Flex form layout - add first child vertically aligned with label

Hi all..
In flex form layout

the output will be
horizontal 'test'
But my constraint is i want to align the textbox(first child of the form item ) vertically with the label. How can i do this Any inputs invited
Posted On: Thursday 25th of October 2012 09:38:40 PM Total Views:  374
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Flash / ActionScript PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Flash how to attach rular in component in flash or flex

I have one application to design in which the scrollpane component is having scale or rular on the vertical and horizontal site so how can i do that i dont know please help me.. reference site.. www.speedysignsusa.com... the same applicaiton i need to develop in flash...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Error when resizing flex datagrid

When i try to resize a column in my flex datagrid I am receiving this error below. TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Function-1786 to CursorManagerImpl.as$682.CursorQueueItem. at mx.managers::CursorManagerImpl/removeCursor()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\s rc\mx\managers\CursorManagerImpl.as:464] at mx.controls.dataGridClasses:ataGridHeader/columnResizeMouseUpHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\s rc\mx\controls\dataGridClasses\DataGridHeader.as:6 96] any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Launching a new screen in flex

Hi all, I'm currently working on an app in Flex and want to give the user the option of clicking on an object and launching a new information menu! For example, I have a bubble chart and I want the user to be able to click on a bubble and for a new mini panel to open on the screen displaying some info on the bubble! I've tried popUpManager but I don't want the main screen to get locked when the mini panel opens up! That is I want the mini panel to be displayed in the corner of my main app! Anyone have any ideas how to do this!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

apollo for flex pocketguide

here is ebook : apollo for flex pocketguide http://fliiby.com/file/21023/ondkxdndwq.html preview, download, share.. whatever...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Do you use Flex SDK (without flex builder) ?

Im hesitant whether to buy Flex builder, and I want to make this step from flash to flex. The flex SDK is free, but I do not quite understand how exactly to work with it. It is basically a set of functions I can use, and a compiler Anyone worked with it, and can refer me to a tutorial, for a helloworld application or something
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

[FLASH+FLEX] call a method in a flex swf from as3

here it is: i have a flex file with methods inside and some as3 swf The idea is to load the flex file in as3 swf, and when flex file is loaded, call a method from the flex file here is the code process Code: var _loader:Loader = new Loader(); var flexAppli:URLRequest = new URLRequest("flexfile.swf"); _loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.INIT, onLoadInit); _loader.load(flexAppli); and Code: private function onLoadInit(event:Event):void { var loader:Loader = Loader(event.target.loader); var newSprite:MovieClip = new MovieClip(); newSprite.name = "LeFlexCharge"; newSprite.addChild(loader.content); addChild(newSprite); setChildIndex(newSprite, 0); // here the method call newSprite.mymethod(); //dont work } The problem is : when calling the mymethod from flex file, it does not work So i did a trace on all elements in as3 file and i get an object like this _MyFlexAppli_mx_managers_SystemManager First question : What's this Second Question : How to call my method Thx for yr help tofu
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Flex how to separate a flex data grid to display in different pages?

I'm new to flex and I have a problem in creating a data grid. I have created a data grid using flex and xml. There, the grid have 20 rows and all 20 rows can be shown at once. But now I want to show 5 rows at a time. So I should have 4 pages of 5 rows, but with the same grid. If anybody know how to do that please can you explain it Help is very urgent.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

importing components in AS with flex builder 3

Hi , I'm currently trying to move from flash CS4 to flex 3. When I create an AS class and want to use a component in CS4 i import a component: import fl.controls.Button; and make sure that the button component is in the library of the .fla file which calls the AS class. Now I'm trying to do something similar in flex 3. I can import the component in AS: import mx.controls.Button; public function init():void { var asButton:Button = new Button(); asButton.label = "ActionScript 3 Button"; this.rawChildren.addChild(asButton); } ]]> but when i try to add it to the display it doesn't exist. Is this because it's not in the library It doesn't throw an error, but doesn't get added to the display. Is there a walk-though about adding a component from within AS3 in flex 3 I'm completely stuck here. kenneth
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Flex flex easy to work with?

