controlling a form in an iframe with javascript - JavaScript Help

I'm presuming i have to use javascript, but anytyhing will do to get the job done!

I have a site which has an affiliate form and i need to pass data into it using javascript. I've set up a test button (the link 'tester') which should send xxxx into the firstname field. But, as you may have guessed im here for a reason and it doesnt :)

http://www.budgetins...ance-quote.html

Could someone have a look and give me a hand

The code on the link is:
tester
Posted On: Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 12:39:56 AM Total Views:  358
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF JavaScript PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Compare 2 arrays

I have 2 arrays and I would like to compare the 2 arrays. If an element in array 1 is NOT in array 2 then I would like to display that element. In this case, I should only display the letter "c" but it doesn't work and I don't know why\t Here's my code: function getValue(id){ var x=new Array("a","b","c","d","e"); var y=new Array("a","b","3","d","e"); var str=""; for (var i=0; i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd December 2012
View Replies!

object error - creating a new property

hello everybody I am doing javascript from a book called "Prentice Hall(which sounds very masonic) : Javascript by example". my question is this. I am doing an practice dealing with "defining methods for an object" now i used this code verbatim /* Demonstrate how the constructor creates the objects and assigns properties*/ function distance(r,t){ // define the object this.rate = r; // Assigning properties this.time = t; } function calc_distance(){ return this.rate * this.time; // define a function that will be used as a method } var speed = eval(prompt("What was your speed(miles per hour)" ,"")); var elapsed = eval(prompt("How long did the trip take(hours)", "")); var howfar = new distance(speed, elapsed);// call the constructor howfar.distance = calc_distance(); // create a new property (This is where the error is and the message is below) var d = howfar.distance(); //Invoke method alert("The distance is " + d + " miles."); Error Code in these browsers: In Firefox : howfar.distance is not a function In Google Chrome: Uncaught TypeError Property 'distance' of # is not a function I did this code in the book exactly. I am just trying to warp my head around this and want to understand how is this an error when it is just the crating a new property. Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Adding data to current page and removing old data

hey ! I'm curious about something.... As we all know, i've been learning a lot about jscript and PHP while i've been building my site...now I'm curious about using a little ajax... I have an internal email setup on my site where users can contact one-another...when you click on Inbox, Sent, Drafts, ect it calls a php script and reloads the page. I'm considering for my next release, doing this with jscript but my question is this... When I print info to the page that i'm on, how hard is it to get rid of the old data that was there This might be the easiest thing in the world but i don't even know what to call this on google.. Also, if that's the norm, how hard is it to add data to a page with out getting rid of whats already there I hope this makes sense...i've been reading about ajax and I've been using jscripts to check my forms and do simple things but I'm really interested in learning what I really have the power to do here... As always,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

onMouseOver and onMouseOut

Ok what im trying to do is, when mouseover, it loads the right content, and then displays it in another div. And then on mouseout it should go away. I suck at explaining, so if you dont understand please ask. The html //This div is the one that displays the selected data //This div is the one that displays onmouseout Hovered Weapon Details //This is where the mouse events are triggered "; } > here is the javascript function letWeapon(mouseStat) { highlighted = document.getElementById("statsShow"); unHighlighted = document.getElementById("statsOff"); highlighted.style.display="none"; unHighlighted.style.display=""; } var xmlhttp function getWeapon(id) { highlighted = document.getElementById("statsShow"); unHighlighted = document.getElementById("statsOff"); highlighted.style.display=""; unHighlighted.style.display="none"; if (id.length==0) { document.getElementById("statsShow").innerHTML=""; return; } xmlhttp=GetXmlHttpObject(); if (xmlhttp==null) { alert ("Your browser does not support XMLHTTP!"); return; } var url="test.php"; url=url+"id="+id; url=url+"&sidd="+Math.random(); xmlhttp.onreadystatechange=stateChanged; xmlhttp.open("GET",url,true); xmlhttp.send(null); function stateChanged() { if (xmlhttp.readyState==4) { document.getElementById("statsShow").innerHTML=xmlhttp.responseText; } } function GetXmlHttpObject() { if (window.XMLHttpRequest) { // code for IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari return new XMLHttpRequest(); } if (window.ActiveXObject) { // code for IE6, IE5 return new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); } return null; } } I have no clue why it isn't working, i've tried like 3 or 4 different ways of doing this, and came up empty on all attempts, but this is the simplest, most used way(atleast that ive seen), of doing it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Hangman Game problem

