create table relatonships

hi,

Table:SEG_Student
fields: studentID(PK), School, Name, Password

Table:Results
fields:ID(PK), studentID, paper, score1, score2

I want to link the data in SEG_Student "studentID" to the table Results "StudentID"

So when i use sql select query :
Code: strSQL = "Select * FROM Results WHERE (studentID = '" & Session("StudID") & "') AND (Paper ='"& Paper &"')" then would not need to have extra copy of studentID data in Results "StudentID", how can i achieve that
Posted On: Monday 22nd of October 2012 05:58:15 AM Total Views:  288
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft Access PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

New question: create subdatasheets

Hi once again! I am trying to see if it would be possible to realize this design: I have a table with 20 records (equipment names) and each one of them as a unique serial number and a lot of other fields; Somehow I need to create a subdatasheet for each one of those records! This subdatasheet will contain pin to pin connections informations (lots of records maybe 70) for the cables attached to the equipment ! Example: TabEquipment_Names eqp1 |__frompin || topin || signal || modified... |__frompin || topin || signal || modified... |__frompin || topin || signal || modified... |__frompin || topin || signal || modified... |__frompin || topin || signal || modified... eqp2 |__frompin || topin || signal || modified... |__frompin || topin || signal || modified... |__frompin || topin || signal || modified... |__frompin || topin || signal || modified... eqp3 |__frompin || topin || signal || modified... |__frompin || topin || signal || modified... |__frompin || topin || signal || modified... |__frompin || topin || signal || modified... As you can understand each equipment has a proprietary cable with specific pin to pin connections so I CANNOT create a single subdatasheet for the whole TabEquipment_Names table, but I would need to specifically create a table for each record in the Equipment_Names table, isn`t that correct Is there any way to do this Thank you. e.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 18th October 2012
View Replies!

Dynamically create text fields in form and fill data

I want a help on this complicated issue: On running a select query with "a*" of names in a table: Results are : America, Argentina Now I want this to dynamically create 2 text fileds in a form and fill America &".snp" in first and Argentina &".snp" in 2nd filed. It is not regarding subform to display data of query result. This I am going to use to add attchment for outlook email session as being discussed in my Email from access with attachment thread.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MsAccess : create Upload image form

To Repected Viewers' I'm developing small window application using msaccess database and forms. I want to create a form where a user can upload or attached or save as images to another folder or direct to msaccess database... "Just like a uploading profile photo" so please let me know regards mdateeq2003
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Concatenate name fields to create login name

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can ASP or ACCESS create a database search report?

there, can anyone advise if the following is possible and if so how it might be done I have created a site using DWMX04, ASP & ACCESS. I would like to be able to have some sort of report on what is being searched on the database. Can this be done in ACCESS or by using ASP Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Mally.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to create Family relationships?

, I am building a DB for a nonprofit, and trying to figure out how to create a family relationship for contacts. Basically, it will be for mailing- so they receive only one, and to record donations. At times, John and Mary Smith will donate together, and sometimes John Smith will donate in conjuction with an organization. So, I would like the family relationship to be with John and Mary Smith, but also would like to be able to track that John Smith, but not Mary, is a member of that particular organization. I would like the donations that John & Mary make together to show up in both their records, but the donations that John makes with an organization to show only in his record and the organization record. Is this possible to create in access I'm a bit stumped at this point. Can any one help me with the best way to set this up
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using the Chart wizard to create a graph

When I use the Chart Wizard to create a chart it looks fine in the preview but when i change it to form design - to alter the fonts etc- it gives me a graph which looks as if it comes from the Northwest database. What on earth is going on\t PS Am i best using graphs in reports or Pivot charts
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is there a way to create an online chat room in Access?

I have an Access DB online and I was wondering if I could get a chat room incorporated into the DB so my remote users can collaborate without using e-mails.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Using Access to create a reminder in Outlook

I am creating a contract database for work. I need to somehow be able to create reminders and tasks in outlook (for specific employees) based on when the project milestones are due (one table in the database), reporting dates (another table) etc. So that a week or so before a reminder will come up in the relevant employee's outlook to remind them to take action. Also for when payments are to be made, when to send out invoices etc. I have found an 'automation' code on the internet (pasted below), but I couldn't understand it - as I've only just started using Access and am still very much a beginner. If someone could help me I would very very much appreciate it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

How to create with different input data

I have a database that includes records from inspections from various storage vendors. I want to create a button on the main input form that will first, ask a person to input the vendor ID and then run a report to show all the inspections at that vendor. I have already created the query and report but I don't know how to create a button that will just ask the person to input the vendor ID number and go from there to complete the report. Currently I have to open the query in design mode, change the criteria in the vendor ID field, save it, and then run the report. Is this possible Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Automatically create DSN

