = 1000 - millesecond; this.firstIntervalReached = false; this.update = false; this.display = function() { if (this.clockSeconds > 59) { this.clockSeconds = 0; if (++this.clockMinutes > 59) { this.clockMinutes = 0; this.clockHours = (clockHours + 1) % 24; } } var hours = this.clockHours; var ampm = (hours >= 12) " PM " : " AM "; if (hours > 12) { hours -= 12; } else if (hours == 0) { hours = 12; } clockString = (hours < 10 "0" : "") + hours + ":" + (clockMinutes < 10 "0" : "") + clockMinutes + ":" + (clockSeconds < 10 "0" : "") + clockSeconds + ampm + clockZone; clockElement.innerHTML = clockString; if (this.update == true) { ++this.clockSeconds; if (this.firstIntervalReached == false) { setTimeout(this.display, this.clockMilleseconds); } else { setTimeout(this.display, 1000); } } } var clock = new Clock("Clock", "CST", 2, 5, 23, 321); clock.update = true; clock.display();
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

How to get the browser's status bar text? (using js/jQuery/etc)

For example, I want to get the status if its "Waiting for blahblah.com" or "Connecting to blah blah" or "Done". Or I could use an approach where I will know if the page is busy (by busy i mean anything except "Done" in the status bar of the browser) or not. Because I have a code where I want to execute ONLY WHEN the browser is not busy ("Done" status in browser)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Calculate running total and displayed in each row?

hi.. i am working on a web application. i have 10 rows generated through for loop in that i was binding the table values in three textboxes ,one for price ,second for quantity and last one for total. textbox for calulating total depends on quantity with price. i.e) if i entering some quantities during tat time it will calculate the total value and displayed in total textbox.. i dont want to use button to calculate the total value for each rows. how to do this.. wat is the easy way to do this.. need ur suggestions with examples.. its my code .it is showing total of first row only .but i want every row's total in each row for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++) { :}// input box would b better but its not working so i use "textarea" .. this is my js file $(document).ready(function(){ //iterate through each textboxes and add keyup //handler to trigger sum event $(".txt").each(function() { $(this).keyup(function(){ total(); }); }); }); function total() { var total = 1; //iterate through each textboxes and add the values $(".txt").each(function() { //add only if the value is number if(!isNaN(this.value) && this.value.length!=0) { total *= parseFloat(this.value); } }); //.toFixed() method will roundoff the final sum to 2 decimal places $("#total").html(total); }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

call audio on event without plugin or player

, I am trying to call an audio file using the onload event. I am able to do it using the media player plugin but I need to be able to call it without the use of a plugin and have play directly in the browser. I think the tag and html 5 have something to do with it but I am unfamiliar with it. Here is what I got:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RSA Cryptography Library

hello,I Need RSA system code with javascript ,i heared there're some rsa libraries in the internet , i looked for it , and i found some thing but it's not what i look for , i look for library applied (PKCS #1 v2.1) or (PKCS 12 v1.0),i have project and i like to applied rsa system in client side of the web (by javascript).THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Hangman Source Code: JavaScript

thx for share
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Editing JavaScript Code by Adding Random Selection

Hi all, I am trying to figure out how to make an online quiz via Javascript, based on just a couple questions (4 to be exact) from a question-bank, and I want only 2 of the questions out of the 4 to appear when the quiz is taken (randomly of course). I found a great template online for what I want my quiz to look like, however, it does NOT have the random add-on functionality I would like. Any ideas to place me in the right direction would be great! I am not looking for the 'answer' or for someone else to do the work, just some tips as to how to get started on this would be wonderful!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

