Text box format

all -

I have a text box in a report that I want to combine a label and a date field (date field is based on a table). I need to format the date field to be different than the way it is in the table though. I used the "Format" part of the property window to say (mmmm", "yyyy) but it only works if the date field is the only thing in the text box.

Example:
In the text Box, I want ="Medical Record Review - & [Date Added]" where [Date Added] now says e.g., 9/11/04, and I want it to say September, 2004. Putting (mmmm", "yyyy) in the format part of the property window works only if [Date Added] is the only thing in the text box. Is there a way to include both the text and the called field in the text box AND format the [Date Added] field as I need

Posted On: Monday 22nd of October 2012 05:58:06 AM Total Views:  303
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft Access PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Extract part of text

, I have a form with two textboxes. In textbox1 I can type max 16 characters. I would like to extract the first 10 characters and copy them into textbox2. The characters should be preeceded by default letter. I would like to add the code to a cmd button. I have used before the Me.textbox1= Mid(Me.TXTIBAN, 10, 10) but cannot figure how to adjust it with the default character. Examples textbox1: 1234567890123456 textbox2 should be:A1234567890 Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Get rid of "Sticky" value in textbox on form??

Hi all, I've got a textbox on a form that has its value calculated using a function. The function is working well but the problem is that this value "sticks" in the textbox and does not disappear even when browsing through other records in the form. is there any way I can get rid of this "sticky" value\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Subform control source from calculated textboxes

I have what seems to be a simple problem but I am having trouble coming up with the solution. I have a subform (continous) with 3 textboxes: Qty, Price, Total. Qty and Price are from a table. I want the Total textbox source to be Qty*Price, thus not having to store a calculated field. I tried setting the source to Code: [Unit_Price]*[Quantity] but that gets me #Name. Is there a simple step I am missing here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

I need to show the sum value on the textbox

, I have a table which is called "clients_data". It contains the following information: Id|Name|Surname|Mobile|Expenses|Date| I can generate reports based on Names, Surnames, Mobiles, filters on Expenses and filters on Date which looks like this: Id|Name|Surname|Mobile|Expenses|Date| 1 |aa |zzz |111 |50$ |18-Jan-09 2 |bb |xxx |222 |30$ |19-Jan-09 3 |cc |yyy |333 |40$ |20-Jan-09 What I exactly need to do is that when I generate this report I need also the sum of Expenses displayed in a Textbox (in this case 120$). Could someone help me to resolve this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Import text file into table question

I populate my database with records from a text file. Periodically I import this file into a table and would like to automate the process. To import the file I have this code: DoCmd.TransferText acImportFixed, "myTEMP", "mytable", "\\S01\folder\mytxt.txt", False, "" Note that mytemp is the specification name, while mytable is the table into which data is imported. Since I will be sharing this program with others I would like that no one opens th code screen necessary to change the server name or when importing the file the path will not be recognized. Is there a way I do this by using a string I have some code sample that you friends have already help me with to export to word. I use a tablepath with these 2 fields:TemplateID and Template Location. The tamplate id will be the name of the file, while the template Location is the actual path. Can anyone help on this Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Importing text data

I'm trying to create a database that can log results from an online form. When people fill out the questions the information is sent to me in a text file. I can't see there being a problem with me formating the text so i can import it into an access table. I guess what i really need to know now is a place to start. Are there any functions that will automatically grab a text file and add the data to a table Does anyone have a rough suggestion on how i should go about solving this problem. - I'm not looking for someone to code this for me but any advice would help a lot.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

How to query for query text?

Hi all. This is probably a pretty easy one, I've just never done it so I'm not sure how to get at the information. I need to get my hands on some code which will query for the text of all my queries. I basically need to search through all my queries (this would include ones behind forms, but if I can just get at the text in the standalone queries, it would be a start) in order to search for a few tables/queries being used in those queries, so I can alter them to a new approach. What I want to do is spit all the query strings out into a text file or something and search through to find out which ones are utilizing the queries/tables in question, so I can start working on changing them. Is there a way to do this with the querydefs collection or with the msysqueries object
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Different Fonts styles in a textbox for report-HELP!