In this game i have the letters as images and they are listed at the top in two rows. This is the code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

String Split

I need to be able to split a large string into chuncks of roughly 1000 characters. My problem is the string may contain HTML markup. In some cases the 1000 character is in the middle of the HTML tag and then this causes some issues later on in my code. eg. message 1. this is bold text Does anyone have any code snippets which may help me out Here is what i have so far ... getMessages: function(msg){ var messages = []; var maxLength = 1000; if(msg.length maxLength){ messages.push(msg.substr(0,maxLength)); msg = msg.substr(maxLength,msg.length) } messages.push(msg); return messages; } }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javascript Incorrect RHS Data Type

What happens if the right hand side data type is incorrect This post has been edited by dbrine: 18 October 2009 - 07:07 AM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Test if JS is enabled.

I'm supposed to take a bunch of browser information & display it in the web page. I've found some resources to show me how to display the browser information (w3schools helped with that). Now I need to show if Javascript is enabled in the users computer. If someone could just point me to a site that shows how to do that, it would probably be better than just telling me. Here's what I have so far (I know I don't really need the variables, but the instructor wants us to use them as frequently as we can): var browser=navigator.appName; var b_version=navigator.appVersion; var platform=navigator.platform; var version=parseFloat(b_version); document.write("Browser name: "+ browser); document.write(""); document.write("Browser version: "+ version); document.write(""); document.write("Platform: " + platform); document.write(""); document.write("Is java enabled: "+ );
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

My Script is broken

If anyone could help me figure out what is wrong, id be grateful, this is mind boggling and to say the least, stressful. TEST function CreateWindow(x, y, dx, dy, path, name) { var tx = dx+6; var ty = dy+2; var sx = dx+x-60; document.write('
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th December 2012
View Replies!

Probel with if statement

Hi , I am new at learning Java. I really need your help. Actually, I know it is easy for most of you, but I just really lost, can not figure that out. I am supposed to write a code which The program asks the user to enter two integers. Then it asks three questions: what's the product of the two integers, what's the quotient of the two integers, and what's the remainder of the division of the two integers. It inputs the answers to each of the question from the user, tells the user whether the answer was correct or worng, and finally prints a message that depends on how many correct answers the user provided. I did the beginning, but I can not see the logic of if statements. The program supposed to say wrong or write in accordance with the users' answer. I can not provide wrong or right. How can I fix it Thank you so much import java.util.Scanner; public class attempt2 { /** * @param args */ public static void main(String[] args) { System.out.println("Please enter an integer: "); Scanner in=new Scanner(System.in); int a= in.nextInt(); System.out.println("Please enter another integer: "); int b=in.nextInt(); System.out.println(" Answer the following questions: "); System.out.println(a+ "*" + b +"="); int score1; score1=a*b; score1=in.nextInt(); if(score1!=true) { System.out.println("True!"); } else{ System.out.println("Wrong!"); } } } Mod edit - Please This post has been edited by pbl: 10 July 2009 - 03:34 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Textarea editor

I got this script from DreamInCode that has a textarea with an editor for Bold, Italic and Underline buttons that change the appearance of what is in the textarea. If I highlight a word in the textarea and hit the Bold, Italic and Underline buttons it changes the appearance of the word. Everything works great and now I want to add a color button and Link button. The color button should change the word color and the link button should make the word into a link. Both buttons are not working. Please advise what I am doing wrong and how to make them work #btnB{ font-weight: bolder; } #btnI{ font-style: italic; } #btnU{ text-decoration: underline; } #btnC{ font-color: red; } #btnLink{ A:active; } var obj; function Init(){ obj = document.getElementById("rte"); obj.contentwindow.document.designMode = "On"; } function RTEDo(name){ obj.contentwindow.document.execCommand(name, false, null); } This post has been edited by kensington: 30 June 2009 - 01:32 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

