FullScreen-API: Behaviour change / Funktion not working...

I have a quite strange problem here... I have a offline-website on an Android-Device (Samsung Tab2 10.1). I installed Firefox 15 (for Android) on it.
I implemented a function to go to fullscreen (full page) by pressing on a button.

When I am not in fullscreen, everything works out as it should, but when I am in fullscreen, I am not able to change the font-color or innerHTML-value of the items in fullscreen.
The strange thing about it: If I leave fullscreen-mode the change which was not visible before was actually done to the element in non-fullscreen-mode (after leaving fullscreen the change is visible).

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong Someone has experienced something like that before

See you and
Posted On: Monday 1st of October 2012 05:12:06 AM Total Views:  233
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF JavaScript PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

simple background color change on click then after delay change back.

Hi all, here's the background on what I'm doing: I'm making a photo gallery that you interact with on the touch screen of a camera on screen, I know that sounds confusing, but it makes sense visually. Anywho I have an image of a camera, and what I'd like to do just for fun is make it so it looks like the "flash" went off on the camera when you click on the take picture button. As well as play a short audio clip. Anywho I'm mainly trying to figure out how to just get the background to switch and then after a tiny delay switch back. Here's the code that I have for it Code: function ChangeBackground() { document.body.style.backgroundColor="white"; //immediately change the background color to white setTimeout(document.body.style.backgroundColor="#000000", 100) //after 100 milliseconds change the background to black. } Then in my page i currently have a button(I'm going to make it a selectable div or image map so there isn't an ugly button over the camera's button, but that's not important at the moment) Code: Can anyone point out why this code does not work When I run it, the background doesn't change at all. Thank you javascript geniouses. I'm still learning but I'm eager to master javascript.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

dhtml onchange for a time

hi , i want change then click for 3 second : Code: function changetext(id) { id.innerHTML=""; } Click on this text
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

date format change - function call inside an object

Here is my code.. Code: $('').addblock( { type:'common', title:'Text Block', data:{ 'id':model.id, "namne":model.name, "desc":model.desc, "labelDate":model.thetimestamp /* "labelDate": function(models.starttime){ var value = models.starttime; var d = new Date(); d.setTime(value); value = d.toLocaleDateString(); return value; } */ } }); I'm getting model.thetimestamp from an ajax call, however I am not able to format that to date object. Im trying to do that using an anonymous function which is now in the comments. How do I format the date before showing it in the block
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

Onclick event change button name and js funtion accordingly

. I have 2 buttons named "Add" & "Edit" respectively. The thing that i have to do is that when I click on "Add" the name of "Edit" change to "Display" which on click eventually call a JavaScript function Display() but when "Add" is not click ,"Edit" remain same but which call the function Edit(). Can you please guide me on how to do this.Thank you :-)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Random-timed image changer with the possibility of changing them manually

this is my first post here. Hope I'll get some help here. I need someone to look at my code and tell me where I'm wrong. I just started learning JavaScript and I need someone to tell me how to do this (I did it, but it's bugged). I have the site code where I've used the given images for an automatic slideshow. I managed to make a script which generates a random number between 3000 and 8000, but generates only whole thousands (3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000 and 8000). These numbers represent the miliseconds for the function I use, which is setTimeout(). I then use the randomly generated time as a parameter in the setTimeout() function, which, in a given random time, calls the rotate() function which switches between the two images (does the image change). Now, my boss told me this is a nicely done thing, except that he couldn't make this to work on his regular website (I think we concluded there was a problem with image names later: his images didn't change at all). Nevertheless, he told me he'll try to fix the implementation, because he saw my code worked on my laptop and didn't on his PC, and to try to make the images change not only by themselves with a random timer, but also when a user clicks on the current image. I tried doing this by inserting the onclick attribute in the tag, which did the thing he wanted, but the thing is it doesn't work properly: the image changes, but sometimes one of the images appears for too short, which is like it is being skipped. If I try clicking some more, the images start changing faster and faster, until it's unbearable. My guess is that something must be wrong with the random time generator, a problem which occurs whenever I click on the image (call the rotate() function for changing the images). What do you suggest
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

simple background color change on click then after delay change back.

