FULL PAGE ZOOM (unsure of what coding) - JavaScript Help

Hi

I am wanting to create a ull page zoom effect and not surewhich language would be best to develop this. Basically want to create a which will replicate the ctrl + or Ctrl - effect in all browsers.

Can any one help me please
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 12:38:07 AM Total Views:  298
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF JavaScript PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

java Script Problem

I am trying following code to update the onClick event of an html button sitting in my asp.net page. VB.NET code Page.RegisterStartupScript("AutoFillScript", _ "
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

Make an earthquake in your browser

http://techtips52.co.cc
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

@@Help with getting values from textboxes@@

Hi I have a little difficulty accessing a textbox value from a function. Here's the code: function getdata(f){ var myArray = new Array() for(var i = 0; i < 4; i++){//gets data myArray[i] = f.itemboxes[i].value } for(var i = 0; i < 4; i++){//displays data document.writeln( myArray[i] + "") } var sum = 0 for(var i = 0; i < 4; i++){//adds data sum = sum + eval(myArray[i]) } document.writeln("The total number of items : " + sum ) } function validatedata(f){ var pass_str = f.passbox.value document.writeln("Your pass is : " + pass_str) if(pass_str.length < 5 || pass_str.length > 8) alert("Inappropriate length") var name_str = f.namebox.value document.writeln("Your name is : " + name_str) /*This doesnt display the name!!! */ } item 1: item 2: item 3: item 4: password: name : I am calling the validatedata() to get the value from the "namebox" textbox and store it in the name_str variable which is to be displayed. But it doesnt display the value of name_str.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

dropdown menu pulling xml data

, I am trying to populate data from an xml file when a certain catergory from the dropdown menu is selected. The dropdown menu is also populated from a xml source different from the one where the data is stored that needs to be pulled. so when a category is selected from the dropdown - the selected value will populate the data from the xml source. I am having trouble displaying the data when a category is selected from the drop down menu. here is the code: AJAX function getProduct() { var oXmlHttp = zXmlHttp.createRequest(); oXmlHttp.open("post","products.xml",true); oXmlHttp.onreadystatechange = function () { if (oXmlHttp.readyState == 4) { if (oXmlHttp.status == 200) { var product = response.getElementsByTagName('product_line').SelectedIndex; // not sure where to go from here\t\t } } } } function popList() { var oXmlHttp = zXmlHttp.createRequest(); oXmlHttp.open("get","categories.xml",true); oXmlHttp.onreadystatechange = function () { if (oXmlHttp.readyState == 4) { if (oXmlHttp.status == 200) { var response = oXmlHttp.responseXML; var theIndex = 0; var manList = document.getElementById("products"); var o = new Option("Please Select a Category2","what ever"); manList.options.add(o,theIndex); var my_names = response.getElementsByTagName('category'); for(var i=0; i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Disclaimer Messages

I'm new to Javascript and could use a bit of advice. I''m looking for a simple way to call a Disclaimer message on a link outside our site.. ... I have tried using the confirm mesage but it still goes to the outside link when someone selects cancel. Can anyone share with me a simple script to do such a thing. link to another site .....shows disclaimer with option to continue to link or cancel and return to previous page.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Chained Select Assistance

Hi I managed to get the tutorial from the below link to work. http://www.blueicestudios.com/chained-select-boxes-using-php-mysql-ajax/comment-page-11/#comment-34199 I would love to know how to edit this script so as to get the first dropdown to populate an already existing dropdown without the loader image and without the hiding of any dropdowns. I would assume you only have to make changes to this section: $(document).ready(function() { $('#wait_1').hide(); $('#drop_1').change(function(){ $('#wait_1').show(); $('#result_1').hide(); $.get("func.php", { func: "drop_1", drop_var: $('#drop_1').val() }, function(response){ $('#result_1').fadeOut(); setTimeout("finishAjax('result_1', '"+escape(response)+"')", 400); }); return false; }); }); function finishAjax(id, response) { $('#wait_1').hide(); $('#'+id).html(unescape(response)); $('#'+id).fadeIn(); } Your assistance is greatly appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 28th November 2012
View Replies!

Change the src of an Iframe.