change output with menu choice selection

I have not been able to get this output change when the drop down menu choice changes. I have looked at numerous examples but I can't find one that has this simple output change. What am I missing -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Javascript /*lgt blue background with the drop down menu to drive textual decode for chosen*/ choice1 choice2 choice3 /*decode for various cases for choice. This is the section I need help with. I want the text to change when a chnge is made from the drop down menu*/ var choice = name(); option value=choice.getname(); switch (option value) { case choice1: document.write(" choice1 you have selected number 1 "); break; case choice2: document.write("number 2 is choice for you"); break; case choice3: document.write("your choice is 3"); break; case 0: document.write("please make a selection"); break; default: document.write("I'm really looking forward to this weekend!"); } This post has been edited by jade 11: 29 April 2009 - 12:17 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Questions about JavaScript

Can Javascript be used to create an MMORPG If so, how can it help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Checkerboard Patterns by using Js

Hi every body, My question is : I've to create a checkerboard type pattern out of asterix. So I've a line of 8 asterix ("* ") and a space between them (" "). Then it goes to the next row which is indented to make the checkboard effect. I want the result to be like this: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * by using while structure and only three statements which are: document.write( "* "); document.write( " " ); document.writeln(); In fact I get inly one row so what can I add to get the other rows\t Here is my code: [code] Preincrementing and Postincrementing [code] Thank you alot.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Rich Text Editor Help

Hi! So here is my issue. I have a rich text editor for sending messages to people on this new system I am making. My issue is that I want to have the javascript write the pure html into a hidden input so I can process it through my already written PHP code. Here is what I have going: From To:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Summing from arrays based on data values

var readerNameArray = ['ly-44', 'mr-7', 'rs-14', 'al-15', 'pn-44', 'wk-46']; var statusArray = ['s', 's', 'rs-14', 'rs-14', 's', 's', 's', 'ly-44', 's', 's', 's', 'rs-14', 'ly-44', 's', 's', 'rs-14', 'mr-7','s', 's', 's', 's']; var dueArray = ['s', 's', 345, 137, 's', 's', 's', 181, 's', 's', 's', 131, 284, 's', 's', 56, 315,'s', 's', 's']; var replacementCostArray = [10.99, 3.87, 5.99, 11.99, 15.45, 3.99, 250.0, 58.70, 4.99, 9.99, 7.99, 7.99, 12.50, 75.0, 3.45, 15.0, 12.99, 5.50, 7.99, 6.99]; I have the functions to calculate a books cost etc Question: Given a user from the readerNameArray how is it possible to sum up calculated values from the arrays based on a book due date and cost. My function looks like this however it does not work. function showFines() { var DaysOverDue = 0; var FineCost = 0; var TotalFineCost = 0; var ReaderName = 'test'; document.write(''+ '========================='); document.write('' + 'Administrator interfaces - Showing fines' + ''); for (i = 0; i < readerNameArray.length; i = i + 1) // Loop over the readers array { ReaderName = readerNameArray[i]; for (var count = 0; count < bookArray.length; count = count + 1) { DateDue = dueArray[count]; // Get the Date as an integer the book is due. OnLoan = statusArray[count]; // Get the 's or readerID for the given book DaysOverDue = daysOverdue(DateDue); if (OnLoan == ReaderName && DaysOverDue >= 1) // I think this is the problem !! { FineCost = LevyFine(count, DaysOverDue); TotalFineCost = TotalFineCost + FineCost document.write('' + '4th Reader ' + ReaderName + ' is fined ' + Total FineCost); } } } Hope someone can help being trying to find a solution for over 4 hours now....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using While Loops inside JavaScript

Help please. I need to create a page that prompts a user to enter a starting number and an ending number. I need to use a loop that displays all the numbers between the starting number and the ending number. For example, if the user entered 5 as the starting number and 9 as the ending number, the output would look like this: 5 6 7 8 9 This post has been edited by saa06: 29 April 2008 - 08:45 AM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Average

