number validation

i want a javascript which will check that the 1st and 4th entered no. should not be '0' or '1'.i have this script.

function isValidPattern_Digits(str) { var regEx = new RegExp("[^0-9]","ig"); return !regEx.test(str); } if(phone == '' || !isValidPattern_Digits(phone)) { alert("You have to input your phone number and it must have digits only."); document.frmRegistration.txtPhone.focus(); return false; }

Mod edit - Added code tags.
Posted On: Monday 24th of December 2012 12:24:01 AM Total Views:  137
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF JavaScript PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

JavaScipt Validation Issue

I have a very large site so I am not going to paste in the code. I will attached the code in the files. I keep getting a error message in my validation summary about my security questions not being answered. When I answer them correctly the message still comes up that I have not answered my security questions. What would someone suggest. Attached File(s) security.txt (6.24K) Number of downloads: 82 validation.txt (7.31K) Number of downloads: 98
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Doesn't Read lastChild

When I test my page in Chrome, the Javascript Console tells me that it can't read the property lastChild of null. (line marked with "//error on this line") function openXML(file) { if(window.XMLHttpRequest) var xhttp = new XMLHttpRequest(); else if(window.ActiveXObject) xhttp = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); else { alert("Your browser does not support XMLHttpRequest. Click 'OK' to go back."); window.location = document.referrer; } xhttp.open("GET", file, 0); xhttp.send(0); return xhttp.responseXML; } function chldElmnts(prnt) { var chld = _1stChldElmnt(prnt); if(!chld) return 0; var cnt = 1; while(chld = nxtSibElmnt(chld)) cnt ++; return cnt; } function _1stChldElmnt(prnt) { var chld = prnt.firstChild; if(!chld) return 0; while(chld.nodeType != 1) { if(chld == prnt.lastChild) return 0; chld = chld.nextSibling; } return chld; } function nxtSibElmnt(sib) { var lstSib = sib.parent.lastChild; //error on this line if(sib == lstSib) return 0; sib = sib.nextSibling; while(sib.nodeType != 1) { if(sib == lstSib) return 0; sib = sib.nextSibling; } return sib; } //code var food = openXML("food.xml"); var cat1 = chldElmnts(food.documentElement); I've added alerts. They've helped me to figure this out. prnt == food.documentElement chld == prnt.firstChild //food.documentElement.firstChild sib == chld //food.documentElement.firstChild sib.parent should be food.documentElement sib.parent == null the only element that doesn't have a parent is documentElement \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Loading images in a sequence.

Is it possible to load images or IFrames in a sequence with javascript first third second
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

DOM

I'm experiencing some strange issues using the DOM with JS. Let's say this is my HTML source: This is a paragraph. And here is the one line of code in my external JS file: window.alert(document.documentElement.lastChild.tagName); This should show BODY in the alert box, shouldn't it It doesn't, it shows HEAD (in FF 3, IE 7 & Safari 3) and I really have NO (!) idea why it is doing that. Let me show you another example of why it's driving me insane.. window.alert(document.documentElement.lastChild.firstChild.tagName); Should show P, no It doesn't. FF 3: undefined, IE 7: TITLE, Safari 3: undefined. Again, the question is: Why!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

onsubmit called even when cancel button hit in onbeforeunload

I have a script that detects form changes and, if detected, fires off a return value for the pages onbeforeunload event to show a dialog to the user confirming that they really want to leave the page (this project is ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

Dynamic gallery indexing

Guys, I'm struggeling with an idea of mine and hope there's someone here who can help me. My idea: A small gallery package, consisting of as few files as possible (html, css, javascript) that can read the /images folder in the same folder, and output those files to the html so it can be viewed in a gallery. What I've got I've found a minimalistic gallery with just the basics: an index.html, a style.css and an /images folder I also searched for methods in JS to index files. The problems the index methods I found for JS all work with ActiveX, a script that needs to be allowed to run by the users. That and I can't figure out how to pass the indexed photos to the html so it can make a fancy gallery for me. So, I'm looking for: 1. a method in javascript or easy alternative (can it be done in html5) for the retrieval of photos and indexing them 2. a way to get that index in the html so it can order and place them on a nice grid I've searched the internet and these boards but couldn't find anything useful yet. And I must say I'm not a skilled developer, I just started learning. So the answer could be very simple but I just haven't learned it yet. Either way I hope someone can brainstorm and give me some pointers as to how I can achieve my goal.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