Hi ! I have the HTML source like this: And I tried to change the source of the iframe like this: document.frames.Content_IF.location.href = 'iframe.php'; or like this: document.Content_IF.location.href = 'iframe.php'; These 2 ways ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 30th November 2012
View Replies!

help with function

Hi people I need of a solution. There a select at my form Select... cardVisa card Mastercard card Diners card Amex I need to add the function that if select VISA if (valor_compra > 500.00) active only objDivNumParcVisa.style.display = 'block'; if select other cards if (valor_compra > 500.00) active only objDivNumParc.style.display = 'block'; I saw here at other topic will be more our less it\ts function testValue(selection) { if (selection.value == "Dawn") { ============================================================================================================ function validaParcelas(valor_compra) { if (valor_compra > 500.00) { onload objDivNumParcVisa.style.display = 'block'; objDivNumParc.style.display = 'block'; objDivNumParc03.style.display = 'none'; return(true); } else { objDivNumParcVisa.style.display = 'none'; objDivNumParc.style.display = 'none'; objDivNumParc03.style.display = 'block'; return(true); } } //--> This post has been edited by PsychoCoder: 02 June 2010 - 03:08 PM Reason for edit:: Code tags added
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd December 2012
View Replies!

Java mortgage calculator

Change Request #2 Requestor: Dwain Hammer - Billings, MT Write the program in Java (without a graphical user interface) and have it calculate the payment amount for 3 mortgage loans: - 7 year at 5.35% - 15 year at 5.5% - 30 year at 5.75% Use an array for the different loans. Display the mortgage payment amount for each loan can some body help with this i am lost here my first time in wrting a javascript program This post has been edited by PsychoCoder: 15 April 2010 - 08:35 AM Reason for edit:: Title edited to be more descriptive
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Who manages Javascript?

You know how php, java, mysql, they all have a project page and some sort of foundation that backs. Well who backs javascript I can never seem to find an official js site, one with all the classes/methods/properties, you can find what your looking for but i was wondering if there is some sort of foundation site to it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

disable right mouse clicking in javascript

how is it possible to disable right mouse clicking in javascript!! my library did it so i know it CAN be done...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Popup Window

I'm getting a syntax error and I don't know why. Any help would be much appreciated. Womens Mock Selection This post has been edited by stanimal123: 12 March 2009 - 04:24 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th December 2012
View Replies!

hangman

[/code][Code]/* * File: HangmanLexicon.java * ------------------------- * This file contains a stub implementation of the HangmanLexicon * class that you will reimplement for Part III of the assignment. */ import acm.util.*; public class HangmanLexicon { /** Returns the number of words in the lexicon. */ public int getWordCount() { return 10; } /** Returns the word at the specified index. */ public String getWord(int index) { switch (index) { case 0: return "BUOY"; case 1: return "COMPUTER"; case 2: return "CONNOISSEUR"; case 3: return "DEHYDRATE"; case 4: return "FUZZY"; case 5: return "HUBBUB"; case 6: return "KEYHOLE"; case 7: return "QUAGMIRE"; case 8: return "SLITHER"; case 9: return "ZIRCON"; default: throw new ErrorException("getWord: Illegal index"); } }; { 1. select a secret word at random from a list in the program 2. print out a row of dashes-one for each letter in the secret word 3. ask the user to guess a letter(if the user guesses a letter that is in the word, the word is redesplayed with all instances of the letter in the correct positions, along with any letters correctly guessed on previous turns). 4. If the letter does not appear in the word, the user is charged with an incorrect guess. 5. the user keeps guessing until either the user has correctly guessed all the letters or the user has made eight incorrect guesses. } public void run() { HangmanLexicon = new HangmanLexicon; selectSecretWord(); } private void selectSecretWord(){ for (int i =0; i < getWordCount(); i++) { String secretWord = rgen.str.getWord(i); } }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

design on line register form

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

AJAX

Please explain me about the ajax concept detailed
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javaScript - form validation

