How to limit an object in simple iframe banner rotation to only be shown once - JavaScript Help

I have a simple banner rotation in an iframe that rotates several ads.
What I need to do is have the ability to have some of the objects only load once in the rotation while allowing others to be loaded continuously. Is there a statement I can add to the script to do this Perhaps I need to set up an array in order to add the extra arguments
Here's how the script looks:

Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 12:39:31 AM Total Views:  303
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF JavaScript PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

// Comments kill Java Script

The following code is part of 300 lines of Java and 700 lines of perl code. If I remove the lines starting with // then the code works OK. If I include the // lines then ALL Java functions fail to work. You might also say what is wrong with the //comment out code as well but I thought that lines start // are comments only so they should not stop the code from working\t function NamePress() { var BrName = document.getElementById('Name').value; var BrLen = BrName.length; var i; var LetterVal; var List; var Count; var Amount; for( i=0; i 8 ) { document.getElementById("idname").style.visibility = "visible"; } else { document.getElementById("idname").style.visibility = "hidden"; } } This code comes from Susanscreations.co.nz and is code to sell name bracelets. I need to count the letters choosen to see if we have the letters in stock. The page is where the user selects what they want on the name bractlet.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

Add two numbers using .js file

I know this is probable a easy one for most of you...But this is my first Javascript. I am trying to write a code that will add two numbers entered by a user and calculate the sum. When I wrote the code inside the HTML it worked fine. But I have to use a .js file and call the function from there. And now my code does not work. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Here is the numbers.js file function addNumbers() { var val1 = parseInt(document.getElementById("value1").value); var val2 = parseInt(document.getElementById("value2").value); var ansD = document.getElementById("answer"); ansD.value = val1 + val2; } ANd here is the HTML java3.html file Input tutorial
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

How to pass more than one variable in url using javascripts?

Experts, I am developing application in which i use ajax.but i need to pass more than one variable to url for further processing. I can't use var url="availabilitycheck.phpt="+value //it works var url="availabilitycheck.phpt="+value+"&hid="+hd1+"&chkin="+chkin; //not valid How can i send other variables.\t I tried using session that works but it does not work when i integrated it to joomla. So is there any way to pass more variable in url as querystring
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

error div

hai everybody am new to jsp am using following code to check the value entered in text box with some maximum value. if it's greater then the maximum value i need to display error div instead of alert box.please help me. var max=document.getElementById("max"); if(max.value !=" " && max.value !=null && max.value !="") { if( val >= max1 ) { alert("max1"); } } Thank you.....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Zero

please help me with this.. ---how to put that in every level there will be limit in clicking the box..it will be display and will prompt game over when limit has been ended...the easy level will have less click while the difficult one will have more click.. ---and when you click one button it will decrement all the number in this side..not only in cross side... here's the code..thanks in advance :D body { background-color: #EEEEEE; color: black } a { font-weight: bold } a:link { background-color: #EEEEEE; color: blue } a:visited { background-color: #EEEEEE; color: blue } a:active { background-color: #EEEEEE; color: blue } a:hover { background-color: white; color: maroon} input { font-family: monospace; font-size: 24px; border-left: 10px; border-right: 10px; border-color: silver; border-style: double } var Size = new Number(6); var Moves = new Array(); function NewGame() { for(i = 0; i < Size * Size; document.forms[0].elements[i++].value = 0); for(i = 0; i < 3 + 3 * document.forms[0].Difficulty.selectedIndex; i++) NewValue(Math.floor(Math.random() * Size),Math.floor(Math.random() * Size),1); Moves.length = document.forms[0].Score.value = 0; } function TakeBack(flag) { while(flag-- && (i = Moves.pop())) NewValue(parseInt(i.split("-")[0]),parseInt(i.split("-")[1]),1); document.forms[0].Score.value = Moves.length; } function Clicked(x,y) { NewValue(x,y,3); document.forms[0].Score.value = Moves.push(x + "-" + y); for(i = 0; i < Size * Size; i++) if(parseInt(document.forms[0].elements[i].value)) return; alert((Moves.length = 0 && x < Size && y >= 0 && y < Size) with(document.forms[0].elements[x + Size * y]) value = (parseInt(value) + c) & 3; } New - Restart - Undo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Add blank spaces in a string after 4 digits..

i want to know is there any inbuild function to add spaces in javascript after particular interval..!! there is string '00009999' i want to add blank space 0000 9999 after every 4 digits.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Grrr... #$!@& hopping page!

Hi ! I found a simple star-rating system based on mootools, dhtml and css. It seems to work fine with one exception that I just can't seem to figure out. You set it up as in the following: Notice the href='#' - when you click on a star the URL gets rewritten and a # gets appended to it... which is no problem if the stars are above the scroll point (which the top 3 are) but if you have scrolled down to the 4th + rating and click a star the page "refreshes" or "hops" and you are taken back to the top. To see this click here and then scroll down to the "Number of People" rating and click one of the stars. Obviously the original designer is using the link to create a simple "onclick()" event so that he can change/set the star clicked on from the yellow "hoover star" to a "permanent green star" but the # thing... well, thats just GOTTA go! Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions I'll share what ever code needs to be shared.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

google ajax search api ( youtube videoBar)

