How to create accounts with username and password in MS Access

I tried creating new accounts in MS Access 2003 thru

Tools>Security>User and Group Accounts.

I can log in successfully in the database with my username and password in MY COMPUTER. But if I send it thru an email to a person in other countries. The data doesnt ask for a username and a password anymore. They can access the database without username and password.

Posted On: Thursday 18th of October 2012 12:00:42 AM Total Views:  213
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft Access PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Data Access Pages: What they are and how to create one

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

create a query that will show all my contacts under one category

How do I create a query in Access that will show all my contacts under one category I have tblContacts with a "Categories" field. The Categories field is a drop down with multiple value. It gets it's information from tblCategories. The relationship is tblContacts Catergory Value with tblCategories CategoryID. I want to create a perimater query where I can say [what catergoy do you want to see] and type in a category and get all the names in my contacts that are in that category. I have tried a parameter query and just selcting a specific category but it does not work and is showing me an error of it being too complex.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

$50 question,(msAccess) can somebody create user input?

, I am trying to create input field where if managers know that budget is same for next 4 quarters, then they would enter 4 and record will be populated four times while only change will be incremental increase in quarters. If somebody can provide me with a code to do this, I will pay that person $50 through paypal to show my appreciation.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

From two sheets take multiple columns and create new excel sheet.

This is my first thread/post in this forum. I have MS Access2007 installed in my PC. I have exported two excel sheets in Access and I want to create another sheet using Access query with multiple columns from both sheets in a new sheet. Hope understand. Any idea would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do I make sure my form opens with no values?

At the moment, my form opens showing details of the first record in the associated table or remnants of data from the last time I was playing around in it. If a user opens the form and it already contains data, there's a danger that the wrong stuff will get saved. How do I make sure it opens with nothing in it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with multiple IIF statements

From my understanding ACCESS does not have the ability to perform case statements, thus I tried to use IIF statement. This works fine, but I think it may have some limitations. I still need to add 4 more IIF statements. When I try to do so, I receive an error message "expression too complex in query expression". Is there another way around this Below is the Access SQL view of my code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

AutoFill Form BUT with AutoAdd if new HELP!

I cannot find any solution to this ANYWHERE, PLEASE HELP! When I make a new transaction on the data entry form: I need to be able to type in the memberID number and have all the member info (address, PH#, FX#, etc.) automatically fill in the form using information found on the member in the member information table. BUT HERE IS THE RUB: If the memberID number is new, I want to be able to fill in all the member info and the new info will update my member information table. When i try to use regular autofill stuff (like using a form based off a query that uses 2 tables, one to refer to a member id and the other to get information from the member table) I can auto fill the form if the member exists. but if it does not and i enter a new member id, and i fill in the name and last name and phone and ect. it gives an error saying the member info does not appear on the member table and so it can not proceed. HOW DO I MAKE IT SO IT AUTOFILLS IF I ENTER MEMBERID, BUT IF ITS A NEW MEMBER, THE INFORMATION I MANUALLY ENTER ADDS A NEW MEMBER TO THE MEMBER TABLE\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Update with Sub Query

I have 2 tables, one which I'm trying to update, and the other which holds the data I need to update the first table with. Here is what I thought would do this: DoCmd.runSQL "Update C_GasDemand SET [C_GasDemand].[Volume] = (SELECT DISTINCT [I_GasConsumption].[Fuel Consumption] FROM [I_GasConsumption] WHERE [I_GasConsumption].[Power]= [C_GasDemand].[Power Out] AND I_GasConsumption.[Environment] = C_GasDemand.[Environment]) ;" Hpowever, this doesn't work and returns error 3073, 'Operation must use an updateable query'. I've googled this and found some suggestions of how to use DLookup, but nothing I try to adapt for my own use seems to work. Can anyone help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Data Entry with Expansion ability

