Pre-Filling Forms on Web Sites

Is it possible to write an event procedure attached to a command button in a Microsoft Access database that would use data from an established query to pre-fill data in to a form on a web site Has anyone tried this
Posted On: Monday 22nd of October 2012 05:57:55 AM Total Views:  288
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft Access PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Selective Data in subforms

I am a self-taught Access novice, and I'm developing a simple ordering database. I have used a Microsoft 2003 template which I've been altering as necessary (I'm using Access 2000). In my "Add new Order" form, the first action is to select the company. The subform then allows the user to select the product they want to purchase, followed by the quantity, etc. When they click on product it brings up the whole Product Table, whereas I am wanting only the products available from selected company to appear. I have no idea how to set this up, whether it's playing around with the subform/form or set up a query.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

Automatic updating of forms

I have created several forms based on a single table. Is there a way to automatically update all of the forms, when I add/delete fields from the table
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

Can open several forms with one common button??

Hi all, I am new to microsoft access. I've got one question that can't solve. I am making database with several items. Under each item, there got different field lists to fill in. So I made several forms for each of them. In main form, I put one combo box to choose the item and one common button. So how can I write the code to open the several different forms,one at a time, by clicking one button according to the value that is chosen from combo box\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 18th October 2012
View Replies!

Relating 2 forms

Hi all. This is my first post on this particular message board. I'm having a little problem getting Access to do what I want and hopefully someone here can help me out. I have 2 forms. One larger form called RTV and one smaller one called Product Line. Now, most of the fields that are in the Product Line form are also in the larger RTV form. What I want, is for the product line people to enter information into the product line form. Once they're done, they exit the database and then, later, their managers look at this information in the product line, verify that it's correct, and then hit a command button that transfers all the fields that are the same on both forms, to the RTV form. For instance, a prod line person would come in, fill out a date, part number and PO number and hit add record. Then, a manager would get on that same form, make sure everything is ok, and send the data over to the end of the RTV table. Also, the product line people should not be able to see or edit the RTV form. Only a few people should have the priveldge of seeing both forms. Anyone have any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with add button on forms

hi.. i am currently having a problem with the add button on my "frmEmployee2". once the button is clicked, a message "you can't go to a specified record" appears. what seems to be the problem any advice is welcome and appreciated. thanks in advance. here is the link to my ms access file: http://www.gigafiles.co.uk/files/636/HRIS/human%20resource%20info%20system_2006-09-27.zip thanks a lot...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem: Reports linked to forms

Heres the situation.. I have an input form where all the data entered gets transferred to a single table. I also have a report created so I can print it off and view whatever information has been entered onto the form At the moment when I go to view the report it is showing every record that I have previously entered using that form but I want it to only show the record I am currently entering. The record source for the report is the table where the data is being stored. Hope this makes sense to you .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Filtering sub forms?

I would like to be able to apply more than one filter to a subform. It seems no matter how I try I can only have one filter affecting the records in my subform. I have had zero luck getting the child / master link on the form to return a satisfactory result in the subform as soon as i try to apply a second master / child filter. It seems the filters I'm trying to apply aren't 'stacking' and I seem to be getting either one or the other judging from the reports that are being listed in my sub form. My data table consists of a few details concerning offices. Namely what Region the office is in, how many staff at particular grades, the office location / address contact details, and wether or not they reside in a 'strategic zone'. I've used check boxes on my data table to indicate wether an office is inside a strategic zone or outside a strategic zone. My combo box is currently working great, it filters out all the records and only shows the offices that match the value in the 'Region' field in the subform. I just can't figure out how to get additional filters to work at the same time. Ideally I would like to have the combo box which is working great, then a couple more conditions that the user can select to apply additional filter, especially the 'inside strategic zone' check box and the 'outside strategic zone' check box. I would also dearly like to have another combo box that will let users select 'Clusters' that an office may belong to and filter out those records that don't match. I can use the right click on a field in my form and 'apply filter by selection' and of course that works great! Filtering all the way down until I'm left with a very short list that matches the same value of many filtered fields I've right clicked upon. But ewwww...that is not what anyone wants to have to rely on to give them data on the screen that conforms with the filter criteria they wish to apply. Secondly, (sorry almost done!) how can I show the number of records that have a particular Yes/No check box ticked. Was thinking along the lines of having a couple of text boxes that count all the 'inside strategic zone' check boxes that are ticked and the same for 'outside strategic zone' How can I do this As I'm sure you will have picked up on, I am just setting out on my Access Database Learning curve, I have very limited experience but I am hoping to develop my own skills over the next few years. I have been humbled by the knowledge of the patrons here and warmed by the goodwill shown to helping the novices like myself who come here asking for your assistance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