PKStormy, I checked out the link in your reply in reference to the below thread and have downloaded the sample. This sample is something that will be useful in my dbs. My question is how do I change the setting in the DSN Config window to use SQL Server Authentication and to add the password for the login password using the sample module http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...ly-341816.html
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

How to create Reports in Access

Ok here is what I'm needing to do. I want to create a custom report in access using sql statements. Here is my sql statement below: select count(branch), count(CEP), count(Status) from Users I'm using Access 2007, so what steps do I need take to make this happen
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

How do i create a subform which displays query results?

hi im currently trying to complete an access project involving a music player creation. i've created a form to search through the database for specific songs (e.g by title, artiste etc.). how do i create a subform in the form so that users can type in their search in the form and see the results in the subform just below
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Cannot enter data on form created from query

I created a query with 2 tables. Then I used the menu to automatically create a form for the query data. It will not allow me to change any data on the form. Of course, I can change the data directly in the query results, but I need a form for another user.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Linked tables, using a form to create records

I hope that somebody can help me with this I have one table that contains a list of applications that need to be tested. I have another table that contains a list of all the different test scripts that are run. I have another linking table that contains the id from the applications table and the id from the test scripts table along with other data about the test results. I want to be able to create a form which displays details of an application, and then lists all of the values from the test scripts table. The user then needs to be able to select the scripts that apply to this application, and create values in my linking table. I have already created a form that then allows other users to navigate through the linked test scripts entering in the test results. Is anybody able to advise me on how to create my form that will list all the values from the one table in such a way that i can select them, and then use a comand button to add records to my linking table. (the ID for the linking table is a concatination of the ID's from the other two tables) Any advise would be greatly appreaciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

How to create a search form with multiple criteria?

Dear members, this is my first post, I need some help with an access project. GOAL: develop an access DB with information which is easily searchable. CONTENT: people with criteria Name, hair color, availability, sex, skin color, travel possibilities (zipcode) ex. John, grey, 24h a day, male, black, 1230/1234/5432 NEEDED: form in which a user can check the criteria for which he/she is looking in a person RESULT: list with people who match the selected criteria EXAMPLE: I am looking for all male persons who are available 24h a day in the zipcodes 1230 and 5432. This search query will result in John. How can this be buikd in Access, do you have examples I can download or give me some ideas. Is this a complex project
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

How to atomically create graphs using vba

I have a number of deliverables and want to create a graph for each one, I can get a list of deliverable via a select statement but not sure how to create a graph from that For example I have this sql statement as the row source for a graph Code: SELECT Team.TeamLeadName AS Expr1, FormatPercent(Avg(RawData.PercentComplete)) AS CurrentProgress FROM Team, RawData WHERE (((RawData.TeamLeadNumber)=[Team].[TeamLeadNumber]) AND ((RawData.DeliverableDesc)="RACE Off-the-runs v1")) GROUP BY Team.TeamLeadName; "RACE Off-the-runs v1" is a deliverable I had the idea of taking the list of deliverables and iterating through them, for each iteration set the row source for a graph as Code: SELECT Team.TeamLeadName AS Expr1, FormatPercent(Avg(RawData.PercentComplete)) AS CurrentProgress FROM Team, RawData WHERE (((RawData.TeamLeadNumber)=[Team].[TeamLeadNumber]) AND ((RawData.DeliverableDesc)="deliverableNAME")) GROUP BY Team.TeamLeadName; where deliverableNAME = the current deliverable in the iteration The problem is 1) Im not sure if/how to set the row source with a variable (in this case the variable is deliverableNAME) 2) How would I make sure that each iteration its creating a new graph, rather then just overwriting the existing one. Basically how to have each iteration create a new graph. 3) How would I store these graphs, each one on its own form, can they all be on one form (access seems to limit the height a form to 22 inches)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

how to create tool bar menue in access

Hi . I want create a tool bar menue in access 2000 that is linked to indvidule forms in my access but i do not know how i to do it. Just like internet explorer tool bar menue that has file edit view ... and u can click and a drop down list comes and u can select one and .... I want make such menue in access that each drop down list item from menue is linked to form and once it is selected that a perticuler form loads. I be happy if some one show me how to make such tool bar menue.(i want it the menue loads once i click on the mdb file)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

How to create a search form in msAccess?

I am using msAccess to develop a small application. I have 2 tables, student and course, and I need to create a form with 3 fields - by_id, by_date, by_course_id This form can generate a view only table according to the field the user entered. Can anyone help me on this What's the step to do so Thnx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

how to create a horizontal line across the access chart?

I have to create a horizontal across the chart whereby the y-axis value is 1500. Can anyone help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!