var FirstNameValid = false; var LastNameValid = false; var UserNameValid = false; var PasswordValid = false; var PhoneValid = false; var StrAddrsValid = false; var TownValid = false; var PostalCodeValid = false; var EmailAddrValid = false; var SecurityValid = false; var addr1 =""; var addr2 =""; var strAddr1; var strAddr2; var PetValid = 0; var ColorValid = 0; var MovieValid = 0; function checkSubmission() { if(!FirstNameValid) return checkFirstName(); else if(!LastNameValid) return checkLastName(); else if(!UserNameValid) return checkUserName(); else if(!PasswordValid) return checkPassword(); else if(!PhoneValid) return checkPhone(); else if(!StrAddrsValid) return checkStrAddrs(); else if(!TownValid) return checkTown(); else if(!PostalCodeValid) return checkPostalCode(); else if(!EmailAddrValid ) return checkEmailAddr(); else if(PetValid == 1 && ColorValid == 1 && MovieValid == 1) document.enroll.submit(); else if(PetValid == 1 && ColorValid == 1) document.enroll.submit(); else if(PetValid == 1 && MovieValid == 1) document.enroll.submit(); else if(ColorValid == 1 && MovieValid == 1)document.enroll.submit(); else return checkSecurityQuestions(); } function checkFirstName() { var firstName = document.getElementById("firstName").value; var fName = new String(firstName); if(fName.length < 2) { window.alert("You must enter a first name."); top.focus(); document.getElementById("firstName").focus(); FirstNameValid = false return; } FirstNameValid = true; } function checkLastName() { var lastName = document.getElementById("lastName").value; if(lastName.length < 2) { window.alert("You must enter a last name."); top.focus(); document.getElementById("lastName").focus(); LastNameValid = false; return; } LastNameValid = true; } function checkUserName(){ var userName = document.getElementById("userName").value; if(userName.length < 9) { window.alert("You must enter at least 9 character for your username."); top.focus(); document.getElementById("userName").focus(); UserNameValid = false; return; } UserNameValid = true; } function checkPassword() { var password = document.getElementById("password").value; if(password.length < 9) { window.alert("You must enter at least 9 character for your password."); top.focus(); document.getElementById("password").focus(); PasswordValid = false; return; } PasswordValid = true; } function checkPhone() { var phone = document.getElementById("phone").value; var ph = new String(phone); if(ph.length != 10) { window.alert("Your phone number must be 10 digits or characters."); top.focus(); document.getElementById("phone").focus(); PhoneValid = false; return; } PhoneValid = true; } function checkStrAddrs() { strAddr1 = document.getElementById("strAddr1").value; addr1 = new String(strAddr1); strAddr2 = document.getElementById("strAddr2").value; addr2 = new String(strAddr2); if(addr1.length < 2 && addr2.length < 2) { window.alert("You must enter at least one address."); top.focus(); document.getElementById("strAddr1").focus(); StrAddrsValid = false; return; } StrAddrsValid = true; } function checkTown() { var town = document.getElementById("town").value; var twn = new String(town); if(twn.length < 2) { window.alert("Your must enter a town."); top.focus(); document.getElementById("town").focus; TownValid = false; return; } TownValid = true; } function checkPostalCode() { var postalCode = document.getElementById("postalCode").value; var postCode = new String(postalCode); if(postCode.length != 5 && postCode.length != 6) { window.alert("Your must enter a valid postal code. 5 digits for U.S. 6 for Canada."); top.focus(); document.getElementById("postalCode").focus; PostalCodeValid = false; return; } PostalCodeValid = true; } function checkFirstPet() { PetValid = 0; var firstPet = document.getElementById("firstPet").value; var fPet = new String(firstPet); if(fPet.length > 1) { document.getElementById("favColor").focus; PetValid = 1; return; } } function checkFavColor() { ColorValid = 0; var favColor = document.getElementById("favColor").value; var fColor = new String(favColor); if(fColor.length > 1) { ColorValid = 1; document.getElementById("button").focus; return; } } function checkFavMovie() { MovieValid = 0; var favMovie = document.getElementById("favMovie").value; var fMovie = new String(favMovie); if(fMovie.length > 1) MovieValid = 1; return; } function checkSecurityQuestions() { if(PetValid == 0 && ColorValid == 0 && MovieValid == 0) { window.alert("You must answer 2 of the 3 security questions."); top.focus(); document.getElementById("firstPet").focus(); SecurityValid = false; return; } if(PetValid == 0 && ColorValid == 0) { window.alert("You must answer 2 of the 3 security questions."); top.focus(); document.getElementById("firstPet").focus(); SecurityValid = false; return; } if(PetValid == 0 && MovieValid == 0) { window.alert("You must answer 2 of the 3 security questions."); top.focus(); document.getElementById("firstPet").focus(); SecurityValid = false; return; } if(ColorValid == 0 && MovieValid == 0) { window.alert("You must answer 2 of the 3 security questions."); top.focus(); document.getElementById("favColor").focus(); SecurityValid = false; return; } SecurityValid = true; } function checkEmailAddr() { var emailAddr = document.getElementById("emailAddr").value; var eAddr = new String(emailAddr); if(eAddr.length < 6) { window.alert("You must enter an Email Address."); top.focus(); document.getElementById("emailAddr").focus(); EmailAddrValid = false; return; } EmailAddrValid = true; } Enroll Welcome Customer Entry Form Please enter your first name: (20 characters or less) Please enter your last name: (20 characters or less) Please enter a username: (at least 9 characters and no longer than 20) Please enter your password: (at least 9 characters and no longer than 20) Please enter your phone number: (10 numbers and/or characters) Please enter street address 1: (if you don't have one, enter your post office box) Please enter street address 2: (enter remainder of address here) (or second address(post office box)) Please enter your town: (20 characters or less) Please select your state/province: AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT DE DC FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NV NH NJ NM NY NC ND OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY AB BC MB NB NL NT NS NU ON PE QC SK YT Please enter your postal code: Please enter select your country: US CA Please enter your email address Please choose a subscription type: Annual Semi-Annual Monthly Annual Semi-Annual Monthly Annual Semi-Annual Monthly Please answer at least 2 of the following security questions. Please enter your first pet: (20 characters or less) Please enter your favorite color: (20 characters or less) Please enter your favorite movie: (20 characters or less) EDIT: Code blocks added This post has been edited by PsychoCoder: 30 May 2008 - 01:41 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Retaining the value of session object