Transform smart quotes in straight quotes

I'm trying to generate a JSON file with the JSON.Stringify, but, the quotes that are generated by my code o are not compliant with the json format. It's generating smart quotes to the left like (object:pair) instead of ("object":"pair") Does anybody knows how to solve this I've searched dozens of articles but none was clear or worked So far I've tried this pieces of code //myObject is a string myObject = myObject.replace('','\u0022'); myObject = myObject.replace('','\u0022'); myObject = myObject.replace('','\"'); myObject = myObject.replace('','\"'); myObject = myObject.replace('','"'); myObject = myObject.replace('','"'); myObject = myObject.replace('\u201C', '\u0022'); myObject = myObject.replace('\u201D', '\u0022'); But none seems to work Glad for all the help I can have on this , Troy. Believe me when I say it does! ;)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to load alexa graphs with javascript

my java scripting is week ..... so i want to ask that i have alexa traffic graphs links and i want to Load them with javascript when use click dee tab ( see image) so how to do that . http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g453/darkc99/sss.png
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

onclick trouble

hey I'm just having some trdouble with an onclick call. its being called before it iss. not really sure whats wrong with it. im also passing it in a function with arg so that the value i is assigned to it for the loop. i tried it without it and it just got assigned the greatest i value function displaySearch(xmlhttp){ var divTable = document.getElementById('table') divTable.innerHTML = "CourseNumberTut/Grp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

jquery problem

hi i have a problem i am searching for it but couldnt find that code right.can any one fix it.i want to change my text field colour to red while it is left empty or doesnt specify the condition applied on this...here is my code below $(document).ready(function(){ $("#register").validate({ rules:{ name:{ required: true, minlength: 6, }, email:{ required: true, email: true, }, password:{ required: true, minlength: 6, }, } }); }); label { width: 150px; display: inline-block; } Name Email Password
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can I make this thing work?

i need to make this work like it is supposed to pop out a message box containing the answer when i click a cell... oh and i need to have a super randomized background that relies on Math.ceil(Math.random())... *how the hell would i know how to do this i'm just a beginner... body { margin-left: 20%; margin-right: 20%; } h1 { font-family: jokerman; text-align: center; } td { border-style: outset; border-width: 5px; border-color: gray; font-family: courier new; } td:hover { border-style: inset; color:red; } Multiplication Table mess = "Please enter the number of rows ." do { x = window.prompt(mess); x = parseInt(x); mess = mess + "\nInvalid entry. Please try again." } while (x10) mess2 = "Please enter the number of columns ." do { y = window.prompt(mess2); y = parseInt(y); mess2 = mess2 + "\nInvalid entry. Please try again." } while (y10) document.write(""); for (i=1; i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is there any function which search number from string?

, I am working on form validation, i want to validate "Name" input field value . I want that in "Name" input field no number can be input. Is there any function which search number/s from string \t i.e if user inputs any number in that field with string i can display error message(Name can't be alpha numeric). I will highly appreciate if anyone solve that problem ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

List Selection Problem

Hi Folks, i have created one list of years and months .. inserting that into the database...if i want to edit ...it is selecting the check box but problem is i have to scroll down forwhere it is selected...wherei want to autoscroll for that. please find the attachment...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tech help pls

hello how to purform javascript inner html loading it is possible example
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to use escape and unescape

I don't know if this is your problem, but be nice to your browser -- quote your attribute properties. I'm thinking it should look more like this... Question: So what is this +s+ following the name attribute and in the showMAName function arguments If it's supposed to be a javascript variable, is this line supposed to be being written with a javascript write() because that piece of information sure would come in handy to solving your problem If it's not a javascript variable then what is it exactly And if it is a javascript variable but not generated with a javascript write() then your html element is not getting that data. If you clarify your situation I will try to help you more Otherwise escape() and unescape() work as prescribed. :-)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Two Submit Buttons -- One PHP Destination

