Assistance with calculating the APR of a loan

I have been unsuccessful in finding the correct formula for the APR of a loan to calculate automatically. Does anyone have the formula for calculating APR
Posted On: Monday 22nd of October 2012 05:58:26 AM Total Views:  248
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft Access PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Need VBA assistance for placing records in specific columns in a table

I have a continuous form with a button next to each record. When this button is clicked next to Record A, it places the value from Column B, into a specific column in another Table (let's call this column in the other Table Col1 and let's call the other table "OTHER_TABLE"). So let's say my continuous form looks like this: ColumnA - ColumnB - ColumnC Site 1 - 11111 - AAAAA Site 2 - 22222 - BBBBB Site 3 - 33333 - CCCCC So if the button next to Site 1 is clicked, it will place the value of "11111" in Col1 in the other (for Site 1). If the button next to Site 2 is clicked, it will place the value of "22222" in Col1 in another table (for Site 2). If the button next to Site 3 is clicked, it will place the value of "33333" in Col1 in another table (for Site 2). Sofar regardless of what button you click, it always places the value from Column B into Col1 in the other Table. Sofar Column C has not been considered. However, what I want to do is: If button next to any Site is clicked, it will place the value for that Site in either Col1, Col2 or Col3 depending on what it the value in ColumnC is. So if ColumnC has AAAAA in it, it will place the value in ColumnB in Col1 in the other Table. If ColumnC has BBBBB in it, it will place the value in Column B in Col2 in the other Table. And if ColumnC has CCCCC in it, then clicking on the button will place the value in Column B in Col3 in the other Table. I hope this makes sense.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

Access Database assistance - please...

I am fairly new to access and still am not sure I fully understand how to do what I would like. I have a fairly large database for community participants... On the "master database" if you will, I am entering either the child or parent who may participate in the programs - with their demographic information.... (some participate in various programs, or only one) On master table, each participant is given an autonumber and identified by which programs he or she may be participating in. On a sub tables, I would like to take attendance for each program. Is there a way, I can create a table for one program and for access to identify all particpants from a particular program, pull in participant name and allow for entry. 1. Is this possible 2. IF so, will this create a problem if the participant is in multiple programs 3. I am trying to minimize the reentry of participants, and if new members are added at a later date, that access automatically places these names on the sub tables of attendance/// Thank you for any and all help you are able to provide.... M
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Use of ME with Modules

, I am getting an error with the Me function if present in modules. Is this because a module is Public How can I fix this problem and make the code run in a module Thank you. This code runs an append query before closing a form named form1 and open another form named form2 using the c/n as linking criteria. I am getting the error with Me. I am trying to run this module from a menu bar. thank you for you help. Dim mydb As DAO.Database, MyRs As DAO.Recordset Dim strCode As String Dim strFilter As String Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String Set mydb = CurrentDb Set MyRs = mydb.OpenRecordset("list") stDocName = "form1" stLinkCriteria = "[c/n]=" & "'" & Me![C/N] & "'" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria DoCmd.OpenQuery ("AppendHISTORY") DoCmd.Close DoCmd.OpenForm ("form1") End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Populate a date field with a Check Box

, I need to have a date field auto populated with the current date, when a check box is selected on the same form/table. I am OK with access but self taught, so treat me like a rookie.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Text/Memo Box with TimeStamp?

This may seem crazy but is there a way to add a timestamp to a messagebox/textbox so that I can check and see when was the last time it was edited So I wouldn't be editing something that has already been modified Such as if I checked out a message it will have a timestamp: 09/9/01 11:00 AM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Date() function with SQL Script

Whenever I try to do an insert using the Date() function the date always shows up in the field wrong. It shows up as a time (12:00:09 AM) instead of the date. I have the field setup as a Short Date and I have tried many other formats. What am I doing wrong See script below. "INSERT INTO tblOneTimeJobs ( CustomerID, OTJobDescription, CreateDate, CreatedBy ) " & _ "SELECT tblCustomers.CustomerID, '" & Me.txtOTJobDescription & "', " & Date & ", " & CurrentID() & " " & _ "FROM tblCustomers " & _ "WHERE (((tblCustomers.CustomerType)='2'))"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Need help with basics