mouse over/image enlarge

I used from and the image sections as well. except on my page I have five images a crossed the bottom of the page. So when the image gets larger I want all images to stay in the same spot instead of moving down the page. What are your suggestions. view photo of web below http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37283397/pic.png Aug 26th, 2007 1 Re: Dynamically enlarge image on mouseover and mouseout You can pass the image id as parameter in functions: JavaScript / DHTML / AJAX Syntax (Toggle Plain Text) Dynamically enlarge image on mouseover and mouseout body {margin:64px;} #apDiv1 { position:absolute; left:361px; top:161px; width:186px; height:144px; z-index:1; } #apDiv2 { position:absolute; left:306px; top:127px; width:300px; height:164px; z-index:1; } #apDiv3 { position:absolute; left:188px; top:116px; width:100px; height:75px; z-index:1; } #apDiv4 { position:absolute; left:387px; top:113px; width:100px; height:75px; z-index:2; } // 100) { document.getElementById(id).height -= 30; document.getElementById(id).width -= 40; glbDec = setTimeout("decreaseSizeImage('"+id+"')", 32); }; } function increaseSizeImage(image) { var id = image; if(glbDec != null) {clearTimeout(glbDec); glbDec = null;}; if (document.getElementById(id).height < 216) { document.getElementById(id).height += 30; document.getElementById(id).width += 40; glbInc = setTimeout("increaseSizeImage('"+id+"')", 32); }; } // ]]>      
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

array within an array

Guys my goal for this multi dimensional array is to document the answers (right or wrong) for a test that the user is taking. In the beginning the test array is set up. as the user goes throught the questions the app should add to the array. Note: the page doesnt reload, the questions come via ajax. Here is what i have so far var test = new array(); function nextquestion(){ var result; if (document.getElementById('rb2').checked = true){ result = 'correct' ; } else{ result = 'incorrect'; } var num = document.getElementByName('rb').value; var question =new Array(); question1[0]= document.getElementByName('rb').value; //question id question1[1]= result; I want the test array to hold the data like so test[0] test[1][0] = question 1 test[1][1] = correct test[2][0] = question 4 test[2][1] = incorrect test[3][0] = question 17 test[3][1] = correct test[4][0] = question 12 test[4][1] = incorrect test[0] test[1][0] = question 1 test[1][1] = correct test[2][0] = question 2 test[2][1] = incorrect test[3][0] = question 3 test[3][1] = correct test[4][0] = question 4 test[4][1] = incorrect also what must i add to the next function to get the value of the question id so that i can + 1 to get the next question from the database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How would I "get" the text from this scroll pane thing?

, I was wondering whether someone would be willing to look at a thing and tell me where I found find more information about that "control" Do you see the little model of a hockey rink Right under it, there is a box which updates live with new "rectangles" of text... I would say it's like a list box which changes it's selected index on mouse overs. I was wondering if I could "get" the new rectangles of text (as a string) that appear in it without having to select/copy all the text on the webpage and having to do crazy string manipulation. I looked at the page's source (html) and could not find those pieces of text anywhere in it, if I could, I would have just downloaded the page's source every second and done simple string manipulation to find what I wanted. How would I go about looking in the source code to find what the "source" of all that text is. Or if you could possibly suggest a way to easily "get" those pieces of text, that would be very helpful. My goal is to get that information into a string array within my desktop application (VB.NET) every few seconds, but if that is too hard, I'll try to find another website (to get the text) EDIT: I used the "inspect element" thing in Google chrome, and it's called a "gcIceTracker play by play scroll pane" or something, and the things in it are called like "events"... That doesn't help though, I want to get something like the text in the "events" Oh, and I was confused as to where to put this topic, feel free to move it to a more "narrow" forum. This post has been edited by LeisureProgrammer: 03 January 2010 - 04:38 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to custimzed Map type controls in google map

i m using google map version 3. i want to customized the map type control show top-right corner.. i want to show all the type (map,statellite,terrain,earth) in one horizontal line (like its shown in V2). kindly guide me little..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem of Javascript in HTML 4.01 transitional

I got the problem about using javascript in HTML 4.01 transitional. When I use javascript no HTML 4.01 transitional , my validation form works , but when I put " " , my validation form doesn't work in Firefox , but It works in IE and google chrome how can I fix it Thank you for your help . Login form function validate(){ var un=info.username.value; var pw=info.password.value; var len=un.length; var len2=pw.length; if(len==0 && len2==0){ alert("Your Username and Password are still empty"); return false; } if(len==0){ alert("Your Username is still empty"); return false; } if(len2==0){ alert("Your Password is still empty"); return false; } return true; } User Name: Password: This post has been edited by pandaduc: 17 January 2009 - 09:45 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

*RESOLVED* Checking For Duplicate Form Values

EDIT:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

using onmouseover with area tag

try this online tool out http://www.image-maps.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Ajax / TabContainer / Back button issues

all, I'm hoping to get at least a pointer in the right direction here. Long story short, I've got a DB that I'm displaying information from. I'm doing so using a GridView under a TabContainer / UpdatePanel. Everything works fine, except one weird point - if you click on a row of displayed data, you get a proper postback, and you are brought to the item's information page. If I navigate via the menu back to the page containing the TabContainer, all is well. HOWEVER, if I click on my browser's back button, I get an invalid cast error if I click on another product. Now, if I click on the tab again (even though I'm already on that tab - I store the tabIndex via a cookie) all works fine. Any ideas why the back button would cause this behavior I'm relatively new to this, so if you need more information, please ask!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

responseText format??