Ok, I know this has to be simple. My Javascript skills are very weak (will become obvious in the code.) What I'm trying to do is use two Submit buttons in a form. The called function I want to send one named variable if one Submit is clicked and another named variable if the other button is clicked. The examples I've seen make it simple -- just use two destination PHP files. But isn't it possible to send just post ONE (the name connected to the button clicked) to the PHP file to use I know the PHP has to be set up, ready to Post whatever comes it's way (using variable would be really neat but can't transfer a JS variable to PHP file I guess). What happens below is that no matter WHICH button is pushed, both seem to be sent. function decide_action() { x = document.pressed if (x == "First") { myname =document.forms['frm1'].elements['firstname'].value; document.frm1.action ="two.php"; } else if (x == "Last") { myname=document.forms['frm1'].elements['lastname'].value; document.frm1.action ="two.php"; } } CAN this work
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Parent Links shift downwards on popping up a new container

Hi People. I'm a newbie to javascript. I have a small issue. I have a table where I have 5 columns.. I mean 5 In each there are 7 links. When I click a link, a container is popped up... Its hidden at first, Now inside the container there is some content and a Close link to close the container. Different links pop up different sized containers with the respective data... I managed to get it working. But the problem is when I click on say first link, the container does get displayed but the links below, get shifted downwards so as the new container gets adjusted. Its like, say if i have these links: Character Design Animation Layout Design Now when I click on Character Design link, the container will get displayed, but the below 2 links, Animation and Layout Design will move downwards. What I wanted was, all parent links to remain fixed. The new popped up container should get displayed on top of others. I guess this can be achieved throught some z-index property of CSS, I've tried it but still the below links shift downward when I click a particular parent link. Is there any way to fix this...\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Ajax with servlet and jsp

every body>> ^_^ I want your help, I have done code that retrive data from the databse and the user can add data in the database , I want to do validition for student ID, if its in the datase before (if its valid before or not) I need to use AJAX to do that, I wrote the whole code for the servlet and jsp and it work good, now I need to add the code for AJAX but I don't know where to add it and what to write. when I search I see code but I don't know where is the good place for that code to be added , please I need your help quickly, Please If you have code that can work good with my code please add it. This is servlet code: @WebServlet(name = "Quiz", urlPatterns = {"/Quiz"}) public class Quiz extends HttpServlet { protected void processRequest(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException, ClassNotFoundException, InstantiationException, SQLException { response.setContentType("text/html;charset=UTF-8"); PrintWriter out = response.getWriter(); try { String StudentID = request.getParameter("StudentID"); String StudentName = (String) request.getParameter("Studentname"); String CourseID = (String) request.getParameter("CourseID"); String CourseName = (String) request.getParameter("Coursename"); String Tmarks = (String) request.getParameter("totalMarks"); //Connect to Database Connection con = null; Statement stmt = null; String databaseURL = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/user"; String driverName = "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"; String user = "root"; String password = ""; try { Class.forName(driverName).newInstance(); con = (Connection) DriverManager.getConnection(databaseURL, user, password); stmt = (Statement) con.createStatement(); } catch (Exception e) { System.out.println("ERROR Connecting to DB: " + e); return; } //Insert data String insertStmt = "insert into quiz values (" + "'" + StudentID + "', " + "'" + StudentName + "', " + "'" + CourseID + "', " + "'" + CourseName + "'," + "'" + Tmarks + "'" + ")"; try { stmt.executeUpdate(insertStmt); RequestDispatcher dispatcher = getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/Inserted.jsp"); dispatcher.forward(request, response); } catch (Exception e) { stmt.executeUpdate(insertStmt); RequestDispatcher dispatcher = getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/ErrorDB.jsp"); dispatcher.forward(request, response); System.out.println("ERROR: Insert into DB: " + e); return; } //Close database stmt.close(); con.close(); out.println(""); out.println(""); out.println("Servlet Quiz"); out.println(""); out.println(""); // out.println("Servlet Quiz at " + request.getContextPath() + ""); out.println(""); out.println(""); } finally { out.close(); } } This is JSP code: JSP Page Student Grade information Student ID Student Name Course ID Course Name Total Mark        Display table of student information home page
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Calling AJAX...