: A database with Last_name, First_name, Midd_name and Suffix. These textboxes are concatenated into another textbox called "full_name". The font style chosen for the full_name textbox is "Old English". The suffixes used are: II, III and IV. When Old English is applied to Last_name, First_name, Midd_name, it looks great. Unfortunately when Old English is applied to these suffixes, it looks terrible. Is there a way to preserve the "II", "II" and "III" Is it possible to have more than one font style in a concantenated textbox This will be used for printing completion certificates, so the spacing of the names is important.(Report)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Importing ID numbers to populate a textbox

: I have an access database with ID numbers(9-digits), names and a textbox titled "graduated". I have an external excel file with ID numbers and and a column called Yes/No. Some of the ID numbers are already in the access database. Can I do an import process and if the ID numbers match, the textbox called "graduated" will automatically populate with the word Yes or No Any ideas on how to get going Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

#Name error in form text box--passing from subform

Hi--I am working on a database which is a modification of the following MS Access 2003 Order Management template: (URL address blocked: See forum rules)=CT101426031033 In my database, I have a subform called sbfOrderDetails, which in its Form Footer has a text box that sums the items in the order and is called OrderDetailsTotal. I am trying to pass that value to a text box in the main form called OrderSubtotal. I have three questions: 1) What is the proper syntax to use to get the value of the subform control into the OrderSubtotal control on the main form I have tried various permutations and continue to get a #Name error. 2) If you look at the expression in the Order Subtotal control of the Add and Manage Orders form in the original Order Management template, it looks like this: =[Order Details Subform].Form!OrderDetailsTotal When I try to replicate that in my database, I cannot--if I add brackets around my subform name and press Enter, Access adds brackets around everything in the expression, i.e. =[sbfOrderDetails].[Form]![OrderDetailsTotal] (which returns a #Name error). If I edit out the brackets I don't want and then press Enter, it puts the brackets back in. In other words, Access keeps trying to "fix" my expression by either having brackets around each item, or no brackets at all! This is really annoying; is there any way to turn it off\t 3) When sbfOrderDetails is set to Single Form view, I can see the Form Footer (and the value in the OrderDetailsTotal text box as well). When it is set to Datasheet view, I cannot. Why Thank you very much, lcnlit PS>I cannot attach my database since I am a new poster, and the forum is disabling the URL of the Microsoft template as well.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Export to text with no ""

! First I want to say thank you for this board. I have been reading this board for over a year and its been a great help. I tried the search function but this time I just couldnt get the answer that worked for me. So it was time to register. OK - I need to export a table to a text file. Basically my database searches for routes and when the operator finds a route I need it to be able to export to a text file that another program uses to display on a map. The Table is FltExpl - here is what I have: DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , "FltExpl", "C:\Program Files\Flight Explorer\Professional\Groups\Routes.txt" It works so far with 1 issue. When the export takes place it will copy the route in quotes "". This makes the route unreadable. Is there a way to do this without the quotes being placed in the text file Does it have anything to do with the Schema.ini
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

HELP! Counting text boxes

I've asked this in a previous post but only got confused. Please forgive me, I'm a newbie at this. I have a table that I need to count a text field. Table Name: ACE/ARB Table Field Name: MR# (houses a 8 digit patient number) Field Name: Failed Patient (houses a "TEXT" field with possible entries of "YES" "NO" or left blank. Each MR# may have may different entries such as: MR# 12345678 Failed Patient: YES MR# 12345678 Failed Patient: NO MR# 12345678 Failed Patient: NO MR# 12345678 Failed Patient: (blank) MR# 87654321 Failed Patient: NO MR# 87654321 Failed Patient: YES I need my report to count distinct MR#'s: From the example above, I would need my report to show/count "2" medical records. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated, I'm going crazy here. Also, if any suggestion has to do with SQL do I type what you would send me directly into the SQL statement from a query
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Dynamic generation of text boxes.