Hi im fairly new with javascript and im trying to work out how to get a average of 2 numbers minimum and maximum tempretures but within a if statement once entered correct will display the average but if the minimum is higher than the maximum it will display "enter correct minimum" i have started puting it together but im stuck with including the if statement javascript does my head in, please help! i only have a small amount of code done already but if you can help id appreciate it so much ! Brett Var firstValue, secondValue, answer; firstValue = window.prompt('Enter number 1', ' '); firstValue = parseFloat(firstValue); secondValue = window .prompt('Enter number 2', ' '); secondValue = ParseFloat(secondValue); Result = firstValue+secondValue /2; document.write 'The average of' firstValue and secondValue 'is' answer);
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

web development

Sales Pay This post has been edited by PsychoCoder: 17 March 2008 - 07:50 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Passing form values to new window

I'm trying to figure out how to pass selected values from a form to a page (both pages are ASP) in a new window via the URL. My form uses radio buttons as a means to make a selection: Option1 Option2 Option3 Option4 So that my URL would look something like this: http://www.mywebsite...t.aspu_input=A Any ideas on how to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

CSS/DIV?Javascript

Hi I am trying to give link in the same page. Please send me the code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Stop YouTube video when closing div - JavaScript Help

, I am using a hide/show system which is displaying youtube videos. I would like the youtube video to STOP whenever the div is closed.How do I do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

Need a good source or a good tutorial on how to do page load data jquery. - JavaScript Help

I have looked up on the web for some good tutorials, so I haven't really found any "SIMPLE ONES". I'm looking for a good simple tutorial on how to make your page continue and continually load data when you scroll down the page. Will need ajax to pull some data from the database. I looked at 9Lessions tutorial on page load data jquery, but it's pretty complex. I tried to make it work in an example and it didn't work. But, all I'm looking for is a very simple tutorial on how to make a page load data jquery.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

A moving cursor responsive to scrolling - JavaScript Help

So here's a little useless decorative, but cool feature I imagine for my website.I want to build a simple website with only one page and a couple of paragraphs. There will be a floating vertical "navigation" on the side - only images, one for each paragraph (these will be linked to the paragraph and smoothscroll to it when clicked. I want to put some kind of indicator next to this navigation that will show where exactly on the page the user is - it will move along the images as the user scrolls. It would be awesome if the user could grab it and scroll the page with it, but that's not necessary.How I imagine it: the script first checks the height of the window it is displayed in (lets call this h). It divides the height of the navigation (it's probably a fix 400px) with h to get the ratio and it draws a line from the top of the navig to r and is ready to move as the user scrolls. It needs to work on smartphone browsers as well, so it should respond to changes in window size appropriately.The indicator should be just a simple "line" - a few pixels wide, preferably with rounded corners. Maybe a floating div element Is there such a thing out there for me to use, or do I need to program it myself It would be great if there was a jQuery plugin that could do this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Script include stopping next button working - JavaScript Help

Hi i am trying to develop my registration page it is a combination of multistep (tabs) with real time validation which is sort of working ok, it validates on entry which is really good, however when i include the scriptJavascript / DHTML / AJAX Syntax (Toggle Plain Text) which is for the form validation, for some reason the next button for the tabs do not work, when i take it out the next buttons work but the form validation does not.Any ideas the code for the next button is at the bottom of the code below, the code for the validation is in a seperate file and is pretty big, so ask if you want me to include it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

PHP / Javascript... Simple Question Really.. - JavaScript Help

bump. BUMP BUMP BUMP.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I Need A Little With This Browser Scroll Position Script! - JavaScript Help

Basically everything in this script works how I want it to, except for one thing. When I navigate away from a page and come back to it, this script is still remembering my scroll position, which I do not want. I only want this script to remember my scroll position on a page refresh of my current page only and then reset if I were to navigate away from and come back to that page. How would I go about modifying this script to work how I want it to
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Change a value then reload the page - JavaScript Help

Newbie to Java so please be gentle :shy:I am programming a game where you have the ability to change which character you are; unfortunately when you change character the page doesn't always go back to exactly where you were (for example if you were on page 'town.phpbuilding=hospital' then you would goto 'town.php').Is there a Javascript method of simply changing a value (only one value needs to change) and then reloading the page.I have tried this with PHP but seem to come up short :-[James
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

preloading quicktime movies. - JavaScript Help

is there any way to preload quicktime media before the user decides to view it.i know for images i can do this:var images = new Image;images.src = 'location.gif';can you do that for other media as well\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!