, I want to put youtube video bar in my website... and i already found the way to do it. Using google ajax search api. Google already provide the wizard to generate the code. http://www.google.com/uds/solutions/wizards/videobar.html The problem is, by default it shows only 4 videos for horizontal view. I am really having trouble to increase the video number.Can anyone suggest me any alternatives or some modifications. code snippet Loading... @import url("http://www.google.com/uds/css/gsearch.css"); window._uds_vbw_donotrepair = true; @import url("http://www.google.com/uds/solutions/videobar/gsvideobar.css"); .playerInnerBox_gsvb .player_gsvb { width : 320px; height : 260px; } function LoadVideoBar() { var videoBar; var options = { largeResultSet : !true, horizontal : true, autoExecuteList : { cycleTime : GSvideoBar.CYCLE_TIME_MEDIUM, cycleMode : GSvideoBar.CYCLE_MODE_LINEAR, executeList : ["ytfeed:most_viewed.this_week"] } } videoBar = new GSvideoBar(document.getElementById("videoBar-bar"), GSvideoBar.PLAYER_ROOT_FLOATING, options); } // arrange for this function to be called during body.onload // event processing GSearch.setOnLoadCallback(LoadVideoBar); , i found out that this lines of code is very useful var options = { largeResultSet : true, horizontal: true, i changed it to var options = { largeResultSet : false, horizontal: true, now i can have 8 videos huhu.., Gents hi, I am interested in adding a youtube facility to a website I am building, where users can search youtube from thier profile and have the videos played via the youtube player. can you point me in the right direction for an information regarding this, regards lloyd
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javascript, AJAX and strange execution ordering

all. Got a slightly strange problem, which might be a little dificult to explain. I have some AJAX code which uses javascript to call a php file that queries a database and returns data. Basically I have a problem with the order that things get executed once they are returned by the server. I have a function that makes the AJAX request and uses the xmlHttpRequestObjects handleReadyStatechange to call another function that handles the response. The problem is that the response handling function doesnt get called until the first function has completely finished execution. I was hoping to use this like you would a normal function call (i.e. the function making the call will wait at the point it makes the call until the called function has completed) however this isnt working. I even tried throwing in some busy waiting loops incase it was a time delay but this doesnt help. sorry i know its a bit hard to read, its just a bit tricky to explain.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

GetXmlHttpObject() for multiple objects

, I need to create several xmlHttp objects, but I only want to have one GetXmlHttpObject() function, so that I don't have to repeat for each object. Below code is definitely wrong because... how do I return the needed object from the GetXmlHttpObject() function Really appreciate, M var xmlHttp1 var xmlHttp2 var xmlHttp3 function showCustomer(str) { xmlHttp1=GetXmlHttpObject(); xmlHttp2=GetXmlHttpObject(); xmlHttp3=GetXmlHttpObject(); if (xmlHttp==null) { alert ("Your browser does not support AJAX!"); return; } var url1="getcustomer1.asp"; url1=url1+"q="+str; url1=url1+"&sid="+Math.random(); var url2="getcustomer2.asp"; url2=url2+"q="+str; url2=url+"&sid="+Math.random(); var url3="getcustomer3.asp"; url3=url3+"q="+str; url3=url3+"&sid="+Math.random(); xmlHttp1.onreadystatechange=stateChanged; xmlHttp1.open("GET",url,true); xmlHttp1.send(null); xmlHttp2.onreadystatechange=stateChanged; xmlHttp2.open("GET",url,true); xmlHttp2.send(null); xmlHttp3.onreadystatechange=stateChanged; xmlHttp3.open("GET",url,true); xmlHttp3.send(null); } function stateChanged() { if (xmlHttp1.readyState==4 || xmlHttp2.readyState==4 || xmlHttp3.readyState==4) { document.getElementById("txtHint1").innerHTML=xmlHttp1.responseText; document.getElementById("txtHint2").innerHTML=xmlHttp2.responseText; document.getElementById("txtHint3").innerHTML=xmlHttp3.responseText; } } function GetXmlHttpObject() { var xmlHttp1=null; var xmlHttp2=null; var xmlHttp3=null; try { // Firefox, Opera 8.0+, Safari xmlHttp1=new XMLHttpRequest(); xmlHttp2=new XMLHttpRequest(); xmlHttp3=new XMLHttpRequest(); } catch (e) { // Internet Explorer try { xmlHttp1=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); xmlHttp2=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); xmlHttp3=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); } catch (e) { xmlHttp1=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); xmlHttp2=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); xmlHttp3=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); } } return xmlHttp; }, In concept ... By using a javascript-class approach, rather than a procedural approach you can instantiate multiple object instances of the class ... or you could simply reuse the same object-instance by passing different request-strings and even target (server-side-script) actions to the object. I'm uploading my latest ajax class for you to play with ... it seems to be working but there may still be some bugs in it that I haven't found yet -- no promises. Cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

'null' is null or not an object

Hi , When i tried to execute my ASP.Net Application, I got the Runtime error in IE " 'null' is null or not an object ". Im using Visual Studio.Net 2005 and using some Ajax Controls in my application. If i click some Events, it shows the above message. Please help me to do .... Very thankful to you ....., that code proves is that null is not equal to the empty string. The value of the 'email' field will not be initialized to null, it'll be initialized to "". However -- and it would be quite annoying otherwise -- null certainly compares to null. Null also compares to undefined: ( undefined == null ) is always true. This is a rather old thread aswel ( it's been 10 months ). I imagine that the original poster has fixed the problem, by now., Well, yeah. ( undefined == null ) only works via type coercion. IMO, more useful ( and pleasant reading ) than either is to coerce straight to boolean; if( x ) { // where x may be null, undefined, or an object } But only because I'd rarely make a meaningful working distinction between ( or differently handle ) an object variable being null or being undefined., Of course, there are sometimes occasions where the distinction is meaningful, but === undefined or === null aren't always the most useful, consider: if( x !== undefined ) { x.something( ); //Possible error, if x happens to be null: //""null is null or not an object"" //or something along those lines } Can, of course use if ( ( x !== undefined ) & ( x !== null ) ) , but it doesn't really gain very much over if( x ) . Using a typeof test ( AND a non-null test ) is probably the most effective, in most places., Ouch. I'd rather prefer to know if something is or isn't an object a string, a boolean, a null, etc. Hence typeof. Only testing ( x !== undefined ) and/or ( x !== null ) isn't atall helpful if I still have no idea what I can subsequently do with x. The test I'd usually use is ( If I have absolutely no idea what x might be, and I'm hoping for an object for example ): if( ( typeof x == "object " ) && x ) { //do whatever ( i.e. poke around in x .looking for the method/property I need ) [ the && x is needed because typeof null is "object" ] } But, more often than not, I'd have a good idea what x is going to be, and would normally only ever use null as placeholder for things that I'msure are only going to otherwise be objects, so, any tests can be more simply put ( assuming of course, that I control ALL of the functions involved ): var x = get_x_or_null( ); if( ! x ) { x = try_something_else_to_get_x_or_null( ); } //etc, etc. Otherwise, for the heterogenous collection.. I'd try and setup a convention for each value, or use a "real class" with a constructor/properties/etc. If I'm expecting an object and I pull out a null ( or an undefined ) its probably, although not always, going to amount to the same recovery, e.g.: //I'm gonna keep _only_ object pointers to Whatever objects in here. var xx = Object( ); var a = xx[ "a" ]; if( ! a ) { //don't care if a is null or undefined, I need to do something with a Whatever. xx[ "a" ] = a = new Whatever( ); } a.do_something( ); But yeh, that only works if you keep the collection homogenous..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