How quickly would I be able to whip up an app that accesses a database using php is it all as3 Where exactly does the mxml come into play
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Using a variable inside Embed() function in flex

When using something like [Embed(source='./Regular.ttf', fontFamily='', fontName='Arial', fontWeight="normal", mimeType='application/x-font')] is there a way to use a variable name instead of strings, to have better control
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

clone flex UI component

I am trying to duplicate a flex component at run time. For example if i have this i should be able to call a function called DuplicateComponent() and it should return me a UI component thts exactly same as above button including the event listeners with it. Can some one help me please\t So far i tried all these methods but nothing works with UIcomponents http://blog.comtaste.com/2007/10/improv ... _copy.html http://blog.flexexamples.com/2008/08/28 ... script-30/ http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/h ... ce_06.html http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/45fc6cf2.html
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

MenuEvent.MENU_HIDE (flex3/AS3)

I am using this trigger to decide when to move some elements in my Flex project. The only thing is that it also trigger when a submenu hides (why!). Is there any way to target it in a way that it will only trigger when the whole menu / mainMenu hides Code: protected var mainMenu:Menu; mainMenu.name="mainMenu"; mainMenu.labelField="@name"; mainMenu.iconField="@typeId"; this.mainMenu = Menu.createMenu(null, mainMenuData, false); this.mainMenu.addEventListener(MenuEvent.MENU_SHOW, this.openOrClose); this.mainMenu.addEventListener(MenuEvent.MENU_HIDE, this.closeMenu);
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Flex How to access data in different server with flex3 remoteobject

I am trying to access data from cfc that is in different pc through network and coldfusion 8, flex3 and sql server are in diff. pcs. So how can I access the cfc file in different pc using remote object which will return the data from another server using dsn I can connect to the service if coldfusion and flex are kept in same pc. How can I access it in diff. pcwhat will be destination and source param values
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

flex. Calling methods on embedded movieclip

I have a flex application that makes use of an animated throbber (loading graphic) that I created in flash cs3. The throbber is embedded in the flex app at compile time and implemented through an mx:Image component. I simply want to be able to stop the animation of the embedded movieclip. I thought throbber.stop() would do it (throbber is the ID of my mx:Image component). I was wrong. This seems to only work with dynamically loaded swfs. Does anyone know how to call methods on embedded movieclips
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

flex. Calling methods on embedded movieclip

I have a flex application that makes use of an animated throbber (loading graphic) that I created in flash cs3. The throbber is embedded in the flex app at compile time and implemented through an mx:Image component. I simply want to be able to stop the animation of the embedded movieclip. I thought throbber.stop() would do it (throbber is the ID of my mx:Image component). I was wrong. This seems to only work with dynamically loaded swfs. Does anyone know how to call methods on embedded movieclips
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

? flex and unicode?

does anybody know how to embed the symbol into a flex app\t unicode-range: U+0020-U+0040, /* Punctuation, Numbers */ U+0041-U+005A, /* Upper-Case A-Z */ U+005B-U+0060, /* Punctuation and Symbols */ U+0061-U+007A, /* Lower-Case a-z */ U+007B-U+007E; /* Punctuation and Symbols */ }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

what is flex air and flash what is the difference ?

all i know what is flash , but what is flex and air what is the difference between them also does adobe released something as open source
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

Best approach to building a flash website with flex

would it be more practical do one of the following: - build a flash website in flex and import swf files from flash for animations or - build website in flash and import swf files from flex for components (eg. dynamic pages and contact form functionality) im learning flex atm im its going it fairly straight forward (just an alternative to xhtml with javascript really), however im having a hard time figuring out how i could create beautiful websites with full page animations from 'within' flex.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 24th October 2012
View Replies!

why can't I do a flexible variable for a ProLoader?

team why can't I do this var proLoader1 = ProLoader; var proLoader2 = ProLoader; var proLoader3 = ProLoader; //and then to kill them off alwayshome.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, everythingunload); function everythingunload(event:MouseEvent):void{ for(i=1;i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Flex Can I use vector class in flex 3.5?

Can I use vector class in flex sdk 3.5 I'm using flash builder 4 standard edition.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!