Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF Flash / ActionScript

As2 to as3  

Has anybody got the brains to convert this AS2 to AS3?clips.push(createEmptyMovieClip("container"+j,j++) );clips[i].attachMovie(clip,clip,0);clips[i]._x=startX;clips[i]._y=startY;clips[i].angle=i;var index=width/slices;var... Continue Reading
Views : 52
Tuesday 11th of September 2012

Is there any glossary for code  

I was wondering if anyone had ever put together a code book with a quick reference glossary?I am looking for code to do things likeZoom in / Zoom outLimit Ammo / Rounds capFailure if wrong target is shotThings along these lines. Continue Reading
Views : 61

Flash Loaded SWF sound handling - issue  

Hi,I have a sound problem. I have a flash (swf) file loaded within another flash (my main swf). I want to mute all the loaded swf sounds. I successfully muted "timeline" sounds (with the soundTransform of the loader object) but my issue is with runtime played... Continue Reading
Views : 92

Flash File For Website  

I am a novice in flash. I am making my website in flash. It's my photography site.There is so many pic in the site. Please help me how i would publish my flash file for server. If it will html then how i link the file with images in server. swf file become 19mb. that's to heavy for site.... Continue Reading
Views : 45

Flash Tracking the order 4 buttons (or movie clips) are clicked on.  

Hi, I need to track the order of which four buttons or movie clips or clicked on in AS3. Basically it's a very simple game where the user is shown four images in a particular order and they then have to click on the images in the same order they were shown to move to the next screen. Any... Continue Reading
Views : 60

Utter Newbie Question :)  

Ok, I want to animate my next buttons. My next buttons are arrows and I want them to do a simple up and down motion.is there anyway I can do this and turn them into sprites? I don't want them to take up a portion of my timeline....im using flash 8 if that makes a... Continue Reading
Views : 61

Flash Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.  

So, I'm trying to remove an object after it has exceeded set x and y coordinates but i keep getting this error: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.I used the same code for another object and it worked fine. The error is coming... Continue Reading
Views : 9

Help! cant type certain characters in input field  

So I have been trying to edit this flash contact form and somthing is wrong. Please help.I cant type some characters into the input fields such as "v" "o" "@" ect.Can some one show me where I am going wrong ?Files below:- Continue Reading
Views : 248

how make random mc without array as3  

this my code : import flash.utils.Timer;import flash.events.TimerEvent;var num_count:Number=0;var txt_score: TextField = new TextField();var merah:Merah = new Merah; Continue Reading
Views : 92

Problem with flash and USB device  

Hi, I go a little question, I'm making a presentation in flash AS 2.0, everything works fine but now my TA said the presentation would be managed with a USB device that have a next and back button. So far I have a next back button on the scene, but now I have to use this device,... Continue Reading
Views : 67

Flash problem with drawing lines & turning angles  

Concept: A user inputs distances and angles so mcPencil can draw a shape/polygon on screen. The user inputs a distance; mcPencil draws a straight line. The user then inputs an angle; mcPencil turns that angle (using mcPencil.rotation += turnDegree); the user inputs another distance for... Continue Reading
Views : 59

png image sequence  

Hi.I have a maybe 100 png sequence frames in flash mx .Is the a way to save that image sequence back to my desktop? Im trying to save them from the library back to my desktop.How can i get them back out to a folder?Thank you Continue Reading
Views : 131

EventListeners  

Hello All, I am learning ActionScript 3.0 A simple question for you. Im using Flash Pro in my Actions panel. I am trying to get a video feed from the Camera. How do i you use addEventListeners to see if the feed is successfull or unsuccessfull? Continue Reading
Views : 50

sounds on let click (gunshots)  

hi there! im a complete newbie when it comes to coding and i barely know the codes.so i need to do this game which is a shooting game wherein i mask the whole stage and the player can only look from his cursor which is in this case a movie clip that has a crosshair image. Continue Reading
Views : 75

how make Connect button with movieclip in array [red, yellow, green];  

this my code :vararray:Array = Continue Reading
Views : 112

linking scenes with buttons in CS4  

I am using Flash CS4 Professional and trying to link scenes using a button. I have found a tutorial here on FlashKit but even though I am following the instructions it doesn't work. I get a compile error which says :WARNING: Actions on button or MovieClip instances are not... Continue Reading
Views : 117

variable to loaded swf issue  

Helloon frame 10 of my main movie I intent to load a swf which has a flv playing on the timeline + some animation.the loaded movie is called "external_swf.swf"in my complete handle this occurs:var swf =... Continue Reading