populating the same field in 2 forms

I have 2 forms. Information from one field links both forms (though it is not the primary key). Using a "open form" button I want the field on the second form to be populated with the contents from the same field on the first form, when a user selects the open form button. I imagine all of this is very doable in SQL, however I am using Access GUI to construct my database and have no time to learn SQL at this stage. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Refreshing subforms - as you type

Hi- I have a form that I use as a look up with a subform which contains query results. The text boxes on my form update the subform after the field is updated (after update). I am using the following code: =Forms!lookup.[document look-up (sub)].Form.requery This works perfectly to refresh/requery the subform after I update the textbox field. Is it possible to have the subform refresh/requery everytime I type a letter in For example, if I type in the word "apple", the results would start to filter as soon as I start typing the letter "a" and then even further with the other letters. I have a lot of records I am querying and sometimes a few letters get me the results I need and other times it takes a couple words. That's why I feel it would be helpful to have it refresh on each keystroke.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Problem with mousewheel.dll and disabling scroll record on multiple forms

So I wanted to disable scroll records on all my forms so I did what Microsoft suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspxscid=kb;EN-US;q278379 It seems to work most of the time, but sometimes it messes up and I get the following error. Code: Runtime error '91' object variable or with block variable not set The following line is highlighted when I try to debug it. Code: clsMouseWheel.SubClassUnHookForm I put the following code in just about every form I have because many of them consists of data entry. Code: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private WithEvents clsMouseWheel As MouseWheel.CMouseWheel Private Sub Form_Load() Set clsMouseWheel = New MouseWheel.CMouseWheel Set clsMouseWheel.Form = Me clsMouseWheel.SubClassHookForm End Sub Private Sub Form_Close() clsMouseWheel.SubClassUnHookForm Set clsMouseWheel.Form = Nothing Set clsMouseWheel = Nothing End Sub Private Sub clsMouseWheel_MouseWheel(Cancel As Integer) MsgBox "You cannot use the mouse wheel to scroll records." Cancel = True End Sub I think the problem lies in the fact that sometimes these forms are open simultaneously or something. Anyone know why and how to fix this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

TreeView to open forms

, I am here again. I have found on the web a great code to create treeviews in access and have been able to create my own but still need a final help. I would like to add a code to the click event so that when a selection (node) is made in the treeview, it will open a form which is based on a query which has a criteria to a txtfield on my forms. Ex. Treeview: -General + Form1 + Form2 -Other +Report1 +Report1 When I click on Form1, it should open a form names Form1, using a criteria that a type in a txtbox. Can anyone help me in finding a solution
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Switchboard stops my forms' VBA code from working?

I have several forms that I've built... Most of them have some sort of VBA code built in somewhere, like:Select a record with the key-value control, and the rest of the controls position to that record"OnChange event: Set bound control equal to the value of unbound control"...etc. Straightforward stuff. The record positioning code was created by Access's wizard for creating a combobox, for example. These forms work perfectly when I launch them from the Database window. However, I just created a switchboard, and when I launch them from the switchboard, the forms no longer work properly -for example, if I select a key value, the remaining controls remain blank. Is there a simple reason I hate being new to this... I think I'd take fewer blows in a fight with Tyson... (well, certainly I'd give up quicker! )
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Required fields in subforms?