Javascript Memory Game - JavaScript Help

Hi everybody,I've added a memory game to my site. The game has 6 rows, and 5 columns (30 cards), and I was wondering if someone could fix the script so it has 5 rows and 6 colums.I'm not sure which script controls it, so here's them both:document.write('');for (var a = 0; a
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!

Drop down list onclick - JavaScript Help

Need help doing this. On a drop down list, onclick of an option an input textfield appears.e.g.echo " What is your opinion on "; echo ""; i want it to be hidden and then appear onclick of the option in the dropdown list... How do i do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Trouble passing variables to popup from php while loop - JavaScript Help

I have a while loop that displays all files associated with a project that display in a table. A project can have one file or 100 associated. I want to use a button to open those files in a popup. My problem is that all the buttons, open the same file instead of their respective files, which is the first file displayed(the variables passed to the popup never change). If I do use a simple link (href) in the php code, I can open the correct file, but it doesn't display in a popup, it opens in the same window which is a problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use a link or button to open the correct files in a popup Below is my code: While(list($date, $filename, $title) = mysql_fetch_array($resultd)) { echo "\n". "$date\n". "$title\n". "$filename\n". "\n"; >
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

returning a value - JavaScript Help

Hi !Passing values within a function or outside a function has always been a problem for me (to understand). Here's what I need help with. I have the following function that should return a value. Just as an fyi... I'm creating a jQuery mobile application (not that it matters for this problem).So I would like to use the value that is returned in another function but can't seem to get at it. If I alert the value inside the for loop it's fine and I get a value. So I know the value does exist.So somewhere else on the page I'm calling alert(getSaleman()); ... the alert returns undefined\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Really Simple Calculator Problems - JavaScript Help

,I'm a PHP coder, but my client is getting me out of my comfort zone by doing a bit of javascript. I've got basic functionality set up, but I'm just coming across one issue. The thing they want is a simple percentage calculator, where someone enters a value, a percentage and the site then performs calculations based on these values.It's all working fine, except when you actually physically write a percentage sign. I'm looking for some way of stripping out percentage signs. I tried the replace() function, but that just stopped the calculator working. Any advice appreciated, here's my code:function calculate() { a=Number(document.getElementById("edit-gpcalculatorcost").value); b=Number(document.getElementById("edit-gpcalculatorpercentage").value); b3=b; b2=b3/100; c=a/(1-b2); c2=Math.round(c*100)/100; c3=c2*1.2; c4=Math.round(c3*100)/100; document.getElementById("edit-gpcalculatortotal").value=c4; }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

Can't get preventDefault() to work - JavaScript Help

Trying to familiarize myself with the preventDefault() event. Created a simple page so that when clicking on a url link, it displays a pop up box instead of, by default, opening up the website.When clicking on the link, it still opens the website. I tried using onmouseover instead of onclick and got errors:http://goken68.brink...entDefault.htmlCode: function urlClick(evt) { evt.preventDefault(); alert("You do not have access rights to that website!"); } Click on the link below to see preventDefault() in action: Go to Website
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
View Replies!

How to do popup like this - JavaScript Help

I like to use this type of popup to show iportant message, commercial... Attached Files 17150_.png \t228K \t7 downloads
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013
View Replies!

JS/Jquery while loop crashing browser - why? - JavaScript Help

Hi GuysTrying to write a while loop to do validate a form. However when i came to testnig out a simple while loop it keeps crashing the browser and i'm not sure why. When i say 'crashes' the browser just endless appears to be loading and i can't refresh the page. Any ideas what is wrong with the following $(document).ready(function () { var i = 0; while(i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Refresh parent page on child page close with a twist... - JavaScript Help

i have a parent window that on a php event will open a new child window. This child window is used over various pages and then navigates back to the original page in the child window and thats the problem. Ive got it working so that indeed the parent window does refresh but everytime i use the child window to navigate to another page. I need to be able to do the stuff on the pages in the child window and then go back to the same start page in the child window and close and refersh. Im probably not making much sense..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

