Combo Box in Table

I have a table that someone else set up and when I open the table in datasheet view there is one of the fields that has a combo box attached to it. I need to add a value to this drop down box. When I look at the table in design view I do not see anywhere to change the drop down box or even how it was added.

Thank you
Posted On: Monday 22nd of October 2012 05:57:17 AM Total Views:  232
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft Access PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Can selecting a combo box make a text box visible again?

Is it possible when choosing a combo box to have it make a text box visible, when in this text boxes properties you've chosen visible=NO. Can an event procedure or some code be written that will make visible=YES.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 18th October 2012
View Replies!

onclick witha combo box

hi again folks! i was wondering since i am not so good at VB, if you can help me out with this one problem i have. i haver this combo box, and i have 2 items listed in it, and when i highlight the correct code, i want the CMD button to open up the correct form page. i know it goes someting like this but i do not know the correct syntax. Code: Private Sub Command31_Click() if [you choose this list], [open Form1] Elseif [you choose this list], [open form2] End Sub I just need help with the syntax Pleas help Me!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Images in list/combo boxes

is there any way to get a picture into a listbox or combo box ie: [image1] option1 [image2] option2 etc.. kinda the way outlook does their labeling feature.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need help with SELECT ALL for combobox

Need simple code / procedure to checkbox (select) all items listed in a combobox by either selecting an option of "SELECT ALL" from the list or clicking a command button next to the combobox. I would prefer using the latter option if possible. I have tried a couple of suggested codes from other sites using "SELECT ALL" in the list and it isn't working (checkboxes not shown as checked & only "SELECT ALL" shows in the record instead of each item within the list). Form name is "State" Combobox name is "Product", pulling records for drop-down from tblProduct.ProductName. Command Button name so far is "Command17". I am using Access 2007, so as long as I can get the checkboxes in the combo field to show checked, I am good on storing the selected data by string.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Subform based on combo field

I am trying to alter a template (Desktop Product Inventory Database). I have it pretty much set up the way I'd like it, however I am having problems with my PurchaseOrderDetail form. I'd like to be able to select a category, and have the subreport only show cards from that category. I tried making a query [Forms]![PurchaseOrderDetail]![selected] but that does not seem to be working, not sure why. The form I am working on is PurchaseOrderDetail and PurchaseOrderLineItems, I included the original versions as well. I eventually want to delete the supplier box, since I'd like to be able to have more than one category, the supplier box only allows one. end result example: category select [drop down box] list of cards in that category, ability to select some then I'd like to be able to select a new category, within the same purchase and select more cards link: docs.google.com/openid=0B0RLVeeWAtNxTktXdUNPdHpuSUE
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Enter key behavior on combo box

I migrated my database from access 2003 to access 2010. Everything in my database is working properly, but i have a combo box on my form and i want the cursor to stay in that look up box after the user presses enter. (so my users can look up multiple records without changing fields). It used to do this automatically now it goes to the next field in the tab order. The design of 2010 is so different, i cant find the tool to change it. Sorry this is kind of a newbish question, access 2010 is like a new animal.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Input form for multiple tables with combo box?

I need to create an input form to enter data to the tables 1 & 3 described below Table1 ClientTBL *CID (Client ID primary key) CFirstName (Client First Name) CLastName (Client Last Name) EnrollmentDate (Client Enrollment Date) Table2 SkillsTBL (Will be a static table that is just a list of skills, not updated or not updated often) *SkillID (Skill ID primary key) Skill (Skills List) Table3 ClientSkillsTBL *CID *SkillID From what I am reading, I believe I need to do a form with a subform. The main form control source is the ClientTBL and the subform control source is the ClientSkillsTBL. The first part (the easy part Im sure), I think I have with just placing text boxes for the CID, CFirstName, CLastName, and EnrollmentDate. Im not sure if this has a part in it or not, but my relationship table says these are 1 to many relationships and they are many to many relationships. However, what my goal is, is to enter up to 10 skills for each client. So the original idea I had was the input form would have 10 combo boxes that I could select 1-10 skills for the client. So some clients may have 1 skill, while others may have 10. I was using combo boxes, so there could be no discrepancies in the skills entered and it could be selected quickly by beginning to type the skill as the skill list will be somewhat long. My next problem is creating a query based on say 1-5 skills. I have a query that I use a custom parameter dialog box with a combo box on it and it works with 1 skill. So from the dialog box, I select a skill and it gives me a query of clients with that skill. Now I need to be able to choose several skills and get a query of clients with all of the skills. Im not sure if that is confusing, so basically if an employer calls in and wants someone who has a specific skill we can pull that up. Or if an employer wants someone with multiple skills we can pull that up. I did see the tutorial on here about this and it does make sense, but can I do the same thing, but use my custom parameter I apologize if this doesnt make sense, my Access knowledge is based on searching the internet to do what I need to do at a specific time, so my knowledge is sporadic. Also I do not have Access at home, so other than describing the tables (above) and the queries (below), I have the file that I could upload/email if those work. Query SkillFinderQRY CID SkillID Skills Criteria = [Forms]![DeedSkillFinder]![cboDeed1] CFirstName CLastName
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Default value in combo box

, I am doing a project when the form is opened it has a default employee selected in a combo box. I have tried multiple things but the combox box either opens blank or the value does not get saved. I have tried many things from putting Code: [resource].itemdata(6) I would place this in properties in default value I've tried Code: Me!ComboName.DefaultValue = Me!ComboName.ItemData(0) I would put this line of code in form load and the combox box would come up blank I've also tried Code: resource.value = "John Smith" it would show up in the combo box but when i click save it shows a different value on the table. Please help. I don't understand why this isn't working Thank you for your time.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Reports and filters with combo boxes

