Re: Access Mailmerge...Desperate: msg for Colm

Hi Colm,

I'm not sure if you have picked this up, hense the resend.
I am facinated by this site and the very professional and sound advise that I have been given.

Ok, back to my original problem: I have sent you the code that I am now using for the wordmerge, It seems to run ok once it kicks in. However, If I reboot the machine, open the Db and run the wordmerge, A WORD msg pop up with "Do you want to save the changes to letters1" with a Y/N, cancel option. If I chose yesand then cancel, the word document will open but, I am not sure that this is good practice as it leads to confussion.
As you know, I am also trying to eliminate the msg that explains to user that they are about to merge from access to word. I think it will just confuse the user. If there is no answer then we will have to live with that.

I would be truly greatful to you if you were able to amend the code or explain what it is I need to do to get round this. Once again thank you.

Posted On: Monday 22nd of October 2012 05:56:42 AM Total Views:  205
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft Access PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Select and Print an Excel Spreadsheet from ListBox

, Propably I am asking too much but know that Access and VBA can almost do anything. Is it possible to add a list box on a form to list the spreasheet in a excel file and by clicking on the select record make a print only of that specific spreadsheet
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

relationship problems

I have two tables with a 1-many relationship. fld1_1 of tbl1 is an autonumber field and also its primary key. fld2_5 of tbl2 is related to fld1_1. fld2_5 is a number data type. fld2_5 is not a required value for a record in tbl2, i.e. it may or may not have a value. If it has a value, it will be same as a value in fld1_1. When I am adding a new record with no value to fld2_5, it pops an error message saying something to the effect "A corresponding record is required in tbl1"... It seems that fld2_5 being a number data type, it takes a default value of 0 ()... and then does not find a corresponding value with 0 in the fld1_1. Can someone show me a way around this I will be
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Is there a way to do....?

Is there a way that I can read in records from one table looking for a record in a second table with the same key, and if I get a "hit" or match, that I update a field in the first table
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Problem displaying JPEG images stored in Access DB

It may seem a really silly question but is there any restrictions as to the file types that can be stored in an Access DB. I havent used Access in a while, but have been asked by a friend to create a simple DB holding info about cars he is selling, he only wants to hold thumbnail images of the cars so I can either link or embed the pics! However if I try to link or embed a jpeg image nothing appears in the bound object frame except for the image title i.e. bmw325i.jpg if I do exactly the same with a bitmap image the pic is displayed\t The only other difference I have noticed is that in table view of the relevant table a bitmap appears as Bitmap Image whereas a JPEG appears as Package\t\t Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Three dots button

Where is the button with the three dots located in access so when i go to form desing i could add that button to the form for look up.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

How to build a funciton to return primary key,alternate key and foreign key fields

Hi every body. I need to create a function to return a string containing : A) primary key fields together with primary key names . B)alternate key fields together with correspondingly alternate key names. c)foreign key fields together with correspondingly foreign key names. I be happy if some one show me how to build such funciton since i never refrenced reletionship keys via vba
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Format of photos before inserting

After doing lots of reading and research re inserting pictures into my database, i think the best way is to go with the bound OLE field which is linked to a picture. My only problem is that my photos are JPEG and when i try and link them i don't get the image just "Package". This means i have to convert them to bitmap. The only way i can do this is to go to Paint and convert them via a Save As. This, however, removes the color. I thought Access would conver them (but it doesn't) so thought I would try and convert them before linking to avoid the "gloat". Any ideas\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Combo box value reflecting in the text box.

I have one combo box and a text field. When I select the Analyst name from the combo box I want to display its corresponding Badge Id in the text field. Both the Analyst name and the Badge Id are in the same table. Please help me out with it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

How to delete current record in bounded form?

Hi . I made bounded maintenance form customer table in my access db. But when I try to delete a record by clicking on the delete button I get the following error. I be happy if some one help me delete record successfully.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

how to create tool bar menue in access

Hi . I want create a tool bar menue in access 2000 that is linked to indvidule forms in my access but i do not know how i to do it. Just like internet explorer tool bar menue that has file edit view ... and u can click and a drop down list comes and u can select one and .... I want make such menue in access that each drop down list item from menue is linked to form and once it is selected that a perticuler form loads. I be happy if some one show me how to make such tool bar menue.(i want it the menue loads once i click on the mdb file)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

How to create a search form in msAccess?