Guys, I am using JSP with AJAX. After a certain JSP script is processed the output is sent to the responseText. Now, I want to check what output responseText consists so that i can perform further processing. For eg, I want responseText to contain"yes" or "no" and depending on what it contains i want to execute client side script. I hope i have nt confuse you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

image changing functionality using javascript

Hi , i have one issue in javascript image changing functionality,when the user clicks the next button the image changed to show another one image and same as rewind process also.when the person clicks the previous image can be showed. they are working fine. but my problem is, i have 5 records,in each the have 10 photos. when the user click to view 1 st records photo,they seen 5/10 and then move to next record(i.e)2nd records,at the time they seen 4/10 photos in that records,then they came back to 1st record at the moment when the user click previous or next button they image start from first photo. its my problem, i want when the user seen last 5 photos after viewing some other photos of any other records,they came back to 1st or previous they viewed records,i want to show from where they stopped to viewing the photo after the photo can be viewed. anyone help plz. urgent....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

worked in one file, not in the other???

Try to bring it up inside the tags! Some Title And with external script! Simply link it in to your page by doing this... Well that's all for now! Hope it helps you...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Javascript Progress Bar flickers

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

loading a page from url via script

I have the need to load an html page from a server in script. Once that page loads, I need to get to the URL of where it loaded from. (The initial page redirects to a new URL. The new ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MOVED: keep div in place while scrolling - JavaScript Help

This topic has been moved to CSS Help.http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.phptopic=306618.0
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Input Field Affect Being Affected by a Function - JavaScript Help

Below is my previous code I had working in the manner it would change the price, sub_total, tax, sh, total, and total_paid input fields to 0. There are two problems with this...1. When it outputs to the input fields, the value displays as 0 instead of 0.00.2. I need to have it only react when the value typed into the input field "trees_sold" is "0". If any higher, I would like it to ignore the statement. var trees_sold = 0.00; function InitSaveVariables(form) { price = form.price.value; sub_total = form.sub_total.value; tax = form.tax.value; sh = form.sh.value; total = form.total.value; total_paid = form.total_paid.value; } function CompPrices(form) { if (trees_sold == 0.00) { InitSaveVariables(form); form.price.value = 0.00; form.sub_total.value = 0.00; form.tax.value = 0.00; form.sh.value = 0.00; form.total.value = 0.00; form.total_paid.value = 0.00; } } Below is my current code I'm working with that I can't seem to get to function properly. I've modified the first two lines of code here, and am attempting to pull any data that is typed in and automatically take into consideration if it is a "0" value, it reacts as my code below says "if (trees_sold == 0.00)" and if anything else, it will not do anything. This is not working unfortunately. form.trees_sold.value = ""; trees_sold = form.trees_sold.value; function InitSaveVariables(form) { price = form.price.value; sub_total = form.sub_total.value; tax = form.tax.value; sh = form.sh.value; total = form.total.value; total_paid = form.total_paid.value; } function CompPrices(form) { if (trees_sold == 0.00) { InitSaveVariables(form); form.price.value = 0.00; form.sub_total.value = 0.00; form.tax.value = 0.00; form.sh.value = 0.00; form.total.value = 0.00; form.total_paid.value = 0.00; } } Anyone have any ideas Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Trimming

How can I trim a field in Javascript I tried: function trim(strValue){ return(strValue.replace(/^s+/,'').replace(/\s+$/,''));} But it doesnt seem to work. Here's the full code;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

Job Openings for great developers!