keydown listener for div element and "event forwarding"

I'm trying to "detect" a keydown event in a DIV. The idea have a keydown listener attached to document and forward the event to the div. (I've searched the web, but it was impossible to handle the noise on this ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Trying to add another function to my script

Ok, I am a complete dummy when it comes to javascript. I have learned all my html/5 css/3 on the internet and I cannot seem to grasp javascript at all. Any javascript I use I pull it from very simple scripts and attempt to manipulate them to do what I want. I currently have a working script that grades 10 questions and displays a score when the submit button is pressed. I wanted to add an if statement to my script so that if the score is equal to or less than 5 then show one image in a certain div and if the score is equal to or greater than 6 but less than 8 then display another picture and if the score is greater than 8 display the final picture. I also have a reset button that i would like to make the picture go disappear. each picture obviously is going to reflect based on how well they did. does anyone know how to do this here is my script and form. Script ] Im not going to post my entire form because its quite large but here is the end of it [ Score = Correct answers: I have tried a few things but I couldnt get it to work. I am probably just not doing it correctly. If anyone can help point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. *** Edit *** Please use code tags when posting code. This post has been edited by GunnerInc: 20 October 2012 - 10:05 AM Reason for edit:: Added code tags
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Problem with code to change font size in textarea

Firstly, here's my code: function fontChange() { //size = document.getElementById("mytextarea").value; if(document.getElementById("small").checked === true) { document.getElementById("mytextarea").value.style.fontSize = "7pt"; document.getElementById("mytextarea").value = size; } else if(document.getElementById("medium").checked === true) { document.getElementById("mytextarea").value.style.fontSize = "12pt"; document.getElementById("mytextarea").value = size; } else if(document.getElementById("large").checked === true) { document.getElementById("mytextarea").value.style.fontSize = "24pt"; document.getElementById("mytextarea").value = size; } } Here's the HMTL part: Small Medium Large It's just plain not working. Logically, in my mind at least, it should work so what's the problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Shrink text area to numrows of text onBlur

! I have a a simple script here that expands a textbox when someone selects it and sends it back to one row when the user moves on... Heres my question...I'm trying to figure out how to do the following... When the user exits, check the number of rows. If 5 then remains at 5... I just don't know how to get the number of filled in lines from the text box ... i'm thinking like document.getElementById("gayt1").rows but I feel like that would return the number 5 if its expanded. function ExpandTA(){ document.getElementById("gayt1").rows="5"; } function DeSelTA(){ document.getElementById("gayt1").rows="1" } As always,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