NIC EDIT help - JavaScript Help

i am using nic edit on my text area which all is working expect for when i use the add link buttonwhen i add a link it just displays javascript:nicTemp(); and not the link i think this is part of there code that does not work they havent made it eazy to read var nicLinkButton=nicEditorAdvancedButton.extend({addPane:function(){this.ln=this.ne.selectedInstance.selElm().parentTag("A");this.addForm({"":{type:"title",txt:"Add/Edit Link"},href:{type:"text",txt:"URL",value:"http://",style:{width:"150px"}},title:{type:"text",txt:"Title"},target:{type:"select",txt:"Open In",options:{"":"Current Window",_blank:"New Window"},style:{width:"100px"}}},this.ln)},submit:function(C){var A=this.inputs.href.value;if(A=="http://"||A==""){alert("You must enter a URL to Create a Link");return false}this.removePane();if(!this.ln){var B="javascript:nicTemp();";this.ne.nicCommand("createlink",B);this.ln=this.findElm("A","href",B)}if(this.ln){this.ln.setAttributes({href:this.inputs.href.value,title:this.inputs.title.value,target:this.inputs.target.options[this.inputs.target.selectedIndex].value})}}});nicEditors.registerPlugin(nicPlugin,nicLinkOptions);
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Include javascript - JavaScript Help

Im trying to include javascript inside javascript but not working for some reasonpage.html function find() { var head= document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]; var script= document.createElement('script'); script.type= 'text/javascript'; script.src= 'http://site.com/find.js'; script.onreadystatechange = callback; script.onload = callback head.appendChild(script); }; and in find.jsdocument.getElementById("results").innerHTML ="";
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

javascript null error - JavaScript Help

why i am getting b is null error createelement var b = document.getElementById('clickme'), count = 0; b.onclick = function () { count += 1; b.innerHTML = "Click me: " + count; }; click me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Smooth scrolling with setTimeout - JavaScript Help

This works: var startTime = 5000; var timer1 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 2;", startTime + 25); var timer1 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 3;", startTime + 50); var timer1 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 5;", startTime + 75); var timer2 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 10;", startTime + 100); var timer3 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 15;", startTime + 125); var timer4 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 20;", startTime + 150); var timer4 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 25;", startTime + 175); var timer4 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 30;", startTime + 200); var timer4 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 25;", startTime + 225); var timer4 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 20;", startTime + 250); var timer5 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 15;", startTime + 275); var timer6 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 10;", startTime + 300); var timer7 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 5;", startTime + 325); var timer7 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 3;", startTime + 350); var timer7 = setTimeout("document.getElementById('features').scrollTop += 2;", startTime + 375); But every time I try to put this into a loop, it breaks. How do I get this into a loop
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

multiple div refresh - JavaScript Help

Below is the scriptfunction refreshflag(){var totalx=document.getElementById("totaluser").value;var spx=totalx.split(";");if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {// code for IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari xmlhttp=new XMLHttpRequest(); }else {// code for IE6, IE5 xmlhttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); }for(i=0;i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

alert box - JavaScript Help

Hi ,i want to display in information by hiding background , so that i can get more of users attention.can any one has the script for this take a look at attached screenshot with this.[attachment deleted by admin]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

IE version 7 browser issue with jquery - JavaScript Help

Hi ,I am facing an issue here. If you go to this site, www.championtutor.com/validation.phpIf you test it out in firefox, safari and even chrome, my jquery form validation works.However when I tested it out in IE 7, the form validation function apparently has no effect. It works in IE 8 and not IE7, do you all have any advice with regards to thisDo i need to update my jquery to the latest version
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with Javascript on homepage - JavaScript Help

, I have a script running on my homepage and i would like it to be identical for all people at the same time. Meaning the script runs fins when i open the site. then another user opens the site and the script runs fine for them but it is not in sync. how can i sync it so we are both viewing the same instance of the script.I think that makes sense, if not let me know and i can try to explain differently
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

need help with this jquery .animate() function - JavaScript Help

I got this function online, that uses the .animate function to add opacity to images when the user hovers over it. my problem is that i'm want to have the images have 50% opacity when the page loads...right now it only does it if the user hovers over it. $(document).ready(function(){ $("#project_thumb_navigation img").hover(function() { $(this).stop().animate({opacity: "1"}, '1000'); }, function() { $(this).stop().animate({opacity: "0.5"}, '1000 '); }); });
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Submit form in Greasemonkey - JavaScript Help