I have what I think would be an easy problem, but I'm new to Access (and databases in general, I have to admit), and I'm getting nowhere on my own. I have a database with a main form that corresponds to a table of contacts. This main form has a number of subforms containing secondary information for each contact: correspondence records, secondary addresses, education information, and the like. I'd like several fields in some subforms--or the subforms themselves, if possible--to be required before a new entry can be saved. In other words, I don't want users saving records without certain key information--for instance, a contact's year of college graduation (a field within an "education" subform). I've tried setting fields on the table level to Required (& setting ow Zero Length to No), but Access will only display a dialog box and require data entry if a user clicks on a subform that includes such required fields. Otherwise--if they fill out only the fields on the main form (first name, last name, company, etc)--they will not be prompted to fill out required subform fields, and the record will be saved with a number of blank fields. Is there any way to make these subforms, or certain fields within them, required
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Popup forms

Hi , I have a main form showing a number if information for one project. Within this form I have yes/no buttons that when clicked, open a popup form where you can add additional data. The problem I'm having is that when opened, the record # for the pop form does not match the record # for the main form. Example: Let's say I'm in the main form and showing record #5. When I click the yes/no button to add extra info, the popup form opens but it shows record #1, not #5. Any ideas how to tell the popup form to link with the corresponding record would be very much appreaciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Updating oracle backend tables from MS access forms(dynamically)??

, My requirement is this... I have to use MS Access as front end with ODBC connection to Oracle 9i DB. The application(forms) should be able to update, delete ,insert records into oracle tables(backend). i have a main form,which has some unique id's and other info about the ids and the subform shows several matching id's for that unique id in main form. the user who uses this application should be able to 1) search for the unique id in the main form such that the subform displays all its matches 2) they should be able to select anyone match and say approve(there can only be one match), then that particular record should be updated in the table.IF I USE A CHECK BOX AND IF THEY CLICK ON ONE RECORD AS MATCH,HOW DO I TAKE THAT RECORD SAY THE ID , NAME ADDRESS AND ALL DETAILS AND UPDATE THE TABLE\t similarly when they select some other record i should give option of deleting other irrelevant matches in the backend table. the main form and the subform uses the same table as source.updates are to another table, i should also have to put entry into audit table about which record was deleted and which one inserted.. How should i do this\t i am new to MS access .VBA, any help would be highly appreciated!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Syncronising 2 forms

I have two forms in a maintenance database. The first allows users to enter details of the maintenance request and the second allows the administrator to enter cost details of materials etc needed. I want the administrator to be able to click a cmd button and the second forms opens automatically at the current record in the first form. I am fairly new at this gane so some clear guidance would be very much appreciated. Beeky
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Novice question about forms...

, I am pretty new to Access. I am able to create simple forms that will interact with tables, reports, etc.. I am trying to go a little farther and customize a form that will automatically be displayed when the user opens the file. I have read that you must have 'modal' properties set to yes. I have done this and when I enter then .mdb file, I still see the default menu. Do I have to write an expression within the properties And if so, on which command Also, I would like to become more familiar with customizing forms. Is anyone familiar with a web based step-by-step tutorial out there that will walk a person through the process I am not satisfied with the Help menu.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

conditional formatting on continuous forms

I have an accounting database with queues that list each requisition's important information (ID, vendor, dates, etc) plus the its status (not yet submitted, approved, ordered, delivered, filed, etc). I'd like the font of the status field to change color depending on its value. I can't use the standard conditional formatting because there are more than 3 statuses. I've tried an If/Then statement, but the form only looks at the status of the first record, then colors the font of the status fields for the consecutive records that same color no matter what their value. How do I get it to evaluate per record As in, if the first record has a Submitted status, its font is blue, but the next record is Ordered so its font is red. Here's my code, I used it in the OnOpen event for the form: If req_process_status_rec_id = 2 Then process_status.ForeColor = 13209 ElseIf req_process_status_rec_id = 1 Then process_status.ForeColor = 8388608 ElseIf req_process_status_rec_id = 3 Then process_status.ForeColor = 8388736 ElseIf req_process_status_rec_id = 4 Then process_status.ForeColor = 16737843 ElseIf req_process_status_rec_id = 5 Then process_status.ForeColor = 52479 ElseIf req_process_status_rec_id = 7 Then process_status.ForeColor = 6723891 ElseIf req_process_status_rec_id = 8 Then process_status.ForeColor = 16711935 End If
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Users unable to access new forms/tables

I enabled security on an .mdb which included several users that are in the Full Data Users group. After I did this I needed to add a new form to the application, so I logged into the application and added it. However, though the admin group and the Full Permissions group can access it fine, the Full Data Users group cannot. I have double checked all of the settings and have even rebuilt the .mdw file to no avail. Any thoughts
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Open only forms// I need Help

hi i am new in Access and i make one project with it. Now i need when i open the indexForm i want open only it and not the access with table,queries,reports and access menu.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!