Hi I have created two session objects on the html page which gets displayed after logging in.i have multiple radiobuttons on my html page.After selecting the radiobutton it toggles down and a box kind of thing opens which displays the data.so when we click the radiobutton form gets submitted and the page refreshes.....and hence the session object values are lost and it gives null. Can anyone tell me how to retain these values\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Onmouseover

all, thanks in advance for any help. I know this is probably a really dumb question, but I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for elsewhere. I need to put an onmouseover event for the submit button on a form: Head: Body: And this is the submit code: How do I get the onmouseover to work where the regular submit button jpg is Again, sorry for the dumb question.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Javascript Color & Text Change Searchform

, I am Ernie, the Auctioneer from Switzerland and I usually write and enhance PERL related Stuff like Auction Scripts. I use some Java Scripting to enhance my Pages, and I found a very nice little Java Script Search Setup wich changes colors and text when clicked on the buttons. Unfortunately, I have been spending hours on it to make it work with Mozilla/Firebird Browsers, but I had no luck. If no selection (other than the standard preset KEYWORD) has been done, I click on the search button and it works. If I change the selection to either USERNAME or ITEMNUMBER, Color changes and Searchtext changes also, BUT the Searchbutton does not work anymore. Using IE, I have no problem at all. Anybody may test it under: http://www.everyauct...in/s/auction.pl Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you Ernie Attached File(s) s.txt (4.08K) Number of downloads: 101
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

resize() - JavaScript Help

So basically I have certain elements that are positioned based on the size of their window and i'd use the resize handler to reposition those elements if the window size is changed.But what do I do if I want to bind the 'resize' handler to an elementthis wouldn't work $('html').resize(function() { // code }); I guess what I want to test is when the height of a specific element has changed
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

Stacking Images and revealing the bottom image - JavaScript Help

I have two identical sized images that I would like to work with. One image is in color, the other is in black and white. I need assistance on stacking the color image directly over the black and white image. After that, I would like to be able to remove sections of the top photo to reveal the image underneath.Can someone point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

A moving cursor responsive to scrolling - JavaScript Help

So here's a little useless decorative, but cool feature I imagine for my website.I want to build a simple website with only one page and a couple of paragraphs. There will be a floating vertical "navigation" on the side - only images, one for each paragraph (these will be linked to the paragraph and smoothscroll to it when clicked. I want to put some kind of indicator next to this navigation that will show where exactly on the page the user is - it will move along the images as the user scrolls. It would be awesome if the user could grab it and scroll the page with it, but that's not necessary.How I imagine it: the script first checks the height of the window it is displayed in (lets call this h). It divides the height of the navigation (it's probably a fix 400px) with h to get the ratio and it draws a line from the top of the navig to r and is ready to move as the user scrolls. It needs to work on smartphone browsers as well, so it should respond to changes in window size appropriately.The indicator should be just a simple "line" - a few pixels wide, preferably with rounded corners. Maybe a floating div element Is there such a thing out there for me to use, or do I need to program it myself It would be great if there was a jQuery plugin that could do this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

JQuery slideToggle - JavaScript Help

I have a funcytion which get the height of the div and I want this function to be running while the slidToggle effect is taking place, anyone have any ideas If I run it before it looks gittery, if I run with the callback function it looks jittery. This is the function taken out of the function and running at the callback. So ideally it should be a smooth transition with the div sliding down and the height of another div adjusting. $('.accordionHeader').click(function() { $(this).toggleClass('accordionHeaderActive'); $(this).next().slideToggle('slow', function(){ contentHeight = $(".content").outerHeight(); height = (contentHeight-500); //$("#adjuster").animate({"height" : height},"fast"); $("#adjuster").css('height', height); }); return false; }).next().hide();
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Animate then Change CSS - jQuery - JavaScript Help