My html form submit is not working after validation has completed

My HTML with Javascript I had a problem with the form submittion.. where the javascript working fine for validation after completing validation my form submit is not processing to action specified in the form tag. Please help me out of this Here is the HTML Code 1. Position Applied for : --Select-- Helper Office Boy Sweeper LMV Driver HMV Driver Ex-70 Operator Ex-210 Operator Dozer Operator Roller Operator Fork Lift Operator Incinerator Operator Fitter Electrician Welder Sheet Welder Mechanic Auto Electrician Supervisor Foreman Cook Store Keeper Trainee Assistant Chief Executive Security Guard Head Guard Gardener Operator Chemist Accountant Officer Executive Painter Picker Turner Plant Operator Scavenger JCB Operator Tractor Driver Lab Attender Plumber Announcer Shift In charge Mason Weigh Bridge Operator Bobcat Operator Auto-Electrician System Administrator House Keeping Vehicle In charge Care Taker Carpenter Data Entry Operator Engineer Nurse Secretary ERP End User Shift Engineer Mechanic Welders ARCH / GAS / PLATE etc. Semi Skilled /Un - Skilled Workers 2. Full Name : 3. Father's / Husband's Name : 4. Present Address : 5. Permanent Address :   Contact Tel. No. Residence : STD Code Number   Mobile : 6. Email ID : 7. Date of Birth : (mm/dd/yyyy) 8. Age : 9. Gender : --Select-- Male Female 10. Marital Status : --Select-- Married Unmarried 11. Educational Qualifications : 12. Professional Qualifications : 13. Experience in years :   Details of experience : 14. Last Drawn Salary : 15. Slary Exepected : 16. Proof of Identify : --Select-- Pan Card Driving Licence Voter ID Ration Card Others 17. Preferred Location : --Select-- Hyderabad Bangalore Chennai Bhopal Any where in India Any where Others 18. Known References :     Reference1   Name : Designation : Company : Contact No. :           Reference2   Name : Designation : Company : Contact No. : 19. Achievements (Academic, sports, Cultural etc.) : 20. Languages Known : 21. Attach your Resume :       Note : Please upload your resume either in well formatted Ms-word (.doc) or text file(.txt).                       [b][size="5"]Javascript Code[/size][/b]function CalculateAge(birthday) { var re=/^(0[1-9]|1[012])[- /.](0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])[- /.](19|20)\d\d+$/; if (birthday.value != '') { if(re.test(birthday.value )) { birthdayDate = new Date(birthday.value); dateNow = new Date(); var years = dateNow.getFullYear() - birthdayDate.getFullYear(); var months=dateNow.getMonth()-birthdayDate.getMonth(); var days=dateNow.getDate()-birthdayDate.getDate(); if (isNaN(years)) { document.getElementById('strage').innerHTML = ''; alert("Input date is incorrect!"); return false; } else { document.getElementById('strage').innerHTML = years +' Years '; //document.getElementById('strage').innerHTML = years +' Years ' +months +' months '+days +' days'; } } else { alert("Date must be mm/dd/yyyy format"); return false; } } } function Check() { var valid = false; var position = document.getElementById("strposition").value; var fullname = document.getElementById("strfname").value; var fhname = document.getElementById("strfhname").value; var address = document.getElementById("straddress1").value; var prmntaddress = document.getElementById("straddress2").value; var stdcode = document.getElementById("strstdcode").value; var resiphone = document.getElementById("strresiphone").value; var mobile = document.getElementById("strmobile").value; var email = document.getElementById("stremail").value; var dob = document.getElementById("strdob").value; var education = document.getElementById("streducation").value; var professional = document.getElementById("strprofessional").value; var expyears = document.getElementById("strexpyears").value; var detailsexp = document.getElementById("strexperience").value; var lastdrawn = document.getElementById("strlastdrawn").value; var expected = document.getElementById("strexpected").value; var refname1 = document.getElementById("strrefname1").value; var refdesig1 = document.getElementById("strrefdesig1").value; var refcomp1 = document.getElementById("strrefcomp1").value; var refcontact1 = document.getElementById("strrefcontact1").value; var refname2 = document.getElementById("strrefname2").value; var refdesig2 = document.getElementById("strrefdesig2").value; var refcomp2 = document.getElementById("strrefcomp2").value; var refcontact2 = document.getElementById("strrefcontact2").value; var Achievements = document.getElementById("strAchievements").value; var languages = document.getElementById("strlanguages").value; var position_re = /^\d{3}$/; var fullname_re = /^[A-Z a-z]+\s*$/; var fhname_re = /^[A-Z a-z]+\s*$/; var address_re = /^[\w+[\,]\w+]|[\w]$/; var prmntaddress_re = /^[\w+[\,]\w+]*|[\w]*$/; var stdcode_re = /^\d{4,5}$/; var resiphone_re = /^\d{7,}$/; var mobile_re = /^\d{10}$/; var email_re = /^(\w+[\-\.])*\w+@(\w+\.)+[A-Za-z0-9]+$/; var dob_re=/^(0[1-9]|1[012])[- /.](0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])[- /.](19|20)\d\d+$/; var education_re = /^[A-Z a-z 0-9]+$/; var professional_re = /^[A-Z a-z 0-9]*$/; var expyears_re = /^[1-9]*$/; var detailsexp_re = /^[A-Z a-z]*$/; var lastdrawn_re = /^[0-9]*$/; var expected_re = /^[0-9]*$/; var refname1_re = /^[A-Z a-z]+$/; var refdesig1_re = /^[A-Z a-z]+$/; var refcomp1_re = /^[A-Z a-z]+$/; var refcontact1_re = /^[\d{10}]+$/; var refname2_re = /^[A-Z a-z]+$/; var refdesig2_re = /^[A-Z a-z]+$/; var refcomp2_re = /^[A-Z a-z]+$/; var refcontact2_re = /^[\d{10}]+$/; var Achievements_re = /^[A-Z a-z 0-9]*$/; var languages_re = /^[A-Z a-z]*[\,]*[A-Z a-z]*$/; if(document.form1.strposition.selectedIndex != 0 ) { if (fullname_re.test(fullname)) { if (fhname_re.test(fhname)) { if (address_re.test(address)) { if (prmntaddress_re.test(prmntaddress)) { if((mobile_re.test(mobile)) || ((stdcode_re.test(stdcode)) & (resiphone_re.test(resiphone)))) { if (email_re.test(email)) { if(dob_re.test(dob)) { if(document.form1.strgender.selectedIndex != 0 ) { if(document.form1.strmaritalstatus.selectedIndex != 0 ) { if (education_re.test(education)) { if (professional_re.test(professional)) { if (expyears_re.test(expyears)) { if (detailsexp_re.test(detailsexp)) { if (lastdrawn_re.test(lastdrawn)) { if (expected_re.test(expected)) { if(document.form1.strlocation.selectedIndex != 0 ) { if(((refname1_re .test(refname1)) & (refdesig1_re.test(refdesig1)) & (refcomp1_re.test(refcomp1)) & (refcontact1_re.test(refcontact1))) || ((refname2_re .test(refname2)) & (refdesig2_re.test(refdesig2)) & (refcomp2_re.test(refcomp2)) & (refcontact2_re.test(refcontact2)))) { if (Achievements_re.test(Achievements)) { if(languages_re.test(languages)) { //var scriptPath = "http://www.kvrresources.com/Kvrjobfile.php"; //document.getElementById("form1").setAttribute("action", scriptPath); //document.form1.action = "Kvrjobfile.php"; //document.forms.form1[0].action = "Kvrjobfile.php"; //document.form1.action['Kvrjobfile.php']; //document.getElementById('form1').action = ""; } else alert("Please enter language in alphabets"); } else alert("Please enter achievements in alphanumeric"); } else alert("Please enter Known Refernce:name,designation must be in alphabets and contact number in numeric"); } else alert("Please select Preferred location"); } else alert("Plaese enter last drawn salary must be numeric"); } else alert("Plaese enter last drawn salary must be numeric"); } else alert("Plaese enter Details of exp must be alphabets"); } else alert("Please enter experience greater than 0"); } else alert("Please enter professional qualification in alphanumeric"); } else alert("Please enter educational qualification must be in alphanumeric"); } else alert("Please select Marital Status"); } else alert("Please select gender"); } else alert("please enter date of birth in mm/dd/year format"); } else alert("Please enter valid email id"); } else alert("Please enter contact number"); } else alert("Please enter Permanent address in alphanumeric"); } else alert("Please enter Present address in alphanumeric"); } else alert("Please enter Father/Husband name must be alphabets only"); } else alert("Please enter your fullname must be alphabets only"); } else alert("Please select Position applied for job"); return valid; } Mod Edit: !!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using