I am putting together a form for data entry in my database. I have a bunch of tables that are yes no attribute type. THis is for inspections. Each table being a different group, i.e. basement, bathroom) What I was wondering was if there was a way to create a form that can expand and hide each group...just like it does in microsoft explore when you can walk down into yout C drive. Where instead of folders it would be the category, when they open the category it would have the Check boxes for the tables fields....they check the correct ones and then save. PLease see attachment for what I am trying to explain... Can I do this in Access and how....anyone done theis before and maybe have a couple code examples
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Update To Field in query using Function with Select Case

This doesn't seem like it should be complicated, but for some reason I'm not figuring it out. I just want to update a field in a table based what is found in another field in another table. So, I have a Public Function with a Select Case statement. Then I'm trying to call to that function in the "Update To" field of an update query. I'm having a hard time trying to find the proper Syntax to do this. After Public Function.....do I want to first put the field that I'm updating, or the field that I'm looking at to determine what to update to In the following (very rough) example, Description would be a field in the "ItemsOrdered" table, and Product would be the field that I want to update in the "Contracts" table. The tables are joined (1 to many), and in the Criteria row for the Product field I have "Unassigned". EX. Public Function Product(Description As String) As String Select Case Description Case "Advance" Product = "Honors" Case "Other" Product = "Alternate" Case Else Product = "Unknown" End Select Then in the query, the only column I would have is the Product field from the "Contracts" table, and in the Update To field it is Productxxxx\t I believe in the update to field it should be FunctionName(Product) for this example. But that doesn't seem to work. Or do I need to set the table name for where Description is somewhere in the Function Or maybe a Do While Product = "Unassigned" type of loop Although I was thinking that this would be covered by putting that in the criteria of the query. Any examples or references would be GREATLY appreciated! I think I just need to see it in use to get myself on the right track. I'm not finding any posts, or references anywhere to a Select Case statement being used when the fields are in 2 seperate tables. And my attempts just to try it with fields in the same table (for testing) have resulting it the fields being updated to just Null or seemingly blank values. Although it does only update the records where Product = "Unassigned", so I guess I've got that part right! Reply With Quote
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to create a chart of rows?

hello I'm making a small program that will get 5 sizes and save them in w1,w2,...,w5 rows. then it should create a line chart with the information of w1,...,w5 fields but i can not put w1,...,w5 fields in the axis ... can someone help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with "Compile error: Method or data member not found"

I am helping a peer with their Access database. The creator of the database added the following code: Private Sub cmdNew_Click() Dim intseq As Integer Dim i As Integer On Error GoTo Err_cmdNew_Click intseq = 0 'Initialize variable DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Me.[FileReviewWorksheet.ClaimNumber] = [Forms]![frmMain]![Claim Number] Me.[FileReviewWorksheet.Vehiclenum] = [Forms]![frmMain]![Vehiclenum] If [Forms]![frmMain]![List6].ListCount = 0 Then Me.ReviewItemNum = 1 Else intseq = 0 For i = 1 To [Forms]![frmMain]![List6].ListCount If [Forms]![frmMain]![List6].Column(1, i - 1) > intseq Then intseq = [Forms]![frmMain]![List6].Column(1, i - 1) End If Next i Me.ReviewItemNum = intseq + 1 End If Exit_cmdNew_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdNew_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_cmdNew_Click End Sub The compile error refers to the "Me.ReviewItemNum = 1" part of the code. How can I resolve this error Do I have to add a reference If so, how do I find the reference I need to add
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Opening one report with different data on the screen

Hi all, I have this Code in my access application. The problem is I need to open one report with different data at the same time! Code: Do While Not rs.EOF stOpenDate = "(QryRptCustomer.ReportMonth)='" & cboMonth.Value & "' and (QryRptCustomer.CustomerId)=" & rs!CustomerID & "" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewReport, , stOpenDate rs.MoveNext Loop By this code it is only opening one report how can I fix this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Echo with Treview

, I have created a database and am using treview controls on my forms. They work very good but when I need to open another form by clicking on the treview, although I have added the code DoCmd.Echo True it seems not working. I have tried the False but the forms get stuck. I have also added to code the open event of the other form but nothing. Is there a way I can avoid to see to action of opening the form in the background Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I am trying to create command button that will write something on its subform