How can I animate a function and then change the same properties with css\t Right now I am using....$('#wrapper').animate({ scrollTop: $("#arrow_down").offset().top, height: "600px", marginTop: 189 - doc_height + "px"}, 1000, 'easeInOutCirc', remove_btn_down());Then when the window resizes I want to adjust the margin but these margins keep conflicting and cause the screen to flicker. The animate margin is usually the more dominant force. $(window).resize(function() { window_height = $(window).height(); doc_height = $(document).height(); if($('#arrow_down').hasClass('arrow_up')){ var new_margin = 1171 - doc_height; $('#wrapper').css({marginTop: new_margin + "px"}); } });
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Script include stopping next button working - JavaScript Help

Hi i am trying to develop my registration page it is a combination of multistep (tabs) with real time validation which is sort of working ok, it validates on entry which is really good, however when i include the scriptJavascript / DHTML / AJAX Syntax (Toggle Plain Text) which is for the form validation, for some reason the next button for the tabs do not work, when i take it out the next buttons work but the form validation does not.Any ideas the code for the next button is at the bottom of the code below, the code for the validation is in a seperate file and is pretty big, so ask if you want me to include it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Onclick won't work at all? - JavaScript Help

function validateMe() { alert("hi!!"); var password = $('input#password').val(); alert(password); $.ajax( { type: "GET", url: "validation.phppassword="+ password, data: "password="+ password, function(data) { if(data = "yes") { $("#post").fadeIn(); $("#validate").hide(); } else { alert("Could not validate."); } } }); } Blog Entry Staff Password: Only staff can post blogs. Validate Me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

HTML5 Progress Bar. Fake?! - JavaScript Help

So i was looking around for an HTML 5 progress bar, figured i'd get some good use out of it and couldn't hurt to learn how.So after some googling here and there, the following script is really the one i found to be mostly used. window.onload = function() { var bar = document.getElementById("bar"), fallback = document.getElementById("fallback"), loaded = 0; var load = function() { loaded += 10; bar.value = loaded; /* The below will be visible if the progress tag is not supported */ $(fallback).empty().append("HTML5 progress tag not supported: " + loaded + "% loaded"); if(loaded == 100) { clearInterval(dummyLoad); } }; var dummyLoad = setInterval(function() { load(); } ,1000); } Here's my issue, unless i'm being javascript retarded... this "progress bar" is a fake. It doesnt actually load based on page content load it simply gets triggered onload and continues to do so at the setInterval untill it reaches 100 even if the page loaded in 1 second.So i guess my question is... is there an HTML 5 progress bar that truly represents the page loading or are we stuck with this fake just for the "look of it"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Onclick not working? - JavaScript Help

Ok here is my form:$sql = "SELECT storage.quantity, items.name, items.image, items.description, items.itemid FROM storage JOIN items USING(itemid) WHERE userid='".$_SESSION['userid']."' ORDER BY items.name LIMIT $offset, $rowsperpage"; $result = mysqli_query($cxn, $sql) or die(mysqli_error($cxn)); $imagecount = 0; $tableOutput = ""; while ($row = mysqli_fetch_assoc($result)) //while there are still results { $imagecount++; $quantity = $row['quantity']; $name = $row['name']; $image = $row['image']; $description = $row['description']; $itemid = $row['itemid']; //Create TD $tableOutput .= "\n"; $tableOutput .= "\n"; $tableOutput .= ""; $tableOutput .= $name."\n"; $tableOutput .= "".$description."\n"; $tableOutput .= "".$quantity."\n"; $tableOutput .= "\n"; $tableOutput .= "Remove 1\n"; $tableOutput .= "Remove \n"; $tableOutput .= "\n"; $tableOutput .= "\n"; } echo "\n"; echo "\n"; echo "\n"; echo "Item\n"; echo "Description\n"; echo "Quantity\n"; echo "Remove\n"; echo "\n"; echo $tableOutput; echo "\n"; echo "\n";Just ignore the PHP part of it. This is going through a while loop as you can see, but the function "removeOne()" and "remove()" has the itemid in the parantheses so the javascript can catch that value.But the problem is, that it's not even catching the function.One of the functions (removeOne) looks like this: $(document).ready(function() { function removeOne(n) { alert("hi"); $.ajax( { type: "GET", url: "storageprocess.phpitemid="+ n, data: "itemid="+ n, success: function() { alert("Item has been moved to inventory."); } }); } }); Just ignore the AJAX part. I put the alert("hi"); in the beginning to see if it's even catching the onclick and it's not. So I don't understand why the onclick isn't preparing the function..Can anyone help me here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Read config file on local machine? - JavaScript Help