Is it possible to do something like this Page 2 Basically it's to try and make the text work with the a:hover text effect I have whilst making the whole layer sensitive to clicks. i tried this already: Page 2 but it's untidy and a bit rubbish is there a better way to do it neatly I know i could always call a JS function to do a parent.location thing but i would rather not if possible.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javascript dynamic content styles nodes

Unhappy Dynamic Content and Styles problem... Alright, So I've been trying to do this ALL weekend for my online java class... and cant seem to figure it out! It's been killing me... If anyone could help me out, I would GLADLY appreciate it!!! Here is a shortened version of the HTML.... followed by one of the functions in javascript that im having the problem with... basically, when the user selects a name from a select dropdown menu, I want to change the actors names in the html to black, along with their lines... and else to red. So far, I can properly change just their NAME to red and black correctly... but not their block quotes PROSPERO Enter PROSPERO in his magic robes, and ARIEL Now does my project gather to a head: My charms crack not; my spirits obey; and time Goes upright with his carriage. How's the day ARIEL On the sixth hour; at which time, my lord, You said our work should cease. PROSPERO I did say so, When first I raised the tempest. Say, my spirit, How fares the king and's followers ARIEL Confined together In the same fashion as you gave in charge, Just as you left them; all prisoners, , In the line-grove which weather-fends your cell; They cannot budge till your release. The king, His brother and yours, abide all three distracted And the remainder mourning over them, Brimful of sorrow and dismay; but chiefly Him that you term'd, , 'The good old lord Gonzalo; His tears run down his beard, like winter's drops From eaves of reeds. Your charm so strongly works 'em That if you now beheld them, your affections Would become tender. PROSPERO Dost thou think so, spirit ARIEL Mine would, , were I human. PROSPERO And mine shall. Hast thou, which art but air, a touch, a feeling Of their afflictions, and shall not myself, One of their kind, that relish all as sharply, Passion as they, be kindlier moved than thou art Though with their high wrongs I am struck to the quick, Yet with my nobler reason 'gaitist my fury Do I take part: the rarer action is In virtue than in vengeance: they being penitent, The sole drift of my purpose doth extend Not a frown further. Go release them, Ariel: My charms I'll break, their senses I'll restore, And they shall be themselves. ARIEL I'll fetch them, . Exit PROSPERO Ye elves of hills, brooks, standing lakes and groves, And ye that on the sands with printless foot Do chase the ebbing Neptune and do fly him When he comes back; you demi-puppets that By moonshine do the green sour ringlets make, Whereof the ewe not bites, and you whose pastime Is to make midnight mushrooms, that rejoice To hear the solemn curfew; by whose aid, Weak masters though ye be, I have bedimm'd The noontide sun, call'd forth the mutinous winds, And 'twixt the green sea and the azured vault Set roaring war: to the dread rattling thunder Have I given fire and rifted Jove's stout oak With his own bolt; the strong-based promontory Have I made shake and by the spurs pluck'd up The pine and cedar: graves at my command Have waked their sleepers, oped, and let 'em forth By my so potent art. But this rough magic I here abjure, and, when I have required Some heavenly music, which even now I do, To work mine end upon their senses that This airy charm is for, I'll break my staff, Bury it certain fathoms in the earth, And deeper than did ever plummet sound I'll drown my book. Solemn music function filterScene(e) { var listBox = e.target || event.srcElement; var h3t = document.getElementsByTagName("h3"); for(var l = 0; l < h3t.length; l++) { if(listBox.value != h3t[l].innerHTML) { // Turn non-names red h3t[l].style.color = "red"; } else { // Turn Selected Character Black h3t[l].style.color = "black"; } } }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javascript or ajax which one?

hello :-)i want to have your opinion.im going to design a site for a car showroom .which includes a search form,the problem im facing is that there are two combo box one for the make and one for the model.so when the user selects the make the model combo box will load the related models. suppose if i choose ford ,in the combo box below the models Mustang,focus will be loaded and once the user clicks the search button the result will be displayed I was told to use ajax but i have no clue of AJAX at all,is there any way to make it happen by using only javascript ,php and sql to have the combo box working This post has been edited by deathmeat: 03 March 2011 - 12:56 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Nothing is happening in value

hello im having trouble getting the value of counter to = something here is me code function countdown(){ frmcountdown.counter.value=timer; x=frmcountdown.counter.value; x--; frmcountdown.counter.value=x; if (x>0){ setTimeout("countdown()",1000); } else{ alert("out of time"); } }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dynamically change CSS with javascript / jquery problem