I have a form. What I want is to dynamically add textboxes to this form based on the number of records I get in a querry which I am running. Something like this With rs While Not .EOF me.add(textbox.label(rs!name)) .MoveNext Wend End With Does anyone have any ideas on how to do it\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Increase field text limit (255)

Please help if somebody knows the way to increase the character limit of field from 255 to max. possible.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Concatenation of query text

Can anyone please give me an Access 2000 VB module that will concatenate [Portia - 1 query.text1] with [Portia - 1 query.text2] and type the result in textbox [text]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Combo box value reflecting in the text box.

I have one combo box and a text field. When I select the Analyst name from the combo box I want to display its corresponding Badge Id in the text field. Both the Analyst name and the Badge Id are in the same table. Please help me out with it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

can't insert data into textbox?????

why do i get all the weird problems does anyone have any idea why a textbox would act like it was locked, even though it's not anyway, the text box works fine, until i click my button which goes to a certain record based on my listbox. the code for the click event is as follows: Code: Private Sub cmdFindProcess_Click() blnexist = True Dim rst As dao.Recordset Dim strSearchName As String Set rst = Me.RecordsetClone strSearchName = Str(Me!List26.Value) rst.FindFirst "ID = " & strSearchName Me.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark rst.Close If Me.List26.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then MsgBox "Please select your process", vbOKOnly Else Me.formattedtimeelapsed.Visible = True Me.StartTime.Visible = True Me.EndTime.Visible = True Me.btnStartStop.Visible = True Me.btnStartStop.SetFocus Me.StartTimeLabel.Visible = True Me.EndTimeLabel.Visible = True Me.InProcess.Visible = False Me.Current.Visible = True Me.NewProcess.Visible = False Me.hidID.Value = Me.List26.Value Me.formattedtimeelapsed.Value = "00:00:00" Dim Rc As dao.Recordset Dim Db As Database Dim SQL As String SQL = "SELECT * FROM StopwatchRecord Where StopwatchRecord.ID=" & Me.List26.Value & ";" Set Db = CurrentDb() Set Rc = Db.OpenRecordset(SQL) Rc.MoveFirst Me.hidID.Value = Rc.Fields("ID") TotalElapsedMilliSec = Rc.Fields("ElapsedTime") Me.ElapsedTime.Value = Rc.Fields("ElapsedTime") Me.Comments.Value = Rc.Fields("Comments") Me.StartTime.Value = Rc.Fields("StartTime") Me.txtProcessDisplay.Value = Me.List26.Column(3) Me.txtActNumberDisplay.Value = Me.List26.Column(1) Me.Comments.Enabled = False Me.txtAdditionalComments.Visible = True Me.txtAdditionalComments.Enabled = True Me.txtAdditionalComments.Locked = False End If End Sub my guess is that the "bookmark" code is not allowing it. i'm not sure however, how i could find the record any other way, if that is the problem....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Search Listbox as you type in textbox

hello ! i hope you can help me with this. can somebody show me how to do this in access here is the link of the VB version. http://www.codeguru.com/vb/controls/vb_listbox/article.php/c2773/ my data in the listbox will be coming from a table with 3 columns, but ill be using only the 1st column (unique) during the search. some people suggest me to use combobox, but for some reason i have to use a textbox and a listbox.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

export single field to text file

Anyone have any idea how i would be able to export a single cells content (from a query) into a txt document without headers or extras What I'm essentially trying to do is view the cells content (which is in html) in a web-browser.. Any Ideas Suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Getting a textbox to populate based on another textbox

: I have created a form using access 2000. So far, this form already has data and dates in a combox in this format: mm/dd/yyyy. In the AfterUpdate of the date combobox, I did this: If graduation_date = #2/1/2004# then Text_Graduation_date = "dated this first day of february two thousand four." End If End Sub In addition, I have defined many other dates as well using the code above. It works well when I choose the date form the combobox, the other textbox populates, but there are so many more dates in the combo! Is there a way to auto-populate the textbox with the appropriate text as I scroll through the form
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!