, I need some help actually using the ajax I've got, and defining the url in the ajax [if that makes sense] I've been trying to do it but It's not working atall and I wondered if someone could actualy show me in the code how to go about defining and using the certain parts. The Ajax: function loadurl(ajax) { var ajax = false; // Create the object: // Choose the objecttype, depending on what is supported: if (window.XMLHttpRequest) { // IE 7, Mozilla, Safari, Firefox, Opera, most browsers: ajax = new XMLHttpRequest(); } else if (window.ActiveXObject) { // Old IE-browsers // Make the type Msxml2.XMLHTTP, if possible: try { ajax = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); } catch (e1) { // Else use the other type: try { ajax = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); } catch (e2) { } } } // Retrieving the data from the page if (ajax) { alert("url:generate.php" + url); ajax.open('GET', url); // Sends request ajax.send(null); // Function that handles response ajax.onreadystatechange=function(){ // If everything is OK: if ( (ajax.readyState == 4) && (ajax.status == 200) ) { // Returns the value to the document alert(ajax.responseText); } } } else { // AJAX is not useable alert('It is not possible to connect, please update your browser.'); } } The PHP: The part where I'm trying to bring it together: Untitled Document Click Here I've tried to call the js file in the header. But can someone please just point out which bits need calling where. I'm defining ajax, but I'm not sure where to actualy call it [use it] and I'm trying to use the url, but dont know where to define it. Anyone kind enough as to show me how to do this I have 90% of it done, but putting it together is driving me mad!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Minor problem/question with hide/reveal content javascript

Hi. In lack of better examples, Ive found this javascript example which shows and hides content in a sliding way. Exactly what need. You can see the example here: http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.htmlwhichScript=show_hide_content_slide And the demo here: http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/show-hide-content-slide/show-hide-content-slide.html Problem is, because of my text and image layout, I want the hide/reveal text to be in a dedicated cell. But this example (and all the other examples Ive found) only works when its in the same cell. How do i fix this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javascript -- tutorials and exercises

I was wondering if someone could point me to some good online tutorials and exercises. I most importantly would like a site with some exercises to help me learn further. I have a book called "JavaScript in 24 hours" and I have to admit, this book is terrible. It teaches you the VERY VERY basics of the language.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to keep same tab highlighting?

how to keep same tab highlighting after refreshing the page(page is refreshed after the paging link clicked.) /**this is for tab highliting*/ $(document).ready(function(){ var str=location.href.toLowerCase(); $(".navigation li a").each(function() { if (str.indexOf(this.href.toLowerCase()) > -1 ) { $("li.highlight").removeClass("highlight"); $(this).parent().addClass("highlight"); } }); }) /**this is for paging highliting*/ $(document).ready(function(){ var str=location.href.toLowerCase(); $(".paging li a").each(function() { if (str.indexOf(this.href.toLowerCase()) > -1 ) { $("li.highlight").removeClass("highlight"); // i need codes here to addclass "highlight" previously selected tab after page was refreshed $("li.hp").removeClass("hp"); $(this).parent().addClass("hp"); } }); })
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

error in js

hi i have this code $(document).ready(function(){ $.ajax({ dataType: 'json', url: "chart.php", success: function(json){ var msg = []; for (i = 0; i < 2; i++) { $msg[i] = parseFloat(eval('json[' + i + '].valor(' + i + '+1)')); i++; } } }); }); and i am trying to access chartTwo.setTheme(davidwalsh.charting.themes.SitePen).addPlot("default", { type: "Pie", font: "normal normal 11pt Tahoma", fontColor: "black", labelOffset: -30, radius: 80 }).addSeries("Series A", [{ y: $msg[0], //problem text: "Red", stroke: "black", tooltip: $msg[0]//problem }, { y: $msg[1],//problem text: "Green", stroke: "black", tooltip: $msg[1]//problem }, { y: $msg[2],//problem text: "Blue", stroke: "black", tooltip: $msg[2]//problem }, ]); and i get this error $msg is not defined $msg[i] = ...son[' + i + '].valor(' + i + '+1)')); $msg is not defined y: $msg[0], any idea if i try with $msg1 = parseFloat(json[0].valor1); and y: $msg1, //solved
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

onclick and links

So here's my situation, I am using a css styled div as my form submit button. I'm using onclick to submit it which is working all fine and dandy except for one thing, when you hover over it it doesn't make the little hand to show it's a link (it looks like a button so people should know anyway but I'd still like the hand) so I tried adding just a blank but then it stops the form from being submitted. I try adding the onclick to the but it still doesn't work. Is there a way to use the tag to submit my form so the cursor will still display the hand showing that it's a link Here's my code... Login This post has been edited by CodeVillain: 05 September 2010 - 03:10 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Displaying Javascript if enabled?