, I have a complex website designed with Jquerry, javascript and css. The index.html serves as a client ui for an open source poker game. Much of the css is contained in multiple and imported external css files. The Jquery / javascript code is also contained in an external file. The site is completely functional. What I am attempting to do is add a feature to the client that will, through a Jquery or Javascript function, dynamically change the visibility of an element. The elements in question represent the hole cards that a player sees after his cards are dealt. By default they are visible and face up. I changed this default behaviour by first changing their visibility element default value to visibility:hidden. Then I created and styled a div named "peek" and wrote a few lines of code with a Jquery .hover event that should invoke the $(document).ready() function which should toggle the elements visibility values. This should in turn show and hide the hole cards. I have been unsuccessful in getting this to work. When I try the mouseOver nothing happens. I don't receive any error messages from the browser. I would appreciate any help and advice in this matter. Here is the relevant css (how the cards are displayed in the browser) in the external css file .jpoker_table .jpoker_ptable_card_seat00 { width:191px; height:262px; visibility:hidden; z-index:2; position:absolute; top:140px; left:10px; -webkit-transform: scale(1); -moz-transform: scale(1);background-image:url("images/jpoker_table/cards/small-back.png");} .jpoker_table .jpoker_ptable_card_seat01 { width:191px; height:262px; z-index:3; position:absolute; top:190px; left:60px; -webkit-transform: scale(1);-moz-transform: scale(1); background-image:url("images/jpoker_table/cards/small-back.png");} Here is the relevant html // TiddlyWiki - a reusable non-linear personal web notebook #saveTest {display:none;} #messageArea {display:none;} #copyright {display:none;} #storeArea {display:none;} #storeArea div {padding:0.5em; margin:1em 0em 0em 0em; border-color:#fff #666 #444 #ddd; border-style:solid; border-width:2px; overflow:auto;} #shadowArea {display:none;} #javascriptWarning {width:100%; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; background-color:#dd1100; color:#fff; padding:1em 0em;} #peek .jpoker_table .jpoker_action, .jpoker_table .jpoker_action {position:absolute; width:243px; height:54px; top:72px; left:10px; visibility:visible;} Welcome to TiddlyWiki created by Jeremy Ruston, Copyright 2007 UnaMesa Association This page requires Javascript to function properly.If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer you may need to click on the yellow bar above and select 'ow Blocked Content'. You must then click 'Yes' on the following security warning. Finally, here is the jquery code that I made, the code is commented as // showholecards. The surrounding code is the existing code. // // muck (table plugin helper) // jpoker.plugins.muck = { AUTO_MUCK_WIN: 1, AUTO_MUCK_LOSE: 2, templates : { muck_accept: '{muck_accept_label}', muck_deny: '{muck_deny_label}', auto_muck: '{auto_muck_win_label}{auto_muck_lose_label}' }, muckRequest: function(server, packet, id) { if ($.inArray(server.serial, packet.muckable_serials) != -1) { $('#muck_accept' + id).show(); $('#muck_deny' + id).show(); } }, muckRequestTimeout: function(id) { $('#muck_accept' + id).hide(); $('#muck_deny' + id).hide(); }, sendAutoMuck: function(server, game_id, id) { var auto_muck = 0; if ($('#auto_muck_win' + id).is(':checked')) { auto_muck |= jpoker.plugins.muck.AUTO_MUCK_WIN; } if ($('#auto_muck_lose' + id).is(':checked')) { auto_muck |= jpoker.plugins.muck.AUTO_MUCK_LOSE; } server.sendPacket({type: 'PacketPokerAutoMuck', serial: server.serial, game_id: game_id, auto_muck: auto_muck}); server.preferences.extend({auto_muck_win: $('#auto_muck_win' + id).is(':checked'), auto_muck_lose: $('#auto_muck_lose' + id).is(':checked')}); } }; // // showholecards // $("peek").hover( function () { //on hover $("#jpoker_ptable_card_seat00").show(); }, function () { //on hover out $("#jpoker_ptable_card_seat00").hide(); } ); // // cards (table plugin helper) // jpoker.plugins.cards = { update: function(cards, prefix, id) { jpoker.plugins.cards.update_value(cards, prefix, id); jpoker.plugins.cards.update_visibility(cards, prefix, id); }, update_value: function(cards, prefix, id) { for(var i = 0; i < cards.length; i++) { var card = cards[i]; var element = $('#' + prefix + i + id); element.removeClass().addClass('jpoker_card jpoker_ptable_' + prefix + i); if(card !== null) { var card_image = 'back'; if(card != 255) { card_image = jpoker.cards.card2string[card & 0x3F]; } element.addClass('jpoker_card_' + card_image); } } }, update_visibility: function(cards, prefix, id) { for(var i = 0; i < cards.length; i++) { var card = cards[i]; var element = $('#' + prefix + i + id); if(card !== null) { element.show(); } else { element.hide(); } } } }; This post has been edited by pokertec: 14 September 2009 - 08:52 AM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Changing an ad on page load?

I have four static ads and I want one of them to display each time a page loads. I've never done Javascript before. I'm not asking for the solution. I was just wondering if it is possible. The ads are in tags, from Amazon.com. Can you do this with Javascript If not where should I look
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

*RESOLVED* Checking For Duplicate Form Values

EDIT:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javascript image preview

hello all. i've bee learning php for the last couple of weeks while designing a site but i am now frequently running into situations where i need to use javascript. i have a page where i want a user to browse for a pic with a file field and i would like the image to be displated as a preview before the user uploads the pic. i found this script... function showLocalImage(imgname) { imgname = imgname.replace(/\\/g,"/"); imgname = imgname.replace(/\'/g,"\\'"); content = ""; eval('document.all("imagepreview").innerHTML=\" + content +"'"); document.all.imagepreview.style.visibility ='visible'; } ...but it dosent seem to be working for me, i'm using IE7 by the way. any help would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

can someone tell me what my error is

i'm trying to connect my jsp file with my access data base, but it still give me an error at this line Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection(jdbc:odbc:db","",""); sorry if I posted my question in the wrong section Databaseselected Database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to Auto-populate text field(s) based on dropdown?