Fueled is a design and development agency based in nyc. We're looking for 3 talented developers to join our team. If you're interested, check out our job posting: http://fueled.com/bl...eled-wants-you/
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do I fix this java script to suggest a different password

I need to fix this so it suggests a password consisting of 6 letters and then 4 digits (e.g. axfiwk8435). But i can only figure out how to do the letters... sorry i'm kind of a noob at this letters="abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"; document.write("Suggested password: "); numLetters=0; while (numLetters < 6) { x=Math.floor(Math.random()*26); y=x+1; document.write(letters.substring(x, y)); numLetters = numLetters + 1; } This post has been edited by modi123_1: 05 March 2012 - 10:53 AM Reason for edit:: please use code tags
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need a dropdown list that holds the value

Everyone, I was hoping someone could help me here. I need a way to have a drop down that when selected it can keep a value and display it below here is an example. A drop down list of ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 30th November 2012
View Replies!

Two Popups on One Click

On click of a button on one page, I would like to activate a popup2- url. However, popup2 needs another url, popup1-url completely loaded. That means, I have to do two popups. popup2-url after completely loading popup1-url. Is there any ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

getElementById returns empty

Im purchased Simply Javascript from Sitepoint and Im working on some of these tutorials and none of them are working. I do not understand what is wrong. The html page:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Coding to determine the screen size

Hi all, In the company i work at, people use laptops and desktops. I create my sites using a desktop so how it's displayed on my monitor looks different to that displayed on a laptop. What coding is used to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

IE cannot open the Internet site ... Operation aborted

, we understand you may be able to help. We have a page which has been working great for over a year and gets many hits. However recently something got changed that we cannot seem to find, and now ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Validing a utf-8 string from search textbox with javascript regular expression

I have a search textbox in my website. I validate the search string with a "white list" of allowed characters: if((/^[a-zA-Z0-9_.@ \"']+$/).test(theSearchWord) == false) { return; } I'm allowing only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, underscore, point, @, " and ' ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Slow iframe rendering - firefox

i am using onmouse tooltip on my website. Under them i use iframe to hide form elements if is tooltip above them. Everything works fine only at firefox there is +-1sec "refresh" when tooltip function is called and iframe ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Quick help required

I have a dropdown which sets the selected value to a textfield ...... works fine. If I am setting the values of the dropdown within the codepage, how could I set 2 columns in the dropdown (if possible), but ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb.listbox

(Type your message here) Dim x As Integer ' Loop through all items the ListBox. For x = 0 To ListBox1.Items.Count - 1 ' Determine if the item is selected. i have this code in a button how do i ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

File extension of javascript file included in HTML

When using the following syntax, does the file extension matter For example, could I instead use where "foo.html" really contains javascript, not HTML My ISP provides an HTML-based host file editor that ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

showModalDialog

I have a Modal Dialog that open fine but when I close it using window.close() it open another window with same HlpEmp.Aspx and next and next. The only way I can close it is by clicking on x. I am ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Javascript key codes

i want key code for b+n combined, so that function works only when first b key is pressed and then n is pressed happens. if only n is pressed another function should happen. Plz help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 2nd December 2012
View Replies!

Get Resolution width problem

Nevermind, I got it. This post has been edited by Nemesis4895: 23 February 2011 - 04:59 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd December 2012
View Replies!

validation for html form adding 2 numbers

Hi Experts, I am trying to create an html form for adding 2 numbers and also trying to validate using java script. what I want is instead of getting an alert msg as a result I want the result to be displayed in the sum:text box --- not as an alert I want to validate the input fields ,if null -- throw an alert msg Can anyone help me withthis code plz Addition function do_addition() { var value1,value2,sum; if(document.form1.first.value=="" || document.form1.first.value==null){ alert("Enter number to calculate""); } else if(document.form1.second.value=="" || document.form1.second.value==null){ alert("Enter number to calculate""); } value1 = parseInt(document.form1.first.value); value2 = parseInt(document.form1.second.value); sum = (value1+value2); alert("The sum of " + value1 + " and " + value2 + " is " + sum + "."); } Enter 1st Number: Enter 2nd Number: Sum: Mod Edit: Please use code tags when posting your code. Code tags are used like so =>
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th December 2012
View Replies!