. thanks you for help in advance. I am creating database for inventory management especially for laptop. I have a form that has all the laptop data and it has its subform which is for tracking its history. I am trying to create a check out button that can ask users for the name then if the name is entered it writes on the subform whatever the name is. It also automatically writes checkout date on the subform as well. Can I get some assistance since I am struggling where to begin and which codes will be useful
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Mathematical Operator Criteria with Converted(?) Text

I used Expression Builder to create a field in a query which converts an invoice date (formatted as text) to a number and calculates the number of months between said date and the current date using the following expression: Exp1: val(datediff("m",[InvoiceDate],Now())) In the criteria area of the field I've entered "
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with Report based on a Query

Hi: I created a query to extract data from a linked table. The query does not have any sorting. Then I created a Report based on the query. The report does not have any grouping or sorting. The issue is: When I run the report I get the same data that I get from the query, but it comes out sorted. I cannot even find by which field the data is being sorted. I have double checked the query and the report and they do not have any sorting or grouping of any kind. By the way I am using Access 2007. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

AdSchemaPrimaryKeys fails with MS Access

Hi I am trying to access either SQL Server Express ro MS Access databases from C++ code (ADO). I want to retreive the Primary key of a table(s) - this I can get to work fine with SQL Server but when I connect using the Access driver it fails. connection string = Con->Open(L"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=D:\\Data\\Dev\\CMS\\2.0\\2.0.0.0\\Data\\CMS 2.mdb;", L"", L"", -1L); The connection opens, but then when try to open a recordset to get the primary key using: ADODB::_RecordsetPtr Rs1; Rs1 = Con->OpenSchema(ADODB::adSchemaPrimaryKeys, varData); It fails with: Msg: Unknown error 0x800A0CB3 Description: Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation. \t Can anyone help - if you have a code snippet in say VB etc I could soon convert it. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Resizing a subform within a form

I have created a new database which is ready to be used by a number of people in various offices. Yes, crazy I know! The company had me (total amateur) design a database for the whole company. Big mistake.. but well... haha, we'll see. The slight problem I now face is the size of the windows. Two forms hold a subform in each. I initially created these at a fairly small size (just simply by pulling at the edges of the subform and resizing it). Then, after people said it was too small, I resized the subforms so that they near-enough fill the size of the screen. A simple procedure. However, for whatever reason, although the subforms are always the same size on my computer.. if I open the database on another computer it is the smaller size. I don't understand. The file is on a network, so anything I alter on my design.. is altered on another persons computer (because they are opening the same file). However, resizing it doesn't seem to have worked properly. It seems to be exclusive to my computer. Now in my office, I could manually go around and resize it correctly on every computer... but across the other offices, I cannot do that. Can someone please tell me perhaps what I am doing wrong Is there soemthing I need to change so that when i resize windows/forms on my computer, it will be resized when another user opens the same database It should be something very simple.. but I cannot see it. But here I am.. total amateur! =) Just out of interest, I have a main menu screen that opens when you first open the database - and this is a set size. On every other computer, it is the same size. So I don't see why this screen has stayed the same size, but the subforms/forms do not.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MS access help needed with delete record

I am fairly new at this so please bera with me. I created a table called vehicles with one field called vehicle. I then created a form to "Add a Vehicle" to add a new record which worked great. However, I had to go into the table and mark it as a primary key. Then, I created a form to delete a record. I made a combo box to grab records from the table, where you select the record to delete, and then used the command button to delete a record. I got error message 3022 telling me that it would create duplicate values....Is this because at the end of the table is the add new record which is blank and then delete record makes the value blank as well Is there something I can do I am so confused. I spent all day creating a work around with a delete query only I am having trouble with this as well. I created a combo list to select the value and then created my own command button which sets the value and uses a delete query. Works great (the value is deleted from the table) but when I open the form to do another delete, the value still hsows up in the combo box either as the value or #delete. If I open and close a few times it goes away. Any advice
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!