Firstly I would like to thank all of the members of the forums, as I find their assistance invaluable and have helped me indirectly by providing answers to other peoples questions that were similar to my own, however I am currently stuck on the following issue. I know there are similar threads on here, but after reading them I still cannot solve my problem :( Background: I have set up my website quite some time ago that has served its purpose very well, however I will now be adding an order form functionality. So far, by reading books and traversing forums, I have been able to develop a page where the user 1.Enters data into the required fields, that is then submitted to a MYSQL database via PHP, 2.Can retrieve orders that are stored in the database, 3.Delete orders that are stored in the database. I have wamp installed on my computer as the webserver. I have also incorporated two drop down lists that both retrieve their values from tables within the database. The first drop down list retrieves the Australian States that I have stored in a table, and once the submit button is pressed, it stores the State that is selected to a separate table. This drop down list functions as it should. An extract from From Place an order.php Select State Let me know what further information is required for you to help me. I have attached the relevant files. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

iframe w/ variable scr & redirect on error

So far I've got this iframe to refresh every minute. What I would like to do is have the scr of the iframe be a variable. When the iframe loads to the main site if it find that the page cannot be dislayed then switch to the second site. I am very new to javascript and any help would be very appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Random images/links without repeating

I have a web page that contains a bunch of advertisements. What I need to do it randomly shuffle these images each time the page is refreshed. I cannot have any repeating ads. Here is the code I have now.... it repeats images. function random() { images = new Array(3); images[0] = ""; images[1] = ""; images[2] = ""; for(var i = 0; i < images.length; i++) { index = Math.floor(Math.random() * images.length); document.write(images[index]); } } random(); I would like to keep the code as simple as possible.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ajax framework with drag and drop auto arranging grid?

I'm new to the UI side of AJAX, and I was wondering if there was any AJAX framework (or an extension to the framework) which has the functionality like this: http://tool-man.org/examples/sorting.html (scroll down to the section "Example: Sorting in two dimensions")
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

persistant cookie for select function

Could Somebody Please Write Me a cookie For the following code I tried several Times But Nothing worked, I just dont understand cookie functions. I want a users selection to remain indefinately until they change it, at which point a new cookie is written. Please share your skill
Change The background

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Validating form - am I missing something? - JavaScript Help

I have a script running which will add users, although I want to check some fields like if the email is an actual email etc, and I'd like to do that clientside, ATM I've got this running but it doesn't actually check the email, and will still submit anything even if the whole form is blank, can someone help me out function formValidator(){ var email = document.getElementById('email'); if(emailValidator(email, "Please enter a valid email address")){ return true; } } } } } } return false; } function emailValidator(elem, helperMsg){ var emailExp = /^[\w\-\.\+]+\@[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-]+\.[a-zA-z0-9]{2,4}$/; if(elem.value.match(emailExp)){ return true; }else{ alert(helperMsg); elem.focus(); return false; } } Add User First Name*: Sur Name*: Email*: Web Site*: Password*: Address Line 1*: Address Line 2*: City / Town*: County*: Postcode*: Sex M/F*: Date of Birth*: - Month - January Febuary March April May June July August September October November December - Day - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 - Year - 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1978 1977 1976 1975 1974 1973 1972 1971 1970 1969 1968 1967 1966 1965 1964 1963 1962 1961 1960 1959 1958 1957 1956 1955 1954 1953 1952 1951 1950 1949 1948 1947 1946 1945 1944 1943 1942 1941 1940 1939 1938 1937 1936 1935 1934 1933 1932 1931 1930 1929 1928 1927 1926 1925 1924 1923 1922 1921 1920 1919 1918 1917 1916 1915 1914 1913 1912 1911 1910 1909 1908 1907 1906 1905 1904 1903 1902 1901 1900 Customer Feedback (1-99)*: WGTF Feedback (1-99)*:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Guessing Game Problems

This it my first (and only) programming class I have so be gentle! I have to make a guessing game where the user chooses the max number to guess between 1 and that number, and then they guess until they get it while stating too high or too low. It works up until the random number part and giving the "too high", "too low" and "you win" prompts. Firebug said something was wrong with the == for the if (guess == random_number) part.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

security of javascript

I had a question about javascript. Since it is clientside can a user modify the contents of my scripts. For example I am using jquery's css() command to disable a button if a user is not logged in. Can a user access this and change it so the button is enebaled
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

tableless design ==> practical problems???

I know.. i know.. tables are not the best solution to solve things.. But... What about an auto-scaling table like:
Menu-kind-of-thing
I really tried to ...

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 30th November 2012
View Replies!

Request.Form in Javascript

Can I: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- in Firefox it works well ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Perferred way to create object

Method 1: var Person = { name: "", say: function() { .... } } Method 2: function Person(name) { this.name = name; } var p = new Person("john"); While both is okay, I see a trend more and more people ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

popup called from a frame, accessing parent's obecjts

I have a container page with an IFRAME that is loaded with pages selected by the user. One of these pages calls a popup .. when the user is done with the popup I need to refresh of list ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

need javascript for a project

hey .i need to do a project on blood donation camp by using java script. can anyone help me,its urgent
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd December 2012
View Replies!