I am using msAccess to develop a small application. I have 2 tables, student and course, and I need to create a form with 3 fields - by_id, by_date, by_course_id This form can generate a view only table according to the field the user entered. Can anyone help me on this What's the step to do so Thnx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Link failure to MySql table

I have a table sitting on a MySql database. I want to access that table from within Access. I have set up an ODBC DNS for the MySql database, and everything is fine, except for one really large table. Whenever I try to open that table, or query that table, all the fields show up with "#deleted". If I attempt to add a new record, the data does go into the linked table, but Access shows "#deleted" as soon as focus leaves that record. If I import that table, instead of linking it, the data comes across just fine. Any idea what I should look at to try to fix the problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Matching name differences

Hi. I am in the process of loading nursing license numbers into my database. The spreadsheet that I am importing from does not use the exact same names as the ones in my database, i.e. Smith, Deb in my database is Smith, Debora in the spreadsheet and I can't figure out the code or procedure to use to tell the database that these names are actually for the same record. Is it possible to do this and if so, how Thank you! KellyJo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

How to output records into list box with 3 coloum headings

Hi every one. i want out put records into a list box with 3 column headings named as playerno, initials and name. The way i created the list box is by putting list value for the row source type and name the list box as lstPlayers. But unfortunately get all the the records Fields one after one not one row at a time. I be happy if some one tell how to fix this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Passing value in one-to-many relationship

In my accounting database, I have a form for the requisition and a subform with the line items of the order. When a user has completed their changes, they click a button which closes the form and changes a value in the main table (as in the requisition status is now "submitted" or "approved"). Now I'd like to pass that status value to the line items in the sub-form (based on a different table, of course). I have another subform that displays the requisition record id, the line item record id, and the status for the line item. In the On Current field of that subform, I pass the value from the main form to the subform. The subform is requeried when the user pushes the button that changes the requisition's status. The problem is when I have more than one line item for a requisition. The first line item always receives the requisition's status value. Any other line items are not updated. Naturally, if I scroll through the records, they refresh and their status is correctly updated. But this subform won't even be visible to the user, and I certainly don't want them to have to scroll through it anyway. Is there anyway to pass the value to each of the records instead of just the first Here is the code I'm using in On Current in my status subform: Me![process_status_rec_id] = Me.Parent!req_process_status_rec_id
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Creating database documentation/help

Hi I need to create a documentation - help system in my Access database. Can you give some guide lines and tips General of course... like how to link a help file or something like that... thanx for the helping hand
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Editing a ASP dynamic list menu in Dreamweaver linked to an Access DB

I have to translate a dynamic list menu in a asp page, but the menu seems not to get the displayed selection labels from the database. Is there other way to source for the menu labels and How can I chage these labels. here is a link to the page and the menu is at top left. http://www.shopbasis.com/kfzx/start.asp I would apreciate some help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Seeing certain records based on a checkbox

How would I get a report to only show records that have a check box called "Display" checked I have tried some code, I even put it in a couple of different places, but it still doesn't work. I put the code on the on click event of the command button that opens the report and I tried the code in the on open event of the report. It did not work either time. Here is the code that I tried. 'Display only records that have the box checked If IsNull(Display) Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext End If End Sub Can anyone help me\t learnasugo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Images in a report?

: I have created a report in access 2000. What I wish to do is insert a signature on this report and as I scroll through the report, the signatures change. The fields on the report are name, major and dean. The signatures reside on the "c" drive on the computer. This report is based on a query. I wish to link the signatures to a specific field(dean) so as I scroll through the report the signatures changes with the report. I have searched the forums for a solution, but I am having difficulty. Any ideas on how to accomplish this Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

how to create a horizontal line across the access chart?

I have to create a horizontal across the chart whereby the y-axis value is 1500. Can anyone help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!