Let me preface this with "I know next to nothing about Javascript, and usually can't even get a simple, pre-written JS function to run properly".What I'm trying to do is develop a series of HTML templates that provide pseudo-dynamic data on a local machine.For example, you could write a text file, name it "config.txt" and place it in the same directory as this template, zip it, and email it to me, and i open up the HTML file as a local file, and can view your content.Sample "config.txt" BACKCOLOR FFFFFF; TXTCOLOR 000000; :1: TXT " World! This is a page of text."; IMG picture.png; CLICK next [2]; :2: TXT "This is page 2."; IMG picture2.png; CLICK back [1]; CLICK next [3]; I guess it is like Powerpoint meets batch files or QBASIC. I know it's a lot of work for something really silly, and if there's an easier way to do it, by all means - let me know. Javascript is just the only client-side script I know of, and I'm even worse at Flash (IIRC, it has this capability with XML files).The question is, can you (how do you...) import this file with Javascript, parse it, and somehow make the browser know which content to load. My hopes are to do something like PHP does:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Has anyone used easy video player? - JavaScript Help

http://www.easyvideo...er.com/evp-2.0/Has anyone used this video player Does it come with an jquery api similar to FlowPlayerI would think so since evp is based on FlowPlayer. I am trying to do simple things like dynamically load a video from a link
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

JQuery hidden adjacent div issue - JavaScript Help

, I am just starting to get into jQuery and I have run into a problem that is annoying the hell out of me. I have a menu with all the main options for the site. However, this site is part of a large network; so I need to include an option for the global nav for the network. The current menu for the site is so: Home About Archives Contact Subscribe to RSS I didn't write this page, just going in to add the global nav. Anyway, I modified the menu as such and added the following under it: +/- Home About Archives Contact Subscribe to RSS writeTopGlobal_transition(); writeBotGlobal_transition(); $(function() { $('.hiddenNav').hover(function() { $('.globalNav').show(); }); $('.globalNav').hover(function() {}, function() { $('.globalNav').hide() }); }); The two functions in hidden div basically do a document.write of the global nav (which is fairly extensive). Anyway, here is my issue. As you can probably guess with my code I want the global nav to appear when a user hovers over the "+/-" link in the main menu. Then I need it to stay active as long as they are over it. Currently, this works fine. The global nav goes away when they move their mouse off of it. However, during testing I noticed my issue. If you just hover over the "+/-" and never go to the global nav section it stays open. I need it to act much like a drop down in that if the user hovers over the "+/-" the nav shows up and if they move it goes away....unless they move to the nav where it should stay up until they move off of it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

jQuery - disable event - JavaScript Help

Is it possible to disable jQuery event by click link or somethingfor example//some event $('div#somediv').hover( $('body').css("background","#b7d921"); ); $('body').click( );
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

duplicate form help - JavaScript Help

i have a form that i'd like to duplicate on the press of a button echo " Add Noun ";How do i duplicate this form every time i press Add form buttonSo it lists multiple forms.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

js novice needs help consolidating simple (but long) script - JavaScript Help

i know VERY little of js - but i'm SURE this could be consolidated (it works fine, it's just a little obtuse, i think): var dr=new Array(); dr=document.getElementsByName("drink[]"); var dri=-1; for(i=0;i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Drop down list onclick - JavaScript Help

Need help doing this. On a drop down list, onclick of an option an input textfield appears.e.g.echo " What is your opinion on "; echo ""; i want it to be hidden and then appear onclick of the option in the dropdown list... How do i do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

how to combine a text filed with dropdown menu ? - JavaScript Help

how to combine a text filed with dropdown menu inside a search option maybe using jquery etci see the option something similar at ehow.com where user and type search query and then select from which category. what i exactly want is the names of category etc do not show only the dropdown icon shows inside the text field.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