I have a javascript menu that I would like to embed only if javascript is enabled, otherwise I want a simpler CSS menu to be shown. Unfortunately, I really have no idea how to write this. Here is what I have: Home When I display this, the Javascript never gets called. The something() and other() are located in menu.js. If anybody can help I'd really appreciate it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Rand number doesn't change

I'm intermediate at PHP but new to AJAX. Please tell me what I"m doing wrong. I am trying to make a simple page that gives a random number every time you click. Instead, I get the same number over and over. I guess you have to timestamp the GET file, but I don't know how function loadXMLDoc() { if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {// code for IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari xmlhttp=new XMLHttpRequest(); } else {// code for IE6, IE5 xmlhttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); } xmlhttp.onreadystatechange=function() { if (xmlhttp.readyState==4 && xmlhttp.status==200) { document.getElementById("myDiv").innerHTML=xmlhttp.responseText; } } xmlhttp.open("GET","random.php",true); xmlhttp.send(); } Random Number Here Change Content And the PHP file:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

saving cropped image

Here is the code for preview of cropped image. but i want how to save that cropped image. function onendCrop( coords, dimensions ) { $( 'x1' ).value = coords.x1; $( 'y1' ).value = coords.y1; $( 'x2' ).value = coords.x2; $( 'y2' ).value = coords.y2; $( 'width' ).value = dimensions.width; $( 'height' ).value = dimensions.height; } // example with a preview of crop results, must have minimumm dimensions Event.observe( window, 'load', function() { new Cropper.ImgWithPreview( 'testImage', { minWidth: 200, minHeight: 120, ratioDim: { x: 200, y: 120 }, displayOnInit: true, onendCrop: onendCrop, previewWrap: 'previewArea' } ) } ); /* if( typeof(dump) != 'function' ) { Debug.init(true, '/'); function dump( msg ) { // Debug.raise( msg ); }; } else dump( '---------------------------------------\n' ); */ label { clear: left; margin-left: 50px; float: left; width: 5em; } #testWrap { width: 500px; float: left; margin: 20px 0 0 50px; /* Just while testing, to make sure we return the correct positions for the image & not the window */ } #previewArea { margin: 20px; 0 0 20px; float: left; } #results { clear: both; } x1: y1: x2: y2: width: height Thanking you Attached File(s) PreviewCroppedImage_1_.txt (3.18K) Number of downloads: 43
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with javascript error

hi , i'm trying to write an character converter using php and ajax. i'm getting a really anoing error(uncaught TypeError). can someone help me with this.:: , i've added screenshot of the error. and this is the xml i'm trying to read generated with php thanx in advance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Lenght undefined

I am trying to verify form input for length(before that I would like to trim it) How can I do that for user
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

jquery not working in IE6

, I am having a few problems with my website http://antobbo.webspace.virginmedia.com/photography/testing/home.htm in IE6. Now, I don't want to waste too much time on this, as in I don't want ti to be perfect but I just want it to be looking decent in IE6. I created a separate css for IE6 called ie6-and-down.css and few things work but others really don't. The problems I am having are: with the homepage; the box with the slideshow doesn't work as in the picture doesn't change and the box overlaps everything else in the background. I also have a kind of nested frame which somehow breaks in IE6. this is the relevant bit referring to the homepage slideshow in the ie6 css: /* PICTURE BOX HOMEPAGE*/ .picture_box_home { clear:both; /* need to add this to make sure the navigation doesn't overlap it. Strangely, this doesn't happen in IE*/ /*background-color:red;*/ border:7px solid #7d003a; width:618px; min-height:415px; margin:1px auto; } .in_pic { border:4px solid white; width:610px; min-height:407px; margin:0 auto; } .in_pic1 { border:4px solid #7d003a; width:602px; min-height:399px; margin:0 auto; /*background: #000000 url(../images/test1.jpg) no-repeat;*/ } .slideshow { width:602px; min-height:399px; margin:0 auto; } /*END OF HOMEPAGE */ slightly different from the bit I use for the rest of the browsers: /* PICTURE BOX*/ .picture_box_home { clear:both; /* need to add this to make sure the navigation doesn't overlap it. Strangely, this doesn't happen in IE*/ /*background-color:red;*/ border:7px solid #7d003a; width:618px; min-height:415px; margin:10px auto; position:relative; /*background: #000000 url(../images/test1.jpg) no-repeat;*/ } .in_pic { border:4px solid white; width:610px; min-height:407px; margin:0 auto; position:absolute; } .in_pic1 { border:4px solid #7d003a; width:602px; min-height:399px; margin:0 auto; position:absolute; /*background: #000000 url(../images/test1.jpg) no-repeat;*/ } .slideshow { width:602px; min-height:399px; margin:0 auto; position:absolute; } I am really at loss on how to get this to work in IE6. As you can see I tried to remove few things - which is why the css for IE6 is different - like the position:absolute; but no joy. The second problem is with the pages with the pictures page, say this: http://antobbo.webspace.virginmedia.com/photography/testing/animal.htm the script in IE6 doesn't work, the pictures don't change, and again, I have absolutely no idea why that doesn't work. The curious thing is though that if I check the local copy of this website which I have on my machine with IE6 the script works, the pictures change fine, but when I check the live site it doesn't work... Does anybody have any suggestion at all
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Convert this excel formual

