Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF Flash / ActionScript

Flash senocular Transform Tool 2 problem  

Hi,I use senocular Transform tool, and i want the moving objects to be locked in specified coordinates.please help,thank you Continue Reading
Views : 68
Tuesday 11th of September 2012

HELP! Problem with swf  

I have been developing a site locally and it involves piecemaker.swf and piecemaker.xml which works perfectly fine locally but once loaded onto my server it disappears.I have opened the swf and get the following errorError #2044: Unhandled ioError:. text=Error #2032:... Continue Reading
Views : 66

Whats a way to make levels in as3  

Hi im not using flashpunk or flixel or any of those types of things as of now.im tring to make a level inside a movieclip.but it doesnt work because i displayed the movieclip not the objectbut yet my player class still works.so whats a good way to... Continue Reading
Views : 77

Error loading XML from another domain  

Hi all,I am having trouble loading an XML file hosted on another domain. I am using the same exact script:http://www.macromediahelp.com/flash/...nd_xml_sample/ Continue Reading
Views : 39

SharedObject  

I have two points firstly...I have been watching some tutorials in regards to SharedObjects. I still however, find it difficult to distinguish the getLocal()Method and Remoth SharedObject. If someone can explain the main difference from the two and tell me what their primary purpose is i... Continue Reading
Views : 35

New Flash Project.. need some help  

Hi everyone, its been a while since i've had to create anything majorly complicated in Flash, so here goes.I've been asked to create a flash video slider. Basically its going to allow users to upload images to a database then the video slider will generate the image... Continue Reading
Views : 47

How make collision detection using array as3  

i make MC in Array [a,b,c,d,e] and MC rotate on the same external point using Matrix..This my code : Continue Reading
Views : 50

I'm opening a SWF in flash CS5.5 and i cant export as HTML5 - HELP  

Hello, I need to export a load of SWF files i don't have the original flash files for via Swiffy to HTML5, but i open the SWF in flash and the export to HTML option in commands isn't there, what can i do?Please help!Thanks, Claire Continue Reading
Views : 145

I'm opening a SWF in flash CS5.5 and i cant export as HTML5 - HELP  

Hello, I need to export a load of SWF files i don't have the original flash files for via Swiffy to HTML5, but i open the SWF in flash and the export to HTML option in commands isn't there, what can i do?Please help!Thanks, Claire Continue Reading
Views : 133

Sending Messages ActionScript 3 Which Class  

Hello, My name is Mark. I am new member to Kirupa. I admit i am a bit of novice when it comes to ActionScript and ActionScript 3.Anyway, i am attempting to build a small chat application. I want to do is... if there two users in a private room i want them to send messages back and... Continue Reading
Views : 62

Flash5 AS3 Timezone Countdown  

Hey, I'm looking for a Countdown clock with dd:hh:mm:ssThat Counts down to every Saturday at 23h ( Paris UTC+1 ) I'm really not sure how to do the Time zone thing..Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks. Continue Reading
Views : 35

Best way to load 4 big videos  

I have just finished my first ever Flash Website.I don't really know much about flash or webdesign, but with the help of many online tutorials i managed to make something i actually like.You can see the website here: Continue Reading
Views : 75

organizing your layers  

I was just wondering how you all usually organize your layers. For instance if im animating a character, im aware of making every limb and facial feature its own symbol, and on its own layer. However, it seems to get extremely cluttered on my main timeline, sometimes having up to 30+ layers.... Continue Reading
Views : 54

javascript for random movie onLoad  

does anyone have or know of a javaScript that will play random movies when a page loads? i can't do this with actionscript as i'm using movies created through oddcast/vhost ( Continue Reading
Views : 51

Flash8 How to create a Dynamic text field inside a movieclip  

Ok so I have a few dynamic text fields that I created inside my movie clip. The text fields have vars attached to them, so for example I have:var exp= 0;and one dynamic text field inside my movieclip would have the var name 'exp'.The problem I'm having is that I declared all... Continue Reading
Views : 42

Flash5 Absolute newbie seeking advice..where to start  

Hi,I've decided i'd like to try learning Flash - from the starting point of zero knowledge of flash and programming in general. I'm an educator and can see the benefit in keeping up with the times in the hope that some Flash skills could help me develop eLearning in the future. Continue Reading
Views : 70

Flash8 MC Freezes On First Frame  

Hello, I'm starting to learn to use AS2 to program a beat-em up game, but I have a few problems.A few different MCs on my main character freeze on the first frame even though the code is the exact same as the other frames_root.health variable doesn't go down when touching an... Continue Reading
Views : 64

Help in Designing a flash file like this  

Hello,I am new to flash designing but i have knowledge in Photoshop, i am interested in designing a map with location blinking in it.Like in the website link: Continue Reading
Views : 55

as2 control frames inside a symbol  

hey guys, im trying to make my own crappy pokemon game with the 151 first pokemonsso far if got a button that encounters a random number 1-151 and displays it but now i want to add some pics to those numbersso i made a symbol, not sure if i need a movieclip or a... Continue Reading
Views : 38

Flash8 is there something wrong with my code  

this is my code for a sleep button in my game: Code: on(release){ if(day >= 1){day += 1;hp += 50;}else if(day = 25){_root.gotoAndPlay ("cat")} else... Continue Reading
Views : 58

Flash8 As2  

Okay - We have a small query!.....I'm trying to establish a HTTP post from within flash file. Following text input and hitting the submit button, i need to esablish a return to an XML document which contains the (input) data. does anyone know how to do this?... Continue Reading
Views : 65

scoring with dynamic text.  

hi there! ive been working on a sniper game and im having trouble with dynamic text for scoring.heres the thing.i got a button which registers hits inside a MC. so thats this Continue Reading
Views : 52

Flash8 [RESOLVED] anyone know how to stop a movie speeding up on replay  

I'm sure it's something small but it's driving me demented!see fla code at http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...s-up-on-replayany help... Continue Reading
Views : 84

Flash5 In need of URGENT help with contact form AS2  

So, I've got a contact form which was created in Flash and a .php file to accompany it. When uploading it to test, it won't work. I don't know what I've done wrong could someone please... Continue Reading
Views : 49

Forum Guidelines  

Make a search before asking your question Even if your problem seems a new problem for you, it has maybe been answered already. Making a search will often provide more useful examples.Try and do your part This forum is not an opensource provider. Instead... Continue Reading
Views : 33

Embed Flash the right way !!  

Here is a link that explains the swfObject:http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/ Continue Reading
Views : 55

Additions to the New Post Form - PLEASE USE IT -  

Our Flashkit tech guy, JPnyc has been kind enough to give us a new tool in the "New Post" form page that will make everyones life easier. So let's all please use it. What it is, is a series of Radio buttons above the Title entry box for the new post that automatically adds the version of... Continue Reading
Views : 50

Best Advice/Suggestion to get help....  

As the title states, this is a few 'suggestions' to help YOU get the best help you can out of the Flash General Help Section.1.) Post your Flash Version Type. (above the title for each new post)2.) ***IMPORTANT*** state what version of AS you are... Continue Reading
Views : 44