Pop Out Box

I'm not the best Javascript person but i'm trying to make a pop out box like on facebook. Inside the box it will have a flash game inside. But I can't seem to find anything useful on it. So I was seeing if any of you can help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Making A Javascript Calendar & Clock

First of all, My name is Mindful people call me Nai. I'm a 19 year old female from the East coast of USA Anyway, I just recently became interested in making my own scripts and things like that. I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to start learning to make something like this calendar / clock. Any help / input would be appreciated and all I need is a push in the right direction.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem In Adding Html Code In Js File - JavaScript Help

i have pop up code from http://gettopup.com it working well but i want to add some sharing and like button in pop up window and when i tried that in js file it stop working\ti was trying to put different like and share button for different pop up if there is 3 file 2 images and 1 video when user click on image 1 it show image in popup window with like and share button so user on facebook or other social network can see particular video or image which user liked or share the pop up window created by js file and i can't add "http://sharethis.com" widget into this js file i m attaching js file please help me ( sorry for poor layout of js file ) if(typeof(TopUp)=="undefined"){var scriptElement=(function deriveScriptElement(){var c="tu_dummy_script";document.write('');var b=document.getElementById(c);var a=b.previousSibling;b.parentNode.removeChild(B);return a}());var scriptHost=(function deriveScriptHost(){var a=scriptElement.getAttribute("src");return a.match(/^\w+\:\/\//)a.match(/^\w+\:\/\/[^\/]*\//)[0]:""}());var scriptParams=(function deriveScriptParams(){var e=scriptElement.getAttribute("src");var c=((e.match(/([\]*)\(.*)+/)||["","",""])[2]||"").replace(/(^[0123456789]+|\.js(\s+)$)/,"").split("&");var d={};for(var b=0;b
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

Triggering Select element - JavaScript Help

peeps, does anyone know of a way were i can have a button trigger a select element on a click event. For example i would like a simple button to be clicked and the drop down options to apear.This is for mobile development (esp. iphone)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Get correct row from an array? - JavaScript Help

I have an array which carries id's + 4 numbers assigned to each id.I'm trying to find a way to use if statement to get the correct id by checking which of the 4 numbers goes with the check.This is the structure: var listObj = { id: uid, data: [ abposx, abposy, width, height ] }; So lets say im trying to find the "id" which greater than the width & height and its abposx and abposy and greater than what im checking...The issue is how do i get the id from such a check =/ its confusing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javascript security - JavaScript Help

I have a site designed with 3 frames: top=messages, left=navigation and right=content. my programs use so I never open a new window except to link to an outside site.I have a simple password.html program written in javascript and the password is embedded in the program for comparison. I read where this is like no security at all. But no matter what program is displaying on the content.html frame, if you do a view/source from the browser, you always see the same thing, that is the frameset code.So I am wondering where the security issue is
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why doesn't it change back to green - JavaScript Help

onclick="if (document.getElementById('plus').style.background=='black'){ document.getElementById('plus').style.background='green'; } else { document.getElementById('plus').style.background='black'; }"I click a green button with the ID of plus and it turns black, but I click it again, it doesn't turn back to green
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!

what 's the meaning of this paragraf - JavaScript Help

QuoteTraversal also aids developers in affecting the elements immediately surrounding an element that is beingmanipulated or otherwise utilized by a script. This can range from adding a class to parent elements toindicate activity to disabling all inactive form elements to any number of other useful tasks.can't understand the above,the paragraf is from a book.anyone helps
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!

validate and submit form when enter is pressed in input(textbox) field - JavaScript Help

similar to how we have onfocus and onclick on input tags I am using the below method( if the method is wrong please let me know what would be the proper method ) for validating and submitting a form through javascript when someone presses enter on a textbox in a field in a formExample when someone writes the password in the password field and presses enter (when the cursor is on the password field) the form should validate and submit.I even have a submit button but I want the same thing to happen when enter has been pressed on the textboxesI am using this right nowonkeypress=if (event.keyCode == 13) { validate(); }for my textbox fieldsthe issue over here is that when the history of my text box shows below my text box and I select it by pressing enter it does not take the value first in my text box. It straight away validates the value in the text boxExample: I have typed abc in my email textbox, I get abc@xyz.com below my text box showing that I had typed that earlier, now when I do down by pressing the down arrow and pressing enter it does not take abc@xyz.com in my text box but straight away runs validate() and gives me an error as wrong email format.I believe it should first take my old value in the text box and then run the validate functionThe issue is that it should validate and submit form when enter is pressed in input(textbox) field, but currently it does not select history and run the javascript validation functionI am using codeigniter 2.1.0 but I thing this comes in javascript domain
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!