JavaScript function to open a new window

I have created a function that opens a new window. Is it possible that I can make this display the results of a php script For example: mywindow.document.write(phpScript.php); I need it so that, when a button is clicked this function runs, as does the php script which pulls back information, to hopefully be displayed on the window created in the function. Cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Change Div Background Colour Using a List box

How would I go about changing the colour of a div, using a list-box, as opposed to buttons I think I have figured out how to create the list box, but I am stumped as to what to do using Javascript. Looking on Google, there is no much help on what I am trying to do (e.g. there is only code on changing div colours via an image hover etc). Here is my CSS and HTML code. CSS: /// This the body table I want to change via Javascript div#main { width: 5%; background-color:#000; } HTML: /// This is the list-box that will change the dic background colour black white I would be very grateful for any help given.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Not adding numbers

ok, got cookie splitting thing, and apparently you need to get it to add a number to part of the name each time the function is run, i got the cookie splitting thing working, just not the adding number bit, can you see why Grader 101 var num = 0; function WriteCookie() { if(num
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Simple jQuery slideDown problem

It shows the new Form fields, but it doesn't slide down.. Does anyone know why I'm guessing the problem lies here: $('#addPerson').click(function() { $(addPerson).slideDown('slow'); }); ORIGINAL: google.load("jquery", "1.3.1"); var current = 1; function addPerson() { //current keeps track of how many people we have. current++; var strToAdd = '
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Popup Window

I'm getting a syntax error and I don't know why. Any help would be much appreciated. Womens Mock Selection This post has been edited by stanimal123: 12 March 2009 - 04:24 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th December 2012
View Replies!

javascript printing options

Hi , I am trying to print a document using window.print() method but as it process the dialog box appears having printing options. I don't want to display that box. How can I do that\t If the box can not be avoided then How can i take print "Two no of copies". without entering to box. Thank you in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th December 2012
View Replies!

popup not rendering - JavaScript Help

Hi ,The a tag below opens a popup window once click which works fine in html body tag:testThe problem is am selecting entries from my database and using php to render the link dynamically and it doesnt seem to work I cant figure out why, here's the php input: Here is also the also the javascript which makes it possible
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

AJAX Javacript multiple file upload - JavaScript Help

So I have a very unique issue for a project I am working on and I cannot seem to figure it out. I will try my best to explain the task at hand.I need to create an image uploader that will allow users to upload multiple images. Upon upload of their images, they will be required to submit a caption. Upon caption submission, the form will be sent to a script in our CMS (we use a provided CMS where code is extremely strange and out of our control). I have gotten this to work successfully using a single file upload, but whenever I attempt to run multiple files, I get a system error in our CMS.I think a little back story can help you all to understand the situation a bit more. Before I got this project thrown at me, our company used some Yahoo multi file uploader with all the bells and whistles and things that make people smile. Well the problem is, the smiles started to go away when every one of our customers began complaining about files not uploading correctly. So my boss came to me (the so called nerd of the office) and asked if I knew anything about file uploads. Of course, I replied. But I had no idea what they were looking to do. He then explained the issue and asked if I thought I could duplicate what they currently had. Anyone in Corporate America knows that I should've said no, but they also understand the importance of me saying, yes.In any event, it could possibly be my a** if this thing isn't functioning by COB Monday! I have all weekend to figure this thing out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.My FormI have a simple html form. It simply grabs the file and sends it to the server using a script provided to us by our CMS. We will never see what this script looks like but we do know that it works (seeing as the Yahoo file uploader worked...yes there were errors sometimes but overall it worked). So in the end, my HTML looked as follows: Caption: The name of the input field HAS to be 'data', that's how it returns info to the CMS. The required fields are 'data', and 'caption', both of which I have. When you submit this form, the following information is returned:Quote{"caption": "", "moderation": "unsaved", "photo_id": "urn:uuid:6690eb9e-e629-11e0-a41f-b8ac6f16d83d", "urls": {"thumbnail": "IGNORE THIS URLcallout_id=463300584&key=thumbnail&index=urn:uuid:6690eb9e-e629-11e0-a41f-b8ac6f16d83d", "full": "IGNORE THIS URLcallout_id=463300584&key=full&index=urn:uuid:6690eb9e-e629-11e0-a41f-b8ac6f16d83d", "original": "IGNORE THIS URLcallout_id=463300584&key=original&index=urn:uuid:6690eb9e-e629-11e0-a41f-b8ac6f16d83d", "sample_photo": "IGNORE THIS URLcallout_id=463300584&key=sample_photo&index=urn:uuid:6690eb9e-e629-11e0-a41f-b8ac6f16d83d"}}NOTE: IGNORE THIS URL was actually a full blown URL but I removed it for obvious policy reasons.To me, this looks like some type of JSON feed which is good. It found the two variables successfully and is ready to be saved. I understand how to get to this step when there is only one file I am dealing with. But how can I do this for multiple files I have tried the following with my HTML and neither worked: Caption: also tried... Caption: Both of these return errors. I have posted them below responsibly:1.) Quote{"success": false, "error": "AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'read'"}2.) Quote{"success": false, "error": "TypeError: Missing argument to upload_photo(): data"}I understand that my files are being processed correctly when processing one by one. This has to mean that it is possible to run some sort of script that allows for multiple versions of these files to be processed. I have some javascript/jquery/ajax know how, but not enough to understand what needs to be done here. I will be on this computer all day attempting to figure this thing out (there goes the weekend). I will reply to your responses, suggestions, tests immediately as well as expose as much information as I can without breaching policy. As I said before, any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any questions regarding anything I have went over in my question (regarding the CMS, form submission, deadline, my system, anything), feel free to ask. Fingers crossed! And as always,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

how to make news widget in javascript ? - JavaScript Help

i have a news site and some of my partners want to include latest news. They are doing that with iframe at the moment but they are asking for javascript version so that they can style div, please help me how do i do it in javascript my current script is like this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

Animating elements - JavaScript Help

Ok, I'm using jQuery for this. But I can't seem to nail it. Also I am not looking for a plugin to handle this effect.What I want to do is multiple animations at once. Having my elements expand and contrast in all directions at once while possibly moving the element off in another direction. My issue is I can't seem to nail this properly and I am looking for some insight as to fire off multiple animations at once to an element without having it queue up is that possible
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Clear Input Field Value - JavaScript Help

How can I clear an input field value using an onclick event on a different elementlink.onclick = function(){ input = ''; }This fails.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!