Hi all, here's the background on what I'm doing: I'm making a photo gallery that you interact with on the touch screen of a camera on screen, I know that sounds confusing, but it makes sense visually. Anywho I have an image of a camera, and what I'd like to do just for fun is make it so it looks like the "flash" went off on the camera when you click on the take picture button. As well as play a short audio clip. Anywho I'm mainly trying to figure out how to just get the background to switch and then after a tiny delay switch back. Here's the code that I have for it Code: function ChangeBackground() { document.body.style.backgroundColor="white"; //immediately change the background color to white setTimeout(document.body.style.backgroundColor="#000000", 100) //after 100 milliseconds change the background to black. } Then in my page i currently have a button(I'm going to make it a selectable div or image map so there isn't an ugly button over the camera's button, but that's not important at the moment) Code: Can anyone point out why this code does not work When I run it, the background doesn't change at all. Thank you javascript geniouses. I'm still learning but I'm eager to master javascript.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Detecting status change in a checkbox

I'm not really good with javascript, basically what I'm trying to do is that I want to be able to handle when the status of a checkbox is changed (i.e. checked or unchecked), I see everybody is using onclick but I wonder if this is the correct approach, what if a user changes the status of the checkbox using the keyboard, will onclick be triggered I know I might sound a little picky here but I believe those people who created DHTML must've thought about this, right Sorry if I posted the question in the wrong group, I couldn't find a good group for DHTML, I assume many people post questions about DHTML here as javascript and DHTML are very related, anyway a post in the wrong group is still better than all this spam I see everywhere here!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

Random-timed image changer with the possibility of changing them manually

this is my first post here. Hope I'll get some help here. I need someone to look at my code and tell me where I'm wrong. I just started learning JavaScript and I need someone to tell me how to do this (I did it, but it's bugged). I have the site code where I've used the given images for an automatic slideshow. I managed to make a script which generates a random number between 3000 and 8000, but generates only whole thousands (3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000 and 8000). These numbers represent the miliseconds for the function I use, which is setTimeout(). I then use the randomly generated time as a parameter in the setTimeout() function, which, in a given random time, calls the rotate() function which switches between the two images (does the image change). Now, my boss told me this is a nicely done thing, except that he couldn't make this to work on his regular website (I think we concluded there was a problem with image names later: his images didn't change at all). Nevertheless, he told me he'll try to fix the implementation, because he saw my code worked on my laptop and didn't on his PC, and to try to make the images change not only by themselves with a random timer, but also when a user clicks on the current image. I tried doing this by inserting the onclick attribute in the tag, which did the thing he wanted, but the thing is it doesn't work properly: the image changes, but sometimes one of the images appears for too short, which is like it is being skipped. If I try clicking some more, the images start changing faster and faster, until it's unbearable. My guess is that something must be wrong with the random time generator, a problem which occurs whenever I click on the image (call the rotate() function for changing the images). What do you suggest
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

dhtml onchange for a time

hi , i want change then click for 3 second : Code: function changetext(id) { id.innerHTML=""; } Click on this text
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to use setInterval to change background-image?

i'm trying to make my homepage switch between 3 different images using setInterval(). This is how far I have come, why doesn't it work The images is named kontor-1, kontor-2 and kontor-3 Code: function bildbyte() { var index = 1; var totalCount = 3; setInterval(function() { if (index > totalCount) { index = 1; } $(body).css('background-image', 'url(/images/kontor-' + index++ + '.png)'); }, 5000); }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need a function to change variables in a document.getElementById("test").innerHTML=..

Quote: var a = january var b = febuary var c = march function test() { document.getElementById("test").innerHTML=a; } I tried to explain it pretty well in the comment tags,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Simple Image changer script?

I have a website that needs to have on the main page an "Image" control that will display 3-4 images for 3 or 4 seconds at a time before going to the next image. Does anyone know of or have a simple script that will allow for this FYI...I'm really new to Javascript programming.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Text box colour change

just wondering if its possible to make a text box in java script and then for that box 2 change colour when the user inputs something. For example if they enter 3 it will turn green but if they enter anything else then it will turn red.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

onreadystatechange does not detect ready state

I'm trying to diagnose the javascript part of an ajax script: Code: The checkData script puts each readyState in an alert box, so I know the javascript is firing. If I change the red line of code to this, the alert boxes no longer pop up, so I assume the javascript is not firing: Code: var parameters = "apt_time"+apt_time+"&"+"user_id"+userid; I thought name/value pairs were written like this: Code: name1=value1&name2=value2 I though that was exactly what the red line of code was doing. Does anyone know why it isn't firing UPDATE: This works: Code: var parameters = "apt_time=+apt_time+&user_id=+userid"; I don't know why the above works and the other doesn't. They both look like they do the same thing - this: Code: apt_time=value1&user_id=value2
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Seeking help on js popup repositioning behaviour