Flash5 How to add click event to bitmap   

hey guys, i have this photo gallery that is linked to an xml file, and was wondering how do you add a click event to the image? for example when you click on first image, or the other images to open them in a popup window.here is the actionscript txt: Continue Reading
Views : 46

What Format for 3d Models for Stage 3d.  

In an As3 project is there yet a 'standard' or 'recognised', format for storing of 3d models within worlds.Orininally I was parsing obj,3ds,dxf and fbx files within my projects including associated bitmaps and other info to recreate the models in my world. But this seemed... Continue Reading
Views : 70

Flash8 How do I change the color of a Dynamic Text BOX, not the actual text, just the BOX  

Ok, so I created a dynamic text box and placed it in the spot I want it to be. But the text BOX is defaulted to white and this is a problem because my TEXT is white. How do I change the color of the BOX, not the text, just the BOX? Sorry for all the caps. I googled this same question and I... Continue Reading
Views : 70

Flash Multiple Instances of one class.  

K, here's my problem. I have one class called Vehicle I get it to move by making a path array and having it follow that path. The thing is, when I create more than one instance of that class, those instances all share each others variables(meaning same path array values). So only on of the... Continue Reading
Views : 57

Layering with pictures and flalling snow  

Hi,So i've actionscripted some falling snow, and i have a few picture come across the screen while its snowing. I want all the pictures to be behind the snow layer so the snow goes over them, but for some reason only the first picture (starts in frame 1) is under the snow. Continue Reading

Flash flash as3 scrollpane source value changing dynamically..  

Hi,I added one movieclip, in scrollpane dynamicallly. In The movieclip, one text field is there, in that i have to change the text through xml..when clicked on next and back buttons text has to change.. How..Please help me.. Main problem is how to , i take the text field... Continue Reading
Views : 132

Flash8 How to make a pop up menu  

Ok, you know how in games if you click a button that says Menua sub menu will pop up on the screen? How would I make that in Flash? Continue Reading
Views : 69

Flex query related ExternalInterface and chrome popup blocker  

I want to call js function on service response my code is as belowwhen I run this in google chrome, If I click directJs... Continue Reading
Views : 98

AS3: Populate dynamic text box in nexted MC and not on frame 1  

OMG somebody, please help!!! I have most of my AS on the main timeline and have these lines in frame #20:btnTISB.svcHitArea.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLI CK,showTISB);btnTISB.buttonMode = true;btnTISB.descMC.serviceMainTitle.text = "TIS-B" Continue Reading
Views : 68

sound recording  

Hello all, a little help with sound recording if you please.I've got a project that has some 'instruments' created in Flash, you can bang some drums, play some guitar strings and hit some keyboard keys, each of these things makes a sound but i need to record these sounds and then... Continue Reading
Views : 130

Flash8 'else' encountered without matching 'if'  

I attempted to make my own code....but ran into a problem...heres my code: Actionscript Code: Continue Reading
Views : 66

Using self built list  

Because I can't change List objects colors I decided to build my own list:function makeTrackList():void { var trackCount:int = xmlData.tracks.track.length(); var listItemHeight = 18; trackList.height = trackCount * listItemHeight; var listHeight... Continue Reading

Make Simple cartoon/ flipbook  

Greetings Flash Community!You know those paper flipbooks you would have as a kid where you would flip the pages and it would like like a moving image? How cartoons are made? I need to make that on the computer.I have a series of jpeg that I want to cycle one after... Continue Reading
Views : 91