How to change text input name with radio buttons? - JavaScript Help

Here is the text input box:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

finding something in an array - JavaScript Help

From a little hunting around I found this (no, not from W3): var TMS_evt_names = [""]; function chkEvent(i) { choice = document.getElementById("evt"+i).value.toUpperCase(); alert("in chkevent with "+choice); idx = TMS_evt_names.indexOf(choice); if (idx < 0) { alert("invalid event"); return false; } else { alert("found "+TMS_evt_names[choice]); return true; } } The array in the first line is being built, since I can see it in my browser.My problem is - when I run it and the function is called, IE tells me the the line with the indexof reference "doesn't support this property of method". I do note that in most examples using indexOf that the arg is a string constant, rather than a variable. How do I get the variable to work in this instance. I already tried using "indexOf(choice.value)" but that didn't work either.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Need to use jQuery to validate form inputs - JavaScript Help

As the topic states, I'm trying to validate form inputs using jQuery. \tThe input field in question is a text field, with id "input_zip". It is supposed to validate US zip codes. The success or error message needs to be printed in a div with id "zip_error".\tregister_error and "register_success" are css classes which represent the style for the message that would be printed in "zip_error" div if the input doesn't and does match respectively. So here is the code.\tNeedless saying that it doesn't work and since this is my first attempt to write such code, I'm at a total loss. I'm not sure if it is the matching pattern that is wrong or if the entire algorithm is wrong. I used alerts instead of printing out text in "zip_error" div, to no avail. //Validate registration inputs $(document).ready(function() { $("#input_zip").keydown(function(){ var zip_value = $(this).val(); var zip_pattern = "^([0-9]{5})$"; if(!zip_patten.match(zip_value)) { //If the current value doesn't match accepted pattern $("#zip_error").html("Enter a valid zip code"); } else {$("#zip_error").html("Valid zip"); } }); });
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

simple code, but something is missing - JavaScript Help

While trying to run very simple code of javascript from within PHP, it runs when the code is:My header ; alert('here I am');
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

Dropdown/Select Box - JavaScript Help

,I have a form written in PHP that includes a select box. The select box allows the user to select multiple jobs (parent and child).The user now wants to be able to select the parent job and a screen pop-ups to allow them to select specific child jobs that are within the parent job. After the selections, they are able to submit the form and continue...I'm assuming that javascript is the only way for this to work.Is this possible
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

HTML/ Javascript IE Help - JavaScript Help

So I basically been using my Firefox browser as the browser for my website but when my buddy loaded the website, IE has many flaws on it. Using this code works on Firefox but on IE it just sits there and looks pretty. Can anyone help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how can i make this script toogly wen click anywere on the page ? - JavaScript Help

hi every one i have ascript that wen clik show a div , wen click again (just on the same place were clicked before) the div hide .i want to make it wen click anywere on the page hide this div .this is the script : $(document).ready(function(){ $("#dropmenu").click(function(e) { e.preventDefault(); if ($("#menupobout").is(":visible")) { $("#menupobout").hide(); } else { $("#menupobout").show(); } }); }); the div : '.avatar($client,80).' '.url('u/'.$client['username'],$client['username']).' '.url('u/'.$client['username'],t(my page)).' and this is the css style :#menustyle ul { background-color: #FFFFFF; border-bottom: 2px solid #2D4486; border-left: 1px solid #333333; border-right: 1px solid #333333; border-top: 1px solid #333333; margin-right: 5px; margin-top: -1px; min-width: 200px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 0; padding-right: 12px; padding-top: 10px; position: absolute; /* right: 0; */ /* top: 100%;*/ right: 5px; z-index: 1; display: none; text-align: right; } #menustyle ul a, #menustyle ul a:visited { color: #4366AD; font-weight: normal; text-align: right; } #menustyle li { display: block; float: none; } #menustyleavatar { border-bottom: 1px solid #E0E0E0; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 4px; margin-right: 4px; min-height: 55px; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 14px; padding-right: 0px; padding-top: 0; position: relative; } i hop any one help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why wont return false disable enter? - JavaScript Help

I am trying to disable the user from being able to go to a new line in my text area. Why doesn't return false work if (is_key(event, 13) && (with_field.value.length > 1)){ var search_list_ele_array = new Array(); var search_list_ele_array = document.getElementById('with_auto').getElementsByTagName('li'); for (j=0; j
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Validation for form thingy - JavaScript Help