I have a little experience with Access. But thats only really the basics. Basically my database is very simple. It holds data about customers, names, addresses, etc. Along with a review date. Plus it holds information regarding the location (in a filing system) of important papers for that customer. Basically the system is used to find out where the customers papers are located. As well as a query that can be ran on any review date, and the address taken from those records (that match) and shoved into word in a list. My problems are these, 1) If a query returns back with no results. How can I make it so that a message box appears explaining so 2) When editing a record in form view. Is there anyway of creating a 'cancel' button that will undo any changes that have been made to the record It seems that as soon as you close the box it doesnt ask if you want to save the changes 3) How do I create a delete button so that I can delete a record 4) And lastly, what would be the best method of going about getting the address's out of records via their review date as mentioned above I have a query that will allow you to enter in the review date you are looking for, but after that I am lost lol. I know these might sound like very pathetic questions to ask lol, reading the forums you all seem so knowledgable on these things so I really hope you can help a newbie lol.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Doubt about a database with single table

Hi all, I have joined this forum recently, and would require the guidance of experienced members regarding a doubt: I have tried to develop an access database with only one table in our office intranet. The front end has been developed on asp and is running on IIS 5 deployed on Windows XP machine with 512 MB RAM and P-4 processor.The system is working fine. My doubt is ,will it matter, if more than one user is working on the database(with only one table).that is to say, suppose, one user is posting data to the table and another user is querying the table, will it lead to any complications The situation as such is low concurrency, maybe about four users will be working simultaneously at the same time.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Index with tab control + weird problem with tabs' captions

I' ve created an index (catalog) for the books in the database using a tab control and the code: Private Sub TabCtl21_Change() If (193 + Me!TabCtl21.Value) < 210 Then Me.RecordSource = "SELECT * FROM tblBookTrackDetails" _ & " WHERE [tblBookTrackDetails.Details] Like '" & Chr(193 + Me!TabCtl21.Value) & "*'" _ & " ORDER BY " & Me.SortingTypeList & " ASC;" End If 'for english characters chr=97 If (193 + Me!TabCtl21.Value) >= 210 Then Me.RecordSource = "SELECT * FROM tblBookTrackDetails" _ & " WHERE [tblBookTrackDetails.Details] Like '" & Chr(194 + Me!TabCtl21.Value) & "*'" _ & " ORDER BY " & Me.SortingTypeList & " ASC;" End If If Me.Recordset.EOF Then MsgBox ("There are no books for this letter!") End If End Sub It works ok but please take a look at the attached image to see what is happening after clicking two or three times the index letters. After the tab's caption is "erased", if I pass over the mouse is being corrected. I tried the repaint and refresh commands but neither worked. Can anyone help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Hiding lable in a Report with code

I have a report that I use with a couple different parameters. I want to be able to change the title of the report depending on the parameter that is chosen. I have different OpenArgs set for each parameter and in the report I want to be able to change the Caption on a label depending on the OpenArgs. The Normal Me.lblHeader.Caption does show as an option like on a form. The options Me.lblHeader.Form.Caption and Me.lblHeader.Report.Caption show but say Invalid Reference when used. What am I missing Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

search form with option buttons

, I have a form named Welcome which I want to use as search menu for my database. I have added 4 option buttons and a unique textbox into which users will write their query criteria. My database has 4 queries and each option button should refer to one of them once selected Obviously I will need a command button that will run the query.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Problem with code on OCX Calendar

I've copied the code for an OCX Calendar on one of my forms to another form used for the exact same purpose. Everything is exactly the same and I keep getting the following error every time I click on the calendar: RT Error 91:"Object variable or With block variable not set" Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

problem with security server

I've placed my database on our office server. The database has a security file attached to it and must be launched via a shortcut. I've copied the shortcut on to the desktop of another machine, and when I launch the short cut, it prompts for the password and all that, but won't open the file. You get a message saying something like: "File is not on the Intranet or may not be from a trusted source. Could not open this file at this time." Any idea how to get around this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Help with date search