: I'm looking for some assistance with a third-party script I'm using that incorporates onmouseover popups. If the content of the popup is too large to appear within the visible window just below the onmouseover spot, two different behaviours occur in firefox and IE 6: IE 6 will elongate the browser window via scrolling to allow the popup to be viewed - but you must physically scroll the window further down after doing the onmouseover. Firefox will reposition the popup elsewhere in the visible window. I think the repositioning behaviour is the preferred user experience (although I'd like it to still be anchored to the onmouseover spot, not far away), but my js knowledge is far too limited to understand why these two different behaviours are happening. Untitled Document MacAleese James Anderson  1829 - 1900 Home  Search  Login Individual Ancestors Descendants Relationship Timeline GEDCOM Generations:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8     Standard    |    Compact    |    Box    |    Text    |    Ahnentafel    |    Photos & Histories (Notes: You may have to scroll down or right to see chart. = Additional information     = New pedigree) MacAleese James Anderson popup B:  1829    Antrim, Ireland M:  20 Dec 1855    Dover, Westmorland, New Brunswick, Canada D:  1 Mar 1900    Moncton, Westmorland, New Brunswick, Canada Family: [Group Sheet] 1 O'Neal Mary Jane      Children   •  MacAleese Margaret     •  MacAleese Daniel     •  MacAleese John J.     •  MacAleese Annie Jane     •  MacAleese William Stuart  
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

preventing default behaviour in a

, I am in a bit of a situation here trying to prevent the browser from following a link within a This is the html code: this is it This is it lorem ipsum... and here's the script: function changeImage(calledFrom, big_image){ var newImage = $('#placeholder_image'); var newTitle = $(calledFrom).find('h3').html(); var newText = $(calledFrom).find('p').html(); newImage.fadeOut(50, function(){ newImage.attr('src', big_image); }).fadeIn(900); $('.car_model_description') .find('h3').html(newTitle).end() .find('p').html(newText); Cufon.replace('.car_model_description h3'); Cufon.replace('.car_model_description p'); } function resetThumbnails(){ $('.thumbnails a').each(function(){ $(this).stop(true, true).fadeTo(500,1); }); } $(document).ready(function(){ $('.thumbnails') .mouseleave(function(){ resetThumbnails(); }) .find('a').hover(function(){ hoverThumbnail(this); }); }); function hoverThumbnail(calledFrom){ var $calledFrom = $(calledFrom); $('.thumbnails a').each(function(){ if($(this).get(0) == $calledFrom.get(0)){ $(this).fadeTo(0,1); } else { $(this).fadeTo(0,0.5); } }); } Now, to stop the default behaviour I could simply add a return:false; after the javascript call in the html but the problem is that I need the link to be activated if people click on what's on the span tag. The way the script at the moment is that when users click on the thumbnail image the big image will change accordingly but when they click on the text in the span I need that text to be a link and I need the browser to follow that link only in that particular situation. Does it make sense I wonder how I can do that. If I add the return:false; the link won't work at all, but I need a way to stop the link from working when they click on the thumbnail and to work when they click on the text. any ideais it doable
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

Strange behaviour from checkboxes - JavaScript Help

The no_enddate. When it's checked it should hide the end date field and disable it. When it's not checked it shouldn't. This was working fine. Now all of a sudden I added "registered_headline". If that checkbox is checked then the stuff for no_enddate doesn't work. If it isn't checked, then it continues to work fine. Any advice Only show to registered users:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Content slider weird behaviour after following a link

, I have been creating a website using a content slider (malsup's Cycle). When you first load the site it looks fine, but then if you click the home link, its shifting to the left hand side of the page, and clicking the arrow buttons makes it format really oddly. If you refresh the page it generally comes back fine. Any fixes appreciated :) http://leisure.x-brand.co.uk
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

Regular Expressions: Inconsistent behaviours with non breaking space

While working on some white space trimming methods I found that the "Non breaking space" character (ASCII 160, nbsp, \u00A0) is treated differently accross browsers. A short test shows: MSIE and Safari do treat it as non-whitespace, FF and ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 30th November 2012
View Replies!

Strange behaviour, multiplying decimals (IE)

I'm building an IE-centric portal for an intranet so I've only had to develop for IE 6+ My version is: 6.00290.2180 Here's what I'm seeing: 0.25 * 100 = 25 0.26 * 100 = 26 0.27 * 100 = ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 30th November 2012
View Replies!