I am making a greasemokey script that gets information from the current webpage, creates an invisible form and submits it automattically. The problem I am running into is getting the form to submit. I get an error saying that submitForm does not exist. I did some searching around and could not find much other than the default submit function does not work with greasemonkey. does anyone know how to acheive this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Widgets development, how to start? - JavaScript Help

I need to develop a widget.I have read that it is better to develop using Javascript, but using a simple IFrame it is easier.What should I do Develop using Javascript or IFrame. Some tutorial on widgets using Javascript I'am very bad with Javascript.Best
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Drop down menu problem - JavaScript Help

, I am having a problem with my drop down menu. The layout of my page has a drop down menu and directly below it there is a table with a rotating ad. The rotating ad is using the jquery cycle plugin to change between different ads. Anyway, the problem I am having specifically is that, if the table cell containing the ad has more than one image (ad) inside of it the drop down menu does not drop on top of this image but behind it. For a slight moment when the images are in between cycle the drop down menu box is visible on top of the ad, but then disappears as soon as the add is displayed. Is there some way I can make the drop down menu be visible on top of anything no matter what it isIn case it is needed, I included the code and the CSS code:HTML: Untitled Document $(document).ready(function() { function addMega(){ $(this).addClass("hovering"); } function removeMega(){ $(this).removeClass("hovering"); } var megaConfig = { interval: 200, sensitivity: 3, over: addMega, timeout: 200, out: removeMega }; $("li.mega").hoverIntent(megaConfig) }); $(document).ready(function() { $('#slideshow').cycle({ fx: 'fade' // choose your transition type, ex: fade, scrollUp, shuffle, etc... }); }); Home Latest news, special deals, and more... Bridal Veils Shoulder Length Veils Shirts, T-shirts, Accessories, More... Elbow Length Veils Sporting goods, Gadgets, More... Fingertip Length Veils 40% off all photo accessories this weekend only. Don't miss out! Knee Length Veils Cathedral Length Veils Bridal Tiaras Ladieswear Tops, Pants, Skirts, T-shirts, More... Gifts Sporting goods, Gadgets, More... Shop Now for Mother's Day! Earlybird Mother's Day specials. Shop early, save on shipping! More stuff for her... Bridal Jewlery Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Bridal Accessories Wedding Ceremony Unity Candles Memorial Candles Ring Pillows Flower Girl Baskets Guest Books Wedding Collections Wedding Reception Champagne Flutes Cake Servers Champagne Flutes & Cake Server Sets Cake Toppers Gift Card Holders     CSS Code:/*Containers*/ body { font-family: "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", "Verdana", sans-serif; font-size: 11px; background: #fff; color: #333; } td { vertical-align: top; } div#outercontainer { background-color:#000; margin: 0; padding: 0; border: 0; } div#container { margin-left: 10%; margin-right: 10%; } div#slideshow { display: block; } h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, ul, li { font-size: 1em; margin: 0; padding: 0; } /*Mega drop down menu*/ ul#menu { background: #9c3; color: #fff; margin: 0; padding: 0.3em 0em; } ul#menu li { display: inline; margin: 0.1em 1em; position: relative; } ul#menu h2, ul#menu h3 { font-size: 100%; font-weight: normal; display: inline; } ul#menu li a { color: #fff; text-decoration: none; padding: 0 0.4em; } ul#menu li a:hover { text-decoration: underline; } ul#menu li.mega a { background: transparent url(file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Matt/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/JCKJQWB0/arrow.gif) center right no-repeat; padding: 0 1.2em; } ul#menu li.mega a:hover { text-decoration: underline; } ul#menu div { display: none; } ul#menu li.mega div { border: 1px solid #dda; width: 18em; position: absolute; top: 1.6em; left: 0em; padding: 1.3em; background: #9C3; color: #930; } ul#menu li.hovering div { display: block; } ul#menu li.mega div a { color: #300; padding: 0; background-image: none; text-decoration: underline; } ul#menu li div a.more { color: #390; font-weight: bold; } ul#menu div h3 { color: #000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.1em; } ul#menu div p { margin: 0 0 0.8em 0; padding: 0; } /*Main Content*/ /*Footer*/
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!