I'm working on a database for a large non-profit that administers a nation-wide test. The db is tracking special accommodations for students as they request them on a case by case basis. We want to have a report that will show which items are requested vs which ones are approved. I've created a combo box that lists 'none', 'medication', 'medical equipment', and 'food and drink' as options, and the data enterer is allowed to select multiple boxes. The combo boxes are identical for the 'requested' and 'approved' fields. I want the report to list whatever items have been requested next to those that are approved for each person who requests these items. When I run the report, it includes all of the records in the database, whether or not they've requested these items. I've set a filter to only include those records with any combination of medication, medical equipment and food and drink. I've tried everything to get this report to run correctly (using values from the combo boxes, running queries first, etc.), but it just isn't working. The reports seem to double list everything. For instance, If a person requests medication and food and drink, and receive approval for both, it shows up as: Medication, food and drink (req) - Medication, food and drink(app) Food and drink, Medication (req) - Medication, food and drink (app) I'm almost certain it boils down to a problem with the filter I'm trying to put on the report. I know it's probably something small, but it's been driving me crazy for over a week! I'd appreciate any help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

#deleted in combo box for delete action

I am a programmer somewhat new to Access. Our company lost our Access expert and I have been assigned an issue with a form in Access 2002. The form has a combo box in which employee name is selected. There is a subform under it with a combo box from which year is selected from a list of values. A subform under it lists the project name, allocation type, and forecast hours by month for the employee for the year selected above. The employee can have multiple project records. There is a union query that produces the project name and project identifier and an employee table with name and employee number. The employee table has a one to many relationship with a main table containing the employee number, year, project identifier, allocation type, and hours by month. The form is for both data entry and maintenance. The form was designed for users to add, update, and delete records. The issue is with deletes. Sporadically, when the first record in the list of detail is deleted, #deleted appears in the year combo box, all of the detail is erased from the form leaving only a blank record displayed. If the main table is viewed, the record is deleted, but unrelated records are added to the employee that had the record deleted. If the delete works as it should, the record is deleted, the year remains displayed in the combo box, and the remaining records are still displayed. The main table did not have a primary key. In an effort to fix this, I did create composite keys, removed null values from the keys, and removed duplicate values in key records. This did not fix the issue. Please let me know if anyone has suggestions on what can be done to resolve this. I do not have cascade on delete checked.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Macros to combo box list items

How to associate macros to list items of a combo box in an accdb form
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Showing only filtered records in a combo box

, I have a form with various filters applied, i want to now select a record from the remaining, filtered records using a combo box but i don't know how to go about doing this. I have searched help forums and am a begginer on access but have used some code so far. I guess its something to do with a filter property and recordset but i'm not sure!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Link of combobox from same table

I thought i had this fixed, but i cant seem to get this working. I have 1 table called AGENTALL and i have 2 colums. Agents and manager. So it would look like Agent Manager Dave Carmen Bill Gates There each agent has an assigned manager. I have a form that has 2 combo boxes, 1 agents(cmbagent) and 1 managers(cmbmanager) I need this to work like if i select manager it lists the managers, which works and if i select a specific manager the agent combobox will only be populated with the agent names associated to it. Anyone able to assist it would be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Load record to form depending on value in combo box

, I have 2 combo boxes. The first one gives a lis of Prefix letters for railcars. The second uses the value of the 1st and finds railcars that start with the same letters. finally got the 2nd combo box to list the prefix and number of a railcar based on the 1st combo box and also got it to clear as each run-through starts. Now that the user can select a number (ex. dfcv1234 as the railcar), I need to find the record with the prefix dfcv and the car number 1234 and load the record to the form for view and editing. So far, I know it needs to be the after update event and have a select statement that finds the [key], [prefix], [car_number] that matches the value selected on the form but how do I use the key to make the record show on the form
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Controlling changes to combo box

I have a form. In it is a status field that can be: NEW SENT CREDIT COLLECT CLOSED When the item is created, it is given a "NEW" Status. And there is a command button on the form that can change the status to "SENT". However, based on external factors (email received or system report examined) the user can manually change the status to the CREDIT, COLLECT or CLOSED. Now, I want to make sure that then can't change the status manually to "SENT", only the system is allowed to do that via the command button. How can I allow them to use some of the allowed values, but not others David
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Requery value of combo to listbox

, I have a form with a text box, a combo and a listbox. The textbox stores the name of the user. The combobox gets its data from a query. I would like that when I open my form, by default the list box will show all the records of a table named Master and then, I would use the combo to requery the list by selecting another user. records under that criteria, will have to show up in the list box.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Bind a combo box to a report

I have a report that I would like to bind to a combo box. I have built the combo box with the table that I need but I need it to select and print a specific report when the user selects the correct item from the combo box. I really do not know if this is possible and my coding ability is next to nil, but having it would really help my users.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Adding combo box data to a table

I have an existing FORM called Evaluations where you can select a trainer and a trainee from two different combo boxes. Once a name is selected from both of the combo boxes I click on an assign button and I want it to record those two names selected into my evaluations table in the Trainer_Name and Trainee_Name columns. How do I do that\t Please help\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

changing combobox value

I have a combo box with an SQL rowsource. How can I automatically select the 'next' value (through VB) within the same combo box Also, I will like to display a message like 'This was the last record' in case there is no 'next' value to go to. Please let me know if i have given too little information.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

update a form by selecting from a combo box

I have an unbound combo (because it is synchronised with another unbound combo box) box that selects a record, but I can not get it to update the rest of the form to show the required data. The form looks up project data from 3 seperate tables which are all linked by relationship. What do I need to do to make this work Thx for looking.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!