Help! Right now in my database the dates are displayed as yyyymmdd, and i'd like to be able to pull all records in a month (to send birthday cards). How would I do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Using the FindFirst Method with DAO

I am writing an event procedure to check to see if a particular Project number exist in a recordset. I am trying to use the findfirst method and are having some problems. Here is my code. Private Sub Command3_Click() Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset, ProjectNo As String, SqlStr As String, StrProjectNo As String Set db = CurrentDb() Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblTrackingSheetFrm", dbOpenTable) StrProjectNo = Me![ProjectNumber] rs.FindFirst StrProjectNo If rs.NoMatch Then Forms![frmProjectCriteria].Visible = False DoCmd.SetWarnings WarningsOff DoCmd.OpenQuery "(1)qryDeletetblTrackingSheetFrm" DoCmd.OpenQuery "(1A)qryDeletetblTrackingSheetTMP" DoCmd.OpenQuery "(2)qryAppendProjectTasks" DoCmd.OpenQuery "(3)qryMaketblLaborActuals" DoCmd.OpenQuery "(3A)qryUpdatetblTrackingSheetTMP" DoCmd.OpenQuery "(4)qryDeletetblMaterialActualsTMP" DoCmd.OpenQuery "(5)qryAppendEquipment" DoCmd.OpenQuery "(6)qryAppendInventory" DoCmd.OpenQuery "(7)qryAppendPayables" DoCmd.OpenQuery "(8)qryAppendPurchaseOrder" DoCmd.OpenQuery "(9)qryUpdateMaterialActuals" DoCmd.OpenQuery "(A)qryAppendtblTrackingSheetFrm" DoCmd.SetWarnings WarningsOn DoCmd.OpenForm "frmTrackingSheet", acNormal Else MsgBox " Project worksheet already opened by another user." rs.Close End If End Sub What this does is check to see if another user has a project open and if so doesnt allow that user to access that project. I am getting the following error when I execute the procedure on the findfirst Code line. Runtime error 3251 Operation is not supported by this object type. Can someone take a look and see what I am doing wrong.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Problem with Access Report

I do a report in ACCESS 2000. In the footer of the report I have 3 fields and the number that appears in each one is calculated in the code of the report. When I preview the report all the numbers are correct, but when I print the report all the numbers in those fields are doubled. I have put the code in both Format and Print, but still the same problem. I would appreciate any hints to solve the problem. Rgds
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

problem with this insert statment in vba

problem with this insert statment in vba Hi i got vba code that suppose to write table name ,column name , rquired ,feild type and feild size to an external db. The first part of this code write tables naem to external db and it is working well. I get the following error when i press the button on my form : Code: Run-time error '424': Object required and when i click on debut it points to this part with yellow collor. Code: metadb.Execute " Insert Into SysColumns(tablename,columnname,required,type,lenght) " & _ " Values ('" & TableDef.Name & "','" & Feild.Name & "'," & Feild.Required & ",'" & FieldType(Feild.Type) & "'," & Feild.Size & ")" I be happy if some one help me fix this erro
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Anyone help with this one?

Just trying to learn, I have a selection box where I can choose country, after I select the country a table is created with 3 columns from the database I then want to post the record from column 1 to a processform.asp "which works fine" this column is called companyname. Here is what I have Choose Country Companyname Contactname Country If anyone can help with this it will be very much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

How to output records into list box with 3 coloum headings

Hi every one. i want out put records into a list box with 3 column headings named as playerno, initials and name. The way i created the list box is by putting list value for the row source type and name the list box as lstPlayers. But unfortunately get all the the records Fields one after one not one row at a time. I be happy if some one tell how to fix this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

update column valu with random number

hello all I am trying to set column values to a random number between 3 and 5 PMRating TokenID: text H1: double YearID: text Code: UPDATE PMRating SET PMRating.H1 = (5+3-3)*Rnd()+3 This shows type mismatch error . What is the problem here.. please do help...Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!