I am trying to convert this excel bsed formula into java - Very new to this and trying to grasp it all. Any help would be appreciated... =B3*(C4/(1-(1+C4)^-B5)) It is a mortgage payment script and I am having a hrd time getting it to work as a java script.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

need file upload by clicking a link instead of button

hi, I need an way to upload a file by clicking a link instead of button(). This feature has been newly added to GMail, to attached a file we need to click a link. Any ideas or code of how this can be done are needed.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

trying to change a background image for different devices - JavaScript Help

Trying to use a different sized image when a user comes in from an iphone instead of a regular computer screen. Have a secondary image uploaded, have the ability to check the screen size, and have a function call in my body tag's onload event. BUT - I'm getting the message "object doesn't support this property or method" when the js code executes. The offending line is: document.getElementByID('div_img').style.backgroundImage ='url(images/SunriseatThacher_IMG_3113_300x460.jpg)'; I've read everything I can find on the net and I dont' see what is wrong. I've tried different combos of quotes on the url portion and they didn't make a difference. The id name is correct - matches the div that I'm trying to alter. I think my capitalization is correct.Anyone
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

need help writing javascript code for assignment

I need to create a web page named border1.htm{ that contains an image without a border. When the mouse goes over the image, the border should be set to 1 causing a line to appear around edges of the image, when mouse leaves image, the border is reassigned back to 0. How do I write the javascript for this operation
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

Need prompt when selection is made- new to Javascript

I need to make a prompt appear when the user chooses "other value" from a selection list. So far, I can only make this happen when the page loads, but not after the investment menu option "other value" is chosen. I also need to add an event handler that calls the calculate_click function for the onchange event of the investment control, therefore recalculating each time the amount is changed. I think I can figure that part out, but I'll take all the help I can get! Here's the xhtml: Future Value Calculator @import url("future_value.css"); Future Value Calculator Monthly Interest Yearly Interest Enter the values below and click "Calculate". One-Time Investment:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Javascript Tester For Entire Website

I have two very large websites that need to be tested for Javascript errors. I was hoping there was a program that could crawl an entire website and test each page but I am not finding it with a Google search. Is there one out there If not then would this be possible to make in a firefox addon somehow using the error console to detect issues
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ Topic - How do I access a property of an object using a string? (2008-03-24)

----------------------------------------------------------------------- FAQ Topic - How do I access a property of an object using a string ----------------------------------------------------------------------- There are two ways to access properties: the dot notation and the square bracket notation. What you are looking for is the square ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 30th November 2012
View Replies!

Instant validation problem

Hi Guys, i hope one of you are able to help with my problem. I'm a novice when it comes to Javascript, but i'm trying to write a script that performs instant validation on a signup page (ajax style!) Basically, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Manipulate set of data vs. performance

supposed given: var o = aDiv.childNodes, and there are about 1000 img objects + other types of objects in o; the img object has id, position, size. what to do: Each of those img object has to be modified ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Prevent remembering scrollLeft after page reload

I have a div in which I set scrollLeft on click event. The problem is browser in some way remebers its value after page reloading (pressing F5). Is there any way to prevent it code:

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Change of Page Title when using location.href

I have used the line location.href ="#top" to point the page to the top position where i added some text Its working Correctly in both Fire fox and IE.. But in IE it does an extra thing that ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Button Question

Hi...I'm trying to extract some information from the following website http://www.weeklyhomebuyerslist.com/ I can successfully select all of the options, but I can't figure out how to click on the "Search" button.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why doesn't this page work with Firefox?

******** begin *** Itech Consulting Services Limited