new to Javascript. This is supposed to be a validation script so that people will have to fill out all fields before they submit the form. When I upload this to server to my site. it isn't working. Any ideas Your Car Report | Kansas Vehicles | Nebraska Autos | Missouri Title Info | Iowa Car body { background-image: url(images/images/bluebg.jpg); } #header { background-color: #CCC; height: 500px; width: 600px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 500px; margin-bottom: 800px; margin-left: 501px; } #LOGO { height: 98px; width: 232px; margin-top: 200px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-right: 0px; float: left; background-color: transparent; } #background { background-color: transparent; margin: height: 900px; width: 1400px; } #leftsidebar { background-color: transparent; height: 600px; width: 1400px; margin-top: 200px; margin-right: 500px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-left: 125px; } #leftfloat { margin: 0px; float: left; height: 590px; width: 300px; } #middlefloat { float: left; margin: 0px; height: 500px; width: 700px; background-color: #fff; } #background { } #logo { float: right; height: 98px; width: 232px; padding-right: 20px; } #middle { margin: auto; height: 465px; width: 650px; margin-top: 20px; background-color: #657489; background-image: url(images/images/mediumbkgd.png); } #about { background-color: transparent; margin: 0px; float: right; height: 488px; width: 250px; padding-right: 20px; padding-top: 50px; } #rightinfo { margin: 0px; float: left; height: 360px; width: 309px; }      First Name     Last Name             Address       State Choose State Iowa Kansas Missouri Nebraska Oklahoma        Phone                        Email      VIN #                                                                                                                                                    var frmvalidator = new Validator("form1"); frmvalidator.addValidation("f_name","req","Please enter your First Name"); frmvalidator.addValidation("f_name","maxlen=20", "Max length for FirstName is 20"); frmvalidator.addValidation("l_name","req"); frmvalidator.addValidation("l_name","maxlen=20"); frmvalidator.addValidation("add","maxlen=45") frmvalidator.addValidation("phone","maxlen=12"); frmvalidator.addValidation("phone","numeric"); frmvalidator.addValidation("email","maxlen=50"); frmvalidator.addValidation("email","req"); frmvalidator.addValidation("email","email"); frmvalidator.addValidation("vin","maxlen=17"); frmvalidator.addValidation("vin","req");  
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

PHP and List Box Help!!!! - JavaScript Help

hello I am a newbies in php and I need your kind help...The syntax below will output a 12 listbox...what I want is I will add one listbox for the user option.. It means:If user will select 1 - it will show only 1 listbox instead of 12If user will select 2 - it will show only 2 listbox instead of 12If user will select 3 - it will show only 3 listbox instead of 12If user will select 4 - it will show only 4 listbox instead of 12...........so on and so forth...Can anyone help me 201120122013201420152016 010203040506070809101112         6. 201120122013201420152016 010203040506070809101112 2. 201120122013201420152016 010203040506070809101112         7. 201120122013201420152016 010203040506070809101112 3. 201120122013201420152016 010203040506070809101112         8. 201120122013201420152016 010203040506070809101112
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

PHP to Javascript - JavaScript Help

I want to use javascript to check the "username" field in my registration form to see if the username already exists in the database, WITHOUT refreshing the page.I was wondering if this is at all possibleHere's the php code I have for it now...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

multiple div refresh - JavaScript Help

Below is the scriptfunction refreshflag(){var totalx=document.getElementById("totaluser").value;var spx=totalx.split(";");if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {// code for IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari xmlhttp=new XMLHttpRequest(); }else {// code for IE6, IE5 xmlhttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); }for(i=0;i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Javascript/ajax auto logout mechanism - JavaScript Help

I have coded a site architecture that creates a file when a client contacts the site. It is created as a php script so values can be retrieved withinclude() or require(). My problem is detecting when the client has left the site so the file associated with the client can be deleted, or movedto an archive.I have done this with the use of a frameset file that displays all the site content. THe frameset has an unload event hancller and ajax is usedto advise the server that the site has been left. (the idea is that the frameset is loaded as long as the user is in the site, and would onlydetect unload if the user navigates out of the site)But I need access to location field, or bookmark information, and the 'home' button in browsers. I don't know if this is possible. I have beentesting with a simple alert onunload. This alert will not run if I use a bookmark or the 'home' button in Firefox (and I presume that appliesto all or most other browsers. I am aware of the location object, but in the situation, it does not seem to represent what the user has typedinto the location field.I have done tons of php and javascript; I just need a reference to answers to question about bookmarks and other location related browserfunctions. Otherwise I will have to manually delete accumulated client tracking files-- and wonder which ones represent active clients
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

show certain text when a select field is selected - JavaScript Help

Error/Bug Abuse towards Staff Porn Racism PiratcyMessages shownif value is Error/Bug show messageAn error or bug is when something is not quite right.if value is Abuse towards Staff show messageAbuse towards Staff is where another members has said something that was not needed towards a staff member.etc... But i want it to show when they slect it and not when they change page. So it have to change instantly without refreshing the page.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!